Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You said that 99% of the player base isn't him. Which means you think that 99% of the player base stops to help players. You cannot conclude that with your limited experiences in this game. I doubt you have even played with .01% of the active player base. Stating percents without anything to back them up is silly.
    ...most people don't scout the areas looking to help people. Do I need to change my number from 99% to "most people" for you people to stop grasping at straws hoping to prove a minor, irrelevant number that was used for emphasis wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Yes, I did, yet you believe there's no positive impacts of interaction.
    I never stated that there is no positive impacts of interaction... I just said it hasn't happened to me. Stop putting words in peoples mouths and then fighting against the arguments you put there. It's a logical fallacy commonly known as strawman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

I never stated that there is no positive impacts of interaction... I just said it hasn't happened to me. Stop putting words in peoples mouths and then fighting against the arguments you put there. It's a logical fallacy commonly known as strawman.
    You mean to tell me that you have had ZERO positive impacts from interactions in World of Warcraft?

...most people don't scout the areas looking to help people. Do I need to change my number from 99% to "most people" for you people to stop grasping at straws hoping to prove a minor, irrelevant number that was used for emphasis wrong?
    No, you need to not claim to know what anyone else does in this game. You're not them. You can only account for yourself.

No, you need to not claim to know what anyone else does in this game. You're not them. You can only account for yourself.
    So Blizzard can't claim to know what's best for the game either huh? They can only account for themselves? Same for you? So why are you arguing about keeping flying? You can't claim to know what people will like, not like, what will cause sub losses, etc. You can only account for yourself.

You mean to tell me that you have had ZERO positive impacts from interactions in World of Warcraft?
    In the open world with random players, yes. I have never had a positive impact from interactions in the open world. WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!

With people who I know in real life, no. I have had a positive impact from interactions in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so you tell me. Are most people scouting Jade Forest/Dread wastes/kun'lai on their flying mounts looking to help people while doing dailies? Or is my assessment wrong? I said you made generalizations without giving things a chance. I have clearly given flying a chance.
    Your assessment is wrong. You can't say "most people" fly around looking to help people doing dailies.

You clearly have not given flight a chance. We clearly stated why we hant flying and you dismiss it based on your "own" person experience. You miss the basic fact the people enjoy different aspects of the game. Flying is one of them. There is no proof the flying should or should not be in the game, what someone enjoys in the game is completely subjective. What is right for you is not necessarily right for me.

In the end it's Blizzard that has to decide what features are added or subtracted to the game. Blizzard has asked for feedback about no flying before they decide the fate of flying at a later date. We are providing that feedback.

Nothing you say will change what we have fun with in the game. Nothing.
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-06-16 at 07:10 PM.

No.....you need to change it from 99% to 'I'. You are the only person you get to speak for unless you have some statistical evidence to back up your claims.

In the US 59.3 % of people play on PVE servers, 41.7 play on PVP
    In the EU 47.5 % PVE and 52.5 PVP.

Perhaps those number have something to do with your argument? I really do believe that people who play on PVP servers view the game quite differently than PVE players.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Blizzard can't claim to know what's best for the game either huh? They can only account for themselves? Same for you? So why are you arguing about keeping flying? You can't claim to know what people will like, not like, what will cause sub losses, etc. You can only account for yourself.
    Same for you, you can only speak for yourself, not claim what 99% of the gamers want.

Sorry, I've given everything a chance. You guys haven't. I can see that from all your comments. One thing turns you away and you make sweeping judgments about the game and the players without a proper assessment.
    I'm not saying you should give them all a chance. I am simply saying you should respect that they do exist, and are as equally important to the person presenting them as yours is to you. I see from your writing, though in-eloquent, that you are all about having people out in the world to interact with. I know that flying looks like the primary target, but I can assure you, Flying did NOT empty the world zones. If you want the zones to be full again, you have an entirely different target. Instance queues.

Before the days of instance queues, people had to go out to the entrances of Raids, Dungeons, Arenas, and Battle Grounds. People would socialize and interact while waiting for their groups to arrive, or even enlist the assistance of others to help summon party members. PvP spots would erupt in battle outside of the instance as well, since standing around in the open meant you were a target. This was particularly true in Arathi Highlands, and Alterrac Valley. There was no reason to be in town unless you were hitting the AH, or putting something in your bank.

There were no portals to other cities, unless you knew a mage. There was no teleporting in and out of Dungeons. When you went in, you came out in the same place... the front door of the dungeon. The world felt big since people had to go out and make their way to places if they wanted to progress. Now, they can log in, buy their potions and food at the AH, Teleport to the raid, raid, hearth back to the city, and log out. The need to leave the city has been removed, and with it the people removed from the zones.

I promise you, there are 99 problems in the game today, and flying neither made them, nor will its removal fix them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so you tell me. Are most people scouting Jade Forest/Dread wastes/kun'lai on their flying mounts looking to help people while doing dailies? Or is my assessment wrong? I said you made generalizations without giving things a chance. I have clearly given flying a chance.
    I don't know what other people are doing. When I go rare or treasure hunting, the mobs/items are usually dead/gone. So clearly someone besides myself is out there. How they're killing them, if they're flying or riding I honestly don't know and really: I DONT CARE. They're playing however they want to play and enjoying themselves. That's not hurting me. It's not forcing me to play their way and I'm not forcing them to help me or play my way.

I can only tell you how I play, and you can only tell me how you play. If we play differently that only means one thing: there are multiple ways to have fun and play WoW.

I don't see anything wrong with there being multiple ways to enjoy the game.

If the game promotes social cohesion and cooperative gameplay, people will be social and cooperate, but you can't FORCE that. The more you try to force it, the less people will want to do it. This is pretty much sociology 101. If WoW had open tags on everything, if gathering notes were not unique, if XP was not reduced when grouped there'd be FAR more incentive to play cooperatively than simply everyone being on the ground.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Blizzard actually has numbers to back up their decisions.

What is best for the game is more players playing, and that gives Blizzard more income. Which increases the amount of things we can do in game, and then increases people playing the game.

Removing a feature that will make people quit... How is that good for the game? I can make this claim because there are people who are quitting and has posted proof to back their claims.

Yeah, this is why I don't know wtf you're talking about. Lol. This makes no sense.
    If you read it carefully, it does. He states he would help out other players, and even cast a buff, but instead of a Thank You, he got a Fuck You. So why even bother trying to help others when all they do is curse you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Agreed. The whiners will get over it.
    This one wouldn't. I'd definitely quit and millions of others would too.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon is the Answer View Post
    If you read it carefully, it does. He states he would help out other players, and even cast a buff, but instead of a Thank You, he got a Fuck You. So why even bother trying to help others when all they do is curse you out.
    Exactly, one bad experience can dictate the course you take in the future.

Are you more inclined to help people when most of your experiences with helping people is negative? I know I'm not willing to help random people because 1) it isn't rewarding and 2) I get cursed at for no reason.

Just remove Arenas, that would be the best thing.

Flying is quite possibly the best thing ever added to the game and makes it stand out against other MMO's. Arenas were the biggest mistake they ever made.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    In the US 59.3 % of people play on PVE servers, 41.7 play on PVP
    In the EU 47.5 % PVE and 52.5 PVP.
    I really do believe that people who play on PVP servers view the game quite differently than PVE players.
    And how many of those servers are one sided thus, technically "pve" servers with a pvp label? If you are the dominate faction on a one sided PVP server there is no unwanted pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    And how many of those servers are one sided thus, technically "pve" servers with a pvp label? If you are the dominate faction on a one sided PVP server there is no unwanted pvp.
    Thanks to the Censor of Agony, this is no longer an issue. Plus, since Blizz wants to model WoD after Timeless Isle, I would suspect we will see same faction triggers throughout the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon is the Answer View Post
    Thanks to the Censor of Agony, this is no longer an issue. Plus, since Blizz wants to model WoD after Timeless Isle, I would suspect we will see same faction triggers throughout the game.
    If they'd just let you set yourself to "at war" with your own faction, it wouldn't even be a problem!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Just remove Arenas, that would be the best thing.

Flying is quite possibly the best thing ever added to the game and makes it stand out against other MMO's. Arenas were the biggest mistake they ever made.
    At one point or another, Blizzard tried to make WoW a game for the masses.

From PVP to pet battles, there is something in the game for a lot of people. The problem is, when push comes to shove, how do you keep all of those people happy? Do you need to keep them happy?

They opened content after TBC so every Tom, Dick, and Harry can see the content at the end game. They made 10 man raids to make it more appealing for the casual player to get a raid group together. They made LFR because they didn't want to fix realm population issues. They made heirlooms to make leveling even faster, and now you even sell character boosts.

All of these things attract different types of players with different motives. Keeping them all happy is difficult. Extending content for them is also difficult. So....choose something that will make every aspect of the game take longer....flight. It's the singular item that all of these things encompass.