1. #12041
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    lol you guys are so deluded. Just because something isn't gamebreaking doesn't mean it's cool to keep it.
    Ad homonem attacks. Is this the state to which you are reduced?
    Give me one argument that is not purely subjective.


    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Give me 1 fucking argument that doesn't boil down to not wanting to be inconvenienced. I'm still waiting for it.
    How about: What is the point of removing it? There are no in-game issues tied to flying, save lazy devs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Just because something isn't gamebreaking doesn't mean it's cool to keep it.
    DOUBLE LOL. It isn't gamebreaking. THEREFORE WE MUST BE ALLOWED TO REMOVE IT. By that logic, if it is gamebreaking, you must not be allowed to remove it.
    Last edited by Aeno; 2014-07-04 at 10:20 PM.

  2. #12042
    Warlocks being overpowered is not relavent and an attempt to cloud the issue. Blizzard have the data and try to balance the game.

    Blizzard have tried to balance flying.

    They don't allow it in instances.
    They have introduced no fly zones.
    They ban it with ridiculous reasons at the start of expansions during leveling.

    They have to do this because its overpowered.

    If they consider it overpowered and harmful to gameplay they may well remove it completely and solve the issue.
    The fact that they have sold stupid mounts to the weak willed in the shop may be your saving grace.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    Ad homonem attacks. Is this the state to which you are reduced?
    Give me one argument that is not purely subjective.




    How about: What is the point of removing it? There are no in-game issues tied to flying, save lazy devs.



    DOUBLE LOL. It isn't gamebreaking. THEREFORE WE MUST BE ALLOWED TO REMOVE IT. By that logic, if it is gamebreaking, you must not be allowed to remove it.
    There are lots of game issues causes by flying, mainly skipping content and reducing gameplay to simple clicking.

    Double LOL? why because you cant understand simple logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    GTA 5 has not sold so well on PC and the Multi player version (the one that is measured through Xfire) was not that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    There is no way in hell Siege will last more than 6 months. It just isn't possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Anti-flying: Myriad of educated arguments as to why flying is detrimental to the game as a whole.
    Pro-flying: I like flying.

  3. #12043
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Warlocks being overpowered is not relavent and an attempt to cloud the issue. Blizzard have the data and try to balance the game.

    Blizzard have tried to balance flying.

    They don't allow it in instances.
    They have introduced no fly zones.
    They ban it with ridiculous reasons at the start of expansions during leveling.

    They have to do this because its overpowered.

    If they consider it overpowered and harmful to gameplay they may well remove it completely and solve the issue.
    The fact that they have sold stupid mounts to the weak willed in the shop may be your saving grace.
    Replace the underlined words with "too fast".
    Flying mounts aren't "OP". They just make the game faster. In other words, devs shit out more content for us and we complete it very quickly. (QUICKLY IF WE ALL PLAY FOR HOURS AND HAVE MAX FLYING THAT IS). Removing it completely is just living in denial.


    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    There are lots of game issues causes by flying, mainly skipping content and reducing gameplay to simple clicking.

    Double LOL? why because you cant understand simple logic.
    Triple lol. More ad homonem attacks. Classy argument.

    What issues are caused by flying aside from YOUR PERSONAL degradation of enjoyment? If you don't like flying, DON'T FLY. Rather than pushing your own ideas on others, be a reasonable person and do as you want.

  4. #12044
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    Ad homonem attacks. Is this the state to which you are reduced?
    Give me one argument that is not purely subjective.




    How about: What is the point of removing it? There are no in-game issues tied to flying, save lazy devs.
    Are you kidding me? There are several legitimate reasons for it being gone that have been mentioned several times over every one of these flying threads.
    You can call it an attack but I'll call it being honest. I'm not gonna play the little game people play here and let you twist words.


    I'll throw this here too from my server the other day. I've seen it mentioned several other times and every single time there are people for it and not anyone against. Again, you're the vocal minority.

    Go mention flying in your trade and see what the ratio of people for/against is.
    Signature

  5. #12045
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    lol you guys are so deluded. Just because something isn't gamebreaking doesn't mean it's cool to keep it.

    Give me 1 fucking argument that doesn't boil down to not wanting to be inconvenienced. I'm still waiting for it.
    How about I paid real money on top of my sub and the box cost for in game items that I won't be able to use for their designed, and purchased for purpose?

    How about I enjoy using flight as an escape in the video game I play, by just using it to visually enjoy the world I am playing in?

    How about it helps me connect socially with other people when something is happening in a place a distance away from me, allowing me to efficiently and freely move to that social event in a reasonable time?

    How about sitting on a flight path being removed from the world for the duration or taking a portal and skipping that world altogether is not better than what we have in game at the moment?

    How about agreeing flight needs to be adjusted, but think removing it altogether is a cop out, shows a lack of innovation in design and a void in creativity in a team you once held in high regard?
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-07-04 at 10:35 PM.
    "I think our star, the Sun, is highly over rated. At least the moon shines at night, when it's dark. The sun only shines during the day, when it is bright outside anyway."
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidde Ottens View Post
    Only intellectuals will post in this thread because they understand equations, and equations are a essential part of math, so I don't care if no one posts actually the better just makes this thread even more important. More is not better better is better.

  6. #12046
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Are you kidding me? There are several legitimate reasons for it being gone that have been mentioned several times over every one of these flying threads.
    You can call it an attack but I'll call it being honest. I'm not gonna play the little game people play here and let you twist words.


    I'll throw this here too from my server the other day. I've seen it mentioned several other times and every single time there are people for it and not anyone against. Again, you're the vocal minority.

    You want people to give you arguments and counterarguments when this isn't something that merits it to begin with. You're just trying to divert your lack of arguments.
    3 people=majority/entirety. Okay. Oh, edit, because I forgot. 3 people at one time=majority/entirety of the server.

    Several legitimate reasons. Give them to me? Stop twisting words and prolonging the debate just by evading the point.

    More ad homonem attacks. Quadruple lol. Do you even have a point to your posts or are you just spewing garbage in an attempt to get me to bite your bait?

  7. #12047
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    How about I paid real money on top of my sub and the box cost for in game items that I won't be able to use for their designed purpose?

    How about I enjoy using flight as an escape in the video game I play, by just using it to visually enjoy the world I am playing in?

    How about it helps me connect socially with other people when something is happening in a place a distance away from me, allowing me to efficiently and freely move to that social event in a reasonable time?

    How about sitting on a flight path being removed from the world for the duration or taking a portal and skipping that world altogether is not better than what we have in game at the moment?

    How about agreeing flight needs to be adjusted, but thinking removing it altogether is a cop out, shows a lack of innovation in design and a void in creativity in a team you once held in high regard?
    Okay. Now i have a task for you. Come up with an idea how to balance flying, just little one, which would make it reasonable to leave it in-game. And i don't mean arguments like "i bought mounts", because you can still use them all, just in some less charming position.

    If Blizz made the flying with some CD attached, there still would be people complaining. I can see those threads "Why can't I fly for the entire time and have to make pauses every 5 minutes?"

    I think that using ground mounts only allows devs to lead players in a better/proper direction during the questing (you can explore the world simulatenously with the progressing plot) , which expands the overall experience.

  8. #12048
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    How about I paid real money on top of my sub and the box cost for in game items that I won't be able to use for their designed purpose?

    How about I enjoy using flight as an escape in the video game I play, by just using it to visually enjoy the world I am playing in?
    First of all, you can use it everywhere but Draenor. Second, you can fly everywhere but Draenor, you can enjoy Draenor visually without flying above it. Third, this isn't a flight simulator, flying is not a main feature of the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    How about it helps me connect socially with other people when something is happening in a place a distance away from me, allowing me to efficiently and freely move to that social event in a reasonable time?
    Everyone is moving at the same pace, you'll get there when others get there. You aren't any slower than anyone else and it won't take you that long to get where you're going to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    How about sitting on a flight path being removed from the world for the duration of taking a portal and skipping that world altogether is not better than what we have in game at the moment?
    You aren't removed from the world. You're taking public transportation. Are you removed from the world when you ride the subway because you can't hop off on the tracks at any time? Hovering above the world on a mount indefinitely removes you even more, at least on a flight path you have to come back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    How about agreeing flight needs to be adjusted, but thinking removing it altogether is a cop out, shows a lack of innovation in design and a void in creativity in a team you once held in high regard?
    I don't disagree with that. If they could restrict flying from being infinite and OP like it is now it'd be good. But I can't personally think of a system that would work well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    3 people=majority/entirety. Okay. Oh, edit, because I forgot. 3 people at one time=majority/entirety of the server.

    Several legitimate reasons. Give them to me? Stop twisting words and prolonging the debate just by evading the point.

    More ad homonem attacks. Quadruple lol. Do you even have a point to your posts or are you just spewing garbage in an attempt to get me to bite your bait?
    It's called a sample size. 3 people for and 1 against times 100 is till 3x the amount of people for. But go ahead and keep trying to dismiss it. 1 person even said he would buy WoD because of no flying, that right there is proof from a random player that not having flying has gained 1 sub. Which means it is possible that no flying will gain more subs than it will lose. Which IMO people who are gonna play WoW will play with or without flying.

    I'm not gonna give you points because there are about 600 pages of points in this thread. Not to mention I asked for a point first and got 'what's the reason for removing it'? That's not a point that's ignorance of the other sides points.
    Last edited by Brandon138; 2014-07-04 at 10:42 PM.
    Signature

  9. #12049
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodzyna View Post
    Okay. Now i have a task for you. Come up with an idea how to balance flying, just little one, which would make it reasonable to leave it in-game.
    We have. Anti-flyers won't ever agree with them because they aren't reasonable people.

    Edit: I am not admitting that flying is imbalanced, but I have (as well as others) posted compromises, and not a single anti-flyer agreed.
    Last edited by urasim; 2014-07-04 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    what? you can knock people off ground mounts with auto attack.

  10. #12050
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    Replace the underlined words with "too fast".
    Flying mounts aren't "OP". They just make the game faster. In other words, devs shit out more content for us and we complete it very quickly. (QUICKLY IF WE ALL PLAY FOR HOURS AND HAVE MAX FLYING THAT IS). Removing it completely is just living in denial.




    Triple lol. More ad homonem attacks. Classy argument.

    What issues are caused by flying aside from YOUR PERSONAL degradation of enjoyment? If you don't like flying, DON'T FLY. Rather than pushing your own ideas on others, be a reasonable person and do as you want.
    Players dropping in and out of content at their control is overpowered. Its got very little to do with speed.

    Triple LOL now is it? and you still cant see the flaw in your logic.

    Its not about my personal enjoyment its what the game designers think is good for the game. Issues? Ill repeat them for you - mainly skipping content and reducing gameplay to simple clicking.

    And please, not the don't like it don't fly argument.....
    Last edited by NigelGurney; 2014-07-04 at 10:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    GTA 5 has not sold so well on PC and the Multi player version (the one that is measured through Xfire) was not that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    There is no way in hell Siege will last more than 6 months. It just isn't possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Anti-flying: Myriad of educated arguments as to why flying is detrimental to the game as a whole.
    Pro-flying: I like flying.

  11. #12051
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    First of all, you can use it everywhere but Draenor. Second, you can fly everywhere but Draenor, you can enjoy Draenor visually without flying above it. Third, this isn't a flight simulator, flying is not a main feature of the game.
    Not a strong argument for removing it altogether for an extra 4-7 months after the xpack releases. (or at all if they feel wet after a low sub drop from release)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Everyone is moving at the same pace, you'll get there when others get there. You aren't any slower than anyone else and it won't take you that long to get where you're going to begin with.
    Not true inherently by player skill and knowledge. And Beta players.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    You aren't removed from the world. You're taking public transportation. Are you removed from the world when you ride the subway because you can't hop off on the tracks at any time? Hovering above the world on a mount indefinitely removes you even more, at least on a flight path you have to come back down.
    A weak, subjective argument. I feel immersed everywhere in WoW despite being in the air.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I don't disagree with that. If they could restrict flying from being infinite and OP like it is now it'd be good. But I can't personally think of a system that would work well.
    Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle already did. No flying even when it is old content (5.4 and still IoT is no-flying).

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    It's called a sample size. 3 people for and 1 against times 100 is till 3x the amount of people for. But go ahead and keep trying to dismiss it. I'm not gonna give you points because there are about 600 pages of points in this thread.
    Quintuple lol if you think sample sizes are 3 or lower. A DECENT sample size is 100 in a student environment. 1,000 is minimum for large-scale (MILLIONS PLAY THE GAME BROSKI). I WILL dismiss your lame survey, as it has neither a conclusion nor any inherent accurate information or importance.

    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Players dropping in and out of content at their control is overpowered. Its got very little to do with speed.
    Does nothing other than "kill" the World PvP you know as "ganking".

    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Triple LOL now is it? and you still cant see the flaw in your logic.
    Sextuple lol at the ad homonem attack that provides no eye-opening information. Keep trying, my friend.

    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Its not about my personal enjoyment its what the game designers think is good for the game. Issues? Ill repeat them for you - mainly skipping content and reducing gameplay to simple clicking.
    Subjective from the developers and subjective points in your argument. I'll repeat it for you a few more times I am sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    And please, not the don't like don't fly argument.....
    Sorry that I cannot compel you to play by your own rules.
    Last edited by Aeno; 2014-07-04 at 10:44 PM.

  12. #12052
    I think that attaching an energy bar to the mount would be interesting. You could fly as long as energy isn't depleted. If the mount was tired, you would just fall down (if the journey wasn't planned properly) and hit the ground eventually.
    Dead?
    Probably, but Blizz could make a new craftable item, parachute. Engineers from all over the World of Warcraft could be usable at last.

    New market, some cash earned by engis and everyone is happy.

  13. #12053
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodzyna View Post
    I think that attaching an energy bar to the mount would be interesting. You could fly as long as energy isn't depleted. If the mount was tired, you would just fall down (if the journey wasn't planned properly) and hit the ground eventually.
    Dead?
    Probably, but Blizz could make a new craftable item, parachute. Engineers from all over the World of Warcraft could be usable at last.

    New market, some cash earned by engis and everyone is happy.
    It would probably bug out in other old parts of content (waiting for rares and what have you) but this wouldn't even fly (heh, puns) in Draenor.
    Example: I want to explore mountains/find hidden aesthetics/KNOW the world/Explorer Achievement/Afk in the air where it is safe.

    And the parachute idea is neat, except that you will be absolutely fucked and have to wait if you are at max Y coordinate in the air.

  14. #12054
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post


    A weak, subjective argument. I feel immersed everywhere in WoW despite being in the air.
    It is not subjective you are removed from the game when in flight. You may feel immersed but as usual you have missed the point. You cant interact with the world and the world cant interact with you - thus having control over this mechanic becomes overpowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    GTA 5 has not sold so well on PC and the Multi player version (the one that is measured through Xfire) was not that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    There is no way in hell Siege will last more than 6 months. It just isn't possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Anti-flying: Myriad of educated arguments as to why flying is detrimental to the game as a whole.
    Pro-flying: I like flying.

  15. #12055
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    It is not subjective you are removed from the game when in flight. You may feel immersed but as usual you have missed the point. You cant interact with the world and the world cant interact with you - thus having control over this mechanic becomes overpowered.
    I'm still logged-in when I am flying. Septuple lol for the ad homonem attack. I went ahead and bold/underlined the subjective parts.

  16. #12056
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    lol you guys are so deluded. Just because something isn't gamebreaking doesn't mean it's cool to keep it.

    Give me 1 fucking argument that doesn't boil down to not wanting to be inconvenienced. I'm still waiting for it.
    Ok that is easy.

    Assuming that the WoD isn't much different then the current world we have now (it isn't btw)

    Once the content is complete it makes already tedious tasks more so. Unless you like riding through the same zone over and over to get dismounted (yah they added more of those guys) by mobs that pose no threat or challenge.

    It makes getting to tasks that are fun, tedious to get. Thankfully there is content you can que for.

    Pretty simple it isn't fun.

  17. #12057
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    I'm still logged-in when I am flying. Septuple lol for the ad homonem attack. I went ahead and bold/underlined the subjective parts.
    Dude like this whole subject is subjective. That's the only reason there is so much debate. There is 600 pages because anytime anyone says anything someone else goes 'derp that's just subjective opinion'.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Ok that is easy.

    Assuming that the WoD isn't much different then the current world we have now (it isn't btw)

    Once the content is complete it makes already tedious tasks more so. Unless you like riding through the same zone over and over to get dismounted (yah they added more of those guys) by mobs that pose no threat or challenge.

    It makes getting to tasks that are fun, tedious to get. Thankfully there is content you can que for.

    Pretty simple it isn't fun.
    Yea, you're kind of SUPPOSED to run through those areas. If you disdain the world so much then the WORLD of Warcraft isn't for you. Traveling through the world is part of being in the world. The scenery from my house to work gets pretty old, but the only way to get there is to go through the world. It's part of the immersion.

    More and more it sounds to me like you people don't want an open world game at all. Because traveling through it is kind of the point of it all.
    Signature

  18. #12058
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    I'm still logged-in when I am flying. Septuple lol for the ad homonem attack. I went ahead and bold/underlined the subjective parts.
    This is getting embarrassing.

    You said about feeling immersed not me so it is you who is being subjective.

    You missing the point isn't subjective, believe me - its a reoccurring issue.

    Not being able to interact with the world and the world not being able to interact with you is not subjective it is fact. It is the very basis of how the game works and if you hadn't noticed allows you to go AFK with impunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    GTA 5 has not sold so well on PC and the Multi player version (the one that is measured through Xfire) was not that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    There is no way in hell Siege will last more than 6 months. It just isn't possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Anti-flying: Myriad of educated arguments as to why flying is detrimental to the game as a whole.
    Pro-flying: I like flying.

  19. #12059
    Thread summed up real nicely:

    Anti-flying: Myriad of educated arguments as to why flying is detrimental to the game as a whole.
    Pro-flying: I like flying.

    Did I get that right?

  20. #12060
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Are you kidding me? There are several legitimate reasons for it being gone that have been mentioned several times over every one of these flying threads.
    You can call it an attack but I'll call it being honest. I'm not gonna play the little game people play here and let you twist words.


    I'll throw this here too from my server the other day. I've seen it mentioned several other times and every single time there are people for it and not anyone against. Again, you're the vocal minority.

    Go mention flying in your trade and see what the ratio of people for/against is.
    Great lets take a sample from trade chat (the people that are already planting their asses in capital cities). See your little sample there pretty much excludes the people that are actually out in the world fucking you know doing thing. If you really think the majority are going to get to max level find out no flight trainer is to be found... and say "Yay now I can experience all the BS content I did while leveling all over again" I dont know what to tell you.

    I will be honest the removal of flight could be great for the game IF Blizzard made drastic changes, but they have proven they are either to creatively bankrupt or ignorant to do this.

    It doesn't take a twisting of words to shoot down every pathetic attempt the anti flight people keep posting lying to themselves that this is better for the game and those that play it. Every time your precious anti flight talking points are shot down, you become conveniently (one of ya really loves that word) silent only to rear your ugly heads hoping that the boards have forgotten that you were shot down.

    It is real simple this has nothing to do with making a better game and all to do with making the devs jobs easier, cutting costs, and a futile attempt to slow down the consumption of content.

    It is really simple it is like Field of Dreams (build it they will come) ... If Blizzard makes good content players will play it regardless of what mount they are on.

    I will ask once again ... what is innovative, original, creative or even exciting about this expac?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Thread summed up real nicely:

    Anti-flying: Flying breaks my game (even though I have played it for the past 7 years with it) WPVP RAWR!!!!
    Pro-flying: Myriad of educated arguments as to why flying is not detrimental to the game as a whole.

    Did I get that right?
    Na but I took a moment to correct that for you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Thread summed up real nicely:

    Anti-flying: Flying breaks my game (even though I have played it for the past 7 years with it) WPVP RAWR!!!!
    Pro-flying: Myriad of educated arguments as to why flying is not detrimental to the game as a whole.

    Did I get that right?
    Na but I took a moment to correct that for you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •