Deleted
    Why is everyone still complaining about flying? Has no one checked the front page today?

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Well this does not solve the problem that the world on the ground feels empty and there is no player interaction.
    So what your saying is you are willing making sure to never go to quest areas because no matter what people do they will be on the ground doing the quest. If you never see them, then you either don't do max level quests or you're a person that never leaves town.

So the argument of not seeing people is pretty false unless you are doing your best to not see them.

It´s just not fun when 95% of a server population is flying somewhere above your head and you never get to see them except in a city or when they land to do some mining.
    At least you admit to seeing them sometimes, you will also see them in every quest area. The world is populated, if you're upset because you didn't see random stranger #492 in the middle of no where, then thats on you as it will rarely happen flying or not.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-07-30 at 02:08 PM.

Well this does not solve the problem that the world on the ground feels empty and there is no player interaction.
    It´s just not fun when 95% of a server population is flying somewhere above your head and you never get to see them except in a city or when they land to do some mining.
    Hardly a problem with flying, but mostly a problem with lack of things to do in the world. There are a few hubs here and there with repeatable content, but most of the world doesn't need to be visited anymore after you're done questing there.
    Even MoP has this problem. At first glance it looks like there's a lot to do practically everywhere, but most of it is a one time activity or a handful of times at most. Most collectibles can only be found once, rares aren't worth it to most people after the first kill or after getting the special item for the few people who care about that, so that leaves us with daily quest hubs mostly. The only thing that really sends you all over the world are archaeology and pet battles, but both of these are only done by relatively few people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    Why is everyone still complaining about flying? Has no one checked the front page today?
    I just scanned the front page and didn't see anything regarding flight?

Cause if I get a guarantee it is returning I will be getting my pre order (again) tomorrow, and activate my sub today.

Cause although I am enjoying Wildstar I feel as though I have hit a brick wall. Haven't found a group of people to run with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    rares aren't worth it to most people after the first kill or after getting the special item for the few people who care about that,
    Although in WoD rares will only drop stuff once ... so that is gone.

so that leaves us with daily quest hubs mostly.
    I saw tons of people while doing daily quests, people working together, grouping, hell even some WPVP on my PVE server.... I must have just imagined it though cause we could fly.

The only thing that really sends you all over the world are archaeology and pet battles, but both of these are only done by relatively few people.
    Even fewer if flight isn't available.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-07-30 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Holy heck, there are still people crying about flying?
    Sheesh.
    This community is absolutely grand.

Sooner this expansion is out the better, then people can either quit and shut up, or realize that not flying isn't world-shattering, it just requires more effort.

I have faith in Blizzard to crumble and bring back flying, they're weak.
    Holy heck, there are still people coming into the thread crying about people that are crying? Sheesh.

Thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the conversation!

I've got some bad news... Blizzard is designing the game towards more queuing content and phasing areas. Which means you won't see anyone anyway. You're also misguided if you think the world seems empty because people are flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Here is why we won't be able to fly: jumping puzzles.

Guess what? The world will STILL be empty. Just for the wrong reasons.

Please understand that this isn't a "fix" to anything because nothing is broken. It's just a way for them to buy more time to implement stuff they can't by launch.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    How are jumping puzzles impossible with flying enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I enjoy jumping puzzles. Wildstar has some excellent and really fun jumping puzzles the thing is though Wildstar is designed for it WoW isn't.

When you jump in WoW you are committed you are landing in the exact same spot no matter how you twist and turn. Honestly how many of the jumping puzzles in WoW are fun?

Timeless Isle people did em once for the reward then never touched them again.

Isle of Thunder that one jumping puzzle ... was only done more then once cause it was a daily.

They could easily put jumping puzzles in caves, or use a mechanic where you don't get credit if you use your flying mount...

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Guess what? The world will STILL be empty. Just for the wrong reasons.

Please understand that this isn't a "fix" to anything because nothing is broken. It's just a way for them to buy more time to implement stuff they can't by launch.
    So you mean they are removing flying to cut corners in the zones that aint finished ?

I've been playing beta and not being able to fly is such an immersive experience. It's really cool and you guys will have a chance to experience it once 6.0 comes out. If I had to say anything, we need some more flight points. But not flying could be healthy for the game and its community. You guys might even have a change in opinion about it.

Don't call it out until you've had a chance to experience it.

Are we able to explore the world in full, or only from the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    So you mean they are removing flying to cut corners in the zones that aint finished ?
    Where the fuck am I saying that in that post?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I've been playing beta and not being able to fly is such an immersive experience. It's really cool and you guys will have a chance to experience it once 6.0 comes out. If I had to say anything, we need some more flight points. But not flying could be healthy for the game and its community. You guys might even have a change in opinion about it.

I have gotten to play beta.

However I can see it beyond the rose tinted glasses of finally having some new content.

In 2-3 months tops that content is going to be the same thing as always and w/out flight it is going to be a tedious mess to do anything but sit in capital cities (garrisons) and que.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Where the fuck am I saying that in that post?
    Be nice. No reason to snap his head off. Probably quoted the wrong person or something

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    It would be a logical conclusion with all the announcements about what is being delayed instead of what is being added.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-07-30 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I have gotten to play beta.

However I can see it beyond the rose tinted glasses of finally having some new content.

In 2-3 months tops that content is going to be the same thing as always and w/out flight it is going to be a tedious mess to do anything but sit in capital cities (garrisons) and que.
    Maybe you can see without rose tinted glasses because apparently you are also looking through a time machine

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Maybe you can see without rose tinted glasses because apparently you are also looking through a time machine
    See I am finding out I can do this thing called deductive reasoning.

So I don't need a time machine.

Blizzard could have made a WoD w/out flight interesting, innovative, creative, exciting, challenging, the simple problem is they didn't.

As the people who are testing beta have even said.

10+ Year Old Account

We don't expect flying while leveling and explore.

Immersion is subjective. A flying mount with wings that can't fly is not immersive to me. Being handcuffed to a forced AFK flight taxi is not immersive to me. Flying on a personal flying mount lets me swoop down when something interesting pops up, that's immersive to me.

Blizzard has created no flying content many times, we've already tried it. TI was a steaming pile of shit, people only went there because it was a loot pinata.

No flying is not healthy for the game, the penalty of no flight will push people out of the open world to play the game from menus in cities and garrisons. Bad move Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    We don't expect flying while leveling and explore.

Immersion is subjective. A flying mount with wings that can't fly is not immersive to me. Being handcuffed to a forced AFK flight taxi is not immersive to me. Flying on a personal flying mount lets me swoop down when something interesting pops up, that's immersive to me.

Blizzard had create no flying content many times, we've already tried it. TI was a steaming pile of shit, people only went there because it was a loot pinata.

No flying is not healthy for the game, the penalty of no flight will push people out of the open world to play the game from menus in cities and garrisons. Bad move Blizzard!
    your immersion is also subjective and no truer than my immersion.

imo flying mounts are ruining this game and its social aspect. the world feels empty
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2014-07-30 at 03:26 PM.

Im sorry but i have already experienced no flying.... in every expac so far..
    you could NOT flying while leveling in every expansion so far except cataclysm so NO flying while leveling is nothing new ...
    and thats what you are doing in Beta....leveling, isnt it?
    No one is asking to be able to fly while leveling, people are asking to fly at MAX lvl and some like me are even ok if Blizzard confirmed that flying would return at 6.1 patch...

think before you post....

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    What totally blows my mind is that the anti flight people can't seem to grasp this. Or maybe they just don't care cause they think it will somehow <shrug> be more fun for them.