Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Some areas in the game can't be explored with out flying.
    just flying there is hardly "exploring"
    Most places you want to explore only exist because they were built into the game for flying purposes. Before flying, the mountains you were looking at were facades. There was no "there" to get to in most cases. This part of the anti-flying argument makes no sense at all. We can explore because player controlled flying was put into the game.

- - - Updated - - -

The more I think about this more it occurs to me that WoD is just going to be a bunch of no-flying quest hubs like Timeless Isles. Hence, no need for flying because there will be literally no place to fly to other than these hubs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    The more I think about this more it occurs to me that WoD is just going to be a bunch of no-flying quest hubs like Timeless Isles. Hence, no need for flying because there will be literally no place to fly to other than these hubs.
    Which is unfortunate.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

If Blizzard would just tell us WHY they seem to hate flying all of a sudden then we'd at least have some perspective to form a debate around. But as it is now, all I can think of is 1) they think it will extend the life of their content, and 2) it will make the content easier for them to build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    If Blizzard would just tell us WHY they seem to hate flying all of a sudden then we'd at least have some perspective to form a debate around. But as it is now, all I can think of is 1) they think it will extend the life of their content, and 2) it will make the content easier for them to build.
    So much butthurt QQ. You remind me of this guy lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqRPOEa3P44

Quote Originally Posted by lando627 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqRPOEa3P44
    What? You need to learn some reading comprehension. No where in his post is whining or anger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by lando627 View Post
    Not butthurt at all. I've already bought the expansion and plan on playing. But Blizzard wants us to have a discussion with no information.

So if you actually have something to say I'll debate it but as of now you're not really contributing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Cross city auction house should be removed too it and revert back to pre-Patch 1.8, it would strengthen communities so much more by making us use flight paths...and portals...and trams...you know, means of fast travel? to get to other cities' AHs.

What do you mean you don't want to run from SW to IF then to Menethil harbor?

Is that a boat you're taking to Darnassus? Hehe, how cute, you're swimming the Great Sea baby, then walking to Gadgetzan.

For the community, and artists' art appreciation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then the plan I formulated originally, when this subject first arose, solidifies even more. I'll suffer Draenor long enough to hit lvl 100. The instant I do, I hearth away from there, never to return on that character. I'll only return for the sake of leveling alts, rinse and repeat. Any other interaction with Draenor-based content will be through LFD/LFR tools. Or, put another way.. "I'll never learn to LOVE a world WITHOUT flight."

#FlightIsImportant

I always get a laugh out of the people that claim that because things aren't going to go their way that subs will plummet because of it. Only the vocal minority gives a remote fuck that there's flying or not and even then despite the fact there's about 200 threads of non constructive people bitching about it, doesn't mean they will quit over it. And even then, even if they did, they do NOT represent the majority of players that just want to play WoW trying to achieve whatever end game goal is that they are trying to achieve.

They've had dedicated no flight zones since burning crusade (The sunwell isle) and no one has ever quit over it. No flying has never been proven to be a decider when it comes to who stays and who goes in any significant numbers and it never will, because it's not important.

You know what has been proven to shift numbers? Dungeon difficulty, Over abundance of daily quests with double gating for gear and poor/lack of end game content. Perhaps you should focus your energies and worry about those things, since those things are what statistically significant numbers of people actually care about and actually effect game play in a positive/negative manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    I always get a laugh out of the people that claim that because things aren't going to go their way that subs will plummet because of it. Only the vocal minority gives a remote fuck that there's flying or not and even then despite the fact there's about 200 threads of non constructive people bitching about it, doesn't mean they will quit over it. And even then, even if they did, they do NOT represent the majority of players that just want to play WoW trying to achieve whatever end game goal is that they are trying to achieve.

They've had dedicated no flight zones since burning crusade (The sunwell isle) and no one has ever quit over it. No flying has never been proven to be a decider when it comes to who stays and who goes in any significant numbers and it never will, because it's not important.

You know what has been proven to shift numbers? Dungeon difficulty, Over abundance of daily quests with double gating for gear and poor/lack of end game content. Perhaps you should focus your energies and worry about those things, since those things are what statistically significant numbers of people actually care about and actually effect game play in a positive/negative manner.
    I am concerned about the things you mention; especially dungeon difficulty early in WoD. With so much nerfing of healers, I foresee a lot of issues with dungeons in WoD. In case anyone hasn't noticed, WoD seems to be all about taking things away from us. Other, than garrisons and some new character models, what are we getting that is new vs. what is being taken away.

Blizzard has never tried to take flying out of an entire expansion. You don't know how many players would leave because of that. It might be more than you think. WOW is down to 8 million from a peak of 12 million. People leave when they don't like something. Does Blizzard really want to bet that subscribers won't leave over the flying issue?

They have already announced they are going to be making changes to allow all mounts, even flying mounts available in battlegrounds, they just won't fly. So this tells me Blizzard is fully preparing to leave us flightless throughout the entire expansion of WoD, as they have already "hinted". They ARE going to try this, and the ONLY thing that can stop it, is for people NOT to buy into their hype and PRE-PAY for an expansion they don't even have BETA information on yet. If everyone pre-buys the expansion they will in essence be saying to Blizzard, "yes, we are ok with no flying in WoD". And that will be the end of that. Look on the brightside, they won't be gouging all of our gold coffers for another 5000g or 10,000g.

Personally, I am very pessimistic about this expansion, the night they did the reveal at BlizCon I was stunned to hear they had concocted some "time-travel/alternate timeline" expansion, that frankly has no place in existing World of Warcraft lore.

This would be like the StarWars MMO coming out with an expansion, and calling it "Collapse of the Rebellion" wherein, you are taken back in time and the entire thing revolves around The Empire actually succeeding in using the Deathstar to destroy the Yavin moon, the rebels are holed up on, and the Deathstar is never destroyed, and the Empire goes about it's business of ruling the galaxy with an iron fist un-opposed.

I ask you, where is there fun in that?

This is THE most "un-imaginative" expansion for World of Warcraft ever, and I will predict this will be the first expansion that fails to beat out it's previous iteration in sales.

All these cumulative changes, removing "complexity", mindless questing hubs (aka Timeless Isle), all of this will have the opposite effect to what these developers have talked themselves into. They believe this will win back subscribers, and increase new interest in the game, when in reality long time veterans will hate this, and stop playing, and when you look around and see all your friends, guildmates, and realm acquaintances folks are gone, you'll end up quitting as well. Sometimes these devs forget it's not the content, the lore, the graphics, the loot, or the expansions that keep people playing, it's PEOPLE, just like you and me, that is what keeps the game "alive", and when the people leave, the game will be dead, pure and simple.

I have been playing since vanilla, been playing for 7yrs now, and this is the first time i have had serious reservations about an upcoming expansion. Each expansion has had it's detractors, and I was always the one saying, I'll wait and make my judgement after I've seen the expansion for myself. Well not this time, I have intentionally not paid for the pre-purchase, and I will wait until the release date to make up my mind on if I'll buy it or not, based on how it's been received by the beta testers, and by my own research gleaned from sites like this.

I know I'm not going to plunk down my hard earned money for something i will hate, and not bother playing because all of my friends have stopped playing. I don't want to be the last man standing wondering where everyone else went. That would be too pathetic.

This may well be the end of the glory days for WoW, and perhaps it's time for another MMO to take the lead. Perhaps it will be WildStar, at least the people behind that game seem genuinely excited about bringing it to market. WoW is being brought to us by dev teams that have been doing this for too long it would appear and the crumbling of Rome can be seen if you look at the signs with clarity.

It will be very saddening for me, when the time comes to logoff my account for the last time and leave all my 7yrs of enjoyment, and work behind, not to mention the friends and guild mates. What a pity.
    Last edited by Velen The Just; 2014-03-18 at 04:46 AM.

PVP Server - If you picked a PVP realm and don't like it anymore that's no one's fault but your own. Ain't the companies fault. 90 boost a character on a PVE realm if your that strong about it.

People that wanna stay on ground can and people that want to fly can argument - Known fact if flying is available extreme mass majority will do it, nobody likes the feeling of falling behind or feeling punished for picking a slower method takes away from the experience. If you offer people convenience people will use convenience.

Their is a disconnect when in flight. More often then not your less attentive and alert, more of the world will pass you by. Blizzard Quotes - ''This is a brutal harsh world'' ''Brutal, primal world of giants'' It's completely understandable they don't want the content to become laughable upon reaching 100 flying over every obstacle and danger. Obstacles, fighting, dieing are key components of any MMO which is severely negated by player avoidance by flying mount. At level 100 they don't want Draenor to be reduced to land mass you fly over to get places.

What flying does - Gets you places faster. That's the main heart and soul of flying and why it's ever used, unless if you want to nit pick it and come up with a niche reason. At what cost? Playing a game you now want to avoid. If there was flying and with all the Queues available there would hardly ever be a reason for leaving the city and the game will continue to suffer from what's happening now. Sitting in a city, fly here, fly there. This is the game of Warcraft, what fun. Am so glad Blizzard is turning away from this and saving there game.

Small price to pay for what will be a much more enjoyable game, a game without hassle and face pounding in a keyboard is non rewarding and empty. Haven't had that fear for a very long time, elites running you down. Running for your life or braving them. I wave goodbye to EasyCraft/MoP and welcome HardCraft/WoD with open arms. And away with the panda bullcrap and into some heavy ass WoW lore. Too going back too what Warcraft is about. Something a lot of us have long forgotten.
    Last edited by DarkArchon; 2014-03-18 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    PVP Server - If you picked a PVP realm and don't like it anymore that's no one's fault but your own. Ain't the companies fault. 90 boost a character on a PVE realm if your that strong about it.

People that wanna stay on ground can and people that want to fly can argument - Known fact if flying is available extreme mass majority will do it, nobody likes the feeling of falling behind or feeling punished for picking a slower method takes away from the experience. If you offer people convenience people will use convenience.

Their is a disconnect when in flight. More often then not your less attentive and alert, more of the world will pass you by. Blizzard Quotes - ''This is a brutal harsh world'' ''Brutal, primal world of giants'' It's completely understandable they don't want the content to become laughable upon reaching 100 flying over every obstacle and danger. Obstacles, fighting, dieing are key components of any MMO which is severely negated by player avoidance by flying mount. At level 100 they don't want Draenor to be reduced to land mass you fly over to get places.

What flying does - Gets you places faster. That's the main heart and soul of flying and why it's ever used, unless if you want to nit pick it and come up with a niche reason. At what cost? Playing a game you now want to avoid. If there was flying and with all the Queues available there would hardly ever be a reason for leaving the city and the game will continue to suffer from what's happening now. Sitting in a city, fly here, fly there. This is the game of Warcraft, what fun. Am so glad Blizzard is turning away from this and saving there game.

Small price to pay for what will be a much more enjoyable game, a game without hassle and face pounding in a keyboard is non rewarding and empty. Haven't had that fear for a very long time, elites running you down. Running for your life or braving them. I wave goodbye to EasyCraft/MoP and welcome HardCraft/WoD with open arms. And away with the panda bullcrap and into some heavy ass WoW lore.
    I fail to see what is rewarding about having to fight mobs just to get from place to place. I assume that WoD will have roads so we aren't constantly wading through masses of aggressive npcs. That would get old really really fast.

I fail to see what is rewarding about having to fight mobs just to get from place to place. I assume that WoD will have roads so we aren't constantly wading through masses of aggressive npcs. That would get old really really fast.
    Something that can't be said. It's a feeling. When your level 100 sitting in the forest, go too the washroom and come back to a Giant about to smash your toon you'll know exactly what i mean and your eyes will be open. One of mainly examples. The feeling that you actually need to hide if your leaving for a second because you know there is dangers. An issue that never happens with flying. And i can assure you flying and idling in the air gets old much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Near the end of the interview they hint at no flying throughout the entire xpac.
    After researching Alex you can find a lot about him on google. http://www.wowwiki.com/Alex_Afrasiabi

Trying to force his belief onto others , then you look and see he's from. Kinda explains what were going threw with forcing his no fly beliefs on the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    After researching Alex you can find a lot about him on google. http://www.wowwiki.com/Alex_Afrasiabi

Trying to force his belief onto others , then you look and see he's from. Kinda explains what were going threw with forcing his no fly beliefs on the rest of us.
    I hate what he is doing, but I don't hate him for doing it. Stop being racist, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I hate what he is doing, but I don't hate him for doing it. Stop being racist, please.
    dictators usually force there beliefs on others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post

Hey, I agree with you, I do. While I'm absolutely adamantly in favor of Flying, I concede that in the grand scheme, it makes a very small difference in my day to day gameplay. So long as the game is designed without flying in mind (ground layouts, flight paths, etc.), then we really won't miss it that badly. The people threatening to quit over this are preposterously stupid.

With that being said, because Beta isn't here yet and we've gotten scant details about the rest of the game so far, the removal of flying is one of only a few debate points that we have at the moment. So here I am.

The thing I really want more than anything is a detailed explanation of why this decision is being made. Because at the moment, all we can do is speculate over either Blizzard's laziness or lack of logic.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post

So you really think that he wants flying to go because he's Iranian?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Hey, I agree with you, I do. While I'm absolutely adamantly in favor of Flying, I concede that in the grand scheme, it makes a very small difference in my day to day gameplay. So long as the game is designed without flying in mind (ground layouts, flight paths, etc.), then we really won't miss it that badly. The people threatening to quit over this are preposterously stupid.
    So you are not bothered at all about no flying, but people who are very bothered and cancel are "preposterously stupid". You do realize that this logic makes you look like a fucking idiot? If you really want to try to understand those "stupid people" maybe try to imagine Blizzard removing something you LIKE VERY MUCH, something that would actually bother you VERY MUCH. And then say you are "preposterously stupid" for thinking like that

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    So you really think that he wants flying to go because he's Iranian?
    LOL, I say it's because he's from Everquest...