The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Flying =/= gliding.
    Your point being?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Flyings in flyings out flyings in flyings out. Just stupid.
    Actually it was more like flying's delayed to 6.1, flying might be in 6.1, flying isn't in 6.1

They never were going back and forth, they just changed their mind based on the positive reaction to no flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Your point being?
    Your post says that ArenaNet advertises gliders and that someone should tell them that flying ruins exploration.

Gliders are not flying. You post doesn't make sense. That's my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your post says that ArenaNet advertises gliders and that someone should tell them that flying ruins exploration.

How does flying ruin exploration?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Actually it was more like flying's delayed to 6.1, flying might be in 6.1, flying isn't in 6.1

They never were going back and forth, they just changed their mind based on the positive reaction to no flying.

- - - Updated - - -

so tell me. At what speed do you glide? Is it faster than 100%

It's irrelevant. You don't leave the game world at will for indeterminate amount of time with gliding. You clearly have no grasp on the actual issues of flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh flying disconnects you now?

15+ Year Old Account
    They are designing full zones based around eventually getting a glider. Unlike Blizzard, they will make it part of the world and not just a thing to collect and speed up travel. The new zones in GW2 will have 3 layers and the glider will be used in part to traverse the layers with more freedom and ease and to access locations that you won't be able to otherwise. It's a concept that Blizzard used to have and failed to incorporate into future content.

Oh flying disconnects you now?
    Yes. Which has been my stance for 1761 pages now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why haven't anyone reported that bug to Blizzard for 8 years? Why haven't you?

Deleted
    Given the constant raging debate for almost a year now, I think other game developers will be adding in elements of flying. We are already seeing this in other games.
    Just because a few loudmouths rage, shouldn't mean you should give them candy. Maybe you should make them shut up and put them in a corner instead. You can't always keep everyone happy.

One thing is for certain. This catastrophe has not gone as smoothly as blizzard Anticipated. it is pretty ballsy if you think about it. For a developer of a successful series to strip their totally non controversial travel system of eight years and replace it with nothing is really bizarre. The fact that the game offers exceptionally limited fast travel makes it even crazier.
    That is for certain for you, not for me. I don't see any catastrophe.

Speed isn't what sets gliding and flying apart. When you glide, you fly, but when you fly, you don't necessarily glide. An apple is a fruit, but a fruit isn't necessarily an apple.

glide
    [glahyd]

Aeronautics.
    to move in the air, especially at an easy angle downward, with less engine power than for level flight, solely by the action of air currents and gravity, or by momentum already acquired.

Flying includes the trait of you can throttle your altitude up, almost all flying machines taking off from the ground into higher ground ("air") which is a requirement Aviana's Feather fulfills. The engineering glider can do it as well with Gravity Well and failing Nitro Boosts.

So this is the trailer you're on about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOUk2y0K2m8

New ways to explore, at 1m30s.

Seemed like gliding. Can't tell for sure, but they don't seem to gain altitude. If anything, it confirms your bias

- - - Updated - - -

"2000 years ago, we did not travel by car, surely we don't need aviation technologies for traveling in our modern age."

Get on with the program man, the world changes, and so do games.

What a lousy way to try to prove a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only lousy because it works.
    Flying doesn't remove anyone from the world.
    Just like running out of spell's range doesn't remove you from the world of the caster you are running away from.

Deleted
    It's only lousy because it works.
    Flying doesn't remove anyone from the world.
    Just like running out of spell's range doesn't remove you from the world of the caster you are running away from.
    Tell that to the rogue who would sap you if you were on the ground.

Are these really the arguments that pro flyers are bringing to the table?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Tell that to the rogue who would sap you if you were on the ground.
    Last time I checked rogues can sap me while i'm in the air too. ANY HEIGHT.

- - - Updated - - -

Are these really the arguments that pro flyers are bringing to the table?
    Is this the deflection anti-flyers are bringing in response?

Deleted
    Last time I checked rogues can sap me while i'm in the air too. ANY HEIGHT.
    There's a lot of things you can do with a banana as well, but I suggest you just eat it instead of acrobatics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your suggestion is noted and dismissed as impractical. It is better to do all the things with a banana and then eat another one.

Is this the deflection anti-flyers are bringing in response?
    There's no response to your extremely poor attempts at an argument. And, no, rogues can't sap you if you are off the ground. Unless they changed it as of Dreanor. But I haven't seen anyone flying in Dreanor to check....

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no response to your extremely poor attempts at an argument. And, no, rogues can't sap you if you are off the ground. Unless they changed it as of Dreanor. But I haven't seen anyone flying in Dreanor to check....
    Your opinion on my arguments is not an argument either.
    Rogues most definitely can sap you at any height if they want to. You can check it in Azeroth.

It's irrelevant. You don't leave the game world at will for indeterminate amount of time with gliding. You clearly have no grasp on the actual issues of flying.
    is that your way of it saying gliding is faster than running?