Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    And again, they said they'd gauge player response for when they would implement flight, so clearly it was more positive than negative for them to not put it in in 6.1.
    So long as we all agree that it is 100% subjective and that the only change that has occurred due to the removal of flight is increased time requirements, they can do whatever they want.

Edit: I'm posting this while doing my Draenor pet dailies. Because there's no flying mounts, I use flight paths to reach them. Instead of traveling through the zones under my own power, I'm taking automated flight paths... and since they're automated, there's no point in paying attention until I land. So immersive.
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2014-12-06 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    So long as we all agree that it is 100% subjective and that the only change that has occurred due to the removal of flight is increased time requirements, they can do whatever they want.
    We're supposed to agree that something is objective.. But also agree that the only thing the removal of flight did was increase time requirements? No that's just your anger induced delusion.

Edit: I'm posting this while doing my Draenor pet dailies. Because there's no flying mounts, I use flight paths to reach them. Instead of traveling through the zones under my own power, I'm taking automated flight paths... and since they're automated, there's no point in paying attention until I land. So immersive.
    The point is you HAVE TO land. Cry about not being immersed all you want. It's just a bad straw man argument.. If flying was enabled, you would auto fly directly to the pet trainer, finish, and go right back into the sky to your next destination, never once touching a piece of ground that doesn't need to be touched. SO IMMERSIVE.
    Last edited by Ordinator; 2014-12-06 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    We're supposed to agree that something is objective.. But also agree that the only thing the removal of flight did was increase time requirements? No that's just your anger induced delusion.

The point is you HAVE TO land. Cry about not being immersed all you want. It's just a bad straw man argument.. If flying was enabled, you would auto fly directly to the pet trainer, finish, and go right back into the sky to your next destination, never once touching a piece of ground that doesn't need to be touched. SO IMMERSIVE.
    But if it's only about how "immersive" ground mounts are, why not let players pick whatever mount they like. If you find it so awesome to ride on a horse, do so. Let others fly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Some places were improved with Cata, but a lot was ruined for no real benefit. I wish they could have just patched up the world and allowed flying without ruining the whole place. I still remember climbing the mountains near Badlands to end up under stormwind. It was fun, but I still appreciate exploring while flying. Did you ever see the last of the Chimaerok in Feralas? That came after Cataclysm and I doubt 10% of the playerbase even knows of it. I wouldn't have found it if it wasn't for flying. I often got bored of progressing my character and just randomly flew around the map sometimes.

Pince Lakma http://www.wowhead.com/npc=54533
    I knew about that because my guild had me doing the scepter quest and farming the chimaerok chops.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    But if it's only about how "immersive" ground mounts are, why not let players pick whatever mount they like. If you find it so awesome to ride on a horse, do so. Let others fly.
    And why not put all the loot in a box at the dungeon entrance and let players choose whether to kill the stuff in it...

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    And why not put all the loot in a box at the dungeon entrance and let players choose whether to kill the stuff in it...
    retarded analogy. noone asks for archeology fragments in a box spawning just as you finish taxi ride...

It would be more like giving dungeons less trash. Oh wait.. thats been happening since tbc! I guess convenience is allowed everywhere BUT at outworld travel...

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    This has probably been answered at least a thousand times now. I'm not going to bother.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    retarded analogy. noone asks for archeology fragments in a box spawning just as you finish taxi ride...

It would be more like giving dungeons less trash. Oh wait.. thats been happening since tbc! I guess convenience is allowed everywhere BUT at outworld travel...
    It's not a retarded analogy. People pick the path of least resistance whether it's good for the game or not. It comes down to the developers, not the player, to decide what is a balanced approach to playing the game.
    Last edited by Ordinator; 2014-12-06 at 06:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I knew about that because my guild had me doing the scepter quest and farming the chimaerok chops.
    You have no idea what I linked.

15+ Year Old Account

It did more than just that. The world is designed to be experienced from the ground now instead of designed with flight in mind. In previous expansions end game content was designed with the understanding that players were able to fly, thus things like plateaus and other elevated platforms, as well as other areas that would be otherwise inaccessible by foot. The entire way the world is put together is also different when they know it will only be viewed from the ground.

Most people who are against flight actually prefer this way of design. It's not for being against choice, it's that that choice existing in the game alters the entire way that the game is designed.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post

Actually it's the perfect analogy to the post I replied to. How would putting loot in a box at the entrance break the game as long as the content was still there for people to optionally do?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    You have no idea what I linked.
    Yes, I do. With the Cataclysm the old island to get chimaerok tenderloins sunk to the bottom of the sea, so they put that NPC in as a way to get the tenderloins. When I saw the island was gone I searched for how to get the tenderloins and saw that it dropped from that mob on wowhead. Probably one of the few people on my server who can cook them.

This has probably been answered at least a thousand times now. I'm not going to bother.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a retarded analogy. People pick the path of least resistance whether it's good for the game or not. It comes down to the developers, not the player, to decide what is a balanced approach to playing the game.
    And the answer is that you can't compete with the flyers when it comes to grinding herbs and the like. That however is no longer an issue as you get all the herbs and minerals you need from your garrison. The cooldowns on professions make any extra minerals and hebs useless.

You want flying gone be couse you want to "win", yet you won nothing and gained nothing while the players that liked flying got a big part of the game ruined for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Is your memory so short that you have already forgotten about the whole personal loot/need-before-greed thing from two weeks ago? What was that if not listening to feedback?
    It was, but the loot system is not really a gameplay component. It's just a secondary system mechanic.

Blizzard will always be happy to show how much they listen to their customers.. as long it doesnt touch their core design philosophy.

Tell me about one gameplay feature they changed after overwhelming negative feedback.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-12-06 at 06:53 AM.

yes it IS retarded analogy, people are asking for shortening travel between their targets, not giving them free whatever they were planning to get there...
    and if people always chose efficiency over fun, we wouldnt have people playing absolutely horrendous specs in either pve or pvp... some people ARE having fun playing underdog specs or classes, same can very well go for no-flight supporters...

Deleted
    I do. And to say that there are any more pro flying threads then anti flying ones would be a lie.
    The forums are a bad place to meter minorities or majorities. If it was about the forums, blizzard would have to remove LFR and turn back progression to a linear mode. Well, and add classic realms. And turn the time back to tbc. And they would add Karabor and Bladespire as faction capitals.

You are not comprehending what I'm saying in the slightest. They do not want to incorporate flying.
    Thats exactly what i wrote. They dont want to. There is no logical reason beside production effort to remove it. It's a preference of the blizzard devs.

But you and I both know that there are plenty of people enjoying no flying, making posts thanking Blizzard for removing it, and so on. Why would you expect them to re add it when it seems to be a win for Blizzard and for most players?
    Well, you know, there are 2% of the players that play hardmode raids.
    And there are a lot of players that like flying. If i take the polls from this forum as example, its about 30-50%.

Hardmode raids stay in the game. Flying doesnt.

It's not about minorities or majorities. Only, when it helps blizzard as an argument.

Game design isnt logical. Its based on the preferences of those who create the game. Currently, blizzards preference is to get rid of flying. For reasons that are obviously not those they use in their PR.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-12-06 at 06:42 AM.

Hey guys.

It's over.

You can stop talking about it now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I do. With the Cataclysm the old island to get chimaerok tenderloins sunk to the bottom of the sea, so they put that NPC in as a way to get the tenderloins. When I saw the island was gone I searched for how to get the tenderloins and saw that it dropped from that mob on wowhead. Probably one of the few people on my server who can cook them.
    You said for the scepter quest, but that was removed with cataclysm. So your statement made zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Hey guys.

It's over.

You can stop talking about it now.
    It's not over. My sub is over til they fix it, but it's not over. Trust me.

I love how people hate and rage that they can't fly. I'm happy about it, the world feels bigger, more dangerous, you actually go inside and go through the designed areas\strongholds\wtv, instead of flying from point A to point B, grab something, fly back.

Blizzard takes years to make new content, awesome locations, and people just spit on it and ignore it. What? An amazing ogre stronghold, with guards, patrols, other players? NAW, FLY THROUGH, grab shit, LEAVE, LULZ SO MUCH FUN. "CONTENT IS BORING BLIZZ, SIGH".

So yea, i'm very happy about it.

Hope Draenor stays without flying forever(or the longest possible time).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    According to that poll on the front page of MMO-C you might be waiting a little while.
    I wonder how many people dont care currently.

And if they will care in some months.