10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    Right, I'm the fool here...

The people who shout down those who defend Blizzard's actions do it because they have no better argument. If you resort to the "fanboy" argument, you've automatically lost. Pretty much a subset of Godwin's Law.
    Calling MYSELF a fanboy is not the same as calling someone else one. Also, Godwin's law talks about Nazis... not fanboys. At this point I think you are just struggling to keep up in the conversation. Maybe just post in one thread at a time

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loucy View Post
    Some peope prefer this change, as the aspect of flying kind of destroyed some parts of the game. But the people who's not satisfied will always be the loudest.
    Let's say that they would scrap the idea, and suddenly say that flying will be in from the start, you would hear whining from the other direction instead.
    There's always two sides of a coin, some of you better remember that.
    What really destroyed parts of the game was (at least for those that say flying killed wpvp) the implementation of the CRZ's and the revamp of the older zone the Hillsbrad Foothills. CRZ's have turned most zone into shadow games, where people can pop in and out constantly. I don't mind the occasional ganker, because it gave me reason to jump on a main and give the person a dose of their own medicine. However, if they have the ability to pop in and out of the zone, it makes engaging the mostly impossible.

Phasing has also had a tremendous impact on people that have quested to different level with in the content to be unable to see one another. Flying if anything should have made it easier for everyone to get to point A to do massive wpvp, but if half of the group can't see the other half, then you can have the epic battles of old anymore. I would argue the shit that Blizzard has done to the world at large has pretty much killed all what used to go on in the world, due to the type of phasing they been doing. I remember back in LK when raiding, I could never help summon people to ICC, simply because I got the Loremaster title for Northrend and most if not all my guild group hardly did any quest in Icecrown. My dot would show up on the mini map, but I would be in another phase altogether from the rest.

I was on one of the highest pop rppvp realms all the way through and up to Cata. Wpvp was dying in LK towards the end, we had maybe 6 guilds total from both sides. Most times it got to the point where we were lucky if 25 people from both side showed up. This was long before they put flying in the lower part of the world, so flying was barely a blimp on the screen at that point.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2014-05-25 at 01:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixdraw View Post
    What really destroyed parts of the game was (at least for those that say flying killed wpvp) the implementation of the CRZ's and the revamp of the older zone the Hillsbrad Foothills. CRZ's have turned most zone into shadow games, where people can pop in and out constantly. I don't mind the occasional ganker, because it gave me reason to jump on a main and give the person a dose of their own medicine. However, if they have the ability to pop in and out of the zone, it makes engaging the mostly impossible.

Phasing has also had a tremendous impact on people that have quested to different level with in the content to be unable to see one another. Flying if anything should have made it easier for everyone to get to point A to do massive wpvp, but if half of the group can't see the other half, then you can have the epic battles of old anymore. I would argue the shit that Blizzard has done to the world at large has pretty much killed all what used to go on in the world, due to the type of phasing they been doing. I remember back in LK when raiding, I could never help summon people to ICC, simply because I got the Loremaster title for Northrend and most if not all my guild group hardly did any quest in Icecrown. My dot would show up on the mini map, but I would be in another phase altogether from the rest.

I was on one of the highest pop rppvp realms all the way through and up to Cata. Wpvp was dying in LK towards the end, we had maybe 6 guilds total from both sides. Most times it was getting the point where we were lucky if 25 people from both side showed up. This was long before they put flying in the lower part of the world, so flying was barely a blimp on the screen at that point.
    Wanna know what killed World PvP? Instances and queues. It used to be you had to go out to the BG and wait at the entrance to enter. This gave both sides a chance to ambush one another. The MINUTE we were given BattleMasters and BG queues, where we could sit in the city and chat while waiting, there was no longer a need to go out in the world. Same thing with LFD and LFR. On PvP world, you used to meet at meeting stones, and fights would erupt. Now, you just queue up, keep shopping in the AH, and then click Join when it pops. No more venturing out in the world. But, for those of us who WANT to venture out in the world, we get to do so (maybe permanently in the new zones) on a ground mount, because instances killed World PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Calling MYSELF a fanboy is not the same as calling someone else one. Also, Godwin's law talks about Nazis... not fanboys. At this point I think you are just struggling to keep up in the conversation. Maybe just post in one thread at a time
    I wonder sometimes if you have any mental capacity at all to engage in a reasonable discussion. Probably not, considering your posting history, but I digress.

You are not worth my time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder sometimes if you have any mental capacity at all to engage in a reasonable discussion. Probably not, considering your posting history, but I digress.

As you are not worth mine. Good day.

Exactly what the hell have you brought to the discussion? You haven't had one viable anti flight argument besides " blizzard knows best" bullshit.

Feel free to leave this thread anytime fella, you haven't said anything meaningful anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterSword View Post
    I can tell you I was not consulted
    Well no shit. They don't listen to individual players, they listen to demographics and general concensus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Well no shit. They don't listen to individual players, they listen to demographics and general concensus.
    Basically they have all this data & they go by what they think is the best move, Now I don't like or hate the idea of no Flying. I'm a Druid people try to get a cast time put on my flight form & it will never happen. But I will live, what I do is raiding & i don't need a flying mount in raids so I'm good. I got alot of cool Ground mounts I never get to use unless on Thunder or Timeless Isle.

Their are people on this forum, who will go after Blizzard for any decision they make & their are people who will defend any decision, some do it blindly & some with common sense. But to those people your just a fanboy because they have no arguement against you & they have to resort to insults as the only way to feel like they won. Also they will jump into any complaining thread going *rabble* *rabble* *rabble* raise your torch & pitchfork against blizzard.

Than you got the people who have this personal vendetta that they need to make sure every person in the world knows how pissed they are & they why they quit & better yet refunded or that they will be playing another mmo etc. It eventually it gets sad & annoying that sometimes you confuse the people giving actual proper criticism / feedback with the people who act like dumbasses.

Most of the stuff not all of it though that people complain about are excuses, it shows how casual & you could say dumbed down the game has gotten, But I think it is the players themselves more than the game. If you really need flying mounts to enjoy the game than you have to be a casual that only does LFR. No Tier gear in LFR (Fuck you Blizzard, I pay 15 bucks I deserve the best gear)

This is Blizzard's fault that made people have this mentality, they made people feel like they didn't have to put effort into the game. They gave the entitled casuals a voice & if they never did that they wouldn't be in this mess.

I want know how many of the people who actually put effort into the game, no gearing up for LFR doesn't count as effort. Actually really care of no Flying with launch, we already from the whining & the original plan Flying will be back in 6.1, when we all head over to Faralohn.

If whining entitled casuals want to leave cause of no flying let them, you don't need those kind of people in any game.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2014-05-25 at 06:34 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Yeah, the reversal of dungeon difficulty never happened nor did dailies become less prevalent...
    Again, you're just equating things which are completely unrelated to back up a point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    It didn't. It showed me how many people were willing shout at us for defending Blizz. Also, according to the masses in the threads when it comes to hardcore vs casual, most content is not being over tuned for the 10% of the raiders who want it to be harder, it is being dumbed down for the 90% of the casual players who raid socially, or only use LFR.

Unless this is your first time at MMO-C, and you have NEVER seen a Hardcore vs. Casual debate, I have to assume you are just playing the fool.
    And you see, your last couple posts show exactly why you've been everything wrong with the community on both sides of the fence.

You used to blindly defend all of Blizzard's bullshit decisions even if you didn't agree with them, and now it appears you blindly shit on them.

Why can't people use critical thought and create their own opinion on each decision as it happens? Rather than feeling the need to mindlessly defend or shit on a billion dollar company.

They're a COMPANY, there's no personal relationship there, they're not your friends or your enemy. I disagree with most of Blizzard's decisions over the last few years, but I can see merit in some such as this.
    Last edited by wych; 2014-05-25 at 09:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I disagree with most of Blizzard's decisions over the last few years, but I can see merit in some such as this.
    Merits for Blizzard, yes. Lots of gametime minutes played plus thanks to reducing travel speed from 280% to 100% and even more by increasing the length of the pathes to take.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Merits for Blizzard, yes. Lots of gametime minutes played plus thanks to reducing travel speed from 280% to 100% and even more by increasing the length of the pathes to take.
    There's now 377 pages having this debate and many points have been raised on both sides, i'm not going to go over the same ground again.

Deleted
    There's now 377 pages having this debate and many points have been raised on both sides, i'm not going to go over the same ground again.
    You may ignore whatever argument you like.

Deleted
    Im not too fussed, am kind of looking forward to it if anything.

Again, you're just equating things which are completely unrelated to back up a point.
    What? So you are denying that they were two things that Blizzard thought were good ideas until it blew up in their faces costing millions of subs?

Deleted
    I doubt removing flying will cost a lot of subs. I think removing tier gear from LFR will cost more.

Deleted
    So many dramaqueens here about this no flying, big deal play some other game instead if flying was so important to you. *shrugs*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saetia View Post
    So many dramaqueens here about this no flying, big deal play some other game instead if flying was so important to you. *shrugs*
    Wow. Insightful post. Welcome to the forums. Glad we could be your 9th post.

Flying is not the issue. Lackluster expansion and removal of a key feature in current content is the issue. If they were removing RAIDING, instead of flying, and telling everyone LFR is your new resource (ground mounts), how fast would people shit a brick and BAIL on this game? To some people, casuals like myself, flying is such a key component in our gameplay, and style, to have it removed LESSENS the fun factor. I do just fine in GW2, Rift, and SWTOR without flying mounts, because they were never a part of the game. But when you spend THOUSANDS of dollars, and man hours playing, over a course of 8 years, and then purchase an IRON HORDE Sky Reaver, and a Collector's Edition with a FLYING mount, you expect there to be flight in the NEW content you are paying for. So yeah, being lied to is never fun. Unsubbed and deleted all 3 BNet accounts. I am willing to take a stand on behalf of a game I have enjoyed for almost a decade. I doubt others would ever take such a stance.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quite frankly I love the fact that people will be more on the ground now.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    I'll be on the ground...

...in Wildstar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Will make ganking easier, I'm sure. Especially at the Red Portal.