1. #15081
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    To slow down the consumption of content silly.

    This isn't for the players this is for the Devs.

    Cause the things they would have to do to make it so the removal of flight would benefit to the player isn't happening. Look no further then beta.


    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    except no flying makes things like gathering, pet battles, archeology, etc etc ... into a time consuming tedious chore that isn't really even worth doing.
    Present your proof.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Is that a fact. Please present that fact to me so I don't think you are just some immature kid making up crap. How the hell do you know how people will react?
    I'm not the one making the claim that it is game breaking.
    Last edited by Brandon138; 2014-08-03 at 12:44 AM.

  2. #15082
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    except no flying makes things like gathering, pet battles, archeology, etc etc ... into a time consuming tedious chore that isn't really even worth doing.
    "I don't want to pet battle because I have to ground mount to them."
    "Its not worth gathering herbs because I have to ground mount to them"

    If they "aren't worth doing" because you can't fly to them, it's a problem with your expectations of the content, rather than a problem with travel.

  3. #15083
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    "I don't want to pet battle because I have to ground mount to them."
    "Its not worth gathering herbs because I have to ground mount to them"

    If they "aren't worth doing" because you can't fly to them, it's a problem with your expectations of the content, rather than a problem with travel.
    Hey one of your anti flight buddies said it. He got all the Archeology achievements for MoP, when asked if he would have done it w/out a flying mount .. his answer "Hell No".

    Gathering, archeology, pet battles (getting to them), dailies etc etc are already tedious, with flight they are much less tedious and can even be fun.

    Sorry I have such high expectations for a game to be fun and not a tedious grind. I guess that is why none of the Korean MMOs I have played caught my interest beyond the leveling experience.

    If you like that sort of thing good for you. I am willing to bet that the majority of WoW players won't. People play to have fun not be annoyed.

    Just please for the love of all that is holy say " I like the removal of flight because it makes it more the game I prefer". Don't try to sell it like they are actually doing it for the benefit of the majority of player. When it is being done to benefit the Devs, Blizzs bottom line and a few players who if they hated flight so much should have left 7 years ago.

    If that is Blizzs plan to copy those tedious MMOs (like beta seems to indicate) and don't bring flight back in 6.1, I won't return.

    It only bums me out that I can't even sell my account.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-08-03 at 02:14 AM.

  4. #15084
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post


    I'm not the one making the claim that it is game breaking.
    People are saying it's game breaking for them as an individual.
    We won't know how many people feel it's game breaking for them until after WoD is out and we see numbers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    "I don't want to pet battle because I have to ground mount to them."
    "Its not worth gathering herbs because I have to ground mount to them"

    If they "aren't worth doing" because you can't fly to them, it's a problem with your expectations of the content, rather than a problem with travel.
    I like flying in itself so it's not just the wasted time, but look at it this way (though I am not sure I am even bothering since you will just ignore)

    If someone has x hours to play, and right now they can spend, say, 80% of that time on content and 20% on flying to and from, and with ground travel in MoP, in that same time, maybe 40-50% of their played time is now travel or AFK on a flight path...

    You really don't see why some people would have a problem with spending twice as much of their game time to get to the content they enjoy playing?

  5. #15085
    if the zones have been designed around no flying (ie: silvermoon), there won't be flying since it will be too much work later to update.

    so...depends

  6. #15086
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    if the zones have been designed around no flying (ie: silvermoon), there won't be flying since it will be too much work later to update.

    so...depends
    The zones are built fully in 3D.

  7. #15087
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    "I don't want to pet battle because I have to ground mount to them."
    "Its not worth gathering herbs because I have to ground mount to them"

    If they "aren't worth doing" because you can't fly to them, it's a problem with your expectations of the content, rather than a problem with travel.
    Obviously you aren't smart enough to see the point. It's too time-consuming. Essentially you are a being sued as a ping-pong ball across the landmass that becomes harder to navigate.

  8. #15088
    Strange. Blizzard said numerous of times, that they're impartial about players feedback. Well, as you may know, they really love to retweet tons of "positive feedback" tweets. But then, why they are not retweeting tweets like this and this ones? Obvious double standards? No?
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios┬ęBashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

  9. #15089
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    if the zones have been designed around no flying (ie: silvermoon), there won't be flying since it will be too much work later to update.

    so...depends
    somebody was saying there was a glitch in beta for druids where you could still fly and the zones are rendered in 3d so that really isn't a issue.

  10. #15090
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Obviously you aren't smart enough to see the point. It's too time-consuming. Essentially you are a being sued as a ping-pong ball across the landmass that becomes harder to navigate.
    Anti flyers really don't believe in this. For them it's "it will take as long as it takes", and if you spend more time doing it somehow, reward will be better, or will feel better. For them flying is "cheating, shortcut, catering the casuals", and removal of it "is putting back RPG in MMORPG". They are acting bit elitist really, because they "earned their reward, by getting there slowly". Makes no sense to anyone really, they are acting as if the problem is not in the content, but in the players who want to avoid it because it's shit and pointless time sink.

    Actually, they don't believe in the prospect of "time-sink", and if you want something in the game, it has to take long, you have to commit to fully, do it for months. They can't really pin point why they don't like, they throw words like "feel, immersion" around, whereas concept of time is really strange to them. My guess: They have fuckton of it, and if you don't they will just go "well, then don't do it if you don't have time for it, Blizzard already catered the casuals enough".


    Because, god forbid you play 5-10 hours a week and get on the same level with people who play 40. "But, but, but, I'm putting more time into game, I should be rewarded more". Nope, false, nope, nope, you don't, just because you spend more time in the game doesn't mean you have to progress more than me. Why: I pay same sub as you. And that's what bothers them the most.

    And that's exacly what flying allows me. Maxed professions, fuckton of gold, rare achies, while playing as little as possible. They don't like the idea people are trying to be logged as little as possible while getting most out of their time.

  11. #15091
    Epic!
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The country that all others depend on
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Yah this expac seriously feels like Blizzard is trying to kill their own game.

    or maybe just doing a control ed bleed of the subs?
    They are betting that people will just put up with it. Usually they are right too. People complain all the time. If you want them to act on the behavior of the player, you say your peace and the unsubscribe until it is fixed. Otherwise it's just noise, and that is why they treat their customers in the manner that they do.

  12. #15092
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Simple really.

    Huge amounts of money are being sunk into a game that is dying. Hard to attract new investors when a significant part of you income is from a 10 year old game w/dwindling subs.

    Look at it this way. Your car runs but you have to sink 1k a month in it to keep it running at its peak, or you could sink in 200 a month and just keep it on the road. Then use the other 800 a month to buy a new car.

    It isn't hard math or even that complicated once you take your bias and Blizzard is god blinders off.
    Better comparison: Your car makes 50k a month, but you have to sink 1k to keep it doing that.

    Dwindling subs is not enough reason to kill your own product as long as it is profitable, and unless the devs eat and drink 24 carat gold while at work, wow is still profitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

  13. #15093
    Quote Originally Posted by Narw View Post
    Anti flyers really don't believe in this. For them it's "it will take as long as it takes", and if you spend more time doing it somehow, reward will be better, or will feel better. For them flying is "cheating, shortcut, catering the casuals", and removal of it "is putting back RPG in MMORPG". They are acting bit elitist really, because they "earned their reward, by getting there slowly". Makes no sense to anyone really, they are acting as if the problem is not in the content, but in the players who want to avoid it because it's shit and pointless time sink.

    Actually, they don't believe in the prospect of "time-sink", and if you want something in the game, it has to take long, you have to commit to fully, do it for months. They can't really pin point why they don't like, they throw words like "feel, immersion" around, whereas concept of time is really strange to them. My guess: They have fuckton of it, and if you don't they will just go "well, then don't do it if you don't have time for it, Blizzard already catered the casuals enough".


    Because, god forbid you play 5-10 hours a week and get on the same level with people who play 40. "But, but, but, I'm putting more time into game, I should be rewarded more". Nope, false, nope, nope, you don't, just because you spend more time in the game doesn't mean you have to progress more than me. Why: I pay same sub as you. And that's what bothers them the most.

    And that's exacly what flying allows me. Maxed professions, fuckton of gold, rare achies, while playing as little as possible. They don't like the idea people are trying to be logged as little as possible while getting most out of their time.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. I guess I am just a exception I can play as much as I like but w/out flight I just don't even want to bother.

    I guess being older maybe makes time more precious to me <shrug>

    I always loved logging in for raid nights, and a hour here or an hour there and was still able to get shit accomplished w/out flight... not going to happen

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Better comparison: Your car makes 50k a month, but you have to sink 1k to keep it doing that.

    Dwindling subs is not enough reason to kill your own product as long as it is profitable, and unless the devs eat and drink 24 carat gold while at work, wow is still profitable.
    First thing you have to understand is companies look at their products the way investors look at companies (stock)

    A game w/2 million subs will still be profitable ... but less demanding .. then you move resources elsewhere to attract new investors, players etc etc.

  14. #15094
    Do you guys have anything to say that isn't paranoid conspiracy theories? Flying is OP so they're taking it away temporarily, that's really all there is to it.

  15. #15095
    Warchief Mister Bojangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Do you guys have anything to say that isn't paranoid conspiracy theories? Flying is OP so they're taking it away temporarily, that's really all there is to it.
    That's totally fine. Nobody expected different.
    If you'll note the title of the thread, it was the possibility of no flying throughout the entire expansion that started this shitstorm.
    [Signature removed due to rustling white knight jimmies]

  16. #15096
    Epic! Perkunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kazakhstan
    Posts
    1,596
    Wait, sooo there's a bunch of people who don't comprehend that time and effort translate to rewards in this genre? That's adorable.
    Don't blame the casuals for making Warcraft worse. It's the unskilled masses who refuse to improve themselves and Blizzard who has decided to bribe these folks with an endless shower of purples that should draw the ire of both casual and hardcore alike. It was never about "seeing the content" for these people it's always been about the gear and their sense of entitlement.

  17. #15097
    Epic!
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The country that all others depend on
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Wait, sooo there's a bunch of people who don't comprehend that time and effort translate to rewards in this genre? That's adorable.
    They don't translate to that at all. There is no correlation between time spent and effort, to rewards. You can spend less time and be effective, as opposed to a lot of time and not accomplish much. It's a game. Just have fun, you are paying to play, not to achieve.

  18. #15098
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Wait, sooo there's a bunch of people who don't comprehend that time and effort translate to rewards in this genre? That's adorable.
    They've been spoiled to long. It's flat out entitlement now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    Just have fun, you are paying to play, not to achieve.
    I would say that this applies to 0 of the people playing this game. Nobody pays a sub to not progress or achieve something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    They don't translate to that at all. There is no correlation between time spent and effort, to rewards. You can spend less time and be effective, as opposed to a lot of time and not accomplish much.
    Maybe in the current state of the game where much is handed too you. But in a much more perfect game there's competition between people willing to give extra time and be rewarded more for it. Much like with gathering.

  19. #15099
    Epic! Perkunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kazakhstan
    Posts
    1,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    They don't translate to that at all. There is no correlation between time spent and effort, to rewards. You can spend less time and be effective, as opposed to a lot of time and not accomplish much. It's a game. Just have fun, you are paying to play, not to achieve.
    Oh, you must have started after those days back in Wrath.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2014-08-03 at 03:50 PM.
    Don't blame the casuals for making Warcraft worse. It's the unskilled masses who refuse to improve themselves and Blizzard who has decided to bribe these folks with an endless shower of purples that should draw the ire of both casual and hardcore alike. It was never about "seeing the content" for these people it's always been about the gear and their sense of entitlement.

  20. #15100
    Epic!
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The country that all others depend on
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Oh, you must have started after in Wrath.

    No..January of 2005.

    Would you like to explain how a person who plays more achieves more? There are people who play less than 10 hours a week that are heroic raiding and people who play for 10 hours a day and never raid.

    Remember......you said that it mattered, so the onus is on you to prove it.

    If you want to say that the more you play the more opportunity you have to progress, that is valid. But that is not what you said.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •