10+ Year Old Account
    No you do not. Because traveling is now done via APG™ which takes you out of the gameworld.
    Almost no one is going to ride e.g.: from Garrison to BRF in order to enter the raid.

Just for lul'z.... no fly really added people to the world.

Whoa one of my dudes is actually in Nagrand... bet he's farming for his barn.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    No you do not. Because traveling is now done via APG™ which takes you out of the gameworld.
    Almost no one is going to ride e.g.: from Garrison to BRF in order to enter the raid.

Now prove how that's related to flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Now prove how that's related to flying.
    It isn't. It just proves that no fly didn't add any more people to the world on it's own.

I could have linked you the same thing in TBC/Wrath/Cata/MoP though.
    Maybe you'd see a few more in 5mans or on alts, but basically "AFK in [hub] or be in [instanced content]" is what WoWs endgame is all about.

And that's the most important reason why the whole flight restriction is nonsensical w/o some major shift in design philosophy as far as the open world is concerned.

No, you just whined about how wrong I am and how right you are.
    I don't need to whine, I am right, I was always right. Now shhhh, go pretend you don't care.

I'm going to drop this here and note how it's locked, as they don't want to talk about no-flying anymore:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17260666064

They don't care what you want. They want the game THEY want. Just like Cata. You are just paying for the privilege to tag along. Your feedback doesn't matter here, or there, or anywhere -- they *refuse* to listen. That, right there, is the start of the end in my opinion. But I'm a ton foil wearing person. We will see...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    You are just paying for the privilege to tag along.
    Erm... even back in the TBC days, they stated multiple times that, while feedback is always welcome, WoW is NOT an open source project.
    So, we always "paid for the privilege to tag along in a world they created according to their vision".

You don't even have to pay real money to play anymore. So I mean... you aren't even 'paying for the privelege' anymore unless you want to.

You don't even have to pay real money to play anymore. So I mean... you aren't even 'paying for the privelege' anymore unless you want to.
    Someone paid cash for the token(s) to even be available, and the player has to "pay" by accumulating whatever amount of gold they cost. So it ends up being time spent gathering up gold. Whether that's a byproduct of "normal play" or through intentional farming is debatable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Whether that's a byproduct of "normal play" or through intentional farming is debatable.
    Currently? If you have alts, Garrisons will do all the work for you.
    In the future... well... it could get interesting once Blizzard stops throwing gold at you like candy.

In the future... well... it could get interesting once Blizzard stops throwing gold at you like candy.
    Not surprised by that. I was utilizing multiple Sunsong farms in MoP as a money press. You name it, I probably sold it on my server. :P

Yah that is the only reason I am still subbed. Is because I make enough gold from just sending my followers out on missions while I have my morning soda.

OT question

Do you think that the release of the WoW token along w/the ease of making gold is a result of Blizzard trying to mitigate a significant sub loss?
    Last edited by Maneo; 2015-05-01 at 10:36 PM.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Deleted

Yuna isn't even online, it says Remote Chat. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Do you think that the release of the WoW token along w/the ease of making gold is a result of Blizzard trying to mitigate a significant sub loss?
    If they don't add more fun content for the masses: I doubt it.
    But the masses seemed to love TI because it showered them in epics. maybe Tanaan will have a similar effect.

So Tanaan is a lead in quest chain then apexis dailies, jump puzzles, one and done rares and mobs denser than Thunder Island

PASS.

Deleted
    But the masses seemed to love TI because it showered them in epics. maybe Tanaan will have a similar effect.
    Looks more as if the items from Tanaan will be blue items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    and mobs denser than Thunder Island
    *specs AS*

Who wanted a "gangbang"? :<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Looks more as if the items from Tanaan will be blue items.
    Me no PTR, so I'll have to take your word for it.
    Will make them less popular with the masses looking for that purple font though.

So just wanted to do a test cause of Granyala post. Now mind you I am on Whisperwind as Alliance (70% of the player base), at 7pm Eastern time.

did a /who Shadow Moon Valley
    Came up w/47
    21 not max level
    So that leaves 26 (guessing Apex daily)

did a /who Talador
    Wow only 18
    10 of em are not max level
    So that leaves 8

Did a /who Gorgrond
    17 People higher then I thought maybe people waiting outside the raid.
    only 5 people seem to be leveling
    10 max level

did a /who Spires of Arak
    Wow really only 12 I thought this would be higher w/world bosses and all.
    6 not at max level
    6 at max level

Did a /who Nagrand
    Came up w/33 people
    12 Were not max level (so leveling)
    10 of them were in BC Nagrand (8 max level)
    so that leaves 11 max level players in Nagrand

did w/frost fire ridge
    Only 5 all max level assume that is because I am alliance though.

Lastly I did a /who 100
    Garrison - 22
    Nagrad - 4
    Ashran - 4
    BRF - 10
    Various old content - 10

Now when I did the same thing back in MoP the results were very different unfortunetly I didn't save them and have since updated my PC. Needless to say that during MoP more people were actually out in the world doing things at least on my server, and that was during a content drought. Can you tell me why that is anti flight people?

- - - Updated - - -

If they don't add more fun content for the masses: I doubt it.
    Unfortunately it doesn't appear as though Tanaan will be in the vein of TI, or fortunately what ever your view may be. At least in respect to showering you w/epics.

It does however seem to reward blues to get you into the raiding since that is all Blizz seems to care about.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately it doesn't appear as though Tanaan will be in the vein of TI, or fortunately what ever your view may be. At least in respect to showering you w/epics.
    My beloved priestess gets showered with epics and affection in raids.
    My alts, well I only really like playing alts in 5mans anyway, so they make due with what falls through the cracks. Doubt they'll ever get the needed item level for mythic dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Now when I did the same thing back in MoP the results were very different unfortunetly I didn't save them and have since updated my PC.
    Probably looked like this:
    [Shrine] 20
    [Timeless Isle] 20
    [Various dungeons/raids] 10

Besides Warbringer farming there wasn't much to do on the main continent of Pandaria.

Deleted
    Lastly I did a /who 100
    Garrison - 22
    Nagrad - 4
    Ashran - 4
    BRF - 10
    Various old content - 10
    The list is capped at 50, try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    The list is capped at 50, try again.
    I wonder what the function actually gives you.
    Does it give you "percentage related" hits or does it simply grab the first players in sight and list them?