10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    What I find interesting is that this thread is further helping the cause for Blizzard removing flying.

Before this, i'd wager that removal was some a fantasy whisper around Blizzard HQ between devs. Thanks to that tweet and this thread, theres now a 2.5k+ growing forum full of feedback, much of it positive, which wouldnt have existed otherwise. And the devs will be spurred on knowing that, if they wish to go even further than simply delaying flying (which was what the other megathread was about), they actually do still have a ton of support.

The op, ironically enough, did a huge favour to everyone who wants flying removed outright by creating a thread complaining about it, where people have been rushing to provide positive feedback as well.
    Which would indicate that there is an objective basis for such a move. This isn't coming out of thin air, there are conceptual considerations for this. A fact that many disregard. But whether it ends up being a good or bad move remains to be seen. Something that should be a good thing for the game and what people would enjoy doesn't always end up being received in that manner (Cata heroics, anyone).

What I find interesting is that this thread is further hurting the cause that Blizzard is championing about removing flying as it is exposing Blizzard's arguments being very weak. Especially since the launch is being delayed for so long.

Just because 50% of the players provide positive feedback doesn't mean the other 50% will be happy. As the Blizzard has said it is split 50/50 so is it worth losing 50% of your subs over removing flying?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Which would indicate that there is an objective basis for such a move. This isn't coming out of thin air, there are conceptual considerations for this. A fact that many disregard. But whether it ends up being a good or bad move remains to be seen. Something that should be a good thing for the game and what people would enjoy doesn't always end up being received in that manner (Cata heroics, anyone).
    This is like the realID fiasco all over again.

Vocal minority shouting down the majority as it happened with portals being removed.

Don't really understand the pro-flying arguments and the people who're saying they'll unsubscribe blow my mind even further.

People don't want to put effort into getting anything, rather than take steps A-Z they just want steps A and Z.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    What I find interesting is that this thread is further hurting the cause that Blizzard is championing about removing flying as it is exposing Blizzard's arguments being very weak. Especially since the launch is being delayed for so long.

Just because 50% of the players provide positive feedback doesn't mean the other 50% will be happy. As the Blizzard has said it is split 50/50 so is it worth losing 50% of your subs over removing flying?

- - - Updated - - -

This is like the realID fiasco all over again.

Vocal minority shouting down the majority as it happened with portals being removed.
    I think your perspective is mightily skewed there - the overwhelming majority never gave a shit about realID, the vocal minority shouting were in fact the ones against it. And skip to now, when it's never an issue for anything, ever.

And please stop insinuating people will "unsub" over flying...please...just get a grip and wait and see. If it's really that terrible and it doesn't work out, it will be back in 6.1 like promised. Just relax and get off the soapboxes, people.

I think your perspective is mightily skewed there - the overwhelming majority never gave a shit about realID, the vocal minority shouting were in fact the ones against it. And skip to now, when it's never an issue for anything, ever.

And please stop insinuating people will "unsub" over flying...please...just get a grip and wait and see. If it's really that terrible and it doesn't work out, it will be back in 6.1 like promised. Just relax and get off the soapboxes, people.
    You are wrong about realID and about the removal of portals. When the majority of players (those that do not participate in any WoW related former) caught wind of what was happening they made their complaints known.

Less than 1% of the player base participates on forums probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are wrong about realID and about the removal of portals. When the majority of players (those that do not participate in any WoW related former) caught wind of what was happening they made their complaints known.

Less than 1% of the player base participates on forums probably.
    I agree, the forum population is the minority - which is why THIS is the vocal minority. Look at realID now - noone cares, it's not an issue.
    And removing flying for Draenor content isn't even remotely in the same ballpark. Like I said before, let's wait and see how it turns out - again, if it turns out to suck on LIVE and people are mostly unhappy about it, it will be back you can be sure about that.

There's really no point to foaming at the mouth now, it's beyond silly.

WoW is an alt driven game.

Removal of portals and MoP daily fiasco showed it was bad. Not waiting to find out with WoD. My past experiences tell me otherwise and I did a lot of testing on how long it takes to complete gathering, dailies, etc with only a ground mount Roughly 30% more time.

As for realID there was enough complaints towards Blizzard's headquarters (So many phone ringing that they gave up at some point the customer service reps because they were overwhelmed).

The vast majority of people wouldnt give a shit about whether we fly or dont fly. They'll just trudge along and play the game. Anyone who has a strong opinion on flying enough to come to forums (both for AND against) are the small minority here.

10+ Year Old Account
    The vast majority of people wouldnt give a shit about whether we fly or dont fly. They'll just trudge along and play the game. Anyone who has a strong opinion on flying enough to come to forums (both for AND against) are the small minority here.
    Quite right. The overwhelming majority ingame (even if they don't like the removal) will not unsub over it, or really care. It simply isn't that big of a deal.

I disagree.

MoP daily fiasco shows otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree.

MoP daily fiasco shows otherwise.
    Two entirely different matters, just like realID issue was something completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Oh yeah, that's why the game gets more casual friendly with each move. This is a marketing stunt to get the attention of the d-bags who think they are cool if they blame everything that went wrong with the game on casuals and flying mounts. Realistically they know flying will never really be expelled from the game, but I guess they are playing along and letting us do what we usually do on the forums... argue pointlessly.
    WoD is more casual friendly? That statement is just completely wrong, and even if it is. That doesn't mean they are directly listening to forums. I just think people on forums have the delusion their actually being listened to. Even when a blue responds it's political. It's a yea sure well look at that approach. I've already said it was marketing a while back in this thread. Don't know what that has to do with the post you responded to though.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Don't you mean a couple million subs? I think blizzard has to abandon flying. I do not think they have time to code the game for flying. As it is SoO will be the longest running raid patch in the history of wow.

No flying is financial, nothing else. Blizzards bad policy is catching up with them. Just because a company makes a lot of money does not mean their product line is healthy. This started back in MOP with bad bad bad decisions. It's catching up with them. Their PR team is working double time. No flying is good for the game my ass.
    No a couple million is an absurd number. In this forum, and the official one combined on a poll. How many people would even poll? Would it even break a thousand, and how many of those thousand would even go through with unsubbing. I think it's silly, and people in the forums believe they have some sort of say in the direction of the game? Even in this thread. Completely mad people with no reason whatsoever. You think Blizz is going to listen to them? That's extremely naive. Blizz is doing there best to keep the mmo crowd right now. They've lost touch with that with streamlining the game. Now their trying to reverse some of its bad effects.

Honestly good! Because flying mounts were honestly the worse thing they ever added to WoW.

Player interaction is nothing. World PvP dried up with BC. And you fly over all the beautiful lands, and never feel challenged or have any trouble farming.

It's all handed to you with a spoon with flying mounts.

I am yet to hear a proper explanation why they couldn't remove flying.
    They already said if they did, they would make it so it doesn't effect resource gathering.

Besides that it leaves:
    - easymode traveling.
    - Sighseeing
    - invincibility from world pvp on pvp realms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    That's a pathetic argument, and you know it. Not trying to be rude.

It's called "the path of least resistance". Google it if you need to. People will almost always use the shortest, quickest, most efficient means to an end, regardless of whether or not they learn from it, gain experience from it, enjoy it, like it, are immersed by it etc, etc, etc.

I do numerous Heroic Scenarios a day, because it's the fastest way to cap valor. I hate them. I think they're fucking RUBBISH, but, since they're the fastest way to cap valor, I do them every day, on every character. Sure, I could just ignore them out of choice, like you suggest people do with flying mounts, but why should I have to purposely gimp my character's progression just to prove a point, or so I don't "force my opinion on others"?

Good game designers take that false choice away from gamers - like it or hate it. Note - I CERTAINLY don't think Blizzard's perfect, trust me. I think they make a lottt of stupid, stupid decisions. I simply don't think this is one of them.
    So what you're saying is that you need blizzard to make the choice for you?

You can walk right now. Nothing is stopping you. yet you say you cant help but use your flying mount?
    You cant even control yourself?

That makes you less than a puppet, pathetic really and your opinion should be discarded.
    Others should not suffer because you need Blizzard to force you into doing something, merely because you lack the self control to do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post

You can walk right now. Nothing is stopping you. yet you say you cant help but use your flying mount?
    You cant even control yourself?
    This is one of the most retarded arguments against "I don't like flying"

Why?
    You enjoy thing 1, which gives you 100 cookies per hour but doing it, is gimping yourself.
    But, thing 2 gives you 1000, but you don't enjoy doing it, but doing it, is efficient and competitive in the cookie market.

Which one you pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    This is one of the most retarded arguments against "I don't like flying"
    Yet "flying killed world pvp" is a great reason to ban flying mounts.

WoW is a game, you're playing games to have fun. If flying isn't fun to you, don't do it. If it was a job, then I would agree.

Deleted
    I agree, the forum population is the minority - which is why THIS is the vocal minority. Look at realID now - noone cares, it's not an issue.
    And removing flying for Draenor content isn't even remotely in the same ballpark. Like I said before, let's wait and see how it turns out - again, if it turns out to suck on LIVE and people are mostly unhappy about it, it will be back you can be sure about that.

There's really no point to foaming at the mouth now, it's beyond silly.
    You dont even know what you're talking about.
    The original RealID used your REAL name on public forums.
    THAT is what people were outraged about.

No one gives a shit wether people THEY CHOOSE to share that information with know their real name.
    Key concept here is choice. choosing to share your personal info, or blizzard making the choice for you, like they're doing now with flying.

Blizzard is on the fast track to becoming nazi germany. Not too smart when you're hemorraging subs.
    Last edited by mmoc878ebd00c0; 2014-03-14 at 12:13 PM.

Complain more. Maybe the bad arguments can get this up to 200 plus pages. Especially because nothing will change because of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Yet "flying killed world pvp" is a great reason to ban flying mounts.

WoW is a game, you're playing games to have fun. If flying isn't fun to you, don't do it. If it was a job, then I would agree.
    Flying diminished one of the aspects why pvp realms exist.

I play wow for fun, yeah. Tho my reason for picking PvP realm, was made invalid.

Edit: I don't think flying is inheritedly evil. it worked in TBC, when normal flying was 60% speed, so people who couldn't afford epic, like myself, used 100% ground mounts for travel and the flying to move vertically.
    That kept the ground pvp going for enough to enjoy it.
    Last edited by Ghostile; 2014-03-14 at 12:16 PM.