Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    We got neither. No flying is a way to gate the minimal, low quality content.

I didn;t quit because there was no flying.. I quit because there was nothing else. Flying would have expanded on the content giving it a little more longevity.

But lets face it. WoD is crap.
    Nah. When you multiply zero content by flying or no flying, it's still zero content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    We got neither. No flying is a way to gate the minimal, low quality content.

I didn;t quit because there was no flying.. I quit because there was nothing else. Flying would have expanded on the content giving it a little more longevity.

But lets face it. WoD is crap.
    Zones are great and leveling feels good.
    Absence of content at max level is an issue by itself and something I would actually agree with to a level.
    I think there should have been some dailies with some reps or stuff.

This also amused me: http://teamcoco.com/video/team-coco-...ld-of-warcraft

"Conan explores the world of Draenor using a special remedial keyboard and a giant flightless bird that humps trees."
    (Skip to 12:40 to watch his experiences with the CE mount. :P)

For those who don't want to bother, two of my favorite quotes:

"Why do we have a dark raven and it just waddles around like a duck? Why can't it fly?"
    "Look, it's a majestic bird and all it has to do is scale 2 feet of rock and it's just trapped."
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    This also amused me: http://teamcoco.com/video/team-coco-...ld-of-warcraft

"Conan explores the world of Draenor using a special remedial keyboard and a giant flightless bird that humps trees."
    (Skip to 12:40 to watch his experiences with the CE mount. :P)

For those who don't want to bother, two of my favorite quotes:

"Why do we have a dark raven and it just waddles around like a duck? Why can't it fly?"
    "Look, it's a majestic bird and all it has to do is scale 2 feet of rock and it's just trapped."
    lol... hilarious

Gotta love Conan using logic on Game Designers.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Two of those zone aren't designed for flying. Doesn't that mean:
    content > how to travel content ?
    All the WotLK zones were designed with flying in mind. Especially, Dragonblight, Storm Peaks and ICC.

If that is the best argument you have then you don't have much of an argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Zones are great and leveling feels good.
    Absence of content at max level is an issue by itself and something I would actually agree with to a level.
    I think there should have been some dailies with some reps or stuff.
    WoD zones are poorly designed if they were trying to design it for ground mounts only.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    WoD zones are poorly designed if they were trying to design it for ground mounts only.
    What's poorly designed about them exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    What's poorly designed about them exactly?
    Geomorphology and how it is arranged.

Tbh, it feels like they are made exactly just to slow down players by overly convoluted terrain design and labyrinthine structure.

E.g., Alliance Garrison, if to look on map, is like in close vicinity with Gorgrond. But you need to go way all around Talador, then enter Gorgrond, go way around its border, enter Frostfire Ridge, and only then reenter Gorgrond from the west. And too bad if you will try to orient by maps, if you will go into wrong passage, going around might take quite a time and it makes feeling that maps are obscure on purpose.

Accepted design would make passage from SMV by border with Talador into Gorgrond. Perhaps there is one and I missed it, but cba to recheck it. Still, that is just one of MANY examples of how world is totally unfriendly for traversing it on foot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post

First of all, they probably still want people on the ground for Tanaan Jungle. Secondly, I believe they said they're working on ways to get players back out into the world, so they probably don't want to enable flight just yet until they've experimented with ideas while players are still grounded.
    What bothers me SO MUCH is that there is sooooo little content that I see ppl spending 80% of their time inside the garrison, not out in the world, myself included. This point of the "vibrant and populated savage world" became moot, in actual reality. If flying was enabled, I sure would explore much more, and ppl would too.

It's SO obvious they didn't enable it to gate things, and not because of gameplay, that it hurts. Can't understand how some ppl are blind about that.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    And too bad if you will try to orient by maps, if you will go into wrong passage, going around might take quite a time and it makes feeling that maps are obscure on purpose.
    Hell that reminds me of my attempt of going out into the open world on the ground mount. For a garrison quest. I looked at the map and took the FP closest to the quest area. I arrived mounted up and rode to the quest area. I immediately realized that there's no clear path, I went around a rock, then another and finally after a couple of minutes found myself in a dead end MILES away from the quest area, navigating back would've took me same amount of time - granted if I had been able to backtrack and not got lost on my way back. Because Map is USELESS. So I hearthstoned back to the garrison and ALT-F4ed out of the fucking game. Making a promise to myself to never do it again. Then I unsubbed.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2014-12-23 at 06:47 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Sounds like a laziness problem rather than a design problem.

"Great majestic wings...and it hobbles around like my dad in the morning looking for his car keys..."

On a separate note, the douche bag fake laughing to every bad Conan jokes is annoying.
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-12-23 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Hell that reminds me of my attempt of going out into the open world on the ground mount. For a garrison quest. I looked at the map and took the FP closest to the quest area. I arrived mounted up and rode to the quest area. I immediately realized that there's no clear path, I went around a rock, then another and finally after a couple of minutes found myself in a dead end MILES away from the quest area, navigating back would've took me same amount of time - granted if I had been able to backtrack and not got lost on my way back. Because Map is USELESS. So I hearthstoned back to the garrison and ALT-F4ed out of the fucking game. Making a promise to myself to never do it again. Then I unsubbed.
    I got lost in Boston once.

Went home, tore up my license, and sold my car.

Sounds like a laziness problem rather than a design problem.
    You do know you sit on your ass all day playing a video game...right?

That auto kills your laziness theory.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In what game?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Went home, tore up my license, and sold my car.
    Maybe instead of handicapping yourself, you should have used GPS

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    That auto kills your laziness theory.
    Hardly. If a player can't be bothered to learn the general layout of each zone, or views a random rock outcropping as some sort of menacing hurdle between him and his destination, the rest of the game is going to seem downright impossible.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2014-12-23 at 07:02 PM.

I find it extremely comical that this thread has 1554 pages and we're only a month or so into WoD. What a joke.

Deleted
    All the WotLK zones were designed with flying in mind. Especially, Dragonblight, Storm Peaks and ICC.

If that is the best argument you have then you don't have much of an argument.

- - - Updated - - -

....what? Pre 77 zones were NOT designed with flying in mind. Verticality has great impact in questing.
    What the hell are you talking about?
    Howling fjord and... fjords all around, path to the mountain up north, tuskarr island.
    Borean tundra with coldarra and a series of quests which flying trivializes.
    Dragonblight, grizzly hills have no content designed "with flying in mind"
    Zul drak has ghoul quest at beginning that is NOT designed for flying as flying would allow you to reach that flying ziggurat.

The hell are you talking about. WotLK zones didn't have flying at lvl 70 till later on. They weren't designed with flying in mind...
    Last edited by mmocea043e1e13; 2014-12-23 at 07:12 PM.

Deleted
    This thread probably had near the 1000 posts before the game was even out so that point is mood.