Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    How is flying a hack when it was the main form of transportation for basically the entire game?
    You can move completely freely on every axis at high speeds. Its not flight. Its just go wherever you want to go with the use of space bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlurps View Post
    Oh, so you actually wanted to say that being pro flight makes you self-entitled and narcissistic, while being against it means you're the relentless winner, who will overcome any obstacle in game just like in real life, ie making actual assumptions about peoples character because of their stand on the matter? That's even more pathetic.

Get off your high horse, it's a game, nothing more.
    One more comment on this post. I just do not understand the anger and rage and the vile comments from the anti flying side of the argument. It is like many of these posters are really angry people like flying.

I totally support people running. In fact as it has been widely accepted in this thread, players have been free to run all along. I bear no anger towards runners. I am happy blizzard has always strongly supported that play style. I am only asking that they also support the play style I have used for basically the entire game.
    Just wanted to say - I'm not anti flying. I don't care if the game has either.

But there's needless whining about travelling right now.
    Last edited by mmoc5f895d60a9; 2014-12-16 at 02:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    You can move completely freely on every axis at high speeds. Its not flight. Its just go wherever you want to go with the use of space bar.

Yes, yes and yes.
    You get used to it so you don't question it, but flying was never well thought out imo.
    I'm perfectly happy with travel in WoD as is, but if flying was brought back in I'd use it again. Whatever is available works for me
    Both sides of the argument fling dirt tbh and both sides also have some valid arguments. It boils down to personal preference and the fact that you can't accommodate every play-style since they sometimes conflict. That's why there are pvp and pve servers, maybe we should split along flying/no-flying as well? I doubt that would make anyone happy. What's next walking vs. running, flying vs. teleporting?

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post

People want what they have always had. They want what they have always paid for.

McDonalds could stop selling fries with meals tomorrow. Is that good for people? Yes.

Will people be happy about it? No.

Will they be pissed if McDonalds raises the price of the meal without fries saying it is warranted because it is better for the customers? Yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Arguing for EFFICIENCY with BoE epic drops (which, for me, happened ONCE in 8 YEARS of playing this game on a daily basis) is a little far out, don't you think?
    I didn't only argue with that point, just one of many. You aren't efficient if you just fly there, you just taking a fast route. Had multiple of experiences of picking up things from trash I kill getting to the next destination.

I didn't use this arguement as a devalue of your flight either, just used it as I see my own opinion. Flight is efficient as well, if you are talking about traveling but for farming, searching for things - it isn't that much in my book.

I don't care of the overall section of the discussion for we all know it is all subject of opinions.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

How about this:

When you hit 100, you enter The Flatlands (or we could call The Netherlands - no offense my dutch brothers). A huge ceiling-less world made entirely of grass. No lakes, mountains or mobs, only critters for petbattle. A resource node every 100 yards and a plethora of dig-sites.

Flying would ofcourse be available.

Players would be able to phase themselves in/out of singleplayer/multiplayer world. A little feature for the autistic segment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcoffin View Post
    How about this:

When you hit 100, you enter The Flatlands (or we could call The Netherlands - no offense my dutch brothers). A huge ceiling-less world made entirely of grass. No lakes, mountains or mobs, only critters for petbattle. A resource node every 100 yards and a plethora of dig-sites.

Flying would ofcourse be available.

Players would be able to phase themselves in/out of singleplayer/multiplayer world. A little feature for the autistic segment.
    There isn't a need for mocking.

And no, the idea of phasing people away from other people or content isn't right either. People who enjoy flight should be allowed to be in the same as people who enjoy no-flight, vice versa. You cannot solve such by giving a grey zone.

Would rather have loved to hear more about this quest unlock idea they had for flight.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

People want what they have always had. They want what they have always paid for.

McDonalds could stop selling fries with meals tomorrow. Is that good for people? Yes.

Will people be happy about it? No.

Will they be pissed if McDonalds raises the price of the meal without fries saying it is warranted because it is better for the customers? Yes
    And as Steve Jobs used to say, a lot of times people don't know what they want until you show it to them.

People might think they want to fly, but Blizzard took the initiative and is showing them why they don't need to. And it's clearly working for a lot of people who've since come to agree/accept/conclude its for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    And as Steve Jobs used to say, a lot of times people don't know what they want until you show it to them.

People might think they want to fly, but Blizzard took the initiative and is showing them why they don't need to. And it's clearly working for a lot of people who've since come to agree/accept/conclude its for the better.
    I've mostly quit playing. I *hate* not being able to fly. Flying in the old world is what got me excited for cataclysm. Flying at max level is what made me level in mop. since I've hit 100 in wod, I've pretty much quit playing. I've played maybe 2 hours in the last 3 weeks. I'm not going to renew my subscription.

MAin cities feel empty too compared to how they were. It is just too time consuming to travel.

i think they strived for more challenging content only to design more inconvenient content.
    Main cities feel empty because there's no particular reason to go back there, unless you need to get to another older content location. Flying wouldn't change this in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There isn't a need for mocking.

And no, the idea of phasing people away from other people or content isn't right either. People who enjoy flight should be allowed to be in the same as people who enjoy no-flight, vice versa. You cannot solve such by giving a grey zone.

Would rather have loved to hear more about this quest unlock idea they had for flight.
    Im neither a flying/no-flying combatant. I play the game as it is served. I believe most do. But the arguments in this thread is this.

- I don't care about the environment. Its tedious.
    - I don't care about lowbie mobs.
    - I don't care about treasures.
    - I don't care about jump-puzzles.
    - I don't care about PvP.
    - I don't like garrisons, they make me not wanna go out (which is a legitemate concern)
    - I don't wanna farm on ground mount. Its tedious.
    - I can't be arsed to do archeaology. Its tedious and mountains and blah blah.
    - I don't care about pet battles.

The only incentive here to use a flying mount. Is the convenience of getting from A to B, in the fastest way possible. Nothing more.
    I welcome a game with a slow pace.

EDIT: And stop dividing people into flying/no-flying groups. I enjoy both. You thought my idea was mocking, but in actuality, judging from most arguments here, is what people want.
    Last edited by Blackcoffin; 2014-12-16 at 03:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Come on... thats just false. If he did that, he would be subject to all PVP people who just wtfpwn him every turn they could. Because he wrote a big sign on his forehead HEY GUYS I AM NOT FLYING COME AND GET ME!!! It would be a severe disadvantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    PVP doesn't happen this way...
    It happened exactly this way in early BC, when first guys got to level 70 and got their flying mounts, while most of the server did not yet have them. It was ganking galore, with the victims having no way to prepare or to escape from guys swooping in with flying mounts, while they were confined to ground mounts.
    Saying that one could just use the ground mounts even if flying was allowed, is ignorant on many levels.

I prefer flying over non flight...even after of being reminded of what non flying is like. I'm not impressed by the open world content thus far....it's just more of the same to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    Yes, yes and yes.
    You get used to it so you don't question it, but flying was never well thought out imo.
    I'm perfectly happy with travel in WoD as is, but if flying was brought back in I'd use it again. Whatever is available works for me
    Both sides of the argument fling dirt tbh and both sides also have some valid arguments. It boils down to personal preference and the fact that you can't accommodate every play-style since they sometimes conflict. That's why there are pvp and pve servers, maybe we should split along flying/no-flying as well? I doubt that would make anyone happy. What's next walking vs. running, flying vs. teleporting?
    Seperate servers won't work as flying is a little more efficient and that would be detrimental to raiders who would like to strive for a certain world rank. I wouldn't care about that but I can see that having a small but noticable impact.

Flying vs teleporting vs walking vs running

its kinda laughable

Call me a hypocrit but if they removed running mounts, I would quit instantly even if they made teleporting all around the world easy.

I love riding on my groundmount. But the binding factor between running and riding is that they are no the ground. One is fast the other one is slow. Flying is above the ground away from danger away from a great scenery.

Sure I am kind of dissapointed that WoD mobs provide no danger at all. So that reason goes down the drain, but it WAS a reason back in the day atleast to me.
    Great scenery can be had from the air aswell be it different. I dunno, I prefer the ground scenery if I had a good choice.

Having a choice... again if you want to be competitive you will use the best means available to you. If they added flight back I will say this: EVERYONE even the anti flight ones, WILL AGAIN USE THEM FLYING MOUNTS. That is not the debate.

Blizzard decided there are not flying mounts in WoD and a lot of people feel the game is better for it. I do too. And not just for the above mentioned reasons. But flying is def. not as bad as LFR is imo or crossrealm tech or instant teleportation towards dungeons. The easyness of dungeons. The short duration of dungeons. And other things that are detrimental to the state of the game and the social aspect.

Flying is def. not HIGH up there. But since we do have a lot of detrimental aspects in the game and since Blizzard did something to improve the game, yes I agree with flying being removed sofar. I hope it returns at the end of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    It happened exactly this way in early BC, when first guys got to level 70 and got their flying mounts, while most of the server did not yet have them. It was ganking galore, with the victims having no way to prepare or to escape from guys swooping in with flying mounts, while they were confined to ground mounts.
    Saying that one could just use the ground mounts even if flying was allowed, is ignorant on many levels.
    Wpvp should never be taken into account when we talk about flying. Its a tiny tiny tiny tiny % of what happens in the game. Around 50% of players are on PVE servers (or there abouts). So really WPvP can be safely ignored.

I used ground mounts for a while in MoP at the end as an experiment and I got along just fine. The only time it was gimping, would be when I was hunting Zandalari Warbringers.

And that might would work if people had never seen the world with no flying but we have. Many have seen vanilla. Everyone who plays the game knows what running on the ground is and just how much of a time waster it is. Even if they do enjoy staying on the ground, they know it wastes time and they know it forces them to interact with things that no longer matter at max level.

Steve would have know it better than remove flying after so long. He would have expanded on it, enhanced it, showcased it and made the world wish they could keep up while also making ground travel acceptable.

He wouldn't have went backwards to 2004 design. Removing a feature many gamers love and still tried to sell it in a cash shop.
    I think you're very confused on this.

Most of the PVP servers have little or no PVP due to lopsided factions. Emerald Dream is one of the more balanced PVP servers, and yet most people (PVP players) spend their time in Ashran for a variety of reasons.

1 month from the launch and world PVP on WoD continent is dead and that is on Emerald Dream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Wpvp should never be taken into account when we talk about flying. Its a tiny tiny tiny tiny % of what happens in the game. Around 50% of players are on PVE servers (or there abouts). So really WPvP can be safely ignored.

I used ground mounts for a while in MoP at the end as an experiment and I got along just fine. The only time it was gimping, would be when I was hunting Zandalari Warbringers.
    The game is designed for PvP servers, while PvE is lite version that has all kind of problems, like the world not feeling dangerous or dynamic at all. And like I said few pages ago, financially speaking, 1 PvP player equals to 2-3 PvE only players when you look at the production cost and replayability of the content they need. So theoretically from a business perspective, Blizzard would be better off if players from PvE servers would quit instead of players from PvP servers. So now that we have established that PvP servers actually work with the dynamic and dangerous world vision, and they are financially more lucrative, we can can safely say that not only can you not ignore WPvP, but it is, and will be, one of the key factors when designing WoW going forward.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcoffin View Post
    Im neither a flying/no-flying combatant. I play the game as it is served. I believe most do. But the arguments in this thread is this.

- I don't care about the environment. Its tedious.
    - I don't care about lowbie mobs.
    - I don't care about treasures.
    - I don't care about jump-puzzles.
    - I don't care about PvP.
    - I don't like garrisons, they make me not wanna go out (which is a legitemate concern)
    - I don't wanna farm on ground mount. Its tedious.
    - I can't be arsed to do archeaology. Its tedious and mountains and blah blah.
    - I don't care about pet battles.

The only incentive here to use a flying mount. Is the convenience of getting from A to B, in the fastest way possible. Nothing more.
    I welcome a game with a slow pace.

EDIT: And stop dividing people into flying/no-flying groups. I enjoy both. You thought my idea was mocking, but in actuality, judging from most arguments here, is what people want.
    I care about the environment, I just want to see it from above and not have to see every cliff as a blockade to me getting somewhere and searching for ramps all the time.

No one cares about mobs lower level than themselves.

Treasures aren't useful for max level, mostly have a piddling amount of resources and are one time only.

I hate jumping puzzles, so you got me there.

I am a pve carebear, so you got me again.

Haven't tried garrisons, but they take you away from the world which everyone admits to.

Gathering resources is pointless with the garrison. It provides with little to no effort while doing so on the ground is time consuming and ultimately unnecessary.

Doing archeology is slow enough as it is, slowing it down even more with excessive traveling only makes it worse.

I'm not a fan of pet battles, but it has the same problem as archeology. Too much traveling and wading through annoying mobs makes it more hassle than it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    The game is designed for PvP servers, while PvE is lite version that has all kind of problems, like the world not feeling dangerous or dynamic at all. And like I said few pages ago, financially speaking, 1 PvP player equals to 2-3 PvE only players when you look at the production cost and replayability of the content they need. So theoretically from a business perspective, Blizzard would be better off if players from PvE servers would quit instead of players from PvP servers. So now that we have established that PvP servers actually work with the dynamic and dangerous world vision, and they are financially more lucrative, we can can safely say that not only can you not ignore WPvP, but it is, and will be, one of the key factors when designing WoW going forward.
    You've not established anything other than a load of rubbish!

There is nothing dynamic or dangerous with the world. I have had 2 people try to gank me while leveling on a PVP server. 2 and my realms pretty damn busy.

A PvP player might be cheaper to produce content for than a PvE player but PVE players out number strictly PVP players by a huge margin. Blizzard wants as much money coming in as it can so it makes no sense in what you are saying. WPvP is entirely worthless as it stands. Any serious PVPer is in a battle ground/ arena. Not wasting time doing WPVP. PVE content is what blizzard wants to make primarily. Its what this is game is focused on and is all about. wpvp and pvp in general is something that was tacked on. Be glad it is there and people enjoy it.

But dont think for one moment that your laughable idea that wpvp is what the world should be designed around. XD its a bad joke.

Wows world will never be designed around wpvp when making new zones (aside a wpvp zone like ashran which is more like an instance BG now).

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I see a lot of people posting here who have unsubbed for months because of no flying, so I'd say the poll is MORE accurate of the playerbase AND the potential playerbase. If only players could vote then it would be even more heavily weighted towards those who enjoy no flight.
    It's really not:

I have access to 2 PC's, 2 Kindles, and 2 cell phones. If I wanted, I could go in and vote 6 times on that poll due to having 6 different IP addresses. If this were on the official site and required you to actually log in to the forums, then the results MIGHT be a little more accurate- but at the same time, Bliz would have to have more than the forums regulars vote on them.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/