how is choice in a video game bad?
    Because if there's only one choice that makes you competitive and/ or efficient it's not really a legitimate choice anymore. It would be like a talent tier that provides 1 clear DPS/ Healing/ Damage Mitigation increase and 2 flavor abilities that just look cool.... anyone who really cares about their performance will choose the talent that clearly increases your performance. It's no longer an "interesting" choice as Blizzard likes to say.

Flying doesn't necessarily = better, but it's obviously much more efficient than traveling by ground, in which case the majority of people would use flying mounts simply because they can. Choosing between efficient and inefficient when all you're trying to do is get the job done isn't a choice anymore, the efficient option will always be chosen.

If there were flight I would've explored the shit out of Draenor
    hahahaha, i found this bit to be hilarious.

I love the fact that there's no flying, and hope they keep it this way. The world just feels vibrant and dangerous, instead of flying from A to B, doing whatever, and flying back to A.

Probably one of the best features of the expansion. Can't wait for raids to start... the road to highmaul will be a dangerous one

Quote Originally Posted by Javasack View Post
    how is choice in a video game bad? The game feels fun without flying for now. This may not be the case in a couple of months. That is where choice comes in. This is a mmorpg, it should be an open world. I like no flight right now. At some point I would like to be able to explore the world.
    The same way choice is bad in real life. Grocery stores for example sell more food when they have fewer choices available. People ponder and ponder over the choices and end up buying nothing. Whereas when you have 2 or 3 choices instead of 10, it's easy to pick one. Not saying that necessarily works in a video game, but the idea of more choices = better just simply isn't always true.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    I dunno, I just think it's comical this is 1300 pages long. I just don't understand how it impacts people so hard.
    Because everything is subjective and everyone in this thread are brilliant game designers and deserve unbridled freedom to do whatever they want and you have no right to tell anyone how to have fun and people flying all around you doesn't effect how you play the game and not flying is a test of willpower because flying is too OP but its a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    hahahaha, i found this bit to be hilarious.

I love the fact that there's no flying, and hope they keep it this way. The world just feels vibrant and dangerous, instead of flying from A to B, doing whatever, and flying back to A.

Probably one of the best features of the expansion. Can't wait for raids to start... the road to highmaul will be a dangerous one
    "I love no flight! I can't wait for instances!"

O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So now that I'm 100:

1. Log on
    2. Do the Garrison stuff
    3. Do the apex daily (using FP)
    4. Queue for some dungeons from Garrison.
    5. Log off
    thats about it for me too...
    i explored most, if not all of Draenor, i got all the treasures i wanted to find, the rest of them are not really worth my time, i did all the quests from all the zones....all of that while leveling...

now im lvl 100, and every time i have to leave garrison, i start to really miss flying...
    i wanted to go and get some new pets, farm for that awesome transmog gear from Dwarven bunker, i wanted to finish leveling archeology, but i cant make myself travel by ground more than i have to,because to me it feels boring...

no flying didnt add anything "new" to the game in my opinion,the content is the same like it always was in past expansion...
    No flying only made me play World of Queuecraft, when with flying i was playing World of Warcraft...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Because everything is subjective and everyone in this thread are brilliant game designers and deserve unbridled freedom to do whatever they want and you have no right to tell anyone how to have fun ...
    i dont want to be rude, but do you realize the irony of this post, especialy coming from you?
    Last edited by shadowstep; 2014-11-26 at 04:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Nice generalizations there. Sounds like you are the one without self control.

What may be fun and immersive for you is nothing more than an opinion....And a lot of use feel the exact opposite. At least on our side we can have both.
    he's right

i really hoped for more rare item drops in dungeons so it would be annoying to farm for people like you

Still playing but this is something I have noticed at least with me.

Feral druid is max level w/a 625 item level. He isn't played much beyond the daily and keeping up with his garrison stuff. Might que for a instance but typically get tired of the wait and will just log into another toon.

Enhance shaman also max level, w/a 616 item level, pretty much the same deal.

I have located every treasure save a few and the same applies to the rares.

Most of the time I spend playing is leveling another toon and I play a lot (Benefit of being semi retired). The treasures, rares, etc etc have all since lost any novelty or fun value after the first few toons. How long before leveling will lose its novelty for me is anyones guess, but I would wager for me it will be the 4-5th toon.

Then what will happen in my case at least. Is I will find myself just making the rounds with my garrisons, and sitting in que.. Frankly that will grow very boring very fast. So the question is why don't I go out into the world and do things, to make the que times pass more quickly?

Well I don't find riding through an area for the 100th time on my way to a objective, to be dismounted by mobs that pose no challenge threat or reward to be fun game play. My objective whether it be a pet battle, a archeology site, a certain camp of mobs I want to farm, etc etc is what I want to play... not kill leveling mob #778 for no reason what so ever. Simply it is way more trouble and annoyance then it is worth.

So I won't go out into the world, I will grow bored and it will only be a matter of time before I quit.

Even after leveling two toons to max level.

1. Flight paths although superior to the one previously in WoW, are still a horrible travel method by game standards today.

2. Still haven't seen any WPVP beyond Ashran (granted I am on a PVE server)

3. Really haven't seen anymore people out in the world beyond the daily quest objective

4. Ground travel even at max level through older zones is still a pain cause piddly shit that poses no threat challenge or reward still dismount you.

5. Jumping puzzles, are fine but WoW is not designed for them, and personally I find them more infuriating them fun, and refuse to repeat them unless the reward is significant to my current character.

6. Danger in the world, yeah doesn't exist, brought two characters to max level and only died once and that was because a item didn't work the way I thought, fall damage.

7. The leveling experience was great, but at max level travel is tedious and boring

So my question to you anti flight people are three fold.

I thought flights removal was supposed to bring people out into the world where are they?

I thought its removal was going to make WoD and dangerous and savage place, where is it?

I thought it was going to invigorate WPVP even on PVE server, where is it?

"I love no flight! I can't wait for instances!"

O.o
    I take it you didn't understand what i meant. I feel a bit silly for having to explain such a evident statement, but i can't wait for all the skirmishes on the route to the raids. Gathering my guild 30m-1h before the raid, and having blockades on the road, much like when we gathered in Kargath to head together to Blackrock Mountain, so yea, i'm excited about that.

Hope to have cleared it up for ya, considering how you failed to understand it the first time.

Oh, another super fun statement i just read on this thread :

2. Still haven't seen any WPVP beyond Ashran (granted I am on a PVE server)
    No s*** sherlock? What did you expect from a PvE realm? Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    no flying didnt add anything "new" to the game in my opinion,the content is the same like it always was in past expansion...
    No flying only made me play World of Queuecraft, when with flying i was playing World of Warcraft...
    As predicted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    No s*** sherlock? What did you expect from a PvE realm? Sigh...
    Oh no as was said by many of the anti flight folks "WPVP happens on PVE realms to", earlier in this thread.

So my question still stands. Where is it?

People are simply entitled. They don't care about anything but their own convenience.

Move on, people. We should pay our attention to the comet landing, not the fucking shirt, if you can see the point behind this analogy.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    As predicted.
    The only thing that was predicted was no flight being the scape goat for all your pouty face complaints no matter the state of the game. Even if they added flight right now, your complaints couldn't be any different because flight isn't content but I bet you you would come here and say how improved the game is and how there's so much more to do now.

The pro flight agenda: bash every aspect of the game until flight is reinstated, then praise everything about the game.

The only thing that was predicted was no flight being the scape goat for all your pouty face complaints no matter the state of the game. Even if they added flight right now, your complaints couldn't be any different because flight isn't content but I bet you you would come here and say how improved the game is and how there's so much more to do now.

The pro flight agenda: bash every aspect of the game until flight is reinstated, then praise everything about the game.
    With flight I would be doing archeology, pet battles, farming mobs, in a specific zone, maybe doing some farming etc etc... all tasks that I found enjoyable w/flight. W/out it however it is tedious at best a chore at worst aka not fun so why would I want to do that to try and pass the time in que?

Sorry if you don't see those things as valid objectives or things to do in game.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    People are simply entitled. They don't care about anything but their own convenience.
    Move on, people. We should pay our attention to the comet landing, not the fucking shirt, if you can see the point behind this analogy.
    I find it funny that the entitled people are the ones that want people to be able to choose not the people who want everyone else to play the game their way.

Personally I think Grand Treasure Hunter should unlock flying in Draenor.
    Last edited by Ratboy; 2014-11-26 at 05:04 AM.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

So you are of the opinion that it's impossible that ground travel might be enough to detour players from explorer due to the tedious gameplay involved?

With flight I would be doing archeology, pet battles, farming mobs, in a specific zone, maybe doing some farming etc etc... all tasks that I found enjoyable w/flight. W/out it however it is tedious at best a chore at worst aka not fun so why would I want to do that to try and pass the time in que?

Sorry if you don't see those things as valid objectives or things to do in game.
    Sorry the barrier between 'fun' and 'a chore' is a matter of convenience. When it comes down to it, it's just yourself keeping yourself from having any fun because you'd rather pout.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    I find it funny that the entitled people are the ones that want people to be able to choose not the people who want everyone else to play the game their way.
    Glad I am not the only one that sees it.

Anti flight people remind me of children who want to play kick ball, but all the other kids are playing dodge ball. So they want dodge ball taken off the playground .. so then maybe people will play kick ball with em.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry the barrier between 'fun' and 'a chore' is a matter of convenience. When it comes down to it, it's just yourself keeping yourself from having any fun because you'd rather pout.
    No it is the annoyance of travel, and the annoyance of mobs that pose no threat challenge or reward that make those things not fun. You don't have to agree with me but if you can't grasp that simple concept .. I don't know what to tell you.

Going to a good movie is fun, the drive there, waiting in line, etc etc isn't .. hence why I don't go to the movies anymore unless it is a significant release (Guardians of the Galaxy most recently). You see then the reward is worth the annoyances to get to it.

Put it in WoW terms, a pet battle, a few ore, a few archeology fragments .. just isn't worth the annoyance.

So I will just keep leveling toons till it gets boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    So you are of the opinion that it's impossible that ground travel might be enough to detour players from explorer due to the tedious gameplay involved?
    Its definitely not impossible as you and a few other people have shown. On the other hand, I find it sad that people with this kind of mindset even play this game.

Having to dodge mobs is as annoying as it ever will be.
    There's no reason to kill them except for the fact that they will hit me once and I can't do any objectives/quests/whatever.
    Most zones also have horrendous paths and terrain design ; while I do agree that the terrain and maps do look better overall.

Overall it does not add anything positive or create challenging scenarios in my opinion.
    Feels more like they did it to slow people down in progressing the game, which obviously did not work.

No it is the annoyance of travel, and the annoyance of mobs that pose no threat challenge or reward that make those things not fun. You don't have to agree with me but if you can't grasp that simple concept .. I don't know what to tell you.
    It's just a shame that some people view the game so superficially. I'm just thankful there's plenty of people who are enjoying no flying and the awesome thing's it brings to the game. There's a bunch of those people.