They're giving a flying mount with the CE/DD editions but at the same time are thinking about eliminating flying? Just do a little thinking before posting.

people complain how things were better in vanilla. they try to respite ideologies of what people miss. people complain again. its like a vicious cycle.

I could care less. This isn't going to change anything.
    My 2010-2014 Build *updated as of 4/4/14*
    Instagram follow @TheDrawingMil

Quote Originally Posted by Thessik-Irontail View Post
    If they remove flying in this xpac, that will be just amazing...

It's like blizzard is trying to right all the wrongs over the last several years in one xpac.. good luck bliz, try and bring back the good old days.
    now remove botters and actually ban people for being dickheads in trade and we might actually have classic back

He just said basically no flying at launch. The same they said since the expansion was announced.
    6.1 will allow you to fly. Sheessh i cant comprehend how some of you get so upset about misinterpretations and raw incomplete info.

You guys make me realize better why other people get that upset over their own interpretations about real life ... issues. You know what i mean. Thats how you sound.

No flying at all theoretically points to an attempt to stretch out content by introducing a large artificial time sink. But we will have to wait and see till the beta comes out so we can't really speculate any further. Blizz argues that players burn through content fast because of flying, but I disagree. I would argue the queue system is what causes players to burn through content fast but isn't being scaled back so flying is taking the brunt of it which seems unfair from my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    I don't mind timeless island... well except that Mobs that can charge you over and over again.

Those people you talk about believe everyone should be like them and forcing everyone instead of giving everyone freedom is how thing should be.
    And those guys aren't even really dangerous. If you have CC, you can avoid them completely. They are most annoying on my DK since I have to waste the time and sit and kill them. The only way they are a danger to me is if I try to ignore them and run. They, by themselves, are no dangerous in the least. Just annoying.
    -=Skyforge=- A new action based MMORPG from the Allods team and Obsidian Entertainment. MMO-C Skyforge thread.
    It's ok to not like things. Posting and you!

His interview is pretty far from a statement of no flying in all of WoD. It can be taken equally he's saying they'll see how things go with no WoD launch flying (which we have all known since Blizzcon) and that they'll possibly consider not having flying in a different future expansion after WoD.

There is a list of things about a mile long that Blizzard at one time or another has said that they might consider doing someday. In fact that's pretty much the default answer to every audience question at the Blizzcon panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Maemae View Post
    people complain how things were better in vanilla. they try to respite ideologies of what people miss. people complain again. its like a vicious cycle.

I could care less. This isn't going to change anything.
    tbh there are not many classic wow players left and the whiners are usually people who joined after burning crusade, classic people dnt care about this change cos we know how it was back in the day its the new breed of kid gamers who are fucking bitching if you dnt like wow go back to fucking call of duty if yo udnt like drastic changes

Yes! Yes! Yes!

OT: This will make me really happy if it comes to pass. I'd rather not have the comodity of easy travel in return of the immersion of walk-only, any day!
    Disclaimer: The majority of my posts might be dripping in sarcasm. Don't take everything I say literally.

Flying is one of the biggest things that makes WoW different from other games. Removing it would be ludicrous. Now ,removing Arenas? That would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    now remove botters and actually ban people for being dickheads in trade and we might actually have classic back
    What servers were YOU on in Vanilla? :P

I used to love having bots trundling around Deadwind pass. I would just run ahead of them and tag vultures with a moonfire and let them kill it for me. Sometimes it'd be hours before they caught on.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    They are thinking about this because WoD does not have very much content and the number of removed features outweighs the number of added features.

In short...worst expac ever.
    Yeah but I don't want to believe this a possibility but time sink introduction to travel is often a trademark of Korean MMORPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thessik-Irontail View Post
    If they remove flying in this xpac, that will be just amazing...

It's like blizzard is trying to right all the wrongs over the last several years in one xpac.. good luck bliz, try and bring back the good old days.
    trying to bring back the old days are nothing but nostalgic memories of old.
    '"Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you."
    - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

The only worthwhile advantage to removing flying is to limit how quickly you can advance in level. Beyond that, there's no need for this arbitrary gating system. If you want people to spend more time in the world, make it compelling and interesting to be outside of the cities whenever possible. This would be the exact opposite. Instead of flying out to run someone through a dungeon or farm a weekly raid reset, people are going to think "fuck it, I have to run all that way" and AFK in the major cities even harder. Would you seriously ground mount from IF or Org all the way to Kara every week? Or, god forbid, TK? If you said yes to that, you're either a goddamn liar or a masochist.
    Unfairly deleted signatures. Unfairly deleted signatures everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    Botters existed in Vanilla.
    '"Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you."
    - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    No flying at all theoretically points to an attempt to stretch out content by introducing a large artificial time sink. But we will have to wait and see till the beta comes out so we can't really speculate any further. Blizz argues that players burn through content fast because of flying, but I disagree. I would argue the queue system is what causes players to burn through content fast but isn't being scaled back so flying is taking the brunt of it which seems unfair from my view.
    I think players burn through content "so fast" because they take too bloody long releasing new content.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Near the end of the interview they hint at no flying throughout the entire xpac.
    Great. See you in whatever expansion comes after they fire that whiny Everquest crybaby.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data".

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Make my flying only mounts be used as ground only mounts and i will be fine with it..what I'm most upset is that i cant use my favorite mounts that i put a LOT (years in some cases) of effort into...
    There are still 5 continents to fly on if Draenor is restricted.... ofcourse you can use them. >.>

meh, don't give a shit. as long as they allow all mounts to be used as ground mounts I'm fine with it

fly/no fly areas should have been opposite of what they are now. most of the world should have been no flying with special content areas that allow flying. it wouldn't have cheapened the world experience and flying would be more special and exciting.