Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    it certainly isn't false entitlement, we've paid for it

am I going to get a refund if they remove content I paid for?
    U bought something u knew almost nothing about, and then u complain.
    Perhaps ppl should stop PRE-ORDERING GAMES
    I put the laughter in manslaughter
    Blood DK problems: to many ppl at daily place, cant pull 8packs *cries*
    BF3>CoD Cola>Pepsi PC>Mac Xbox>PS3

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I already know what WoW is like without flying and I freaking *loathe* it. No thanks.
    if you're not willing to give it a chance then your only other option is to unsub. possibly permanently.
    Are you nervy? Irritable, depressed, tired of life? Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Ground mounts are used everywhere though, I see them all the time.
    Where in the game does a ground mount become more advantageous than the flying mount?

Where in the game can you not just replace your ground mount with a flying mount and it is just as, if not more effective?

Quote Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
    There is nothing wrong with being boosted.

There is also nothing wrong with flying - except that there is absolutely no trade-off for choosing flying over ground. I don't really think Blizzard needs to completely disable flying in WoD at all if they would just put some trade-off so that a player has to make a conscious decision on whether flying or ground is better at the time.

Right now, flying is never the worst choice.
    Make some air guard so it's more dangerous to fly.

I already know what WoW is like without flying and I freaking *loathe* it. No thanks.

Couldn't agree more. I played in vanilla flying made the world much bigger and much more enjoyable. Not to mention convenient. No flying at all, they can keep it.

Where in the game does a ground mount become more advantageous than the flying mount?

Where in the game can you not just replace your ground mount with a flying mount and it is just as, if not more effective?
    Most instanced content IE arena BG Dungeons raids etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    Daze, polymorph, so on? You've really never heard it done before?
    Flying mounts were made immune to daze in either Wrath or Cataclysm.

Someone that gets polymorphed on their flying mount was living dangerous to begin with.

I'm not surprised. The developer, Arsaffria guy, is a purist from the vanilla / tbc days. It makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    yes actually the cooldown alone makes it more difficult as there is no cooldown at all on knocking people off their ground mounts. there's also plethora of other reasons why knocking people off ground mounts is easier, most of which are kinda obvious.
    Yes, there is actually. Hex has a cool down and a cast time. A cool down alone doesn't make it hard. The cast time is what makes it hard.

Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    I didn't fly in the faction cities, in fact like most I didn't even go to the faction cities unless I absolutely had to in Wrath. I mostly spent time in Dalaran as I recall, and then I was usually flying around on my mount.
    You couldn't fly in Dalaran during Wrath either.

Incorrect, you could above a certain level and only for a brief time at the beginning of the expansion.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yes, there is actually. Hex has a cool down and a cast time. A cool down alone doesn't make it hard. The cast time is what makes it hard.
    what? you can knock people off ground mounts with auto attack.
    Are you nervy? Irritable, depressed, tired of life? Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    What did you do before we could fly in EK/Kalimdor?
    I played in Outland and Northrend 90% of the time since those were current areas during those years.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    what? you can knock people off ground mounts with auto attack.
    What game are you playing again?

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    We allowed flying during Cataclysm because as those zones were mixed-in with the 1-60 world it just would have been really jarring to dismount you as you fly into Hyjal, etc. but we would have disallowed it for Catalcysm zones as well if there was a reasonable solution there.
    Wait, wasn't Cata the expansion that brought flying into old Azeroth in the first place? Seems the solution (if they wanted no flying while leveling in Cata) was to just not add flying to Azeroth until later in the xpac or in MoP. Or not at all. Probably because they know that expanding flying is always a great selling point, as opposed to restricting it.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansTrolley View Post
    I'm not surprised. The developer, Arsaffria guy, is a purist from the vanilla / tbc days. It makes sense.
    Hes the furor, he helped make TBC the best expansion ever. I trust his judgement. He is however not very casual friendly

- - - Updated - - -

I played in Outland and Northrend 90% of the time since those were current areas during those years.
    I was referring to TBC when flying first was introduced.

Make some air guard so it's more dangerous to fly.
    That is certainly a solution in some areas; however, the skybox is so huge in some places that there is no way they could populate enough air guards up there without it looking... weird.

They could do weather, which I think they should anyway.

They could also implement more nets and surface-to-air cannons, yet that suffers from the incredibly large skybox issue too.

I think they could do several of those things and make them work, yet be believable - but they'd have to lower the skybox ceiling down to around 20-30 yards - essentially the treetops.

You couldn't fly in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor before Cataclysm. So, what did you do during Wrath?
    I kept my butt in Northrend lol

Most instanced content IE arena BG Dungeons raids etc.
    You can still summon flying mounts in all those instances - they are still just as effective as ground-only mounts - just limited to ground movement.

Another example please.

You can still summon flying mounts in all those instances - they are still just as effective as ground-only mounts - just limited to ground movement.

Another example please.
    Damn you must have a different game client then me because I wish I could use my mounts in dungeons and raids, you still need more examples?