Well for one you're wrong, the capital thread is still under 600 pages. As for the reason this conversation is so stale at this point, like I said it's eight months old now. And at this point the discussion of this subject is basically over, since Blizzard has reverted to their "6.1 probably" stance, which satisfied the majority of detractors.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Well for one you're wrong, the capital thread is still under 600 pages. As for the reason this conversation is so stale at this point, like I said it's eight months old now. And at this point the discussion of this subject is basically over, since Blizzard has reverted to their "6.1 probably" stance, which satisfied the majority of detractors.
    They never didn't go away from it, it was just alarmists freaking out saying they did.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Ahhh, it seems they HAD to delay flying, not all of the continent will we open at launch.

https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/492417961466949633

Explains a lot imo.
    Those parts of Tanaan were always going to open later in the patch.

And flying was always going to be restricted.

So... draw?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Those parts of Tanaan were always going to open later in the patch.

And flying was always going to be restricted.

So... draw?
    Unless I'm mistaken, they only recently told us that tanaan would be patch content. Can you provide me with some sort of proof that shows tanaan was always going to be patch content? I'd love to read it, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    True but they're not trying to be a heroic raider if they're spending all their time farming gold. And it's no secret that time investment=greater reward. It's true for almost anything.

Someone plays 12 hours a day farming gold? They can't possibly have killed any heroic bosses! /sarcasm

Ah, yes, let's throw in the "no true scotsmen" fallacy to go with all your other fallacious statements. It doesn't take much effort to kill a few heroic bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    They never didn't go away from it, it was just alarmists freaking out saying they did.
    Oh come on. It's not like Blizzard wouldn't go for less art-team-stress if they could and flying requires a deeper level of detail when making areas. The people's concern was valid, keeping that under consideration.

Most of the argument is still being based on travel time when it's really not gonna be that hard to get around.
    I'm not sure if you're in the beta or not but its a bore now and I'm not max level yet. Why you ask?

Just seeing the same places over and over without what I would consider a normal leveling experience because it's beta (consistantly being in the same areas) it's easy to see that at max level, no flying is going to suck.

No amount of TI-style content can fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the argument is still being based on travel time when it's really not gonna be that hard to get around.
    It's more than travel time. We've explained it to you many times and you are to thickheaded to admit it. We play games for fun. Many of us do not find it fun to slog through low level mobs that are no risk, no challenge and little reward. This is not fun for many of us.
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-08-04 at 03:18 PM.

I'm just gonna giggle when WoD comes out and noone complains about no flight. All of you will just be like 'oh...'. Logic went out the window a long time ago in this thread, but I'll respond for the lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimskull22 View Post
    Hi! My (And many other people's) Argument consists of 'Hey. I've done this crap and seen that for the two-millionth time in a few months, and will continue to see it on dozens of alts! It's stale now, lemme fly in 6.1' which isn't asking for much. after being given 3-4 months to do it all, people griping about flight because of reasons are being greedy as hell.
    So you can go do more things you've seen 2 million times? Don't complain about repetition in a game like this. And it's always been 6.1, people just need something to gripe about. People asking for flight are greedy and lazy as hell. Lazy lazy lazy, all it is. You've had it easy for 2-3 expansions that no flight in a continent seems extreme to you. Poor babies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    It's more than travel time. We've explained it to you many times and you are to thickheaded to admit it. We play games for fun. Many of us do not find it fun to slog through low level mobs that are no risk, no challenge and little reward. This is not fun for many of us.
    It's all based on travel time, though. You say it's about more then say you're 'slogging' through areas, come off it. And no lol, you people are just too thick headed to understand what flying does to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I'm not sure if you're in the beta or not but its a bore now and I'm not max level yet. Why you ask?

Just seeing the same places over and over without what I would consider a normal leveling experience because it's beta (consistantly being in the same areas) it's easy to see that at max level, no flying is going to suck.

No amount of TI-style content can fix it.
    If you're already sick of seeing the places in Beta then guess what, you're the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Someone plays 12 hours a day farming gold? They can't possibly have killed any heroic bosses! /sarcasm

Ah, yes, let's throw in the "no true scotsmen" fallacy to go with all your other fallacious statements. It doesn't take much effort to kill a few heroic bosses.
    Did you even read what he said?
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-08-04 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you can go do more things you've seen 2 million times? Don't complain about repetition in a game like this. People asking for flight are greedy and lazy as hell. Lazy lazy lazy, all it is. You've had it easy for 2-3 expansions that no flight in a continent seems extreme to you. Poor babies.

- - - Updated - - -

It's all based on travel time, though. And no lol, you people are just too thick headed to understand what flying does to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're already sick of seeing the places in Beta then guess what, you're the problem.
    I just explained to you it was about what I find fun in the game and you dismissed it. You don't know what I enjoy or don't in the game. You truly are dense to not recognize that people enjoy the game it different ways.

You are hopeless.

Archaeology and professions are in a sad state right now in Beta. No flying stance makes it really hard to gather the appropriate mats needed. The rewards are way too low for the amount of time needed.

Even in a game like Lineage 2 where crafting and mat gathering was difficult the reward was still high despite having a lot of time/risk involved. Blizzard's design is really bad given they have increase the time/mats needed to do anything with professions and the rewards are really low.

You are pretty much tethered to your garrison to make any meaningful progress with your chosen profession. That directly counters the goal of world exploration.

I just explained to you it was about what I find fun in the game and you dismissed it. You don't know what I enjoy or don't in the game. You truly are dense to not recognize that people enjoy the game it different ways.

You are hopeless.
    I get that you don't like it, wtf you want me to do about it? I do like it, so where does that leave us? You want Bliz to give you everything you like and take away everything you don't? It's fine to have that opinion but it's pretty meaningless. I might like fish scented cologne but that doesn't mean they should start making it.

Do I need to post more trade screenshots showing how few people are against the change?
    - - - Updated - - -
    "" l
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Archaeology and professions are in a sad state right now in Beta. No flying stance makes it really hard to gather the appropriate mats needed. The rewards are way too low for the amount of time needed.

Even in a game like Lineage 2 where crafting and mat gathering was difficult the reward was still high despite having a lot of time/risk involved. Blizzard's design is really bad given they have increase the time/mats needed to do anything with professions and the rewards are really low.

You are pretty much tethered to your garrison to make any meaningful progress with your chosen profession. That directly counters the goal of world exploration.
    Luckily beta is beta.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-08-04 at 03:49 PM.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please, no more pictures of Trade Chat.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that you don't like it, wtf you want me to do about it?
    But you don't get it with statements like "flying is about travel time".
    I do like it, so where does that leave us?
    There is enough room in the game for both of our likes and dislikes. For extended period of time there will be no flying anywhere in Wod. After that, flying will be added, but not in all zones. You will continue to get no flying in those zone. The fly crowd will get flying in other zones after a long wait.

You want Bliz to give you everything you like and take away everything you don't?
    WRONG! I don't want everything only the way I want it, I understand Blizzard will make both camps happy as possible with the method listed above.
    It's fine to have that opinion but it's pretty meaningless. I might like fish scented cologne but that doesn't mean they should start making it.
    Opinions are not meaningless, Blizzard wants to design the game to get the maximum subscriptions, they want our opinions to understand what we want to purchase.

Do I need to post more trade screenshots showing how few people are against the change?.
    I understand there are people on both sides of the argument, who doesn't understand this?
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-08-05 at 02:18 PM.

Deleted
    But it is. Flying: 280% travel speed. Ground mount: 100% travel speed and less because you get probably dismounted by low level mobs, which you have to kill first.. for no gain.

For extended period of time there will be no flying anywhere in Wod. After that, flying will be added, but not in all zones. You will continue to get no flying in those zone. The fly crowd will get flying in other zones after a long wait.
    If i was the fly crowd, i would wait with buying WoD until flying was enabled again.

Blizzard wants to design the game to get the maximum subscriptions, they want our opinions to understand what we want to purchase.
    Currently, blizzard designs the game to save as much development effort as possible and to gain as much money as possible from existing subs and microtransactions.

I understand there are people on both sides of the argument, who doesn't understand this?
    Last polls showed 66% want to fly, 10% dont care an the rest wants classic back. And those people would remove everything from the game that was being built in since tbc. Just to check if they would feel like the very first time they played a MMO.

There is enough room in the game for both of our likes and dislikes. For extended period of time there will be no flying anywhere in Wod. After that, flying will be added, but not in all zones. You will continue to get no flying in those zone. The fly crowd will get flying in other zones after a long wait.

WRONG! I don't not what everything only the way I want it, I understand Blizzard will make both camps happy as possible with the method listed above. Opinions are not meaningless, Blizzard wants to design the game to get the maximum subscriptions, they want our opinions to understand what we want to purchase.

I don't know what you mean by your first response. The main argument is about travel, and it takes intense dramatization and exaggeration to even make that argument as it simply isn't that hard to get around without flying mounts.

And I'm fine with that as long as there is no flying for more than a month or 2. As long as flying isn't opened up 2 weeks after reaching 100. The only people I have a problem with are those that want flying right off the bat and those complaining that there will never be flying(no where has this ever been suggested that I've seen, OP grabbed this out of thin air). But this still doesn't address how flying is OP once it is back in all zones.

Opinions arent necessarily meaningless but they aren't necessarily not.

There are people on both sides, but there is nothing to show that there are equal numbers of those people.

SNIP....

Or like every expansion ,after you have seen the same mobs and the same buildings for months, it all becomes a back drop to whatever you decide to do that particular day.

Removing flight at max level doesn't suddenly make mob #482903 interesting or even worth looking at much less some random building. Flight is then needed to keep entertainment and fun at a better pace.

Again, removing flying at max level will not bring anything to the WOW experience except more TI-style content and that was not worth it when it was in a free patch much less for $50.

SNIP....

There are people on both sides, but there is nothing to show that there are equal numbers of those people.
    It seems blizzard once thought it was about a 50/50 split. Might have been best to allow each to do what they want instead of removing one groups choice.

Hell, they could have adjusted flying instead of removing it for some random amount of time.

Blizzard chose the less intelligent option it seems.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-08-04 at 05:28 PM.

Oh please stop this insanity.......there will be no flying at launch it will be introduced in 6.1. By either a quest or a gold sink. Move on this is really just plain insanity to go on and on for months like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    Oh please stop this insanity.......there will be no flying at launch it will be introduced in 6.1. By either a quest or a gold sink. Move on this is really just plain insanity to go on and on for months like this.
    Have you seen some of the theory-crafting posts from Blizzard?

They go one fore dayssssss about how a modification to a spell mechanic will change.

There is nothing from Blizzard on the effect that modifying transportaion will have.

Currently = We travel at 310% in a straight line avoiding everything. Even with this travel, it still takes too long to get places.

Possible modifications = We travel at 100% backwards to a flight point to fly at 280% in a curved non-linear path to land at a place away from our location. At this point we need to travel at 100% speed.

Where is the theory-crafting regarding our transportation times. In a best case scenario what takes five minutes may take 15 minutes. That is a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main argument is about travel, and it takes intense dramatization and exaggeration to even make that argument as it simply isn't that hard to get around without flying mounts.
    There are many arguments about why flying is good or bad. Maybe to you it is about travel or time like you said before. You try to limit the scope of what flying is so you can dismiss our arguments.

Another aspect of flying is fun. I play WoW for fun. Flying lets us participate in what we find fun and skip what we don't find fun. Get this in your thick head, many of us do not have fun slogging trough low level mobs that provide no risk, no challenge and little reward. Flying lets us skip what we do not find fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Opinions arent necessarily meaningless but they aren't necessarily not..
    If you don't want to discuss opinions, why are you posting in this forum. That is why we are here.
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-08-05 at 02:19 PM.

So do you all think we will be given a definite answer in regards to flight before WoDs release?

Maybe on the webcast on the 15?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    Blizz hasn't committed to this, and unfortunately until we have such I would expect flight to be delayed as long as possible.

I will just keep playing Wildstar should have my second 50 in a couple of days.