1. #3001
    It's our fault for not being more vocal about Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle. We let them push that content through with no flying and not enough manifestation and now they think they're god and they're gonna do the same with WoD.

    Damn you all and your passiveness, it felt as if I was the only one going WTF? when I heard about Isle of Thunder and had to play all pre-BC mode again, fighting endless mobs I didn't care about just to get to a location.

  2. #3002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardApologist View Post
    It's our fault for not being more vocal about Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle. We let them push that content through with no flying and not enough manifestation and now they think they're god and they're gonna do the same with WoD.

    Damn you all and your passiveness, it felt as if I was the only one going WTF? when I heard about Isle of Thunder and had to play all pre-BC mode again, fighting endless mobs I didn't care about just to get to a location.
    The only good thing about Isle of Thunder was the aggro drop bubbles. I guess the Saurok costume was kind of fun too.

  3. #3003
    Brewmaster Perkunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kazakhstan
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    So basically, #### everyone who feels the game improved from BC on. Yeah, talk about toxic.

    I mentioned the top guild thing to point out a person can like hard content and playing with others, without liking skill-less time sinks or having to spend two hours in trade to do a dungeon on a level 30 alt and then having the group fall apart because the healer can't figure out how to get to Scarlet Monastery as Alliance.
    I think raiding reached it's peak in BC and I loved the attunement system. I loved the unique aspects of classes and niche roles that were there. I didn't even mind flying because the vast majority of people weren't flying at 280 they were on fat kid mounts and slower than ground mounts. Hell, like I've said a million times by now just cap flying speed at 60% and people can fly from level 20 for all I care.

    So basically what I'm saying is that if you think the homogenization, massive levels of convenience, and world of queuecraft nonsense was good for the game and the community you're part of the problem and not the solution in my book.
    Don't blame the casuals for making Warcraft worse. It's the unskilled masses who refuse to improve themselves and Blizzard who has decided to bribe these folks with an endless shower of purples that should draw the ire of both casual and hardcore alike. It was never about "seeing the content" for these people it's always been about the gear and their sense of entitlement.

  4. #3004
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    The only good thing about Isle of Thunder was the aggro drop bubbles. I guess the Saurok costume was kind of fun too.
    Yeah that was badass, if I could travel on ground like that I might actually be ok with it.

  5. #3005
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I think raiding reached it's peak in BC and I loved the attunement system. I loved the unique aspects of classes and niche roles that were there. I didn't even mind flying because the vast majority of people weren't flying at 280 they were on fat kid mounts and slower than ground mounts. Hell, like I've said a million times by now just cap flying speed at 60% and people can fly from level 20 for all I care.

    So basically what I'm saying is that if you think the homogenization, massive levels of convenience, and world of queuecraft nonsense was good for the game and the community you're part of the problem and not the solution in my book.
    Raiding reached its' peak in Ulduar. That place was a masterpiece. This is coming from the biggest TBC "fanboy" that also hated wrath for making content too easy.
    Last edited by urasim; 2014-03-16 at 04:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    what? you can knock people off ground mounts with auto attack.

  6. #3006
    Bloodsail Admiral lockblock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    wisconsin .. I mean greymane
    Posts
    1,212
    I would consider permanent no flying if they brought back the guild summon spell from cata permenantly
    Current Computers: Gaming Rig, HTPC
    Future Builds: Pfsense Firewall

  7. #3007
    Stood in the Fire Weightlifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    459
    - Pump out insane amount of flying mounts that cost 20€ each
    - Remove flying

    Now that makes sense, doesn't it?

  8. #3008
    Scarab Lord prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    4,909
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    I would consider permanent no flying if they brought back the guild summon spell from cata permenantly
    This..would make me be ok with no flying.

  9. #3009
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I think it's fair to say that opinions are fairly split 50:50 on this. I see pro and contra everywhere, ingame and on the forums, it's not just the vocal forum minority that is pretty split on this.
    Definitely not.

  10. #3010
    The Insane smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    15,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Definitely not.
    Definitely double not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  11. #3011
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I think raiding reached it's peak in BC and I loved the attunement system. I loved the unique aspects of classes and niche roles that were there. I didn't even mind flying because the vast majority of people weren't flying at 280 they were on fat kid mounts and slower than ground mounts. Hell, like I've said a million times by now just cap flying speed at 60% and people can fly from level 20 for all I care.

    So basically what I'm saying is that if you think the homogenization, massive levels of convenience, and world of queuecraft nonsense was good for the game and the community you're part of the problem and not the solution in my book.
    Why is you you waste your time jumping all over anyone who posts that they want flying mounts? Are you not capable of understanding that people are allowed to have a different opinion on how they like their game? You don't like flying. We get it. Some of us do like flying. To those of us who do like flying mounts your flight hate is as irrational and illogical as you consider our enjoyment of flying mounts. We are allowed to disagree. You have some kind of mental disease where you think you are fighting a holy war that you can actually win, which you can't.

    I don't play the game to dry hump my mount around for an additional 2 hours a week picking up raid mats. I play to raid. All of my efforts are put towards raiding, not dry humping a ground mount for longer than I have to. To collect the mats my raid team needs I have to collect 5 different ingredients in 3-4 different portions of the mop map. It's a ten man group, and each person needs 3+ flasks, each flask takes 4 plants +1 rarer plant. That is 120 plants from 3+ different places on the map, which will not at all be enjoyable to collect for me. Now in Wod we are going to be bringing more than 10 people to raid because it will flex. It could easily be 240+ mats, all of which will have to be collected while dry humping the ground mount. I could do it in 15 minutes on a flying mount and get back to raiding.

    Instead I am not going to be supplying any mats for raid flasks, I'm not at all interested in artificial dry hump your panther mount time sinks so I will just play world of queue craft and my guildies can worry about getting their owns mats. No more freebies. I'm the raid leader so I can do what ever the hell I want without worry that the rest of them will kick me out. So yeah, the world of warcraft is so much better of a game when I don't feel like doing my guildies any freebies like I use to because I don't want to be bothered with useless 2+ hour timesinks. Ground mounts will not make the game 'better' or 'more fun' for me, it will actually make it more 'boring' and 'less fun for me'.

    So forgive me for disagreeing with you on flying mounts, unlike other people I am completely capable of controlling myself, if I thought ground mounts made the game more fun I wouldn't use a flying mount, nor would I throw pissy fits because it breaks my immersion to see other people using a flying mount. I am completely involved in my own experience without having to worry about how other people enjoy the game. I don't have the ego problems to make me think that my way of enjoying the game should be forced on others and I am completely capable of playing the game the way I think it should be played without forcing other people to play my way.

  12. #3012
    The Patient Cipero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    If Blizz wants to lose the majority of players, that is their choice. Most people playing this game today don't want vanilla WoW back. Actually about the only thing I still have fondness for from vanilla WoW is old Naxx which they RUINED sigh. Late BC and WotLK were the best days for me.
    I mean where would all these people...the "majority" as you put it...go? It's not like there's really any other game you can fly around in, at least an mmo. I'm just curious as to what you think is going to give you what you feel it is necessary to boycott wow over not having in the new zones?
    I love MMO-Champion. Bring's out the best of people. Cheers!

  13. #3013
    I'm going to the unthinkable and apologize. I got wrapped up in the drama, and a side. I don't normally do that. I hold my opinion that I think it's good for the game having no flying, but I do understand why people want to keep them.

  14. #3014
    The Patient Cipero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Why is you you waste your time jumping all over anyone who posts that they want flying mounts? Are you not capable of understanding that people are allowed to have a different opinion on how they like their game? You don't like flying. We get it. Some of us do like flying. To those of us who do like flying mounts your flight hate is as irrational and illogical as you consider our enjoyment of flying mounts. We are allowed to disagree. You have some kind of mental disease where you think you are fighting a holy war that you can actually win, which you can't.

    I don't play the game to dry hump my mount around for an additional 2 hours a week picking up raid mats. I play to raid. All of my efforts are put towards raiding, not dry humping a ground mount for longer than I have to. To collect the mats my raid team needs I have to collect 5 different ingredients in 3-4 different portions of the mop map. It's a ten man group, and each person needs 3+ flasks, each flask takes 4 plants +1 rarer plant. That is 120 plants from 3+ different places on the map, which will not at all be enjoyable to collect for me. Now in Wod we are going to be bringing more than 10 people to raid because it will flex. It could easily be 240+ mats, all of which will have to be collected while dry humping the ground mount. I could do it in 15 minutes on a flying mount and get back to raiding.

    Instead I am not going to be supplying any mats for raid flasks, I'm not at all interested in artificial dry hump your panther mount time sinks so I will just play world of queue craft and my guildies can worry about getting their owns mats. No more freebies. I'm the raid leader so I can do what ever the hell I want without worry that the rest of them will kick me out. So yeah, the world of warcraft is so much better of a game when I don't feel like doing my guildies any freebies like I use to because I don't want to be bothered with useless 2+ hour timesinks. Ground mounts will not make the game 'better' or 'more fun' for me, it will actually make it more 'boring' and 'less fun for me'.

    So forgive me for disagreeing with you on flying mounts, unlike other people I am completely capable of controlling myself, if I thought ground mounts made the game more fun I wouldn't use a flying mount, nor would I throw pissy fits because it breaks my immersion to see other people using a flying mount. I am completely involved in my own experience without having to worry about how other people enjoy the game. I don't have the ego problems to make me think that my way of enjoying the game should be forced on others and I am completely capable of playing the game the way I think it should be played without forcing other people to play my way.
    no offense, mate but a simple solution would be to dramatically increase node quantities. If they up the amount of nodes that getting farming done is relatively the same amount of time as being on a flying mount in previous expansions then there really isn't an issue. Hell, you don't even need to fly in Pandaria to get enough mats to supply a raid. That can be done in under an hour as it is right now. Think you are really blowing that whole part of it out of proportion just to support your argument.
    I love MMO-Champion. Bring's out the best of people. Cheers!

  15. #3015
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    I mean where would all these people...the "majority" as you put it...go? It's not like there's really any other game you can fly around in, at least an mmo. I'm just curious as to what you think is going to give you what you feel it is necessary to boycott wow over not having in the new zones?
    I personally am not playing any other game right now because I don't want the time investment of starting over in new game. I imagine other people who also have less time now may also choose to spend their free time on something other than an MMO.

  16. #3016
    Mechagnome jishdefish's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Stealthed
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Oh, the joy of artificial gating. Geniuses!
    I agree with this sarcasm.

    Removing flying is a cop out. It was never really flying proper anyway, it was always programmed like 'swimming in the air', which allowed people to afk in the sky in relative safety. Now, if they had a flying system more like the daily in Hyjal where we had to flap to stay airborne it would be much more like real flying, and turn the relative safety into something you have to keep giving input for (spacebar with a increasing cooldown based on distance from the ground). Disallowing it is the easy way out and goes out of the way to break the 4th wall in a different way chasing so-called 'immersion' (you can't tell me with a straight face that it'll look right when someone dies from falling damage on the back of their perfectly healthy winged dragon, as one of the many examples that will occur).

    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of wow.joystiq.com and woweh.com

  17. #3017
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Path View Post
    Hopefully those who enjoy using flying mounts can vote with their wallets and force Blizzard to reconsider their decision. Sure, there won't be a majority drop in subs, but the number would be significant enough to warrant reconsideration.

    Except the doomsayers will not quit and blizzard won't see a vote from wallets. If people quit it won't be due to flying. Just like people claimed all the players quit due to Cata heroics and Cata first tier raids..... neither of those were the reason for sub loss.

  18. #3018
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    I mean where would all these people...the "majority" as you put it...go? It's not like there's really any other game you can fly around in, at least an mmo. I'm just curious as to what you think is going to give you what you feel it is necessary to boycott wow over not having in the new zones?
    Go? Go outside, no one relies on having an MMO to exist in real life. Or go to an MMO which doesn't purposefully make itself go backwards in an expansion in an effort to make content patches feel longer.

    This isn't about which MMO has flying, this isn't even about flying, it's about reversing the status quo to a different age. We're not talking nerfing some spells or placing a constraint on leveling for the same hidden reason to make content take longer to complete, it's about taking out a system which has existed for over half the life of a game and saying "you can't use this anymore in future content of your level".

    There hasn't even been an antecedent before of such an obscene proportion so I can't even compare it, but the closest thing I can think of which would relate would be to remove the Auction House in favor of trade channel and player trades, it would bolster the community, increase travel to other places in the world and make everything less fast paced.

    Sounds great right? I can't understand why anyone would oppose it should Blizzard suggest it.

  19. #3019
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Except the doomsayers will not quit and blizzard won't see a vote from wallets. If people quit it won't be due to flying. Just like people claimed all the players quit due to Cata heroics and Cata first tier raids..... neither of those were the reason for sub loss.
    I guess we will find out when the next quarterly comes out, and we will continue to see when expansion in released.

    Since you know the reason why every single person quit, can I ask you what the reasons were?
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    what? you can knock people off ground mounts with auto attack.

  20. #3020
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I guess we will find out when the next quarterly comes out, and we will continue to see when expansion in released.

    Since you know the reason why every single person quit, can I ask you what the reasons were?

    Since you know why every person quit can you tell me the list of the thousands of subs who you're claiming by saying I'm wrong that quit due to Cata heroics?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •