10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    But by using your HS you're completely ignoring and invalidating all the content and players between you and your garrison! REMOVE IT to make the game better!!!!!!!
    Without flying, players either travel on the ground or with flight paths/Ogre Waygates, which have fixed locations. And those usually aren't placed next to the Quest objectives, so players still need to move there themselves after landing/zoning in. Where's with flight, players just swoop down the interesting things; rare mobs, rare items, Quest mobs, players,.. and afterwards again hop in and fly to the next target, making everything between those two points... kinda pointless to be even added there since everybody just flies past them.

Yeah, we have had discussions about anti-air cannons, dismounting birds, no-fly bubbles, being unable to fly up in quest area, and such.. but then again, how many would enjoy those? Being dismounted all the time, sitting on parachute and wondering how the life goes while waiting to reach the ground.

But on a more serious note, people ninja'ing things with their flying mounts has less to do with flight, and more to do with the primitive way that WoW handles mob-tagging and node gathering. I know that may not have been what you meant, but I'm just heading off another example of flight being blamed for problems that are actually the fault of something else entirely.
    It's easier to blame for it, than to make Blizzard make huge rewamps to professions or tags, nobody even wants to group-up since most of them is designed to be killed alone or are just easy anyways, and most of them apparently doesn't want to share the loot. It's bloody annoying when some jerk swoops down as soon as (s)he sees rare marker on the map and tags it just before I'm there due insane speed and approach difference (terrain, canyons, etc..).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But anyways, it's an experiment which lasts the first major patch. They already said that the situation is about 50/50, and I'm pretty sure that "overwhelming" majority does want flying to be enabled once next patch is released and content is a bit older. Yeah, I'm anti-flier. Yeah, I want flying to be enabled with Patch 6.1 in patch 6.0 areas.

My beloved Crimsy is going to take a small rest,..
    http://i.imgur.com/OGXDijL.jpg

...while I'm securing the skies of Draenor on my fearsome mushan.
    http://i.imgur.com/32ceP0b.jpg

The skies of Draenor are under control of evil Iron Horde and Arakkoa, and are waiting for their liberator, are YOU up for the task?
    http://i.imgur.com/UWSZ8HQ.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Kod5lH3.jpg

TLDR:
    Clear the current content's patch on ground, speed up the process and unlock flight once it's "irrelevant"/"old".
    Last edited by Anzaman; 2014-10-23 at 10:37 PM. Reason: changed the pics to links to shorten the post

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Without flying, players either travel on the ground or with flight paths/Ogre Waygates, which have fixed locations. And those usually aren't placed next to the Quest objectives, so players still need to move there themselves after landing/zoning in. Where's with flight, players just swoop down the interesting things; rare mobs, rare items, Quest mobs, players,.. and afterwards again hop in and fly to the next target, making everything between those two points... kinda pointless to be even added there since everybody just flies past them.

Yeah, we have had discussions about anti-air cannons, dismounting birds, no-fly bubbles, being unable to fly up in quest area, and such.. but then again, how many would enjoy those? Being dismounted all the time, sitting on parachute and wondering how the life goes while waiting to reach the ground.
    So rather than even TRY to make interesting content that includes mixed fly/no-fly areas, the answer is to remove one option entirely and piss off a goodly portion of the playerbase? I know blizzard said it's an experiment, but it's a damn risky one without much thought behind it. They're basically asking players to give up an enjoyable/beneficial feature that they've had for 7 years, all for the CHANCE to MAYBE have slightly improved gameplay. Followed up by a beta that proves that improved gameplay isn't happening.

For pro-fliers that equates to: Give up the feature you've had and enjoyed for 7 years for......no gain.

It's easier to blame for it, than to make Blizzard make huge rewamps to professions or tags, nobody even wants to group-up since most of them is designed to be killed alone or are just easy anyways, and most of them apparently doesn't want to share the loot. It's bloody annoying when some jerk swoops down as soon as (s)he sees rare marker on the map and tags it just before I'm there due insane speed and approach difference (terrain, canyons, etc..).
    These are not huge revamps. They're changes that already exist in the game! Rare tagging in Timeless Isle doesn't require you to group. Chests don't care if there's 50 people around all clicking it at the same time, everyone gets loot. Personal loot already exists in WoD. The only change that needs to be made is to apply that to every rare mob and gathering node. Problem solved. Maybe there's some technical aspect to it that prevents it? I don't know, but it SEEMS like it should be a fairly simple thing to do.

Besides, if you think people on the ground aren't still going to swoop in and steal gathering nodes or tag rare mobs before you, or not group up because they don't want to share loot.....well, you've got a severe misunderstanding of the playerbase in wow. It happened before Flight on rare hunter pets, and it happens all the time when you're killing a mob defending a mineral or herb and someone grabs it while you're fighting.

Again, the fault does NOT lie with flight. It's with the outdated way in which WoW handles mob/node tagging. No-flight won't change that.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2014-10-23 at 10:06 PM.

I don't know about you, but at least I don't look back and wonder how much time I've spent on travels.

Besides, you don't need to run around the continent anyways, especially since dailies are almost gone. Accept Garrison daily, go to the location and completed it, Garrison HS back.
    When people are annoyed or generally not having fun...yeah they start noticing that shit.

But it's not like we haven't tried telling you for 1200 pages now that we won't find ground mount travel fun...but you just, I dunno, seem to not get it.

Edit: you can drop the role playing posts, princess...
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-10-23 at 10:06 PM.

I don't know about you, but at least I don't look back and wonder how much time I've spent on travels.

Besides, you don't need to run around the continent anyways, especially since dailies are almost gone. Accept Garrison daily, go to the location and completed it, Garrison HS back.
    Ok then what about archeology, pet battles, gathering etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    These are not huge revamps. They're changes that already exist in the game! Rare tagging in Timeless Isle doesn't require you to group. Chests don't care if there's 50 people around all clicking it at the same time, everyone gets loot. Personal loot already exists in WoD. The only change that needs to be made is to apply that to every rare mob and gathering node. Problem solved. Maybe there's some technical aspect to it that prevents it? I don't know, but it SEEMS like it should be a fairly simple thing to do.
    Sure if they'd go with similar system than Guild Wars II, personal crafting nodes etc.., I wouldn't really have problems, well any other than that targets are able to flee by simply pressing space bar but mmyeah. But since I play on server where Horde overwhelmingly outnumber us, I'll just move to the next target.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    Edit: you can drop the role playing posts, princess...
    Okay, thought that it'd give some color to this serious discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Ok then what about archeology, pet battles, gathering etc etc
    Yeah, archaeology is going to be pain the in ass without ability to flight, but luckily it's not really needed for anything, it's mostly just timekilling secondary profession, at least they increased the amount of digs on the sites from six to ten... or that's what I heard. Adding those lodestones, which teleport you to random digsite, to as possible dig in addition to fragments and reducing it's cooldown could help a lot.

Haven't really been interested in pet battles, mostly just collect them, but at least quite many of pet battle masters are located very close to the flight paths. For example, pet battle master in Dread Wastes is just outside of Klaxxi'vess.

Yeah, I'm anti-flier. Yeah, I want flying to be enabled with Patch 6.1 in patch 6.0 areas.

Vanilla had a lot more content at launch. Professions I would argue were in a better state in vanilla than they will be in WoD.

Sure if they'd go with similar system than Guild Wars II, personal crafting nodes etc.., I wouldn't really have problems, well any other than that targets are able to flee by simply pressing space bar but mmyeah. But since I play on server where Horde overwhelmingly outnumber us, I'll just move to the next target.

Okay, thought that it'd give some color to this serious discussion.

Yeah, archaeology is going to be pain the in ass without ability to flight, but luckily it's not really needed for anything, it's mostly just timekilling secondary profession, at least they increased the amount of digs on the sites from six to ten... or that's what I heard. Adding those lodestones, which teleport you to random digsite, to as possible dig in addition to fragments and reducing it's cooldown could help a lot.

Haven't really been interested in pet battles, mostly just collect them, but at least quite many of pet battle masters are located very close to the flight paths. For example, pet battle master in Dread Wastes is just outside of Klaxxi'vess.
    Sorry for jumpin on ya, but it stretched yer post out drastically, and to be honest "roleplaying" to like the terrain you will be forced to ride over again again, to be seen as something special or entertaining is part of anti flying arguments.

But your right...this thread could use some color.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for jumpin on ya, but it stretched yer post out drastically, and to be honest "roleplaying" like the terrain is something special or entertaining is part of anti flying arguments.

But your right...this thread could use some color.
    Hmm... yeah, I guess I'll edit them to links instead of being pics then.

I might care more about flying if flight itself were actually fun. But it doesn't even feel like flying, it's not fluid at all. It reminds me of a cheat I use in GTA 4 where Niko can lift up off the ground and move around in any xyz direction. That's what flying feels like to me, jerky xyz movement. It feels like being in spectator mode.
    Another thing I noticed after using that cheat in GTA 4, some fun left the game. It felt more like a game and less like a world. Flying around in a plane in GTA is one thing since you have to take off and land. But just rising into the air and going anywhere on the map at any time really sucks away the open world feel.

TLDR:
    Clear the current content's patch on ground, speed up the process and unlock flight once it's "irrelevant"/"old".
    i see the logic there. When they cave and add in flight, whether it's true or not, they've said it's because the overwhelming majority want flying. Because of that and blizzards propensity to go to opposite extremes in their designing, i don't actually foresee much more if any of their new content, post 6.1, restricting flight, just like they virtually removed dailies and attunements, and in it's place with be another mechanism to slow content consumption. And we'll have another 1200 page thread about in when 7.0 comes out about how it's a big hindrance to players.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I might care more about flying if flight itself were actually fun. But it doesn't even feel like flying, it's not fluid at all. It reminds me of a cheat I use in GTA 4 where Niko can lift up off the ground and move around in any xyz direction. That's what flying feels like to me, jerky xyz movement. It feels like being in spectator mode.
    Another thing I noticed after using that cheat in GTA 4, some fun left the game. It felt more like a game and less like a world. Flying around in a plane in GTA is one thing since you have to take off and land. But just rising into the air and going anywhere on the map at any time really sucks away the open world feel.
    I appreciate the comparison. But please understand that while you may feel that way about flying, other people might not. Some people might enjoy the freedom it allows. Others might like the feeling of superiority of looking down on the enemy and the ground. Still others might just like the convenience of it.

Arbitrarily removing or changing flight based on any SINGLE idea or concept of 'fun' is just outright wrong.

It's good to know you want better flying too.

However, while you may not enjoy it. At least and at times, you have the option to choose not too.

Those that like and enjoy flying currently cannot enjoy flying In relevant constant they were just asked to pay more for.

Something just isn't right about blizzard move on this to remove flying from WoD content at max level and then continue to sell it in their cash shop.

I appreciate the comparison. But please understand that while you may feel that way about flying, other people might not. Some people might enjoy the freedom it allows. Others might like the feeling of superiority of looking down on the enemy and the ground. Still others might just like the convenience of it.

Arbitrarily removing or changing flight based on any SINGLE idea or concept of 'fun' is just outright wrong.
    People might like it but it isn't necessarily good for the game.

People might like it but it isn't necessarily good for the game.
    Pssst...if people find it fun...then you are on the right path.

Pssst...if people find it fun...then you are on the right path.
    Psssst...that very simple minded and plain not true...

Why do you think Bliz nerfs fun all the time? It's not because they don't like it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Those that like and enjoy flying currently cannot enjoy flying In relevant constant they were just asked to pay more for.

Something just isn't right about blizzard move on this to remove flying from WoD content at max level and then continue to sell it in their cash shop.
    Should they just send all those hybrid mounts into Blizzard Archive, like what they did to Guardian Cub, and sell ground-only mounts during WoD (or until flight returns)?

*Pref. no store mounts at all, but yeah...

Deleted
    Why do you think Bliz nerfs fun all the time? It's not because they don't like it..
    What a world would it be if games were for fun, right?
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-10-23 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Some sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I wish they would sell flight in WoD at the Blizz store... 50 bucks and you can use you flying mounts as in WoD. I would pay it in a heart beat if it was per account.

Yah I know what you mean though.

Should they just send all those hybrid mounts into Blizzard Archive, like what they did to Guardian Cub, and sell ground-only mounts during WoD (or until flight returns)?

*Pref. no store mounts at all, but yeah...
    Yah it isn't illegal or anything but it is unethical. It isn't like they have given this removing flight from the game the publicity it requires.

If it is such a good thing how come we have seen nothing on it on Blizzs front page, they have talked about garrisons, they talk about the mount they are selling that week. Also why wasn't this announced on stage at Blizzcon, I you anti flight people say it is for the good of the game and it is going to be great, why are they not being more up front about this?

Personally though if all the mounts they were selling (including in the CE) from the point where they said possibly no flying in WoD were hybrid mounts, I would be great deal less miffed and would show that Blizzard had some level of integrity left. Then if they announce it on stage during this next Blizzcon I would actually have some respect for them, but the only way it will come up is if someone asks.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-10-23 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    If it is such a good thing how come we have seen nothing on it on Blizzs front page, they have talked about garrisons, they talk about the mount they are selling that week. Also why wasn't this announced on stage at Blizzcon, I you anti flight people say it is for the good of the game and it is going to be great, why are they not being more up front about this?
    Probably since it's still more of wait and see -game, they haven't really announced if we'll get flying or not. But I'm having my bets for flights return with Patch 6.1.