1. #7381
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    They are gone. I even tossed out the Hearthstone and D3 that went with it.
    We all know the majority of your time on these forums is spent trying to get as much attention as possible. After promising screen shots of your account deletion, i highly doubt you would pass up all that attention and just p.m. them to one person (a person who i know would cover for you). I strongly call bull shit on this until im proven wrong.

  2. #7382
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookofblade View Post
    combine flying and ground mounts into just mounts because they already said you will be able to use all your flying mounts on the ground. Once you do that what on your list is being effected by this change in a negative way? More than one im betting will be effected in a positive way
    Pvp? Negative way. Should their be wpvp forced on someone, the victim can't opt out and fly away. They will resort to logging out and in the end not play the game.

    Dungeons? Negative way. ( see raids)

    Raids? Negative way. It will now take that much longer getting everyone to raids.

    Ground mounts? N/A

    Flying mounts? Negative way. Most look really bad while used as a ground mount.

    Quests to level? Negative way. For alts this creates a longer time sink as we are forced into ground mounts to level an alt from 90 to 100.

    Quests at max level? Negative way. It now creates a longer time sink to complete those tasks.

    Flight paths? Negative way. Now I am forced into using them, and I don't enjoy using them.

    World bosses? Rare mobs? Negative way, it takes now linger to get to them, increasing the chance that they will be dead before you get there.

    Exploration at max level? Negative way. Now I just won't do it.

    Mat farming? Negative way. It will now take much longer to farm the equivalent amount of mats you could farm with a flying mount.


    What was your point again?

  3. #7383
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookofblade View Post
    combine flying and ground mounts into just mounts because they already said you will be able to use all your flying mounts on the ground. Once you do that what on your list is being effected by this change in a negative way? More than one im betting will be effected in a positive way
    No, you can't combine them into just mounts, they are 2 seperate forms of transport, and when done effectively, you can not use one to access the places you can with the other.

    Flying mounts could have just as much relevance to max level content going forward as Blizz imagines, but imo it seems imagination is the limiting factor.

  4. #7384
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Because they recognize the game will be better off without it, and are prepared to make a bold decision to fix this issue which has dragged on far too long now.
    But they don't recognize that, and they aren't prepared to make the decision. They just dance around saying "maybe", "We don't know" and "let's see what happens".

    So until they are actually prepared to make the decision, they are not getting any more of my money.

  5. #7385
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    But they don't recognize that, and they aren't prepared to make the decision. They just dance around saying "maybe", "We don't know" and "let's see what happens".

    So until they are actually prepared to make the decision, they are not getting any more of my money.
    I agree with them taking away flying, but I fully agree with you Idoru. THey should just make a fucking decision instead of this wishy washy bullshit. Remove or keep, tired of your shit bro.

  6. #7386
    Banned -Superman-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Unsubbed til flight returns.
    Posts
    10,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    We all know the majority of your time on these forums is spent trying to get as much attention as possible. After promising screen shots of your account deletion, i highly doubt you would pass up all that attention and just p.m. them to one person (a person who i know would cover for you). I strongly call bull shit on this until im proven wrong.
    I forwarded it to you in a PM. I am not going to drag it into the thread and use it to attract the attention of trolls.

  7. #7387
    I am Murloc! Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    5,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    But they don't recognize that, and they aren't prepared to make the decision. They just dance around saying "maybe", "We don't know" and "let's see what happens".

    So until they are actually prepared to make the decision, they are not getting any more of my money.
    This.

    I would encourage those who may have already bought the expansion in hopes it would have flying to get a refund.

    A lot of their posturing on the subject is due in large to the fact that if they'd say "No" outright to flying it would hurt pre-purchase and subscriber numbers prematurely.

    It looks better on them to say it after the fact than before. Especially the way this game is going.

  8. #7388
    Brewmaster Nayaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Land of Tin Foil hats
    Posts
    1,346
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    No what they recognized is they need to slow content consumption and this is the easiest and laziest way to do it. Especially when viewed that it will affect everyone, everywhere.
    ...
    This is a theme park game. It's all about the "fun" not the standing in line till you get to the fun.
    I like your posts. The purpose of removing flight is to slow down content consumption so Blizzard doesn't have to spend more money to create more content.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    This.

    I would encourage those who may have already bought the expansion in hopes it would have flying to get a refund.

    A lot of their posturing on the subject is due in large to the fact that if they'd say "No" outright to flying it would hurt pre-purchase and subscriber numbers prematurely.

    It looks better on them to say it after the fact than before. Especially the way this game is going.
    This is correct, they can't say no flying now (even if it is their intent), they don't want to lose pre-orders and current subscriptions. They want us to try it out and hope the major of people are willing to keep paying. Very dishonest of Blizzard.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Oh bull. Most people will just go, "Oh, I can't fly. That sucks. " and then continue playing.
    This response is what Blizzard is betting on in their huge gamble of removing flight.

  9. #7389
    Epic!
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The country that all others depend on
    Posts
    1,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post

    This response is what Blizzard is betting on in their huge gamble of removing flight.
    You know how defiant little kids can be. Even when this officially happens and many subs are lost, the little kids in here will just say 'it's only because the game is 10 years old'.

  10. #7390
    Brewmaster Nayaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Land of Tin Foil hats
    Posts
    1,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    You know how defiant little kids can be. Even when this officially happens and many subs are lost, the little kids in here will just say 'it's only because the game is 10 years old'.
    The fanboys and white knights will continue to claim that flight will return to WoD and we just have to "give it a try" and "wait and see". When we get to the end of the expac and still have no flight, they will proclaim no flight a fantastic success (no matter how many subscriptions are lost) and will continue to kiss Blizzards ass no matter what stupid things they do in the game.

  11. #7391
    Epic!
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The country that all others depend on
    Posts
    1,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    The fanboys and white knights will continue to claim that flight will return to WoD and we just have to "give it a try" and "wait and see". When we get to the end of the expac and still have no flight, they will proclaim no flight a fantastic success (no matter how many subscriptions are lost) and will continue to kiss Blizzards ass no matter what stupid things they do in the game.
    Yeah I don't buy that though. Generally speaking, if nobody complains nothing gets done. Instead of waiting for the masses to tell them how stupid it is, I am trying to tell them ahead of time. They won't listen to people in beta, they won't even listen at launch, they will only listen when they think that investors will care. We are truly just a number to them.

    I used to have respect for blizzard for their ability to make games, and the way they viewed their players. Things have really changed there. Their games are good, their customer service if you have a problem is good, but their PR is horrible, and ability to project a vision is even worse. The number of things they have changed or gone back on for the sake of money is troubling.

  12. #7392
    Brewmaster Nayaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Land of Tin Foil hats
    Posts
    1,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    Yeah I don't buy that though. Generally speaking, if nobody complains nothing gets done. Instead of waiting for the masses to tell them how stupid it is, I am trying to tell them ahead of time. They won't listen to people in beta, they won't even listen at launch, they will only listen when they think that investors will care. We are truly just a number to them.

    I used to have respect for blizzard for their ability to make games, and the way they viewed their players. Things have really changed there. Their games are good, their customer service if you have a problem is good, but their PR is horrible, and ability to project a vision is even worse. The number of things they have changed or gone back on for the sake of money is troubling.
    The question is, will enough of us vote with our wallet and get Blizzards attention? Because they don't give a shit if we like the change or not, they give a shit if we stop paying them money.

  13. #7393
    Banned -Superman-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Unsubbed til flight returns.
    Posts
    10,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    The question is, will enough of us vote with our wallet and get Blizzards attention? Because they don't give a shit if we like the change or not, they give a shit if we stop paying them money.
    Been there, and done that. Cancelled and deleted all 3 accounts. 8 years of loyalty and $5k spent. Even ditched D3 and Hearthstone.

  14. #7394
    Epic!
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The country that all others depend on
    Posts
    1,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    The question is, will enough of us vote with our wallet and get Blizzards attention? Because they don't give a shit if we like the change or not, they give a shit if we stop paying them money.

    From a company perspective I think that is the right approach. And as players we have allowed this to become this way. Too many players complain about everything all of the time, so it's hard to tell an actual concern with noise. When people don't leave it's noise, when they leave it's not. This is a major issue, and I think many players will leave as a result. I don't think blizzard really understands that flight has allowed people to stay subbed for much longer than normal.

    I spent a month doing pet battles, and another 2 flying around doing archeology while sitting I a queue for PVP. There is no way I would do those items without flight. Not to mention I can do both of those things multiple times in the same day. How much time has been spent farming flying mounts?

    This will not have a positive impact. I guarantee it.

  15. #7395
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Been there, and done that. Cancelled and deleted all 3 accounts. 8 years of loyalty and $5k spent. Even ditched D3 and Hearthstone.
    Why did you do that. I hate the change as well.

    They are going to revert it. The anti fly community is simply too small.

    I have been going in game encouraging people to come and post about it. People do not know flying is on the chopping block. They do not believe blizzard would do that to them.

  16. #7396
    Banned -Superman-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Unsubbed til flight returns.
    Posts
    10,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Why did you do that. I hate the change as well.

    They are going to revert it. The anti fly community is simply too small.

    I have been going in game encouraging people to come and post about it. People do not know flying is on the chopping block. They do not believe blizzard would do that to them.
    I will share with you the same reason I shared with Ordinator in a Private Message:

    While I agree the decision may seem hasty, it was mine to make. I wanted them to get just ONE piece of feedback from someone willing to permanently destroy 8 years of enjoyable game-play all because of their stance on "possibly" no flight in Draenor. If 6.1 comes, and flight is added into the new zones, I may pick up a new copy of the game, take the free boost, and recreate my Druid. I may miss the mounts, achievements, and all that gold, but the most important part of this game for me is the freedom that comes with shape-shifting into a storm crow and soaring high above the world, and then swooping in, meeting up with fellow druids, and role-playing my character in the Druid's council. I know I am the extreme minority on this, but I felt I had to make a big statement. 8 years, $5k, and 10k+ achievement points are gone, and I do not regret standing up for the one key feature in which I believe. I hope that helps clarify matters.

  17. #7397
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I will share with you the same reason I shared with Ordinator in a Private Message:
    I get it. Blizzard is really being dumb on this one. THey should just let people know their intent.

    Bliion dollar companies do not wait and see. It is stupid to even say it.

    A more accurate statement would be:

    We at Blizzard WANT to do this and our players DO NOT WANT us to do this and we do not know what to do.

    Anyone who believes that playing at 100% travel speed is going to be more enjoyable than playing at 310% travel speed is in for a harsh reality once people start dinging 100.

    I did not delete my stuff. But i will not buy WoD until they announce flying.

    I hope they announce soon as I am spending a small fortune on games i would have never bought had they never screwed with flying.

    At least I m seeing some pretty cool games that I never knew existed. I am liking the Assassins Creed series immensely.

    Maybe the no flying thing is a good thing for the PC video game market. I dabbled in PC MMOs but pretty much spent the majority of my time on Blizzard products. Since the announcement I avoid Blizz products as best as possible. The no flying also stopped me from Buying Diablo 3 exp. I picked up Borderland 2 which is pretty fun.
    Last edited by Grim Tuesday; 2014-05-24 at 05:07 PM.

  18. #7398
    Banned -Superman-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Unsubbed til flight returns.
    Posts
    10,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I get it. Blizzard is really being dumb on this one. THey should just let people know their intent.

    -- Snipped --
    Agreed. I've been spending all my time in SWTOR and am loving it. Already recruited 6 friends from work and we play together every Fri/Sat night from 8PM til Midnight. It's a BLAST! Plus, everytime I roll an alt, as a subscriber I have like 15 things free just sitting in my mailbox (which is endless, not 29 days) for me to open and get started with. Gear, titles, pets, mounts, and more.

    As for WoW, I hope they see that some of us take a key feature's removal from new content VERY seriously, and are not afraid to stand up to them and make a statement about our discord.

  19. #7399
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I get it. Blizzard is really being dumb on this one. THey should just let people know their intent.
    Don't be silly. Blizzard KNOWS everything. They will remove flying from Draenor and it will stay removed UNLESS too many people cancel. That is what they know, but they are not DUMB to tell people. We only know about it because that silly Afrasiabi couldn't keep his mouth shout. He probably got cock-slapped in the face for that shit anyway.

  20. #7400
    Epic!
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The country that all others depend on
    Posts
    1,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Don't be silly. Blizzard KNOWS everything. They will remove flying from Draenor and it will stay removed UNLESS too many people cancel. That is what they know, but they are not DUMB to tell people. We only know about it because that silly Afrasiabi couldn't keep his mouth shout. He probably got cock-slapped in the face for that shit anyway.
    It as probably his idea. So both parties are wrong. He is for suggesting it and they are because when GC left and took a bunch of people with him, they had no idea of what to do, so they promoted him. Alex has literally done nothing to deserve to be the lead on a billion dollar anything. Let alone a video game.

    His way of wanting to play is not how the majority of people play. He doesn't have to pay, and this is his job. Those two items skew his ability to make a game for the masses, and make no mistake WoW is not an exclusive community.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •