Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    You are far more dedicated then I may hat is off to you sir.

Fight the good fight and may your victory be sweet.
    What can you say, man is dedicated to this cause I'll prolly wait until 6.1, I won't miss much, and honestly I fucking hate leveling without flying mount, WoW questing is freaking worst part of the game. I know I won't have it while questing, but once I'm done, at least the fact I'll be able to get the fuck away from that shitpile mobs they call content will make it bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Narw View Post
    What can you say, man is dedicated to this cause I'll prolly wait until 6.1, I won't miss much, and honestly I fucking hate leveling without flying mount, WoW questing is freaking worst part of the game. I know I won't have it while questing, but once I'm done, at least the fact I'll be able to get the fuck away from that shitpile mobs they call content will make it bearable.
    Yah I was thinking what I would probably do is pick it up get to max level and then either level another toon or just play another game till 6.1 comes out.

Maybe Wildstar maybe a console game... I have so many console games that i bought that I have not even played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Wildstar maybe a console game... I have so many console games that i bought that I have not even played.
    I've same issue with my Steam games, I haven't even installed 80% of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Narw View Post
    WoW questing is freaking worst part of the game.
    Well, personally I'd love if Blizzard would grant an way to make leveling experience even longer and harder. I liked to fact that at launch of Mists of Pandaria I "had" to complete almost every single Quest to be able to reach maximum level. Nowadays I can just get level 87-88 in Jade Forest and get 90 in either Krasarang Wilds or Valley of the Four Winds, depending on route.

And then Blizzard forces those experience nerfs to playerbase, without even granting an option to disable them. It's not fun when you greatly out-level the zone before reaching the other half of it. And this happens even without using heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

Well, personally I'd love if Blizzard would grant an way to make leveling experience even longer and harder. I liked to fact that at launch of Mists of Pandaria I "had" to complete almost every single Quest to be able to reach maximum level. Nowadays I can just get level 87-88 in Jade Forest and get 90 in either Krasarang Wilds or Valley of the Four Winds, depending on route.

And then Blizzard forces those experience nerfs to playerbase, without even granting an option to disable them. It's not fun when you greatly out-level the zone before reaching the other half of it. And this happens even without using heirlooms.
    Yah personally I like the leveling experience for the most part.

Except one thing... you know that quest in the Jade Forest where you had to take control of the 3 NPCs to tell that story.... that was fine ONCE.... OMG I hated that quest so much the only way my characters would progress beyond it is if my wife did it for me...

There was a quest chain like that in Vashir where you had to play a Naga.... I pay my money to play my characters... not some dumb ass NPCs....

Anyhow I think a option for remove the xp buff that they inevitably add later in the game if a fine idea... not sure how many people would use it though. Or better yet have it so all mobs scale w/ya .. that would be neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are far more dedicated then I my hat is off to you sir.

Fight the good fight and may your victory be sweet.

So have all the anti flight people conceded and left the thread .. it has grown remarkably silent.
    I think they are still waking up, or just getting home. Most of them likely have no idea that my ban has lifted and I am back in here gloating about Blizz removing its cranium from its rectum and starting to move in the right direction. Once they announce the 6.1 arrival of flight, THEN I will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I think they are still waking up, or just getting home. Most of them likely have no idea that my ban has lifted and I am back in here gloating about Blizz removing its cranium from its rectum and starting to move in the right direction. Once they announce the 6.1 arrival of flight, THEN I will be happy.
    Yah I am not going to jump out and buy my collectors edition pre order (again) until i get confirmation it is returning in 6.1. Although I find it annoying to not be able to fly at max level I can deal with it for a couple of months.

btw really dig your location = )

10+ Year Old Account
    Yah I am not going to jump out and buy my collectors edition pre order (again) until i get confirmation it is returning in 6.1. Although I find it annoying to not be able to fly at max level I can deal with it for a couple of months.

btw really dig your location = )
    Thanks mate Yeah, this was never about no flying til 6.1. Had the unlock always existed, this thread would have died 500 pages ago. Until the unlock comes, this thread will not die. I will not allow it.

Are you guys happy with the recent blue post? I am against flying in WoD and that sounds like a very fair way of handling it. Works out for both sides and isn't selfish. Waiting til 6.1 allows those of us against flying to enjoy the world opening up, while using the feedback from 6.0 will give you guys an idea on how big the minority for bringing flying back is. and if all is well you'll get it back.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2014-07-14 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks mate Yeah, this was never about no flying til 6.1. Had the unlock always existed, this thread would have died 500 pages ago. Until the unlock comes, this thread will not die. I will not allow it.
    I think that was something that many of the anti flight people missed. We didn't care we couldn't fly while leveling, and not really ticked about not being able to at max level until the first content patch.

What really got us fired up was the no flight for the whole expansion.

- - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Are you guys happy with the recent blue post? I am against flying in WoD and that sounds like a very fair way of handling it. Works out for both sides and isn't selfish. Waiting til 6.1 allows those of us against flying to enjoy the world opening up, while using the feedback from 6.0 will give you guys an idea on how big the minority for bringing flying back is. and if all is well you'll get it back.
    Most of us had no problem w/no flight till 6.1 If they had stuck with what they said at Blizzcon this would have never have gotten as crazy as it has.

Also obviously with Blizz change in direction regarding this .. it appears as though it was the anti flight people that were in the minority... if that wasn't the case why change direction at all. No flight is definitely better for devs.. makes quests easier to design, extends content, etc etc.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-07-14 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that was something that many of the anti flight people missed. We didn't care we couldn't fly while leveling, and not really ticked about not being able to at max level until the first content patch.

What really got us fired up was the no flight for the whole expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of us had no problem w/no flight till 6.1 If they had stuck with what they said at Blizzcon this would have never have gotten as crazy as it has.
    Bingo. Tell me at Blizzcon we are waiting to see about Flight, and this NEVER would have been an issue. But, tell me one thing, let me buy 3 copies of the game and pay for more than a dozen boosted alts for other servers, and THEN tell me there might be no unlock in 6.1? Fuck that. I don't abide sneaky bait 'n switch, "We changed our minds" bullshit tactics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Not really since it is just another way of phrasing "Wait and see". The only thing they did was say there is a CHANCE there will be an unlock if people dislike the change. Was the same thing Bashiok told me on Twitter months ago. "An unlock quest is neither on the table, nor off the table. We just want to wait and see." This last post is NO closer to an unlock than his blathering on Twitter. Until I see a flying unlock in 6.1, I have NO intention of easing up on them, and will continue to make their posts hell, and their conversations WELL REHEARSED.

10+ Year Old Account
    So have all the anti flight people conceded and left the thread .. it has grown remarkably silent.
    Nah, still here - just trying to keep more passive state than earlier to prevent another scene.

Anyhow I think a option for remove the xp buff that they inevitably add later in the game if a fine idea... not sure how many people would use it though. Or better yet have it so all mobs scale w/ya .. that would be neat.
    Well, I've seen few players requesting such features over the time and I can't see it requiring much coding to be honest. They already have an code which increases your characters gained experience, they'd just need to make another one which works backwards and reduces incoming experience.

And meanwhile I'd love an NPC similar to Behsten <Experience Eliminator>, which would offer an buff which reduces your open-world damage and healing by certain percentage against mobs to make it a bit more challenging.

Another work-a-round would be the scaling as you said. Some people might simply state that you can just do those green/gray Quests, but it just isn't the same anymore than doing yellow or orange ones... or like in old times, red Quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Once they announce the 6.1 arrival of flight, THEN I will be happy.
    I think that we'll need to have max level open for some time for them to allow gathering a bit more data about it until they are going to say directly that there "will" be flying with patch 6.1, but I believe that it's coming with it anyways.

Can't wait to see what kind of Quest chain they have planned for flying anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that we'll need to have max level open for some time for them to allow gathering a bit more data about it until they are going to say directly that there "will" be flying with patch 6.1, but I believe that it's coming with it anyways.

Can't wait to see what kind of Quest chain they have planned for flying anyways.
    Agreed. I would love to see it tied to some quest that takes you into every zone, and ultimately against some world boss, like a Holiday boss, whom you have to kill for the magical herbs to feed your dragons and pour into your gastanks.

Bingo. Tell me at Blizzcon we are waiting to see about Flight, and this NEVER would have been an issue. But, tell me one thing, let me buy 3 copies of the game and pay for more than a dozen boosted alts for other servers, and THEN tell me there might be no unlock in 6.1? Fuck that. I don't abide sneaky bait 'n switch, "We changed our minds" bullshit tactics.
    Even if announced at Blizzcon I still would have been pissed about the removal of flight, and still would have quit. I just don't buy removing a feature that has been in the game for 7 years (a widely popular feature) to be a good idea... IMO

As far as Bashioks recent statement I see it as a good sign. We went from flying in 6.1, Wait and See, to We Dont know, and now we are at 6.1 seems like a good place to allow flying.... but before i purchase I am going to wait for a commitment.

You want my money give me my wings

Nah, still here - just trying to keep more passive state than earlier to prevent another scene.
    Dont recall you ever making a scene but ok <shrug>

Personally I just hope we find out before it launches..

I would be all for a nice epic quest to get flight once... that being said i only want to do it once... I have many many alts... and doing it on all of them would suck like a cheap whore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont recall you ever making a scene but ok <shrug>
    At one point I got mad and deleted almost seven pages of this thread.

Yes, I've been here for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    There's no argument when it comes to worrying about wasting time.
    Except that, gee, I don't know, most of the time spent in a zone is mounted up and not on a flight path? And that's where time is being wasted?

Also, it's not about "disliking" WoW, it's ultimately the realization that it's an MMO - you do the same tasks repeatedly. Repetition is the game's nature. So then, why are we getting all riled up about "better" questing? When you're doing things over and over and over and over, does it really matter how "immersive" the game is after a certain point? The first time through on the ground is enough. Why does the tedium need to persist at level cap? Why? For PvP zones, I can completely understand, but all others? Why? Because it's easier on designers, it extends the lifetime of content, and appeals who the players who somehow think the "magic" in WoW will simply magically return if flying mounts are banned.

And I'll see all you "anti-flight" people happily using your mounts the minute 6.1 drops. Toodles!
    Look! Words!

At one point I got mad and deleted almost seven pages of this thread.

Yes, I've been here for a long time.
    Oh wow really .. ROTFL ..

Was it me that set ya off?

Probably not I really haven't been in the thread that long or I just wasn't that active...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Except that, gee, I don't know, most of the time spent in a zone is mounted up and not on a flight path? And that's where time is being wasted?

Also, it's not about "disliking" WoW, it's ultimately the realization that it's an MMO - you do the same tasks repeatedly. Repetition is the game's nature. So then, why are we getting all riled up about "better" questing? When you're doing things over and over and over and over, does it really matter how "immersive" the game is after a certain point? The first time through on the ground is enough. Why does the tedium need to persist at level cap? Why? For PvP zones, I can completely understand, but all others? Why? Because it's easier on designers, it extends the lifetime of content, and appeals who the players who somehow think the "magic" in WoW will simply magically return if flying mounts are banned.

And I'll see all you "anti-flight" people happily using your mounts the minute 6.1 drops. Toodles!
    I think the anti flight people have abandoned this thread ..FYI

Cept for Anzaman he/she is reasonable and intelligent though... so she is welcome while we do our quasi victory lap = )

10+ Year Old Account
    Cept for Anzaman he/she is reasonable and intelligent though... so she is welcome while we do our quasi victory lap = )
    Just for future info, I'm male as my profile-name is trying to point out - Anza_man. We had two persons with same name in school, so everybody called me with that nickname, "Anza", so I started using that in games and forums.

And no, it wasn't you. Just had bad day and a bit fever, not smartest idea to march into war-zone in such condition.

Just for future info, I'm male as my profile-name is trying to point out - Anza_man. We had two persons with same name in school, so everybody called me with that nickname, "Anza", so I started using that in games and forums.

And no, it wasn't you. Just had bad day and a bit fever, not smartest idea to march into war-zone in such condition.
    but but the picture looks so feminine ... I can't really talk my main is a female space goat (hey if I am going to look at a ass all day it is going to be a nice one), actually that was mainly because I didn't like the male models for most the races... the worgen was ok .. but since mine was a druid I stared at kitty butt most the time.

good to know kind sir... I will probably member .. ok maybe.. ok probably not ... I am old ok...

Ok glad it wasn't me. Although when my wife asked what I was doing .. I admitted that i was trying to chase ordinator away... Didn't work though .. I guess some people are immune to logic barrage ...

I had to walk away from the boards for a time... cause I knew my mood was to foul .. and I would end up with far to many infractions... not that I haven't gotten any ... but I probably would have gotten myself banned.. lol
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-07-14 at 09:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    but but the picture looks so feminine ... I can't really talk my main is a female space goat (hey if I am going to look at a ass all day it is going to be a nice one), actually that was mainly because I didn't like the male models for most the races... the worgen was ok .. but since mine was a druid I stared at kitty butt most the time.
    I like Draenei's lore, but the male model simply was too... ugh... don't like it... so ended up creating female one.

My avatar (and signature) is soon changing to my Shaman anyways as WoD Monk changes drove my away from my Windwalker. Long I suffered through multiple changes within MoP, but WoD WW combat changes is simply too much for me to stomach.

- - - Updated - - -

I had to walk away from the boards for a time... cause I knew my mood was to foul .. and I would end up with far to many infractions... not that I haven't gotten any ... but I probably would have gotten myself banned.. lol
    Multiple times over these months I've seen several posts which I could have posted something which I'd heavily regret, so I simply changed page instead of posting anything insulting... or at least tried to.

Multiple times over these months I've seen several posts which I could have posted something which I'd heavily regret, so I simply changed page instead of posting anything insulting... or at least tried to.
    Yah I am sure as you can tell I wasn't able to hold my tongue to well ... but hey I am American .... that is one of the things we do best is talk shit = )