1. #10221
    Brewmaster Nayaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Land of Tin Foil hats
    Posts
    1,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Minetor View Post
    I hope that no flying is allowed keep the casuals away.
    Most players are casuals and they pay the bills.

  2. #10222
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    - removing it doesn't fix anything
    - nobody was complaining about it being in the game before WoD
    - it's removal wastes my time needlessly

    How are those three?
    It may not fix the issue that you personally find the ground game boring and uninteresting, but it does fix the issue of increased engagement.

    A lot of people were complaining, but it wasn't such a big deal, and the same holds true now.

    And it may waste your time, but not everyone else's time.

    Those are interesting points, but purely your personal tastes and "your time" and "other people complaining" does not have anything to do with fixing an issue of engagement with the environment with the game. You think it won't fix it, and the only thing I will agree with is that it doesn't fix that you find that shit boring. It will make you engage it more. Unless you intentionally fuck up your graphics card and make everything pixellated so what you see on the ground is the same as the air.

  3. #10223
    Epic!
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The country that all others depend on
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Your rant is void. You can explain what the word protest means... but until you fully understand what is actually happening, it is stupid.

    Let's say that you love pill Y. Pill Y came after pill X. Pill X was something pretty basic. It got the job done but slow. Pill Y does the same trick but faster. It also has a few drawbacks. So the doctors/farm. industry decide to remove pill Y and give pill X again.

    Are you with me?

    People who are now used to pill Y do not mind the drawbacks at all. They just want it to work fast. And so they rage on whatever forum/complain to the doctors/farm. industry.

    Meanwhile they don't know that the doctor/farm. industry has invented a new additional pill called Z. This Z doesn't work unless you also get pill X. It enhances pill X without having the same drawbacks as Y does.

    So people who are complaining, do not know the full story. And thus their "protest" is ill informed and ludicrous.

    But yeah go ahead and waste your time "protesting". I'll be there when WoD comes along and see that Blizzard did a fine job at making the world such that you won't need flying mounts in WoD. Ya know... because they designed it that way.
    You are a very self-righteous person for arguing about things that are a matter of opinion.

    Unless you are a developer, you don't get paid for spewing the company line. You only know what you're told. If you choose to believe it, that's on you. You can't fault others for not believing what they are told, by people with an agenda.

    Everybody has a point, everybody is valid. You aren't special, you also don't get to decide how another person thinks or feels is correct. IT just is. Like it or leave it.

  4. #10224
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    You are a very self-righteous person for arguing about things that are a matter of opinion.

    Unless you are a developer, you don't get paid for spewing the company line. You only know what you're told. If you choose to believe it, that's on you. You can't fault others for not believing what they are told, by people with an agenda.

    Everybody has a point, everybody is valid. You aren't special, you also don't get to decide how another person thinks or feels is correct. IT just is. Like it or leave it.
    I don't think the person you quoted is correct in his analysis lol, but he's right in that their protests are a bit ill informed. Ludicrous, idk.

  5. #10225
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Most players are casuals and they pay the bills.
    The bills??? most of the money they get from subs goes in the bank or on other games because if it went on WoW content we would not be waiting months and months between Xpans.

  6. #10226
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Minetor View Post
    The bills??? most of the money they get from subs goes in the bank or on other games because if it went on WoW content we would not be waiting months and months between Xpans.
    I mean you can't just throw money and make code and writing and art appear overnight you know lol.

  7. #10227
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    No, I'm not. I didn't say removing flying is not going to stop any gamer from skipping content they don't want to engage. I said that, even if you want to skip it, you have to literally run there and experience the rocks, dust, canyons, plains, caves, and shrubbery even if you avoid the mobs and thus, you're going to be forced to engage to some extent. When you fly, you mostly engage a bunch of empty space before touching down.
    and I say, IF gamers really wanted to see the crap blizzard spawned in their path, TBC and WoTLk would have turned out entirely different.

    Guess what. Flying didn't hurt wow.
    At the end of the day, if you are skipping mobs or tree or dirt, it doesn't matter if you telelport, hearthstone or flying past it. It doesn't matter if you /follow or just simply zone out and let your toon run in one direction till he stops or died.

    Skipped content is skipped content.

    You make an assumption that just because blizzard spawned a tree, gamers need to run by it. They do not. Especially when the quest objective tells them differently.

  8. #10228
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    and I say, IF gamers really wanted to see the crap blizzard spawned in their path, TBC and WoTLk would have turned out entirely different.

    Guess what. Flying didn't hurt wow.
    At the end of the day, if you are skipping mobs or tree or dirt, it doesn't matter if you telelport, hearthstone or flying past it. It doesn't matter if you /follow or just simply zone out and let your toon run in one direction till he stops or died.

    Skipped content is skipped content.

    You make an assumption that just because blizzard spawned a tree, gamers need to run by it. They do not. Especially when the quest objective tells them differently.
    I made an assumption that just because blizzard spawned a tree, gamers will skip running by that tree even if they love that tree, just to get somewhere faster.

  9. #10229
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    I mean you can't just throw money and make code and writing and art appear overnight you know lol.
    I know but they have the money to have different dev teams working on small content patches and big xpans and you know the real reason it takes so long for new xpans is because casuals would cry if the last content of and xpan only lasted a few months because they maynot of got round to trying it after the nerfs when they can faceroll it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think you should only allow flying after you have the achievements for doing a specific number of quest for each zone.

  10. #10230
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Minetor View Post
    I know but they have the money to have different dev teams working on small content patches and big xpans and you know the real reason it takes so long for new xpans is because casuals would cry if the last content of and xpan only lasted a few months because they maynot of got round to trying it after the nerfs when they can faceroll it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think you should only allow flying after you have the achievements for doing a specific number of quest for each zone.
    I think you should only allow flying, if your team that put flying in the game in the first place actually developed some compelling content for it.

  11. #10231
    The Insane smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    16,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    The fun isn't in the fact you killed him but the journey to do it, it doesn't surprise me at all you're bored with LFR Garrosh. People don't raid heroic just to see a different colored face of garrosh admit defeat they do it because the fights and mechanics getting there are what is fun. The feeling of 25 people finally clicking together in a fight like Siegecrafter where every single person holds a great deal of weight on their back, and then seeing him fall into the sub 1m and realizing he's dead. I don't know your fully history but if you have only done LFR I highly encourage you to at least try your hand at real raiding next expansion. (mythic) Then if you don't like it that is fine but at least you'll have tried, but killing Garrosh on a new difficulty is far from 'still killing garrosh'.
    I used to raid (New Naxx and up) all the time. I stopped late Cata after most of the 25-man guilds died and I find 10-man guilds WAY too drama-y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  12. #10232
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I used to raid (New Naxx and up) all the time. I stopped late Cata after most of the 25-man guilds died and I find 10-man guilds WAY too drama-y.
    I agree, but with new Flex, shouldn't be an issue. Cuz every 10 man guild can swing up to 25. Aka, your friend can play now even though the RL wants to bring his shitty mage GF who does no dps.

  13. #10233
    Brewmaster Nayaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Land of Tin Foil hats
    Posts
    1,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Minetor View Post
    The bills??? most of the money they get from subs goes in the bank or on other games because if it went on WoW content we would not be waiting months and months between Xpans.
    When I say "casuals" pay the bills, I meant PROFIT!
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-06-20 at 05:20 PM.

  14. #10234
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    We debate the pros and cons as the thread moves forward. You want burden of proof, go back and read any of the hundreds of posts in multiple threads on why it should stay in game.

    Hell, bring up a reason you think it should be removed in game and I'll show you why it's invalid.
    I was responding to someone that said he diodn't need to bring proof to the table. So what I said stands.

    Your whole thought process is all wrong. I know most people are biased but DAMN. You will invalidate ANY argument brought to the table by ANYONE? Including me, Blizzard etc? That just goes to show your cognitive dissonance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    - removing it doesn't fix anything
    - nobody was complaining about it being in the game before WoD
    - it's removal wastes my time needlessly

    How are those three?
    -Subjective
    -Wrong
    -We can't debate how you'd rather spend your time.
    "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -Voltaire

  15. #10235
    The Insane smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    16,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    I agree, but with new Flex, shouldn't be an issue. Cuz every 10 man guild can swing up to 25. Aka, your friend can play now even though the RL wants to bring his shitty mage GF who does no dps.
    Well, as long as they sufficiently solve the breakpoint issues. Mythic I believe is fixed at 20 anyway, which is more to my tastes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  16. #10236
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Hell, bring up a reason you think it should be removed in game and I'll show you why it's invalid.
    Because Blizzard says so and it is their game. They have the final say whether flying is removed or not for any reason whatsoever. You can't invalidate that. That is how it is.

  17. #10237
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    You are wrong, I did say I enjoyed flying for the sake of flying, but that was only a small part of my statements. You are just ignoring it.
    That was the majority of it if I recall. you kept copy pasting the same line ... "trudging through boring harmless mobs that have no value" or something like that. Its all subjective about YOUR enjoyment of the game. Again, I enjoyed the old talent trees - but that doesn't magically mean they were better than alternatives.
    "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -Voltaire

  18. #10238
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Well, as long as they sufficiently solve the breakpoint issues. Mythic I believe is fixed at 20 anyway, which is more to my tastes.
    From what I hear they have that solved, where instead of hard break points you have % increases.

    To use garrosh mind controls as an example, say that at 15 players he does 3 mind controls and at 20 he does 4. (I don't know the actual breakpoints before they nerfed it down to only 2 no matter what.) In WoD's system at 16 players you would get 3 for sure and a 20% chance at a forth. At 19 it would be an 80% chance at a forth, and then at 20 you just get 4 no matter what. Gear drops, if not using personal loot, will follow a similar formula.
    "If you have to believe it on faith, you have no reason to believe it at all.” Aron Ra

  19. #10239
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    You don't need to back down, but just realize that you're doing it for purely personal reasons without thinking of the game at large.
    The game at large? Why would I be concerned with the game at large? I paid for a game, and pay monthly to play it. As long as I am playing within the confines of the game, and enjoying myself, it should not matter HOW I play the game. If they remove flying for good, then it is time for a new game. In the meantime, I will continue to protest this idiotic decision to possibly not add flying to Draenor zones.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    The game world. Not the majority of gamers. And how do i know that? Cuz the developers themselves took away flying. Even if they bring it back, it won't change that they don't like how it fucks with their world.
    Guess they should have thought of that Pre-Cataclysm.

  20. #10240
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon is the Answer View Post
    The game at large? Why would I be concerned with the game at large? I paid for a game, and pay monthly to play it. As long as I am playing within the confines of the game, and enjoying myself, it should not matter HOW I play the game. If they remove flying for good, then it is time for a new game. In the meantime, I will continue to protest this idiotic decision to possibly not add flying to Draenor zones.
    Apparently you are wrong. Apparently Blizzard wants you to play the game a certain way. If you don't want to play the game the way they design it, then yes, indeed its time you moved to another game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •