1. #10021
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    All activities which require interaction with the world take place on the ground.

    What you are arguing for is convenience not game play.
    My GAMEPLAY is affected by my convenience.

    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/G/gameplay.html

    Gameplay is a term most commonly used to used to rate, or score the quality of the experience had by gamer while playing a particular game. The term gameplay is often found in game reviews where a score is given based on player experiences during the interaction with game.

    My interaction with the game =/= YOUR interaction with the game. Get it through your head. The way you play WoW, and the way I play WoW... wait for it...

    Are two entirely different, personally subjective, ways

    go figure.

  2. #10022
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    You are effectively not participating in the game world whilst in flight.

    Flight paths force the player to enter areas on the ground.
    Flight paths remove every player that ever touches them from the game.

    Gamer controlled flight means they were somewhere out in the world, doing something, if it was used at all. Thats engagement.
    Player controlled flight has a greater change of getting players to go to some random area than any other means of travel including ground mounts.

    Your imagined views on what is engagement is not what actual engagement is.

  3. #10023
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    What does actively choosing to avoid dangers have to do with breaking immersion? Nothing. It not logically inconsistent. It fits. You just don't like it =P
    Does everything in the game need to be dangerous? No. That is silly.
    Could flying be more dangerous? Sure.
    What Blizzard is trying to do is increase players interaction with the world. That lends it self to immersion.
    Could flying be more dangerous? That may be a suitable alternative, but its a problem that Blizzard has fundamentally failed to solve.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Flight paths remove every player that ever touches them from the game.

    Gamer controlled flight means they were somewhere out in the world, doing something, if it was used at all. Thats engagement.
    Player controlled flight has a greater change of getting players to go to some random area than any other means of travel including ground mounts.

    Your imagined views on what is engagement is not what actual engagement is.
    Exactly, everyone on a flight path is out of the game - the same goes for everyone on a flying mount. Flight paths limits this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The increase in subs in TBC was exclusively because of flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Back over 12 million for WOD..here we go!

  4. #10024
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    What Blizzard is trying to do is increase players interaction with the world. That lends it self to immersion.
    Could flying be more dangerous? That may be a suitable alternative, but its a problem that Blizzard has fundamentally failed to solve.
    Or failed to try to solve?
    Me to WoW chat : "This ice epidemic is out of control. 3 horses have just tested positive in Victoria. Where do horses find Ice dealers anyway?"
    Random king of the internet : "Probably from a drug mule."

  5. #10025
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon is the Answer View Post
    My GAMEPLAY is affected by my convenience.

    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/G/gameplay.html

    Gameplay is a term most commonly used to used to rate, or score the quality of the experience had by gamer while playing a particular game. The term gameplay is often found in game reviews where a score is given based on player experiences during the interaction with game.

    My interaction with the game =/= YOUR interaction with the game. Get it through your head. The way you play WoW, and the way I play WoW... wait for it...

    Are two entirely different, personally subjective, ways

    go figure.
    The convenience of flight actually allows you to avoid game play. That is the point Blizzard are making.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The increase in subs in TBC was exclusively because of flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Back over 12 million for WOD..here we go!

  6. #10026
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    SNIP...


    Exactly, everyone on a flight path is out of the game - the same goes for everyone on a flying mount. Flight paths limits this time.
    and since flgiht paths is the worst of the 2 forms of flying and it was not removed. It's a save bet to see personal flying doesn't really solve blizzard imagined up problems.

    And if you want to talk about things that remove gamers from the game, you got a whole lot of things this game needs to have removed.

    BTW, there also not removed because they really are not problems. Flying is just being used as a scapegoat but blizzard still wants you to buy them.

    Go figure how that works out to solving blizzard lack of creativity and design.

    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    The convenience of flight actually allows you to avoid game play. That is the point Blizzard are making.
    Then you best start arguing for more things in game that allow you to skip game play than just flying to be removed. There is a long list.

    But thats right, you seem to think flying at max level is the only culprit. You see the massive flaw in your argument don't you?
    Last edited by quras; 2014-06-18 at 08:55 PM.

  7. #10027
    Brewmaster Nayaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Land of Tin Foil hats
    Posts
    1,346
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Player controlled flight at max level keeps players more active than flight paths could ever hope to accomplish.
    You are correct sir. No personal flying mounts means I will be on zero interaction flight taxi.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    The convenience of flight actually allows you to avoid game play. That is the point Blizzard are making.
    Gameplay we are not interested in. Not everyone enjoys the same aspects of the game.

  8. #10028
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Ok fair enough. You think that's engaging game play. I don't think many people will agree with you but hey enjoy yourself floating in mid air waiting for someone to " flip you off".

    Unless ofcourse you do other things as well? you do don't you??!?
    Had to laugh at that.

  9. #10029
    The Insane smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    17,203
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    All activities which require interaction with the world take place on the ground.

    What you are arguing for is convenience not game play.
    Are you suggesting that game play should be inconvenient?
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  10. #10030
    Brewmaster Nayaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Land of Tin Foil hats
    Posts
    1,346
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Exactly, everyone on a flight path is out of the game - the same goes for everyone on a flying mount. Flight paths limits this time.
    Completely wrong, on taxi I have zero interaction with the world. On flying mount I have interaction whenever and where ever I want.

    Are you just trolling me?

  11. #10031
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    The convenience of flight actually allows you to avoid game play. That is the point Blizzard are making.
    What part of GAMEPLAY being subjective did you not underfuckingstand? Your gameplay, is different from my gameplay, which is different from Blizzard's gameplay. Gameplay is the

    the quality of the experience had by gamer while playing a particular game and is based on player experiences during the interaction with game
    Gameplay may CHANGE during online play.

  12. #10032
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Completely wrong, on taxi I have zero interaction with the world. On flying mount I have interaction whenever and where ever I want.
    Are you just trolling me?
    I think so.

  13. #10033
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Are you suggesting that game play should be inconvenient?
    I think he is.

    He's probably one of those advocates of blizzard new motto: "Fun is out there. We just don't want to getting to it in a timely manner so jump through these worthless hoops first."

  14. #10034
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    If your feelings against flight were so strong, what kept you engaged in WoW for the duration of it's life?

    Also, I kinda think you have the mindset that an MMO is an ant colony, with all the workers doing one thing to progress the colony, and all should be content with the status quo.

    When really an MMO is like a children's playground, with some kids preferring the swings, some on the monkey bars, some in the sand pit, and some kids doing everything.
    I'm actually not that bothered, I've never liked the way it was restricted with silly reasons like cold weather flying. It has always struck me that Blizzard have a game play problem with it that they are incapable of solving. I've also felt the game lost something when they added it. With this in mind the idea of Blizzard making a purely game play decision I think is a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The increase in subs in TBC was exclusively because of flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Back over 12 million for WOD..here we go!

  15. #10035
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon is the Answer View Post
    I use my flying mount to get me to:

    - Pet Battles
    - Farming Ore
    - Farming Herbs
    - Dailies
    - Cooking at Halfhill
    - farming at Halfhill

    - getting to old raids
    - getting to old dungeons

    - tracking rare pets
    - finding rare battle pets

    - going to specific fishing spots
    - giving friends a lift over the wall in Pandaria
    - carrying noobs out to DeadMines
    - chasing down flagged Alliance for PvP
    - getting across the zone with a quickness to help a lowbie
    - flying guildmates to a dungeon to run them through
    - meeting guildmates at the raid entrances
    - flying out to the PvP vendor on the wall for new gear
    - getting from A to B at 310% instead of 100% to get it DONE
    - going back for Loremaster achievement quests
    - showing off new flying mounts from old content
    - showing off new flying mounts from new content
    - Role Playing my Orc Warrior on my Iron Skyreaver

    etc, etc, etc...

    Like I said, I have an entirely different way of flying than the "afk, out of the world" bullshit that most of you anti-fliers keep spewing.
    I bolded the ones that won't be effected in the slightest by flying being limited. The rest are borderline retarded..

  16. #10036
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I think he is.

    He's probably one of those advocates of blizzard new motto: "Fun is out there. We just don't want to getting to it in a timely manner so just through these worthless hoops first."
    Yes, of course the game should have a level of inconvenience. Should they include an "I win" button.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon is the Answer View Post
    What part of GAMEPLAY being subjective did you not underfuckingstand? Your gameplay, is different from my gameplay, which is different from Blizzard's gameplay. Gameplay is the



    Gameplay may CHANGE during online play.
    Flight allows you to actively avoid gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The increase in subs in TBC was exclusively because of flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Back over 12 million for WOD..here we go!

  17. #10037
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    I bolded the ones that won't be effected in the slightest by flying being limited. The rest are borderline retarded..
    That's not all that is retarded.

  18. #10038
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Completely wrong, on taxi I have zero interaction with the world. On flying mount I have interaction whenever and where ever I want.

    Are you just trolling me?
    You have said yourself, you are effectively inactive whilst in flight. Flight paths limited the time this happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The increase in subs in TBC was exclusively because of flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Back over 12 million for WOD..here we go!

  19. #10039
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Yes, of course the game should have a level of inconvenience. Should they include an "I win" button.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Flight allows you to actively avoid gameplay.
    How, in any way shape or form, is flight an "I win " button. I can not kill, loot, farm or engage anything while flying.

    Flight allows you to actively avoid irrelevant gameplay.
    Me to WoW chat : "This ice epidemic is out of control. 3 horses have just tested positive in Victoria. Where do horses find Ice dealers anyway?"
    Random king of the internet : "Probably from a drug mule."

  20. #10040
    I never said an I win button is the same as flight.

    It also allows you to avoid relevant content. What can Blizzard do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The increase in subs in TBC was exclusively because of flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Back over 12 million for WOD..here we go!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •