The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Or you know, my decision to get there ASAP. Snark takes place of an actual argument though.
    Oh but the way you told your sad story explicitly conveys the idea that flying trivialized your experience and made it boring.
    Which is bollocks as you yourself are now proving by saying that you were in a hurry. Snark well deserved.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Oh but the way you told your sad story explicitly conveys the idea that flying trivialized your experience and made it boring.
    Which is bollocks as you yourself are now proving by saying that you were in a hurry. Snark well deserved.
    But you know, lack of anything remotely containing substance on your part, as usual.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    But you know, lack of anything remotely containing substance on your part, as usual.
    See how you are attacking me and not what I say?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Doesn't change the fact you did something you disliked even though you had the option to play the way you wanted to and would enjoy more. You intentionally made yourself suffer and did things against your belief to save time. Have you no scruples? If you don't like flying, stop flying.
    Kudos to you guys for pointing out the obvious. You are the captains of obvious!

I have leveled several characters sans heirlooms and sans flight for the enjoyment. My goal was to hit 90 ASAP. You can stop being dicks with no point now.

- - - Updated - - -

See how you are attacking me and not what I say?
    Hey, treat others the way you want to be treated. Your posts lacking substance is what you say.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Kudos to you guys for pointing out the obvious. You are the captains of obvious!

I have leveled several characters sans heirlooms and sans flight for the enjoyment. My goal was to hit 90 ASAP. You can stop being douchebags with no point now.
    The fact that you substituted "without" for "sans" pretty much sums it up.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Deleted
    i don't get it why people still argue on forums.

blizzard should just allow flying, so people can fly because it's a part of the game.

if you enjoy no flying, then simple don't fly. everyone is happy win win, so what the fk is the actual issue here.

nobody is telling you to FLY if you wanna enjoy every single pixie in the game, go ahead and travel around with your ground mount, nobody is stopping you.

i'm lazy, and i've almost 20k achievment points. i'm done getting more. all i wanna do now is just enjoy myself. as i'm currently only raiding.

if i could fly, i could do rep farm so much faster, and it wouldn't be retarded. if i could fly, i could seriously fish those 100 x here and there so much faster because the idea of me going to a flight point. just for travel is stupid and i feel like i'm wasting life away, so therefor i hate that we don't have flying.

but really. 2039 pages? come on people all you do is bash each other lol. this is like endless discussion. even me typing this will proly get ignored in 1-2 pages and we can move on as usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, treat others the way you want to be treated. Your posts lacking substance is what you say.
    I never used ad hominems.
    Just because you don't like the substance, doesn't mean it's been lacked.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never used ad hominems.
    Just because you don't like the substance, doesn't mean it's been lacked.
    Neither did I, a lack of substance is your arguments.

Deleted
    Doesn't change the fact you did something you disliked even though you had the option to play the way you wanted to and would enjoy more. You intentionally made yourself suffer and did things against your belief to save time. Have you no scruples? If you don't like flying, stop flying.
    It doesnt work that way. There's a psychological effect that let's you go for least resistance in a way that you can't just take the harder path on purpose while pretending the easier doesnt exist and enjoy it the same way.

This applies to differing degrees, dependent on situation and affected Person. But it's generally very prevalent. It's often just not the same if you know an easier solution is readily available. It cheapens the experience. Same with asking lfr haters to just ignore it and not understanding why they can't.

I find the "just ignore it omg what's the Problem" very cheap, shallow, and ignorant.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want a hostile argument, don't start being hostile?

Why does this thread have 2000+ pages?

/rollseyes

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    honestly for me all the "no flying" has done is make me not care at all about things that I have to run on the ground to get to. I don't do apexis dailies, I do do my garrisson missions, I don't do the treasures all because the amount of time invested in engaging and completing these things without flying does not justify the reward received from them.

I've debated internally about how long will I continue to support (via subbing) this no-flying non-sense before I use my voice (my sub) and tell blizzard im not ok with it.

How many more 1,000's of threads about how much not having flying sucks before they realize.

But somehow a 10% nerf to dmg in pvp gets reverted like nearly instantly due to "public outcry"....../confused

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomedDiceThrower View Post
    It doesnt work that way. There's a psychological effect that let's you go for least resistance in a way that you can't just take the harder path on purpose while pretending the easier doesnt exist and enjoy it the same way.

This applies to differing degrees, dependent on situation and affected Person. But it's generally very prevalent. It's often just not the same if you know an easier solution is readily available. It cheapens the experience. Same with asking lfr haters to just ignore it and not understanding why they can't.

I find the "just ignore it omg what's the Problem" very cheap, shallow, and ignorant.
    Sorry, but no. He went out of his way to get heirlooms and buy the book for 85 flight in pandaria. He made a conscious decision to put in some extra effort to crap on his choice of playstyle. People do ironman leveling challenges. Why? They find it fun. No difference here. He chose to use flight AND use it as an example. He never had to. It was his choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither did I, a lack of substance is your arguments.
    Sure you did, not so many posts ago. You also continue to use ad lapidem

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomedDiceThrower View Post

Pretty much this. My goal to hit 90 super was more important than my desire to enjoy the Pandaria leveling experience.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much this. My goal to hit 90 super was more important than my desire to enjoy the Pandaria leveling experience.
    Then don't use that one as an example of why you don't like flight. You knew you didn't like it but you did it anyway. If you want examples, say that you leveled characters without flight and you love no flight at max level. I can respect that more. At least that way you are sticking to your principles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but no. He went out of his way to get heirlooms and buy the book for 85 flight in pandaria. He made a conscious decision to put in some extra effort to crap on his choice of playstyle. People do ironman leveling challenges. Why? They find it fun. No difference here. He chose to use flight AND use it as an example. He never had to. It was his choice.
    Your argument has been soundly refuted. I went out of my way for a purpose. It was less fun to do it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you by chance leveling any alts in pandaria the way you enjoy RIGHT NOW?

15+ Year Old Account
    Your argument has been soundly refuted. I went out of my way for a purpose. It was less fun to do it that way.
    And you have no one but yourself to blame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then don't use that one as an example of why you don't like flight. You knew you didn't like it but you did it anyway. If you want examples, say that you leveled characters without flight and you love no flight at max level. I can respect that more. At least that way you are sticking to your principles.
    It's a pretty good example of why I don't like flight actually. You don't like it because of the conversation it led to. But flight cheapened my experience of it nonetheless.

- - - Updated - - -

And you have no one but yourself to blame.
    And?

I knew I'd get shouted down. You keep doing what you do, I'll keep doing what I do, and Blizzard will keep designing experiences without flight to hinder design decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

It was an example of how

1) it cheapened the experience for me
    2) it most certainly does change pacing and structure, which people seem to be denying it can do.