I'm cheering on all the WoW general forumers, if they cry hard enough I can fly again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Then go read the answers the last time it was asked, dude.

Nobody dislikes flying, we just don't think the game needs it. Which it doesn't, obviously. WoD is the best expansion that the game has ever had, and no flying hasn't hurt it one bit.

It's not about disliking flying, it's about understanding that it's unnecessary, superfluous, disposable.

Like, look at it this way. If I order a breakfast sandwich with sausage, egg and cheese and the waitress looks at me and goes "What?! Why do you hate chocolate?"

Like, no. I don't hate chocolate. I just don't think a breakfast sandwich needs chocolate. Breakfast sandwiches are fine without chocolate.

Chocolate is fine.

It's great, actually. I love chocolate.

I just don't fucking need it on my breakfast sandwiches.

And I don't need flying in my Wow.

Get it, yet?

Blizzard does.
    WoD is good but it is too early to call it the best expansion ever..however I don't disagree with you about flying. And just because Blizzard makes a decision doesn't mean they are right 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Then go read the answers the last time it was asked, dude.

Nobody dislikes flying, we just don't think the game needs it. Which it doesn't, obviously. WoD is the best expansion that the game has ever had, and no flying hasn't hurt it one bit.

It's not about disliking flying, it's about understanding that it's unnecessary, superfluous, disposable.

Like, look at it this way. If I order a breakfast sandwich with sausage, egg and cheese and the waitress looks at me and goes "What?! Why do you hate chocolate?"

Like, no. I don't hate chocolate. I just don't think a breakfast sandwich needs chocolate. Breakfast sandwiches are fine without chocolate.

Chocolate is fine.

It's great, actually. I love chocolate.

I just don't fucking need it on my breakfast sandwiches.

And I don't need flying in my Wow.

Get it, yet?

Blizzard does.
    Then don't fly. It's an option that has always been available to you.

For a person that likes flying, this ludicrous situation you brought up would end up with a random dude walking over and taking your egg and throwing it away, claiming that they don't like it and in the end you don't need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started to wonder if the rumors are true, that because they rushed WoD, they didn't design it with flying in mind, aka like old vanilla areas, using 2d models instead of 3d in some areas etc
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I started to wonder if the rumors are true, that because they rushed WoD, they didn't design it with flying in mind, aka like old vanilla areas, using 2d models instead of 3d in some areas etc
    nah, if that were true they wouldn't allow all these items that do allow a bit of flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    People aren't not enjoying not flying, they are enjoying denying others flying, it isn't related to them, they feel better for taking something from you
    They always had option of no flying, but they don't want that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triona View Post
    nah, if that were true they wouldn't allow all these items that do allow a bit of flying.
    Flying items that do allow bit of flying exist since vanilla wow, specifically helmets that malfunction from engineering
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Flying items that do allow bit of flying exist since vanilla wow, specifically helmets that malfunction from engineering
    yeah but you just skyrocket straight up. the items actually allow you to glide and see all that was done in the terrain. it's very obvious it was built incase they do allow flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    True enough and answers your point. The garrison item that allows one to fly a bit every so often pretty much settles the question that the Draenor zones were fully modeled. It's also true that going back to some 2D modeling and keeping people firmly on the ground would allow them to cut costs and make more efficient use of their artists in future expansions (depending on how you view what they do). Or to be fair, both at once.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The places I've used Aviana's Feather look fleshed out, but I haven't tried using it around anywhere that might be unfinished. Interesting theory though, that they've disallowed flying due to unfinished areas.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

For a person that likes flying.
    Would you like it the same if it was 60 percent mount speed? I would bet most people don't actually care about the "act" of flying but rather the convenience of it all, which is exactly what the problem is; it is far too OP in its current incarnation.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I have been a gamer longer than most were a twinkle in their momma's eye lol. Yes I I have cred thanks.
    I just wanted to quote this to laugh at you, so here it is: HAHAHA.

My god the whining is unbearable in this thread. I'm glad flying is staying away, hopefully forever, it's the one thing that is better in other MMO's. Well one of the two things actually, racials don't meddle with end-game balance.

15+ Year Old Account
    CONFIRMED, no flying in 6.1. Hallelujah.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Would you like it the same if it was 60 percent mount speed? I would bet most people don't actually care about the "act" of flying but rather the convenience of it all, which is exactly what the problem is; it is far too OP in its current incarnation.
    How is it OP?

Flying crits inconvenience for 100M?

nope even using eye of the beast there isn't a single 2d object in draenor, if you use that near silvermoon for example you can see that the city is just fake, draenor is flyable without any problem. Blizzard isn't implementing fly to slow down content consumption and to eventually have it implemented has a selling point for future patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

How is it OP?

Flying crits inconvenience for 100M?
    There's no real drawbacks what so ever and 180 percent to 210 percent faster than any ground mount. How is that not OP?
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    CONFIRMED, no flying in 6.1. Hallelujah.
    Not shocked. I said going in when they made the announcement that the whole expac wouldn't have it because its their pet " cause " for this xpac. NM the fact I've already heard the rumblings in my guild that people are getting pretty tired of being on the ground ( and garrisons feeling like work instead of fun) and these are generally people who didn't care or thought it was a good idea.

TBH the biggest complaint so far is basically people are feeling Blizzard built lots of obstructions just for the sake of doing it, not because it needed it. Secondary to that they are tired of getting hung up on things that are barely visible lol.

Artificial gating pure and simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    Artificial gating pure and simple.
    I don't even think it's that. A lot of gating has been negated simply by your Garrison. I've barely used my herbalism skill and I'm already overflowing with herbs, not to mention the 1000+ true iron and blackrock.

If the questing is the same as previously for the most part and endgame content is centered around your garrison and hubs for your apexis, what is there left to artificially gate?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I've never been this disappointed with WoW or Blizzard. Being forced to run around on a slow ground mount pulling mobs to the left and right, getting stuck on the smallest rocks, being forced to take a 10 min detour be couse of a ridge placed just to make traveling take longer.
    We had flying for 8 years, this just feels like a huge step back and it's driving people away from the game.
    I have not spent more than maybe an hour outside my garrison since getting to lvl 100 and I doubt I will ever go outside again if flying doesn't return.
    Canceled my sub until Blizzard wakes up...
    Oh wow. I am just rolling on the floor, laughing maniacaly. From your post it seems that moving anywhere around the game is a nightmarish experience, some kind of torture... which is nowhere near true. I am uncertain how it was possible that people like you played vanilla, TBC (70), WotLK (up to 77) or MoP (up to 90) without flying. And unsubbing because of this? It is even more ridiculous than the rest of your post. Now I seriously think that I should unsub because there are no reputation dailies which I liked, lel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    If the questing is the same as previously for the most part and endgame content is centered around your garrison and hubs for your apexis, what is there left to artificially gate?
    Their delusions.
    Last edited by randomnamegenerator16; 2014-12-05 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I don't even think it's that. A lot of gating has been negated simply by your Garrison. I've barely used my herbalism skill and I'm already overflowing with herbs, not to mention the 1000+ true iron and blackrock.

You're probably right i think its a number of things really maybe to hide the fact how small Draenor actually is, in general it is to slow you down from getting to A to B.

I just don't see this being a gameplay decision at all there is another motive here.

The "maybe" flying in 6.1 was all just a fluff of damage control i dont think they ever planned to allow flying in this expac.
    Last edited by oraz4000; 2014-12-05 at 08:09 AM.