Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Because Garrisons aren't the problem, the gating and things they've done with resources are. And there are threads about that.
    Garrison buildings are causing those problems. Only threads I see are the ones asking what can be done to not ruin economy entirely not about how much convinience they offer.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wanna people in the world? Let them fly. I aint leaving me garrison on no stinky landloper animal
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Still, I would really love to see the people who are against flying in game. I would love to see how much time they spend in the game, and what they spend that time on. As it stands, having to run on your ground mount to archeology sites is not making the game better, having to run to pet battles does not make it better, and pools for fishing can be entirely circumvented with bait. The quests are very similar to what we are used to, so losing flying did not do anything positive there either.

I don't interact with people on the ground more than before (Because it has everything to do with purpose, and nothing to do with the way you travel), and so, the only things left are the entirely personal ones. "It feels more immersive" - "It is so pretty on the ground" - "The world feels larger" - "I have to be careful around elites", etc. No surprise to me, but how exactly are the people against flying managing to believe that it made the game better? All you have to do is log in to see that it simply just takes longer to get anywhere. Making it take longer to do stuff is not the same thing as making it more entertaining.

The more I read this thread the more I see the gains of no flying. Certain people will just stay hold up in there garrisons or whatever. I don't see the loss of these specific people as much of a loss. Others are out playing a rich world from the ground, and they seem to be enjoying it and honestly.. I like being around people enjoying themselves. The status quo is working perfectly as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    The more I read this thread the more I see the gains of no flying. Certain people will just stay hold up in there garrisons or whatever. I don't see the loss of these specific people as much of a loss. Others are out playing a rich world from the ground, and they seem to be enjoying it and honestly.. I like being around people enjoying themselves. The status quo is working perfectly as far as I can tell.
    So long as you are having fun...right? Who gives a shit about those that liked flying. Fuck em!...RIGHT?

10+ Year Old Account
    Certain people arenot just holding up I will unsub if by the time my sub runs out there will still be no flying. Because there is nothing for me to do in the game.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    So you are running around doing pet battles, and archeology, for example? Or what exactly are you doing out in the open world? That one daily quest? Treasures, that only last that one time you find them? And how exactly would the things you are doing be worse if you could fly around and do them?

Edit: I'm just looking for some specifics. The anti-flying crowd seem very reluctant to go any further than "There are so many people on the ground having so much fun", which is very vague in my opinion. Clarify please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Certain people arenot just holding up I will unsub if by the time my sub runs out there will still be no flying. Because there is nothing for me to do in the game.
    And with flying, what is suddenly there to do?

Deleted
    What exactly are you doing, and who with?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    So long as you are having fun...right? Who gives a shit about those that liked flying. Fuck em!...RIGHT?
    Correct.

/10chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    And with flying, what is suddenly there to do?
    Well I would take the time to battle the trainers on draenor, and I would probably get some archeology done. The rest of the end-game stuff is severely lacking by itself, and those two things being much more tedious than usual does not exactly help. So yeah, raids can't come fast enough.

Edit: The point is that the removal flying certainly didn't magically improve the game as you lot said it would, but no surprise there.

Also, I would probably be more inclined to fly around and do rep grinds. Generally I wouldn't mind travelling around the world with flying. Without flying, it just seems like a whole lot of time spent wandering about, with some pretty crappy content waiting at the end. Flying allows me to better tolerate that journey, since it doesn't have to take nearly as long and not be nearly as annoying.
    Last edited by mmoc738030ea5a; 2014-11-27 at 03:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if they'd add flying to Draenor with patch 6.1 or 6.2... or heck, even with 7.0, I think it shouldn't come in it's current form - they should heavily modify flight, and there has been plenty of good suggestions in this thread... but I just can't see Blizzard changing how flight works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Also, I would probably be more inclined to fly around and do rep grinds. Generally I wouldn't mind travelling around the world with flying. Without flying, it just seems like a whole lot of time spent wandering about, with some pretty crappy content waiting at the end. Flying allows me to better tolerate that journey, since it doesn't have to take nearly as long and not be nearly as annoying.
    Well, the reputation grinds themselves are quite simply, just take flight path and you're almost at the area already... and then just kill, kill, kill, kill... and kill... until you're Exalted. *yawn*

10+ Year Old Account
    What was wrong with leveling with ground mounts and then be able to buy the privilege to fly in current content? Seemed to work just fine for the past few expansions (Cataclysm excluded).
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Even if they'd add flying to Draenor with patch 6.1 or 6.2... or heck, even with 7.0, I think it shouldn't come in it's current form - they should heavily modify flight, and there has been plenty of good suggestions in this thread... but I just can't see Blizzard changing how flight works.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the reputation grinds themselves are quite simply, just take flight path and you're almost at the area already... and then just kill, kill, kill, kill... and kill... until you're Exalted. *yawn*
    Well, yeah, not exactly super entertaining. Just saying that flying would at least make me do that a bit. Honestly though, I'm just looking for all the cool stuff that was supposed to be in the game thanks to the removal of flying, and I'm not seeing any. At all. So hopefully they will add that, or allow us to fly again. The lack of both is basically making me just log in to assign missions, do daily cooldowns, and the daily quest. And flying would at least make me fly around the world and look for stuff. No way I'm going to be flying to various flight paths, and then run around on the ground to see if there is anything out there worth the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    I wonder if the people who wants flight would prefer it even more if they could instantly teleport anywhere on the map by simply right-clicking the world map. I mean, moving around is a timesink right?
    No, I actually prefer freeform flight or even flight paths over teleporter nodes.
    Loading screens are disruptive.

If you can do them w/o loading screens I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    I think this is one of the biggest issues here.

A huge amount of the discussion boils down to "I'm on a PvE server, I want convenience" vs "I'm on a PvP server, I want better world pvp gameplay".

Not that every PvEer or PvPer would agree the above.
    Totally agree, I'd love to have a balanced PvP island, something like ashran, and then flying in the questing zones.
    Maybe we can all just compromise a little bit?

10+ Year Old Account
    insta teleports should replace flight paths - does not affect flying at all. So you can get to a hub instantly and then freely fly in the zone, or go in the instance

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Here's a fact. If they simply add flying right now, there's still the same amount of content in the world then before. All they've done is add a different way to get to it.

So it boils down to you kicking your feet and pouting till you get your way. Something a child does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    So it boils down to you kicking your feet and pouting till you get your way. Something a child does.
    Plenty of adults do it all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post

I am certainly not gonna just bend over and take it like a champ while paying for it. It is too adult for me.