Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    This isn't about flying while leveling, but at max level.
    I really wouldn't mind flying while leveling though, MoP leveling was major PITA, I hated every second of it, and I literally cheered when I got my flying mount. I couldn't be bothered to level my alt. I do get that they want to slow people down while leveling, so we don't eat through first tier like ants. This whole "get the story, bla, bla", you can do the same with flying mounts, just much faster.

But I do get their logic as company, I'd do the same, they want to buy more time, because nothing drop subs like lack of content, and they simply can't produce enough if we're chewing through it. Or they can, but it will be shit.

What's the XP rate atm in Beta, how fast can you gain levels? Or XP ratio is abyssal as it was in MoP where you needed 456119478974 quests to get to 90?

Quote Originally Posted by Narw View Post
    I couldn't be bothered to level my alt.
    Me neither, but I think this has more to do with how quests are setup in Pandaria than with flying. I don't have any problems with Northrend or Cata zones.
    I don't see why Blizzard still wants us to experience the zones from ground view only on the 6th alt. Especially after that many times doing the same activities a bit different can make it a bit more interesting.
    But I do get their logic as company, I'd do the same, they want to buy more time, because nothing drop subs like lack of content, and they simply can't produce enough if we're chewing through it. Or they can, but it will be shit.
    Or instead of releasing big patches like now, release smaller ones that build up to one big event.

I really wouldn't mind flying while leveling though, MoP leveling was major PITA, I hated every second of it, and I literally cheered when I got my flying mount. I couldn't be bothered to level my alt. I do get that they want to slow people down while leveling, so we don't eat through first tier like ants. This whole "get the story, bla, bla", you can do the same with flying mounts, just much faster.

What's the XP rate atm in Beta, how fast can you gain levels? Or XP ratio is abyssal as it was in MoP where you needed 456119478974 quests to get to 90?
    Yah leveling in MoP more then once was dreadful.

Thankfully both my wife and I had the two person flying mounts so we would just powerlevel each other through the content. Although it would have been nice to be able to play our alts together no flight and MoP just didn't make that fun. so we did the one max level that could fly and one alt that couldn't.

6.1 isn't coming out one month for launch as Blizz didn't like that set up that they did for MoP. Basically, they are going to attempt to milk the no flying stance as long as they can to buy themselves time since they are so far behind trying to get content ready for 6.1 and launch.

Right now, the content of WoD leveling and at level cap is very sparse and spartan like a Korean MMORPG. No quest hubs and professions are so interlinked that WoW's economy will experience what happens in other Koreean grinders that take the same approach (eg shortage of supplies and high demand).

Based on what I have seen of the WoD content and continent itself most people will be bored within one month in but Blizz will try to release 6.1 3 to 4 months post launch of expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    6.1 isn't coming out one month for launch as Blizz didn't like that set up that they did for MoP. Basically, they are going to attempt to milk the no flying stance as long as they can to buy themselves time since they are so far behind trying to get content ready for 6.1 and launch.

Right now, the content of WoD leveling and at level cap is very sparse and spartan like a Korean MMORPG. No quest hubs and professions are so interlinked that WoW's economy will experience what happens in other Koreean grinders that take the same approach (eg shortage of supplies and high demand).

Based on what I have seen of the WoD content and continent itself most people will be bored within one month in but Blizz will try to release 6.1 3 to 4 months post launch of expansion.
    Yah this expac seriously feels like Blizzard is trying to kill their own game.

or maybe just doing a control ed bleed of the subs?

The problem is that they are not that invested into WoW as they have other games to tend to now. Also I am going to disagree with HeelsvsBabyface's latest azchats video where he said the world feels better with no flying.

Yes WoD is larger but the problem is that it is mostly EMPTY. What is the point of having a large world that is empty and lacks content. If Blizz filled the world with content and said no flying then that argument would be more logical than having a no flying stance and then leaving the world empty.

There is nothing to explore on the ground because there is no content. So why the anti flying stance?

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post

There is nothing to explore on the ground because there is no content. So why the anti flying stance?
    To slow down the consumption of content silly.

This isn't for the players this is for the Devs.

Cause the things they would have to do to make it so the removal of flight would benefit to the player isn't happening. Look no further then beta.

No flying. Perfect. Playing the beta the flight points and protal system in your garrison works great for transportation. In fact.. I think even a bit faster than flying. The ground has a good road network so getting to place to place without heavy mob problems is possible. Minus a few road ambush points, but hey, thats life in a savage land.

No flying or flying, still excellent game play.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    No flying. Perfect. Playing the beta the flight points and protal system in your garrison works great for transportation. In fact.. I think even a bit faster than flying. The ground has a good road network so getting to place to place without heavy mob problems is possible. Minus a few road ambush points, but hey, thats life in a savage land.

No flying or flying, still excellent game play.
    except no flying makes things like gathering, pet battles, archeology, etc etc ... into a time consuming tedious chore that isn't really even worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    To slow down the consumption of content silly.

This isn't for the players this is for the Devs.

Cause the things they would have to do to make it so the removal of flight would benefit to the player isn't happening. Look no further then beta.

except no flying makes things like gathering, pet battles, archeology, etc etc ... into a time consuming tedious chore that isn't really even worth doing.
    Present your proof.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Is that a fact. Please present that fact to me so I don't think you are just some immature kid making up crap. How the hell do you know how people will react?
    I'm not the one making the claim that it is game breaking.
    Last edited by Brandon138; 2014-08-03 at 12:44 AM.

"I don't want to pet battle because I have to ground mount to them."
    "Its not worth gathering herbs because I have to ground mount to them"

If they "aren't worth doing" because you can't fly to them, it's a problem with your expectations of the content, rather than a problem with travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post

If they "aren't worth doing" because you can't fly to them, it's a problem with your expectations of the content, rather than a problem with travel.
    Hey one of your anti flight buddies said it. He got all the Archeology achievements for MoP, when asked if he would have done it w/out a flying mount .. his answer "Hell No".

Gathering, archeology, pet battles (getting to them), dailies etc etc are already tedious, with flight they are much less tedious and can even be fun.

Sorry I have such high expectations for a game to be fun and not a tedious grind. I guess that is why none of the Korean MMOs I have played caught my interest beyond the leveling experience.

If you like that sort of thing good for you. I am willing to bet that the majority of WoW players won't. People play to have fun not be annoyed.

Just please for the love of all that is holy say " I like the removal of flight because it makes it more the game I prefer". Don't try to sell it like they are actually doing it for the benefit of the majority of player. When it is being done to benefit the Devs, Blizzs bottom line and a few players who if they hated flight so much should have left 7 years ago.

If that is Blizzs plan to copy those tedious MMOs (like beta seems to indicate) and don't bring flight back in 6.1, I won't return.

It only bums me out that I can't even sell my account.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-08-03 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post

I'm not the one making the claim that it is game breaking.
    People are saying it's game breaking for them as an individual.
    We won't know how many people feel it's game breaking for them until after WoD is out and we see numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

I like flying in itself so it's not just the wasted time, but look at it this way (though I am not sure I am even bothering since you will just ignore)

If someone has x hours to play, and right now they can spend, say, 80% of that time on content and 20% on flying to and from, and with ground travel in MoP, in that same time, maybe 40-50% of their played time is now travel or AFK on a flight path...

You really don't see why some people would have a problem with spending twice as much of their game time to get to the content they enjoy playing?

if the zones have been designed around no flying (ie: silvermoon), there won't be flying since it will be too much work later to update.

so...depends

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    if the zones have been designed around no flying (ie: silvermoon), there won't be flying since it will be too much work later to update.

so...depends
    The zones are built fully in 3D.

Obviously you aren't smart enough to see the point. It's too time-consuming. Essentially you are a being sued as a ping-pong ball across the landmass that becomes harder to navigate.

Strange. Blizzard said numerous of times, that they're impartial about players feedback. Well, as you may know, they really love to retweet tons of "positive feedback" tweets. But then, why they are not retweeting tweets like this and this ones? Obvious double standards? No?
    PurePVE Addon: If Blizzard refuses to solve our problems, we will find solutions by ourselves.
    Sorry for my bad english. My signature.(Warning! 9.6Mb gif animation)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios┬ęBashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post

so...depends
    somebody was saying there was a glitch in beta for druids where you could still fly and the zones are rendered in 3d so that really isn't a issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Obviously you aren't smart enough to see the point. It's too time-consuming. Essentially you are a being sued as a ping-pong ball across the landmass that becomes harder to navigate.
    Anti flyers really don't believe in this. For them it's "it will take as long as it takes", and if you spend more time doing it somehow, reward will be better, or will feel better. For them flying is "cheating, shortcut, catering the casuals", and removal of it "is putting back RPG in MMORPG". They are acting bit elitist really, because they "earned their reward, by getting there slowly". Makes no sense to anyone really, they are acting as if the problem is not in the content, but in the players who want to avoid it because it's shit and pointless time sink.

Actually, they don't believe in the prospect of "time-sink", and if you want something in the game, it has to take long, you have to commit to fully, do it for months. They can't really pin point why they don't like, they throw words like "feel, immersion" around, whereas concept of time is really strange to them. My guess: They have fuckton of it, and if you don't they will just go "well, then don't do it if you don't have time for it, Blizzard already catered the casuals enough".

Because, god forbid you play 5-10 hours a week and get on the same level with people who play 40. "But, but, but, I'm putting more time into game, I should be rewarded more". Nope, false, nope, nope, you don't, just because you spend more time in the game doesn't mean you have to progress more than me. Why: I pay same sub as you. And that's what bothers them the most.

And that's exacly what flying allows me. Maxed professions, fuckton of gold, rare achies, while playing as little as possible. They don't like the idea people are trying to be logged as little as possible while getting most out of their time.

Yah this expac seriously feels like Blizzard is trying to kill their own game.

or maybe just doing a control ed bleed of the subs?
    They are betting that people will just put up with it. Usually they are right too. People complain all the time. If you want them to act on the behavior of the player, you say your peace and the unsubscribe until it is fixed. Otherwise it's just noise, and that is why they treat their customers in the manner that they do.