Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    LOL you keep coming back to this thread? No will power?

You think the discussion is dead and yet you come back for more... So strange.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    yes they are, care to bring anything constructive to the discussion?
    nope, ok ok ok I'll do it.

flying sucks and should never return, hell they should even remove it from old content

reasons? because I said so and so did Blizzard and hey if this forum has taught me anything it's that we should all trust our god and savior blizzard <3
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-05-28 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    To increase my post count!

nope
    Well, at least you're honest...

LOL! I take that back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    No, your RP has gone completely since you threw a hissy fit and perma deleted your accounts. Yet you still haunt the forums whining about how bad WoD and no flying will be. Hilarious.
    And I see the ONLY person you ever respond to is me. Not sure whether to feel flattered or stalked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    - It isn't a key feature

- It brings a lack of QoL

- It chains us in the air and lack of freedom on the ground

- It provides a way to inconvenience some

- There are more than 80 mounts in the game that use it, some of which took real money, or several months to farm, and they will still be in the game

- It is the one thing WoW has that other MMOs do not, and Blizzard finally learned something from why.

- It improves the experience with Archaeology but Archaeology's experience should be about Archaeology and not flying

- It allows you to farm materials, rares, and pet battles with ease which lowers the over all level of the game

- It allows you go give friends a lift between quest hubs, or out to a Dungeon to run them through, when they could just get there themselves and expenience the world
    - How is it not a key feature? It was a focal point in Cataclysm. So much so the entire skybox had to be redesigned.
    - How does it reduce the Quality of Life for players?
    - How can you be chained to air?
    - Name ONE way flying is INconvenient.
    - Of the 80+ flying mounts, are they not reduced to ground mounts in Draenor zones? How are drakes walking on the ground supposed to be epic in a fantasy world?
    - If they "learned" something about it, why not remove it from the entire game? Why just WoD?
    - How does it lower the overall level of the game? How does it make the game worse?
    - I thought Blizz wanted to encourage interaction in the game. You are saying they should get out and do it on their own.

I am really curious what the method is behind your logic. Explain it. Please.

This is the pure ignorance that I can't even possibly understand with any other explanation other than selfishness.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    - It isn't a key feature
    - it IS a key feature. It's the number 1 favored mode of fucking TRANSPORTATION in this world. Aside from the fact that it's been in the game for 8 years, and because right now, no other MMO has it. That makes it a bulllet point feature. If you don't get that, maybe you should look up the definition of "key feature".

- It brings a lack of QoL
    - let me get this straight. My gametime is more filled with "fun" because I can use this tool to get from the "not fun" to the "fun", quicker. How is this NOT a quality of life asset?

- It chains us in the air and lack of freedom on the ground
    - I'm pretty sure this isn't even English now.

- It provides a way to inconvenience some
    - Yeah, because the forums are always filled with complaints about too much convenience with regard to transportation. Are you sure you were not stoned when you wrote this?

- There are more than 80 mounts in the game that use it, some of which took real money, or several months to farm, and they will still be in the game
    - Their key feature for why you wasted time or money getting them is gone. It's akin to suggesting that a sports car stuck in first gear is still desirable.

- It is the one thing WoW has that other MMOs do not, and Blizzard finally learned something from why.
    - W* is going to have it.

- It improves the experience with Archaeology but Archaeology's experience should be about Archaeology and not flying
    - should a, would a could a. Archaeology sucks. It sucks because traveling around the world...sucks. See where you missed the boat yet?

- It allows you to farm materials, rares, and pet battles with ease which lowers the over all level of the game
    - wut? Because farming materials are a big "level" of the game. Wut??

- It allows you go give friends a lift between quest hubs, or out to a Dungeon to run them through, when they could just get there themselves and experience the world
    - I'm sure that person has already experienced that world more than once, since he's asking for a lift to skip it all. Been there, done that.

Stop being selfish and demanding that everyone play the way you want them to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    no other MMO has it.
    Well, it's highly uncommon in fantasy MMOs anyway. AION has limited flying, but that's the only other fantasy game that comes to mind. It's fairly common in "supers" MMOs, since ya know, flying is a staple of super-herodom. (although originally Superman couldn't fly, he could literally leap tall buildings in a single bound, but not fly)

I think they world would be more interesting if mobs could aggro things that weren't on the ground, and simply used some kind of ranged attack. Then all you'd need to do is put a lower height cap on flying.
    Last edited by Sunseeker; 2014-05-28 at 03:39 PM.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Well, it's highly uncommon in fantasy MMOs anyway. AION has limited flying, but that's the only other fantasy game that comes to mind. It's fairly common in "supers" MMOs, since ya know, flying is a staple of super-herodom. (although originally Superman couldn't fly, he could literally leap tall buildings in a single bound, but not fly)
    If a fantasy game sets a standard for flying dragon mounts, then decides to "test the waters" by taking those dragons out of the sky, it is hardly comparable to "never having flight". The old phrase, you don't know what ya got til it's gone. People will hit 100, and go to buy that training, only to be laughed off the server, or pissed and quit because the trainer is hybernating til 6.1... or longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    If a fantasy game sets a standard for flying dragon mounts, then decides to "test the waters" by taking those dragons out of the sky, it is hardly comparable to "never having flight". The old phrase, you don't know what ya got til it's gone. People will hit 100, and go to buy that training, only to be laughed off the server, or pissed and quit because the trainer is hybernating til 6.1... or longer.
    Your schtick is getting old.

Blizz has publicized the lack of flying well enough. The land mounts will make life better for most people and a few months after launch no one will care. The QQ about no flying on Timeless Isle disappeared after people got to play there and it will be the same thing with WoD.
    Last edited by raviadso; 2014-05-28 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Because you always build in a safety net but you can expect there to be things that just don't fit well because it will be build with no flying in mind. When flying is added back in, you'll think to yourself, something just doesn't feel right and it will be because the world was fucked up.

You should listen to anything else besides the blizzard spew of "no flying" will make things better. Flying in and of instead at max level made things better. It's been better since flying as added. It's removal will have the opposite affect of having a positive experience.

After spending the extra cash and shit tons of time collecting a large number of mounts. There will be no forgetting I should be able to fly at max level but suddenly can't because blizzard can't be bothered to keep it in game. It's just to hard for them.
    And this is the typical response I get "I worked hard for my flying mounts, I'll be damned if blizzard won't allow me to use them at max level. YOU WILL be able to use them at max level, just not in draenor. If you can't use them in one zone, how does that instantly make it so you can't use them in general? People are blowing the lid off of this and over exaggerating it. Take a step back, realize the developers have designed draenor to be easily accessible w/ a ground mount and that it won't be a pain in the ass to spend slightly more time traveling to the next quest than it would w/ a flying mount. Besides, you can still use those flying mounts in draenor, they just won't... well... fly.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    I must ask what about people like me that have spent over 10k on all 11 chars for 310% flying what will i get in return if not able to fly ?

It must suck to not have the billion dollar company on your side of the argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman101 View Post
    I must ask what about people like me that have spent over 10k on all 11 chars for 310% flying what will i get in return if not able to fly ?
    They will tell you that you can still enjoy that flying from Vanilla to MoP. But, since I understand you are talking about Draenor, and will not try to troll you, unfortunately, until 6.1, there is no way of knowing if you will ever get to unlock those flight skills in the new content.

I'm pretty sure it will be attached to an epic questline, hopefully one using the Skyguard (or a forerunner to the Skyguard). Completely removing the ability from an entire expansion makes no sense.

The shaft is what you get.

According to the people in favor of this, you are only entitled to get what you paid for at the time with no future use. It's funny that they say this because even Blizzard has to put the things like 'Due to some (Temporal Anomaly)' message in the game, when according to the naysayers we never paid for flight on TI or IoT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    It must suck to not have the billion dollar company on your side of the argument.
    None of us have them on "our side". In fact, none of us will really know jack shit until the 6.1 patch notes are released.

Why do you deserve to get anything? Did you not make use of your flight speed after purchasing it? Not to mention they aren't taking it away. So no you shouldn't get anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    None of us have them on "our side". In fact, none of us will really know jack shit until the 6.1 patch notes are released.
    Hmm idk. Blizzard seems to agree with me that flying mounts pretty much ruin the game. An idea that i believed since WotLK.

So you paid for past content so you are entitled to future content?

That's like saying I paid for a PSX, PS2, and PS3, so I demand to be able to play PS4 games.

WoD is new content and they aren't removing flying because they are lazy or they want to be dicks. They are removing it to return the game to the kind of wonder and amazement that WoW used to have when you rode gingerly through dangerous terrain taking in the sights.

Quote Originally Posted by raviadso View Post

That's like saying I paid for a PSX, PS2, and PS3, so I demand to be able to play PS4 games.

WoD is new content and they aren't removing flying because they are lazy or they want to be dicks. They are removing it to return the game to the kind of wonder and amazement that WoW used to have when you rode gingerly through dangerous terrain taking in the sights.
    What a horrible analogy that is. Did you ever graduate from junior high?

Quote Originally Posted by raviadso View Post

That was a terrible analogy...

They aren't even remotely the same concepts. It would be better to say "That's like saying I paid for PSX, PS2, and PS3 games, so I demand to be able to play those games on my PS4."

But, that still fails.

a·nal·o·gy
    [uh-nal-uh-jee]
    noun, plural a·nal·o·gies.
    a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based: the analogy between the heart and a pump.

similarity or comparability

Logic. a form of reasoning in which one thing is inferred to be similar to another thing in a certain respect, on the basis of the known similarity between the things in other respects.

How is an expansion, a piece of software, comparable to a piece of hardware? I guess you can claim both things cost money and they deal with one specific industry...

A direct analogy to "That's like saying I paid for a PSX, PS2, and PS3, so I demand to be able to play PS4 games." would be: "That's like saying I paid for a mac, so I should be able to play all computer games on it." The mac is the PlayStation systems, and the games are the games... See how logic works? Comparing something that costs hundreds of dollars to something that costs 50 and has completely different functionality is beyond retarded.
    Last edited by urasim; 2014-05-28 at 04:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    What a horrible analogy that is. Did you ever graduate from junior high?
    I actually have a masters but thank you for the ad hominem attack.

Please point out exactly what was wrong with the analogy or else you are just being negative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    That was a terrible analogy...
    Care to actually contribute instead of just insulting my post?

When it comes to WoD, the "book reviews" have been little more than lackluster, and the decrease in Features and Content is making the "cover" look less and less appealing by the minute
    Except the book isn't even out yet.... there are no "excerpts" or reviews to read. Patch notes don't tell you anything about the total gameplay experience. We have no idea how WoD will play, except for having similar elements as Timeless Isle and Isle of Thunder, but we don't know how those elements will affect the total leveling experience. How can anyone make blanket statements about how good or bad the expansion will be until it's actually been played? Stop with this sky is falling crap.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around people quitting over flying, I just don't understand how it could be THAT important to someone when there are dozens of other things in the game that are more integral to the gameplay experience. I'm not saying or inferring they're wrong by any means, I just can't understand it. I take the game at face value and enjoy the experience presented to me, because that's the story and game the developer wants me to play, and so far (since Vanilla) I've been enjoying the experience.

Nothing? You already have what you paid for; the use of 310% flying mounts in the areas of the game that allowed flying at the time you purchased the ability.

I'm not pro or anti flying....I don't care one way or the other. I'm looking forward to the expansion because it will be a new experience, and Blizzard has done pretty good at making those experiences entertaining for me.