Hopefully those who enjoy using flying mounts can vote with their wallets and force Blizzard to reconsider their decision. Sure, there won't be a majority drop in subs, but the number would be significant enough to warrant reconsideration.
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    No personal offense, but this attitude is what is worrying about this game.
    It's worrying because the more they try to force players out into the world, the more they seem to punish the players who already do go out into the world.

10g says they'll cave in to the whiners and allow flying when you hit max level.

Yeah having awesome flying mounts and not able to fly them would suck. Ashes, several Protodrakes, Bone dragons... you name it. All useless? No, they will bring back flying with the first patch.

If they want to lose subs due to so stupid reasons - then it's their choice. For me no flying = no sub. As simple as that.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

No personal offense, but this attitude is what is worrying about this game.
    "Forcing" people to do things like waste their time fighting everywhere isn't healthy about the game either.

People should be able to play the way they want, not the way other people feel they need to play.

I want to do things on my own time and not waste time with trivial mobs. They don't force character interaction. They don't make the game more immersive. They waste time, plain and simple. Just like those charging bastards on timeless isle. I don't run by those guys and think "Oh boy I get to do battle with a brutal yaungol!" I think "Jeesum crow, THESE fuckers again..." They aren't dangerous. If I dismount and face them, there's no real way in which they'll kill me. It's just wasted time when I could be doing something I WANT to do.

They'd look just as "pretty" and "unobtrusively immersive" as they would if I were skating by them in the air.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Mechagnome
    Have some pretty sweet flying mounts. But its just epeen and nothing to care about. If we would get immersion and wpvp back i would gladly give up them all. PVE players belong on PVE servers if they cant handle being ganked.

And this is from a person who does very little pvp in general.

Another option would be to have 5 sec cast on mount / dismount flying. People wont be able to just mount and fly away.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Path View Post
    Hopefully those who enjoy using flying mounts can vote with their wallets and force Blizzard to reconsider their decision. Sure, there won't be a majority drop in subs, but the number would be significant enough to warrant reconsideration.
    Why is flying mounts so important? Feels like 75% of the time spent on the back of a flying mount is being afk so you don't get killed. What so fun and important about that? Use flight paths if you wanna go to some place, easy peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    10g says they'll cave in to the whiners and allow flying when you hit max level.
    Hopefully they will. And they'll never try such a thing again.

Perhaps they'll actually deal with the problems instead of attempting to glaze over them by removing a pivotal game element not actually responsible for all the tangential and immaterial "issues" people bitch about.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Hopefully we've seen the last of flying mounts (in the new zones), I can't think of anything more disruptive to the MMO. Let'
    s make this an MMO again, and not some silly AFK-craft it has been since WOTLK.
    ... you think people are going to AFK LESS after travelling becomes more cumbersome?

Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    If they want to lose subs due to so stupid reasons - then it's their choice. For me no flying = no sub. As simple as that.
    cya

we don't miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzros View Post
    Why is flying mounts so important? Feels like 75% of the time spent on the back of a flying mount is being afk so you don't get killed.
    Maybe I like the game like that.

You going to say I'm wrong? No one's forcing you to use a flying mount.

That you feel compelled to have others set a pace for you is really a personal problem, frankly.

What so fun and important about that?
    Because I use flying mounts to get to fun and important things. I don't deem the ground beneath A and B particularly important, especially if it does nothing but act as an impediment. And my experiences on the timeless isle and the isle of the thunder king, stacked on top of the molten front and isle of quel'danis, has not coerced me to believe otherwise.

Use flight paths if you wanna go to some place, easy peasy.
    Blizzard flight paths are and continue to be terribly formed.

And this reasoning is pretty specious anyway. So apparently the alternative to flying above everything is to both fly above everything AND encourage people to be AFK more?
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-03-09 at 10:09 AM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    that would be amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mylex View Post
    cya

we don't miss you.
    I am sure you know that WoW has been declining, and having more people leave is not good. Especially when a lot of people like Flying.
    '"Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you."
    - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

Flying adds so much to the gameplay and makes everything so much more fun. It will completely ruin all the Raids, Dungeons, Scenarios, BGs, Arenas and Garrisons because we won't be able to fly around this new content...

Oh, wait....

Yes world pvp; its alive after all these years

Quote Originally Posted by Bench333 View Post
    Flying adds so much to the gameplay and makes everything so much more fun. It will completely ruin all the Raids, Dungeons, Scenarios, BGs, Arenas and Garrisons because we won't be able to fly around this new content...

Oh, wait....
    If those are all that matter, then it wouldn't matter if we could fly outside them.

And it's quite the false parallel to say BGs and raids should be the same as the outside world. The point of BGs and Raids is to topple every enemy in your way and meet specific objectives. Having every single area in the outside world of WoD function like that in intent with the same degree of pointless, filler fluff mobs that the world is normally stocked with sounds like hell, frankly. The outside world isn't linear and has no objectives; nor should it. Therefore, there are no objectives to skip and no linearity to be exploited via flying mounts.

Yes world pvp; its alive after all these years
    You know the best way to invite world PvP? Run around on a ground mount while flagged. It'll literally be dropping out of the sky to get to you.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-03-09 at 10:17 AM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

People who oppose to this change and love flying mounts are most likely PVE peeps who has not played during vanilla and felt how alive the world was without flying ! no offence intended
    Last edited by Dazzros; 2014-03-09 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Make my flying only mounts be used as ground only mounts and i will be fine with it..what I'm most upset is that i cant use my favorite mounts that i put a LOT (years in some cases) of effort into...
    Pretty much this.
    While flying is cool, it's not essential for me to have in oder to have fun in Azeroth / Outland / Draenor.

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

For those saying they'll unsub if they get rid of flying mounts I have to ask - Why are you still subbed in the first place? I mean if you're willing to quit over something as insignificant as your means of travel you can't be enjoying it very much. Most of the game is on the ground anyway. Not that they said that they would remove flying for the entire expansion. All he said was that they'd see what the player reaction was and if it was positive they'd consider extending the restriction.

Off-topic I'm disappointed that Ner'zhul is described as being part of the Iron Horde "for a short while", pretty much confirming his death.
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.

People who oppose to this change and love flying mounts are most likely PVE peeps who has not played during vanilla and felt how alive the world was without flying !
    The game has been doing more or less fine for seven years without it. And frankly, that's like saying "all of these players who don't want to grind up mats for resist gear didn't play in vanilla and never felt how rewarding it was, that's why people don't feel like the game is challenging anymore!" Such anecdotal evidence wouldn't make bringing resist gear back worth it, and it certainly doesn't make removing flying mounts worth it, as doing either of those things doesn't solve any problem whatsoever.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.