Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Before they had a set time when flying will be back in. They said it will be back in 6.1 and will probably involve an epic quest. NOW they claim they don't know when it will be in. They are clear with their intent to remove flying from WoD. Why else would they defend that stance with that post?
    Speculation.

Next.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Then I would suggest we leave in both options and hit to larger part of the player base. Removing flying will alienate players.
    Blizzard is designing this content with being on the ground in mind so this is not an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    then it's very clear you haven't been reading this thread for very long.

Hell, just your helicopter problem has been addressed multiple times with various ways to limit it and not just use of caves and buildings.

I'll recap a few examples.

Spiders/mobs in trees or towers that only aggro upwards with the ability to pull targets and dismount them. You cannot pull them from the ground unless you do so on your own as they only look upwards.

Quest mobs that can pull or dismount players flying with extended range, yet not enough range that if you want to simply fly past them and have no interest in them, you can do so.

Quest completion mobs/tokens or events that do not just stand or are placed in open world around. Certain things have to be done before they appear.

Those are just off the top of my head to hinder your helicopter problem.

There have been multiple solutions and ways to keep flying in game and balance it a little better with ground running. Too bad blizzard isn't as good at brainstorming as MMO-C posters.

It's also quite clear that Blizz don't want to have to consider putting in counter measures against flying in every open world quest they do. It'd be work they'd have to do that does not contribute to the questing experience and hence reduces the amount of content they can put out (or would delay WoD even more...) and feels utterly contrived.

Flight may have been around for a long time but there are no game mechanics associated with it and it's very rare that Blizz included it in any meaningful game play that couldn't have been done another way (mostly gating content in a trivial fashion). I think you'd be fairer if you claimed that Blizzard have been lazy in developing content for flight - far more applicable. Most content they've added that involves flight involves you on their special mounts rather than free flight on your mount. Most of the remaining content you have to do on your own mount could be done with special mounts. It's as if they struggled to find a use for flight beyond sightseeing and skipping content.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Flying is not the main reason people aren't helping each other. The main reason people aren't helping each other is because it's actively disencouraged by the game. WoW's tagging system is terrible, outdated, and leads to egoistic gameplay.

If people got XP and loot whenever they helped someone kill something, everybody would help each other out and kill stuff together. Just like it works when you're in a party, except you wouldn't need to be in a party.

So why not start with that, and instead attack flying? People still won't help each other even if they can't fly, they never did that, because they won't get contribution.
    This. Pretty much every single thing people avoid by using flight is a fscked up Blizsign where it's an absolute waste of time to do X so we just skip it.
    However, fixing broken features and actually performing design and storytelling worth the name is incomparably more challenging and costly than banning flight or paid boosts - the latter are much more realistic for current Bliz dev team and the money any sane investor could ever want to spend on them.
    Last edited by urieliszcze; 2014-04-30 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's not that there's no flying, it's that they're taking flying away. an established part of the game, with a multitude of mounts dedicated solely to flying, all being anally raped by *expletive starting with a C* who want a game back they probably never played.
    No mounts are solely flying though. Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    No mounts are solely flying though. Nice try.
    Ashe would like to speak with you! I cannot use it in ground mount only places :P

You can use it on the ground in WoD, it will just look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    You can use it on the ground in WoD, it will just look stupid.
    that is true :P I was just pointing out some mounts were never designed to work on the ground. Ashes* that is :P

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    that is true :P I was just pointing out some mounts were never designed to work on the ground. Ashes* that is :P
    This one is made exponentially worse because it is THE staple mount from TBC. When you think of TBC and you think of mounts you conjure up one of two things: either Ashes or Netherwing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    This one is made exponentially worse because it is THE staple mount from TBC. When you think of TBC and you think of mounts you conjure up one of two things: either Ashes or Netherwing.
    Uh...
    Midnight, Nether Ray, Horseman's Reins, and Roflcopters all come to my mind before Ashes. But that's probably just me.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Uh...
    Midnight, Nether Ray, Horseman's Reins, and Roflcopters all come to my mind before Ashes. But that's probably just me.
    I thought roflcopters were wrath or has my mind finally been lost?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=34061
    Added 2.3

Motorcycles got added in wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Motorcycles got added in wrath.
    Ah it was the choppers wasnt it. Sorry got mixed up. Yeh the stupid Wrath bikes, rofl copters were TBC! Yep Mind was lost :P

If there is no flight until 6.1, or after, it will be a big deal for some players. The pro-ground crowd needs to understand how the pro-flight crowd feels. Imagine the roles were reversed and you just found out the next expansion took place high in the clouds ABOVE Azeroth, and ground mounts were being given flying abilities. Seeing both sides of the coin is important, I get that now, but really makes no difference since I no longer have an axe to grind. So, I wish you all good luck in 6.X. From the looks of it, you are going to need it.

*Edited to express the ultimate opinion and get the thread back on topic.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2014-05-05 at 02:57 PM.

Please spare us the melodramatic rhetoric, just provide a link to a blog in your signature or something for those foolish (and sadistic) enough to seek out your updated opinions after returning from your initial forum ban here.

The final step to fully disavowing WoW - is to also delete your forum account here too. Because its very cliche (but not very convincing) to return to WoW forums telling everyone how you've found a newer, younger and prettier love elsewhere. We all know how long that will last, lol.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2014-05-05 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Snip
    So you'd vote for the guy who hands out free steaks on election day.

Ashe would like to speak with you! I cannot use it in ground mount only places :P
    Not in WoD, which is what's being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    After a week away from the forums, and just about the same from the game, I wanted to say thank you, to everyone in this thread. You've all made me realize something. I wasn't fooling anyone but myself when I was still a White Knight and a FanBoy for Blizz. I defended every decision they made up until this one, regardless of what it was, or how great/horrible it turned out. I just wanted to defend Blizzard's right to do to their game what they chose to do. In keeping with that tradition, I will do so once more.

Blizz, this is your game. If you want to remove things and feel it is a smart move, then go for it. After all, this is your MMO. Unsubbing, uninstalling, and perma-deleting my account was an even better move than I had ever hoped. In the midst of feeling sorry about the game, and the new path it seems to want, I found myself looking at the SWTOR icon on my desktop. So I figured, why not. After the update, I logged in, still in my F2P mode, and looked at my Jedi. Imagine my surprise when I found 10 pieces of mail in my mailbox, some almost a year old.

I opened 8 crates, and two companion pets. Each item came with a letter from Bioware thanking me for being a part of their game and hoped I would continue to enjoy my time in the newest expansion that just raised the level from 50 to 55. My first thought "Ok, how much will this cost me?" Turns out, when I updated, I got the expansion for free, along with a new title, some new pilot suits (all modable gear), and a paint unlock for my new Starfighter. This couldn't be right. I had been a preferred member for a year, not a sub. There must be a mistake. So I rolled a new character. I get through my initial cutscene and found my mailbox filled with 10 items. So I did it again, and again just to make sure there was no mistake.

This never happened to me in WoW. I was confused. almost 8 years of subs and thousands of dollars spent on services, but the only thing I ever got in my mailbox was a Safari Hat, which I had to earn and unlock after a couple weeks of playing. So, I wanted to say Thank You to everyone who allowed me just enough rope to hang myself by shooting my mouth off in a thread I created last week. It allowed me to permanently walk away from this game and go back to a game that left the light on for me, and the covers turned down.

If there is no flight until 6.1, or after, it will be a big deal for some players. The pro-ground crowd needs to understand how the pro-flight crowd feels. Imagine the roles were reversed and you just found out the next expansion took place high in the clouds ABOVE Azeroth, and ground mounts were being given flying abilities. Seeing both sides of the coin is important, I get that now, but really makes no difference since I no longer have an axe to grind. So, I wish you all good luck in 6.X. From the looks of it, you are going to need it.
    Good post and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Please spare us the melodramatic rhetoric, just provide a link to a blog in your signature or something for those foolish (and sadistic) enough to seek out your updated opinions after returning from your initial forum ban here.

The final step to fully disavowing WoW - is to also delete your forum account here too. Because its very cliche (but not very convincing) to return to WoW forums telling everyone how you've found a newer, younger and prettier love elsewhere. We all know how long that will last, lol.
    There are still SWTOR threads on this site. I'll be spending my time over there. Thanks for responding though. Nice to see nothing's changed and I made the better choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steppinrazor View Post
    So you'd vote for the guy who hands out free steaks on election day.
    No, I would vote for the guy who appreciated people being there to vote. Not charging them for parking, and charging them an admission fee, and then charging them for better seating, and then charging them for that steak. Great... now I am hungry for steak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Good post and good luck!
    Thank mate. I wish you well also. Best of luck to ya!

Have you permanently terminated your account yet, Superman? I want those screenshots yo!