Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Totally not what I was talking about. I quit in Cata because of the 10/25 man bullshit. Nothing to do with flying or heroic difficulty.
    I quit because the raids were horrendous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Then clearly, flying ain't a big deal is it?
    If it's not a big deal then why is there 119 pages of one side stomping their feet threatening to quit the game while the other side thinks it's fine either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    As has been expressed many times in this thread, the pull of no flying is having everyone on the ground.

But - imagine this - lotsa people don't want to be on the ground with you. At least not always. You're arguing that other players should stop doing what they enjoy (flying) and do something they enjoy less (riding on the ground) -- for your enjoyment. Do you not see how fantastically egoistical that is?

No, it's not. All I'm asking for is danger in the air to the point where you'd have to think twice about hopping on that bird. If that's not something that people want then flying can remain as safe as it is but it needs to be slower than a ground mount. There is no choice as it is. It's super safe and it's super fast. Using a ground mount makes you feel like an idiot when the other option is clearly superior.
    Lets face it, they won't ever do it, its much easier to just get rid of it entirely than it is to change the system.

I'll say it again, the " We will see what happens after 6.1" is nothing more than a farce at this point. Everything they have been posting on the official forums is them already leaning towards not having it at all. Much like the gated dailies thing, until it smacks them in the teeth and leaves them bloody, they will come up with anything they can to protect that decision.

I think you will see some sub loss from it later in the expansion, as well as tons of people just sitting around in cities not engaged at all. The one thing that might make them take a step back, is when the mount vendor dries up because more and more people will be unwilling to buy a mount that will only be useable one the ground.

They are already losing $20 from me because I am not going to be buying the Digital Deluxe version. Why pay for a flying mount that I can't fly? I already have the version its based from, why do I need to pay for another one that does the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    But - imagine this - lotsa people don't want to be on the ground with you. At least not always. You're arguing that other players should stop doing what they enjoy (flying) and do something they enjoy less (riding on the ground) -- for your enjoyment. Do you not see how fantastically egoistical that is?
    Honestly it would be for everyone's enjoyment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Then clearly, flying ain't a big deal is it?
    Did you just create a strawman out of something that had nothing to do with the conversation? You're reaching like mad, mate.

Let's do the same thing you did right there...

If flying isn't a big deal removing it wont be a problem.

I can cherry-pick and misinterpret too!
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Yeah, except flying mounts also ruin pvp, in my eyes, flying mounts completely ruin my *immension* because they completely remove the pvp part of the game by making players almost immune to pvp, ever tried to kill a Night elf Druid? Whats more immension breaking then someone hovering 6 yards above you, you being unable to slay the smug "#¤%.

Flying mounts directly affect pvp in a incredibly negative way, and its nice that Blizzard finally corrected their huge mistake with flying mounts which should never had been implemented in the first place.

More than half of WoW's player population plays on PVE realms and thus has and wants nothing to do with your world PVP whatsoever. So arguing that flying should be restricted on all server types because of world PVP is completely inane.

I'd be fine with no flying on PVP servers, obviously, since I don't play on one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Lets face it, they won't ever do it, its much easier to just get rid of it entirely than it is to change the system.

I'll say it again, the " We will see what happens after 6.1" is nothing more than a farce at this point. Everything they have been posting on the official forums is them already leaning towards not having it at all. Much like the gated dailies thing, until it smacks them in the teeth and leaves them bloody, they will come up with anything they can to protect that decision.

I think you will see some sub loss from it later in the expansion, as well as tons of people just sitting around in cities not engaged at all. The one thing that might make them take a step back, is when the mount vendor dries up because more and more people will be unwilling to buy a mount that will only be useable one the ground.

They are already losing $20 from me because I am not going to be buying the Digital Deluxe version. Why pay for a flying mount that I can't fly? I already have the version its based from, why do I need to pay for another one that does the same thing?
    I would say it's about time that they put the health of the community and game world over their profits if that were the case. Kill flying mounts and World of Queuecraft. I know I'd much rather have a game where the world is alive and kicking and people are out and about doing things instead of sitting in bloody Stormwind waiting for a queue while semi-afk on their Hearthsteed. Even if it means a million people leave.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2014-03-13 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    It wouldn't be for mine and a lot of other people in this thread. I already spent a ton of time without a flying mount back in Vanilla, just having a ground mount didn't bring anything to my experience at all, unless you want to count the extra time sink as an experience. There is a reason people lusted after flying mounts heading in to TBC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Same argument. If people want to PvP they will restrain themselves from flying and will PvP. FORCING people that are busy with something to deal with YOUR desire of fighting other players isn't immersion, neither socialization. There are places like the PvP 24/6 ENTIRE zone to people willing. No flight is just another a-hole move from the same stupid developers that bled subscriptions on Cataclysm. I hope this time Blizzard kick them out, because I'm sick of them ruining the game.
    Wpvp is chaotic, you might have to fend for your life at anytime, that adds a thrill to it all, something you will never experience in a bg or arena where pvp is guaranteed, you cant please everyone, pve and pvp players are to different, and sadly Blizzard for years now took the PvE sheep who clicked wrong on the pvp/pve server choice, now with roles reversed, i will take great pleasure in hunting sheep, knowing Blizzard backs me up fully.
    Last edited by mmocdfdf1a8f27; 2014-03-13 at 10:55 PM.

I would say it's about time that they put the health of the community and game world over their profits if that were the case. Kill flying mounts and World of Queuecraft.
    Removing flying mounts is only going to make World of Queuecraft even worse, unless you completely remove it too, in which case you may as well be ready to put this game on F2P mode because of the mass exodus.

Right, because you know what's best for everyone.

I love playing female gnomes the most, they're the best characters by far! So I petition that from now on, every character in the game is a female gnome. It's for everyone's enjoyment, promise! You'll learn to love it!

There is a reason people lusted after flying mounts heading in to TBC.
    Yeah an easy way out, a faster way out, a way out of danger.

- - - Updated - - -

Right, because you know what's best for everyone.

I love playing female gnomes the most, they're the best characters by far! So I petition that from now on, every character in the game is a female gnome. It's for everyone's enjoyment, promise! You'll learn to love it!
    No I don't, and you can't please everyone anyway. You can however save the bad analogies.

I would say it's about time that they put the health of the community and game world over their profits if that were the case. Kill flying mounts and World of Queuecraft. I know I'd much rather have a game where the world is alive and kicking and people are out and about doing things instead of sitting in bloody Stormwind waiting for a queue while semi-afk on their Hearthsteed. Even if it means a million people leave.

Removing flying will not get those afk people out of the cities. It will produce even MORE people afking in the cities.

I'm all for adding incentive to get people out in the world, but removing flying accomplishes the opposite of that. You have to make getting out of the city enticing, fun, and as comfortable as possible, so that the lazy people will do it, cause hey, most people are lazy. By making it more tedious, NO ONE will leave the city anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing flying mounts is only going to make World of Queuecraft even worse, unless you completely remove it too, in which case you may as well be ready to put this game on F2P mode because of the mass exodus.
    Removing flying will not get those afk people out of the cities. It will produce even MORE people afking in the cities.

I'm all for adding incentive to get people out in the world, but removing flying accomplishes the opposite of that. You have to make getting out of the city enticing, fun, and as comfortable as possible, so that the lazy people will do it, cause hey, most people are lazy. By making it more tedious, NO ONE will leave the city anymore.

Consider this. The lack of flying mounts makes the price of resources higher because of the invested time required in order to farm them. This forces people out into the world to gather on their ground mounts in the hopes of making a solid profit or harvesting the materials required themselves. More people on the ground in the zones vying for resources and fighting over them.

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Wpvp is chaotic, you might have to fend for your life at anytime, that adds a thrill to it all, something you will never experience in a bg or arena where pvp is guaranteed, you cant please everyone, and sadly Blizzard for years now took the PvE sheep who clicked wrong on the pvp/pve server choice, now with roles reversed, i will take great pleasure in hunting sheep, knowing Blizzard backs me up fully.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to start seeing most of those people leaving PvP servers. Thats not a completely bad thing, but it may make the populations on those servers shrink.

No I don't, and you can't please everyone anyway. You can however save the bad analogies.

Only if you stop telling me that you know better than me what I enjoy. I love flying and enjoy it very much, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't surprise me at all to start seeing most of those people leaving PvP servers. Thats not a completely bad thing, but it may make the populations on those servers shrink.
    I'm sure people on Illidan will be thankful for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    As has been expressed many times in this thread, the pull of no flying is having everyone on the ground.
    Which means NOTHING on a PvE server. Which is downright UN-fun for those of us who aren't good at PvP or play classes that aren't very good in 1v1.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Consider this. The lack of flying mounts makes the price of resources higher because of the invested time required in order to farm them. This forces people out into the world to gather on their ground mounts in the hopes of making a solid profit or harvesting the materials required themselves. More people on the ground in the zones vying for resources and fighting over them.

This could in theory work, if it wasn't for the fact that we're gonna get garrisons that will gather resources for us. So much for immersion and getting people out in the world. The design team is completely contradicting its own statements here.

Still, even if we took garrisons out of the equation -- it would still be less people out in the world, competing for the nodes. Cause if it was the same amount of gatherers as there are now, the prices would be cheap again, wouldn't they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Or because they've increased the demand for grinding, more people just quit because they don't want to pay Blizz for a second job.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.