Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    They are innovative from a "under the hood technology" perspective.
    Putting every player in his own customizable phase is quite a feat and made quite a mess of the start of the x-pack.
    If the implementation had been trivial, stuff like "getting trapped in Garrison limbo" wouldn't have happened.
    I fail to see how. I know a thing or two about this under the hood technology and the leap was made when they did the farm = personal phase, garrisons reused what the farm did. They lagged like hell at the start, because every phase takes resources and since garrisons were bigger than farm, these resources were bigger as well, so with lots of people in garrisons, servers were just running out of resources - that's all. The tiny bit of "innovation" that they added / enabled later - which was the queue - was completely trivial.

What you say was "quite a feat" wasn't a feat at all (and the mess was completely predictable, they just failed to test because they were in a rush).

PS: Really, there's nothing interesting in garrisons in terms of technology. I might be forgetting something, but...
    Last edited by rda; 2015-04-25 at 01:41 PM.

I could live with no flight if Blizzard actually had changed their design and made the world interesting.
    But they didn't. As such there is no logical reason to not allow flight.
    I think most people are this way. You now have very public people who were anti flight (youtube folks), now shifting their stance, because Blizzard didn't deliver.

However you have some anti flight people who just seem intent on giving the Devs a virtual hand job, or maybe they are Blizzard plants. = )
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    What you say was "quite a feat" wasn't a feat at all
    I don't know. You seem to imagine the Blizzard techs just sitting on their butts doing nothing.
    I'm pretty sure that a lot more went into these garrisons than any outside person can realize on the fly.

They are innovative as far as WoW itself is concerned, however they pale in comparison to other housing systems from other MMOs.

I don't know. You seem to imagine the Blizzard techs just sitting on their butts doing nothing.
    I'm pretty sure that a lot more went into these garrisons than any outside person can realize on the fly.

They are innovative as far as WoW itself is concerned, however they pale in comparison to other housing systems from other MMOs.
    It is not that garrisons are not cool, it is they just do not compare to what competitive game provides in terms of housing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I think most people are this way. You now have very public people who were anti flight (youtube folks), now shifting their stance, because Blizzard didn't deliver.

However you have some anti flight people who just seem intent on giving the Devs a virtual hand job, or maybe they are Blizzard plants. = )
    The hugest deal about why i want flying or simple hate that we can't fly is these factors.

1: they still release flying mounts.. just why, just why

2: the most important one. I HATE mountains. especially going around one because you need to go to a specific point. not even fking flight path can solve this.

3: it just takes forever to go to point A to B. because you need to go from A to C. to Fly to D , for get to B. (and did i explore anything with these fking extra 2 points to visit? The answer is NO).

but i'll gladly corpse gank few low lvls i meet on my way as i know they can't fly and i can displacer beast into range for when ever they spawn. so ye i got that going.
    Last edited by mmoc6818f34952; 2015-04-25 at 01:52 PM.

No, Blizzard devs don't sit on their butts, but the innovation wasn't there (an example of where there *was* significant and impressive new tech: Group Finder, and let me say right now that OQueue is a child's play compared to that - expectedly) - and there's way less of innovation in WoD overall.

Im really , really tired of not being able to fly, and using some anedoctal evidence, so are my friends , the 2 out of 20+ on my dead friend list that still play...

But like i said im tired of this , and now i just want a clear yes or no, flight or no flight from Blizzard...

i cant believe that we havent got one yet,..

baiting players that WANT flight back with the "we dont know yet" isnt professional and its bad business and in my view it damages the company image..

we are middle expansion ( well i hope 6.2 isnt the final patch,. because if it is , flight or no flight, i will not buy anymore expansions, because this is an MMO , it isnt a call of duty or a Fifa to have a release every year, mmos should not be played like that, and i will feel cheated to have payed more money and get less content than ever...), how long will they go with the "we dont yet" stance? will they tell us when the expansion ends?
    that would be the ultimate scumbag move from them.... and this year they have done plenty of scumbag moves...
    Last edited by shadowstep; 2015-04-25 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    Im really , really tired of not being able to fly, and using some anedoctal evidence, so are my friends , the 2 out of 20+ on my dead friend list that still play...

But like i said im tired of this , and now i just want a clear yes or no, flight or no flight from Blizzard...

i cant believe that we havent got one yet,..

baiting players that WANT flight back with the "we dont know yet" isnt professional and its bad business and in my view it damages the company image..

we are middle expansion ( well i hope 6.2 isnt the final patch,. because if it is , flight or no flight, i will not buy anymore expansions, because this is an MMO , it isnt a call of duty or a Fifa to have a release every year, mmos should not be played like that, and i will feel cheated to have payed more money and get less content than ever...), how long will they go with the "we dont yet" stance? will they tell us when the expansion ends?
    that would be the ultimate scumbag move from them.... and this year they have done plenty of scumbag moves...
    Good post.

I will probably post a complaint with the BBB later in the week since I will have the time now.

Well the answer to that is Blizz never said it was player housing .. it was their version.

I honestly miss Wildstars player housing, it was nice to get excited about drops that were not gear. Do i think Blizzard can adopt something like that in future expacs yes. Do I think they will nope... they seem hell bent on doing as little as possible to support this game now.

14 month content drought + lack luster (unfinished)expac + joke of content patch = my conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post

I will probably post a complaint with the BBB later in the week since I will have the time now.
    Although I agree with you sentiment, I however do not think it will garner much attention to the BBB. WoW terms of service pretty much protect them from that sort of thing.

However it can not be denied how they handled has been a atrocious of an example of how you treat paying customers. This honestly is the type of shit I expect for one of those pay to play betas on Steam, not a established giant like Blizzard.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2015-04-25 at 02:49 PM.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Good post.

Lol you do that. Entitlement has reached a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by Critchick View Post
    1: they still release flying mounts.. just why, just why
    They're probably not going to remove flying from the entirety of the game because that would require them redesigning both leveling and old level cap content to accommodate ground mounts in areas that were only accessible by flying. So even if they did decide that from now on no matter what there's never going to be flying again in future content they're still going to release flying mounts in the store because they probably don't want to sell a mount that isn't always of use.

Using a recolor of the CE mount for the next raid Glory achievement aggravates me though. It's a reuse of a CE mount, and in a patch that as of yet the shows no signs of flight being allowed. I don't want to call them too busy to be bothered, but I think they're too busy to be bothered so they just recolored the CE mount and didn't put any further thought into it other than what fits into the development schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    They're probably not going to remove flying from the entirety of the game because that would require them redesigning both leveling and old level cap content to accommodate ground mounts in areas that were only accessible by flying. So even if they did decide that from now on no matter what there's never going to be flying again in future content they're still going to release flying mounts in the store because they probably don't want to sell a mount that isn't always of use.

Using a recolor of the CE mount for the next raid Glory achievement aggravates me though. It's a reuse of a CE mount, and in a patch that as of yet the shows no signs of flight being allowed. I don't want to call them too busy to be bothered, but I think they're too busy to be bothered so they just recolored the CE mount and didn't put any further thought into it other than what fits into the development schedule.
    This expac seems to me that they are just content to do absolutely as little as possible. Maybe the Devs are burnt out and tired of working on the game, or more then likely they have just become complacent in the fact they hold the number one spot.

Honestly I think the only thing that will help WoW is for another MMO to come on the market, that can garner 4-5 million subs. They might actually start to innovate instead of imitate then.

Deleted
    Probably the garrison was the reason WoD took that long. That, or the fact there was a new brewery close to the blizzard HQ.

To be honest, it's a little more of a pain to get everywhere without flying but I like the actual walking/ground mount aspect of the xpac. Besides, it's been a while since I could show off my ground mounts normally... :P

Quote Originally Posted by shoepunch View Post
    To be honest, it's a little more of a pain to get everywhere without flying but I like the actual walking/ground mount aspect of the xpac. Besides, it's been a while since I could show off my ground mounts normally... :P
    Nice for 1st post. You are CM to do some damage control here, aren't you? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Nice for 1st post. You are CM to do some damage control here, aren't you?
    Maybe, just my own personal preference although I can understand the dislike for lack of flying as well. Namely, gathering professions were the reason flying was so crucial for me in earlier xpacs but they're not quite as crucial now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoepunch View Post
    Normally at this point somebody would say something like you could have had that in any xpac and then you'd say but yea I gotta forced into it then I'd say we'll you must not like it all that much and round and round the dance goes
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Well I got scammed on Paypal, scammer didn't do anything wrong under user agreement and I lost, filed withthe BBB and actually got my money back because they wanted a perfect score with BBB.

Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    I'm one of pro-flyers who quit this thread realtively early because pro-fliers actually had good arguments at the start of the expansion. Don't judge actual number of people wanting flying back by numbers of people advocating for it in this thread nowadays. I didn't argue much either because I quit the game for that that time. All the other people who really wanted flying back might have done the same.
    More then likely only a small minority have quit due to flight being disabled. However I would wager good money that the majority are playing in spite of flights removal. In other words they want it back but it isn't enough for them to quit over.

Only reason I am playing at the moment is it doesn't cost me money (otherwise I would quit). I get enough gold from follower missions to cover my sub. I just send them out while I have my coffee in the morning ... beyond that haven't been playing much though.

Right now it is about as engaging as a Facebook game.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2015-04-26 at 12:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    More then likely only a small minority have quit due to flight being disabled. However I would wager good money that the majority are playing in spite of flights removal. In other words they want it back but it isn't enough for them to quit over.

Only reason I am playing at the moment is it doesn't cost me money (otherwise I would quit). I get enough gold from follower missions to cover my sub. I just send them out while I have my coffee in the morning ... beyond that haven't been playing much though.

Right now it is about as engaging as a Facebook game.
    I wonder how many "subs" the token will save them...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.