Deleted
    I think /who is limited to 50.

And that UI uses /who.

If you use something like

/who shadowmoon 90-99

it should give you the leveling chars in that area.

Works only if you are on the continent.

On a localized client you need to use the local name. As like Schattenmondtal in german.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2015-05-01 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

Probably looked like this:
    [Shrine] 20
    [Timeless Isle] 20
    [Various dungeons/raids] 10

Besides Warbringer farming there wasn't much to do on the main continent of Pandaria.
    When I did it back then (now mind you working just off memory) during the drought I did a /who for each zone. At that time each zone had somewhere between 20-25 people it. W/the exception of course of TI that would normally have close to the max 50. Isle of Thunder however showed players in the single digits

Shrine always had max though.

Maybe my server just saw more activity in things like pet battles, archeology, and just doing dailies for the hell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    The list is capped at 50, try again.
    Lol .. yeah that is why I did each zone to or did you miss that part?

So yes even if it hadn't capped at 50 I would just see more people in instanced content, old content or their garrisons.

So how bout you Try again.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    When I did it back then (now mind you working just off memory) during the drought I did a /who for each zone. At that time each zone had somewhere between 20-25 people it. W/the exception of course of TI that would normally have close to the max 50. Isle of Thunder however showed players in the single digits

Shrine always had max though.

Maybe my server just saw more activity in things like pet battles, archeology, and just doing dailies for the hell of it.

Lol .. yeah that is why I did each zone to or did you miss that part?

So yes even if it hadn't capped at 50 I would just see more people in instanced content, old content or their garrisons.

So how bout you Try again.
    So when are you going to relate any of this to flight?

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I think /who is limited to 50.
    yah that is right it will only give you 50

It is really sad that WoW is slowly turning into a lobby game w/leveling content. Seems to me no flight is playing a significant part in that, just makes the existing content we have more tedious and annoying aka not worth doing.

I fail to see one positive aspect that removing flight has brought to your typical PVE player. Is it enough to make them quit probably not but I would wager real money that if they took a poll as you logged in w/a simple flight yes or no ... you would see a overwhelming majority if favor of it.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2015-05-01 at 11:30 PM.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    I'm going to drop this here and note how it's locked, as they don't want to talk about no-flying anymore:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17260666064

They don't care what you want. They want the game THEY want. Just like Cata. You are just paying for the privilege to tag along. Your feedback doesn't matter here, or there, or anywhere -- they *refuse* to listen. That, right there, is the start of the end in my opinion. But I'm a ton foil wearing person. We will see...
    I don't think this type of approach works short term. However, long term I think this is starting to wear Blizz down and they instant lock threads now.

In my opinion, feedback whether it is positive or negative, constructive or hyperbole is valuable. It hinges on if Blizzard is willing to sit down and discuss the topic at hand.

I'm going to drop this here and note how it's locked, as they don't want to talk about no-flying anymore:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17260666064
    I do remember that years ago I read a developer of another MMO bashing how small Azeroth was. Can't remember which game developer was and I couldn't find the article anymore.

Anyway, his explanation was along the lines: "Azeroth is really small. Blizzard is tricking their player base by making their travel really slow. That's why it seems big."

I was a fanboy (read: naive) at the time...

It's worth noting that Gorgrond numbers can be inflated by Poundfist camping. Which I guess you can call outdoor content, but it's pretty much a lot of sitting around and chatting in /raid.

And I think my troll wheel is going to be that Blizzard never suggested they were going to offer anything new in terms of content to the outdoor world and only asserted that the game is better without flying, therefore anyone who was expecting something other than what they gave was only misleading themselves.

Anyway, his explanation was along the lines: "Azeroth is really small. Blizzard is tricking their player base by making their travel really slow. That's why it seems big."
    To be honest, I think Draenor would have felt bigger, more exciting and holding more to explore if the questing didn't soccer mom you through the maze making sure you hit every point of interest and then hurrying you on to your next appointment leaving nothing except level 100 Apexis grinding areas and raid entrances out. When I went back and looked and saw I'd pretty much been everywhere and that the questing pretty much ensured there was no exploration to be had it felt so weird. The world looks lovely, but it's so strangely utilitarian. There isn't even a pretense.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    To be honest, I think Draenor would have felt bigger, more exciting and holding more to explore if the questing didn't soccer mom you through the maze making sure you hit every point of interest and then hurrying you on to your next appointment leaving nothing except level 100 Apexis grinding areas and raid entrances out. When I went back and looked and saw I'd pretty much been everywhere and that the questing pretty much ensured there was no exploration to be had it felt so weird. The world looks lovely, but it's so strangely utilitarian. There isn't even a pretense.
    I feel the same. It doesn't matter how big the world is when you don't want to go out there.

PS to manypillars: you doble-space after periods. I'd imagine you're older than I am (37). I had a north-american colleague that went nuts because I didn't know how to type - I don't double-space after periods - fun discussion.

It's simple, flying makes you a spoiled little bitch and no flying makes you appreciate the game more. Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by snowmanboy View Post
    ...and no flying makes you appreciate other games more. Think about it.
    Fixed that for you.

Flying or not, what makes people play is cool content. If WoD had flying now, there would not be any difference. Only thing would be you fly to raid entrance on your own mount. Most people stay in garrison and queue for stuff cause theres nothing else to do. Thats the big issue here. Not if our mounts takes us to the skies or on ground.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's simple, flying makes you a spoiled little bitch and no flying makes you appreciate the game more. Think about it.
    What's wrong with being spoiled? Blizzard should spoil us.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderNerò87 View Post
    Flying or not, what makes people play is cool content. If WoD had flying now, there would not be any difference. Only thing would be you fly to raid entrance on your own mount. Most people stay in garrison and queue for stuff cause theres nothing else to do. Thats the big issue here. Not if our mounts takes us to the skies or on ground.
    Yes and No

I stay subbed during a significant chunk of the content drought. Why simple there were things I wanted to do, Pet Battles, Archeology etc etc etc.

Disabling flight doesn't effect that fact that I want to do these things, it does effect my willingness to do them. Adding the tediousness and annoyance of WoWs collision mechanics, terrain inconsistency, and leveling mobs so tightly packed you either leash them to your objective and and hope that they lose interest, take 5 minutes to avoid them or take 5 minutes to kill them isn't fun or engaging.

It sure as hell doesn't make me appreciate the game more

Yeah I could never see myself staying in a content drought without flying mounts in WotLK, Cata DS, and SoO. Flying mounts allow you to access aspects that you want to work on for the day you log in (eg dailies, professions, etc). Your options shrink when you factor in time to travel to a site by ground mount.

If you are using a ground mount you are a spoiled little bitch. You should be walking. Mounts are too fast and don't keep you immersed in the content. You need to see every spec of dust on every blade of grass every single time you pass it for eternity. Ground mounts don't let you do that and ruin the game. Think about it... dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Erm... even back in the TBC days, they stated multiple times that, while feedback is always welcome, WoW is NOT an open source project.
    So, we always "paid for the privilege to tag along in a world they created according to their vision".
    Your point would hold value if, any only if they held constructive feedback from their community - which they don't. Also I don't think you understand what Open Source is.

Their arrogance and ignorance where shown when they wanted RealID on the forums. My name on the forums. They specifically stated nothing could change their mind. Up until a fool of a Blue put simply his name. In short order his life was in danger. Personally, as mean as this sounds, I would have enjoyed seeing him losing an arm or a log as a consequence. That being said Holinka and Co (TM) don't care if you or I die -- their lawyers care. Personally, I should this should be cost them their social, financialy, and job. Why? Because someone could have bee KILLED because they are fucking morons.

So sure, I cant count on my hands and toes where community feedback mattered. Why? Because they hire morons who can't either math or understand the REAL WORLD and how dangerous it is. Their arrogance is appalling.

I'd like to challenge the PTR community to purely test for bugs. NOTHING ELSE. No balance, no nothing. Find out just how much the designes claim to know and watch what happens.

Deleted
    Brandon, is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Yes and No

I stay subbed during a significant chunk of the content drought. Why simple there were things I wanted to do, Pet Battles, Archeology etc etc etc.

Disabling flight doesn't effect that fact that I want to do these things, it does effect my willingness to do them. Adding the tediousness and annoyance of WoWs collision mechanics, terrain inconsistency, and leveling mobs so tightly packed you either leash them to your objective and and hope that they lose interest, take 5 minutes to avoid them or take 5 minutes to kill them isn't fun or engaging.

It sure as hell doesn't make me appreciate the game more
    Oh I understand that. its very convinient to fly wherever you want. That said, theres not much to do outside of the garrison. It really is not. Im trying to imagine us being on ground when pandaria was current with all those dailys and daily story driven ones. Would it be more cool? I dont know.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your point would hold value if, any only if they held constructive feedback from their community - which they don't. Also I don't think you understand what Open Source is.
    I do honey, I do.
    I merely quoted in free form what Blizzard CMs stated quite a number of times when people go "rawr why you no feedback implement?!"

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars
    And I think my troll wheel is going to be that Blizzard never suggested they were going to offer anything new in terms of content to the outdoor world and only asserted that the game is better without flying, therefore anyone who was expecting something other than what they gave was only misleading themselves.

You are actually incorrect. They talked about dynamic events (comparable to those in guild wars) and "other cool stuff they have in store for us" and told us to "hold our (flying)horses until we can see it for ourselves".
    I tried to find the quote for that, but w/o remembering the wording that's nearly impossible given the hundreds of flying related topics that pop up when you enter stuff like that into Google.

It seems that all that never made it out of the conceptual phase and Blizzard just went: "Ah sod it, no one is gonna care about the open world at max level anyway."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderNerò87 View Post
    Im trying to imagine us being on ground when pandaria was current with all those dailys and daily story driven ones. Would it be more cool? I dont know.
    No it wouldn't, because they would just have planted a flightpath next to every daily quest location to minimize travel time.

Their arrogance and ignorance where shown when they wanted RealID on the forums. My name on the forums. They specifically stated nothing could change their mind. Up until a fool of a Blue put simply his name. In short order his life was in danger. Personally, as mean as this sounds, I would have enjoyed seeing him losing an arm or a log as a consequence. That being said Holinka and Co (TM) don't care if you or I die -- their lawyers care. Personally, I should this should be cost them their social, financialy, and job. Why? Because someone could have bee KILLED because they are fucking morons.

So sure, I cant count on my hands and toes where community feedback mattered. Why? Because they hire morons who can't either math or understand the REAL WORLD and how dangerous it is. Their arrogance is appalling.

I'd like to challenge the PTR community to purely test for bugs. NOTHING ELSE. No balance, no nothing. Find out just how much the designes claim to know and watch what happens.
    If this is the basis of how you think constructive feedback works, I'd say they're in their full right ignoring toxic posts like this. Literally the most insane thing I've read in this thread.

Going from a discussion on "flying" to "They don't care if you die in real life" is borderline sociopathic.

OT: If anything, this game needs more compelling outdoor content, not a game-disruptive traveling mechanic.