Quote Originally Posted by Ninepenny View Post
    It never died for me - the intensity of it just slowed down to some extent.

It will be much more frequent in WoD now that my targets can't enter their SUPERMAN mode by doing a measly 1.5 sec cast.
    Doubtful. Probably be about as often as it currently is. They won't be able to get away as easily, nor can you get to them as easily either. Only thing that will really affect wpvp is open world content that people want to do. Travel methods are irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

It will be much more frequent in WoD now that my targets can't enter their SUPERMAN mode by doing a measly 1.5 sec cast.
    The only people you'll find are people that want to WPvP, too. Which means there will be very few people to kill. Good luck! Especially since the continent is so big and all the max level areas are so spread out. I'd be surprised if you could find more than one person a day with the way Blizzard shat on the open world content. You'd be WAYYYY better off playing in the new PvP zone. Better rewards and much more people playing there, and they will never enable flight there. Actually, you won't ever be in the open world since that place is a better option.

Tell me which is better. Going out into a dead open world, or going to a heavily populated ground only area?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Wait a sec, how is flying in this scenario and different to a ground mount? You are rogue'ing up to your target all stealth like in WoD, they 1.5 sec cast ground mount, and are away just as quickly?

Blizzard also, at least of late, makes the max level areas no flight anyway, so that is the perfect place to world pvp, yeah? A smallish place, filled with players the same level as you, where you can wpvp all you want? Kinda like Ashran?

So if you are going out into the world at max level, on your ground mount, looking for world pvp, who are you hunting? Farmers? Leveling players? Random afk dudes? Cool, it's gonna be a fuck tonne harder finding those people without flight. Good luck though!

Also, I play on a PvE server, like the majority of WoW players, so removal of flight for WPvP is a pretty shitty reason as far as I'm concerned.

Blizz also never said that they are removing flight to bring WPvP back or anything even remotely like that, if they wanted to promote genuine WPvP, there are heaps of more creative ways of enticing people to partake in it rather than removal of flight.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-08-08 at 03:29 PM.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If that's the only reason, then there is no good reason for keeping flying in the game, as that reason is totally specious.
    You keep using that word. Anyway, there are plenty of reasons to keep flying:

1) Provides freedom in a fantasy world
    2) It's convenient
    3) It's one of the fastest methods of travel other than portals and being teleported to instances
    4) Collectors love displaying flying mounts
    5) Some players love collecting flying mounts
    6) Flight is a class feature for Druids
    7) Adds a 3rd dimension to the game when you can view it from both X and Y axis
    8) Provides an alternate method of transportation from walking or riding ground mounts
    9) Certain mounts are built and sold by players, adding to the economy and their way of life (in game)
    10) Some areas cannot be reached without flying mounts

I'm sure the list could go on and on, and people like you will disect the post one item at a time and give counterpoints. In the end, the only ones who have anything to say about flying are the liars at Blizz HQ and what new in the "We changed our minds again" category.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    World PvP comes to mind.
    I play on a PVE server so does the majority of the WoW populace ... so your precious WPVP can take a long walk off a short pier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why do you feel the NEED to fly?

Why do you think it is absolutely necessary to your enjoyment and gameplay?
    Flying will help them down raid bosses next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account

Instance queues killed World PvP. People now sit in the city for their world of queuecraft. If you think ground only is going to put MORE people in the world, you are just as misinformed as the people developing the game. You want people back out in the world? Remove the ability to teleport to the Dungeon. You can queue up, and get a group formed for you, but you have to physically enter the dungeon. So, people will now be out in the world sitting in front of Instances. Easy targets.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Doubtful. Probably be about as often as it currently is. They won't be able to get away as easily, nor can you get to them as easily either. Only thing that will really affect wpvp is open world content that people want to do. Travel methods are irrelevant.
    Disagree. I happen to be playing on 3.3.5 private server and the Old World wpvp is much more frequent. If someone is ganking levelers in Tanaris (very populated zone) and I arrive on the scene, he won't be able to get away from me easily, like he can right now. Besides, wpvp is not a car race, when you see each other from the start - element of surprise and other tricks that give you unfair advantage is still a thing)

PS. It's always easy to get to people as a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Instance queues killed World PvP. People now sit in the city for their world of queuecraft. If you think ground only is going to put MORE people in the world, you are just as misinformed as the people developing the game. You want people back out in the world? Remove the ability to teleport to the Dungeon. You can queue up, and get a group formed for you, but you have to physically enter the dungeon. So, people will now be out in the world sitting in front of Instances. Easy targets.
    I am pretty happy with the amount of players I have right now - it's just them being able to become completely untouchable is annoying.

I am not denying that wpvp has been in a coffin for quite a while now - I just want to remove the final nail from it.
    Last edited by Ninepenny; 2014-08-08 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Why do you fell the NEED to raid?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, give incentives for people to actually engage in WPvP, and not put ALL the rewards in instanced content.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Instanced content is only about 40% of the game for me. The rest of the time I am out in the world doing things, pet battles, archeology, dailies, hunting rares (that has been totally buggered in WoD), gathering etc etc etc.

W/out flight those tasks are tedious at best, a chore at worst ... however with flight those very same tasks are much less tedious and can even be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Why do you fell the NEED to raid?

<snicker>

Disagree. I happen to be playing on 3.3.5 private server and the Old World wpvp is much more frequent. If someone is ganking levelers in Tanaris (very populated zone) and I arrive on the scene, he won't be able to get away from me easily, like he can right now. Besides, wpvp is not a car race, when you see each other from the start - element of surprise is still a thing.
    I said that they cannot get away as easily. But since it's going to take you twice as long now to get there, that gives that person lots of time to kill mount and leave =P

Element of surprise is important in ganking. And flight helps that =P Nothing like being able to zip in and out of areas to catch someone.

Flying is effectively neutral with pvp, it helps it about as much as it hurts it.

Comparing private server to blizzard servers is meaningless.

That it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Disagree. I happen to be playing on 3.3.5 private server and the Old World wpvp is much more frequent. If someone is ganking levelers in Tanaris (very populated zone) and I arrive on the scene, he won't be able to get away from me easily, like he can right now. Besides, wpvp is not a car race, when you see each other from the start - element of surprise and other tricks that give you unfair advantage is still a thing)

So, you aren't playing on the live servers because they're dead WPvP wise, but you think they will magically become populated when the expansion comes out?

You can do all that now...

Dunno how flight ruins your day when anyone can escape you with the new nerfs to CC in WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Bullshit, sir. With 208 people, if they were randomly selected from the population, the margin of error would be less than 10%. And this is true regardless of how large the total population is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margin_of_error

(Of course, they are not randomly selected, so one cannot give a numerical margin of error at all.)
    Wrong again. The results of such a tiny sample size are what makes the margin of error entirely to high. If 207 people said yes to flying and 1 said no. Then yes the margin of error could be around what you think it is. But with a tiny sample size, and a near 50/50 poll result (the 'im indifferent' option of the poll makes it difficult to say for sure) the margin of error is easily 99%. I dont know how much more simply i can put it.

You keep using that word. Anyway, there are plenty of reasons to keep flying:

<snip>
    Ah, so when you wrote

The only reason flying should be in the game is because it has been for a long time.
    you were lying, and there are in fact other reasons? Ok.

In the future, when you are lying, could you use a different font or something so we can know to ignore what you're saying?

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong again. The results of such a tiny sample size are what makes the margin of error entirely to high. If 207 people said yes to flying and 1 said no. Then yes the margin of error could be around what you think it is. But with a tiny sample size, and a near 50/50 poll result (the 'im indifferent' option of the poll makes it difficult to say for sure) the margin of error is easily 99%. I dont know how much more simply i can put it.
    Did you even bother to look at the math in the link I gave you? You are simply wrong.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    That's dead, dude.

Herp derp, i r gona go out in da open worrld to try n find some PEEVEEPEE! Oh, wait, everyone is on asheron or in instances because they offer infinitely better rewards.
    Then why do tons of people say they are excited for a reinvigorated WPvP? All you have to offer is "WPvP is dead because i say so" yet there are tons of people that welcome no flying for exactly that reason. Pretty much invalidates your speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Flying is effectively neutral with pvp, it helps it about as much as it hurts it.
    This statement would be true if I was able to use my abilities on a flying mount. Alas, I can't.

My huge experience doing wpvp on wotlk server disagrees with you. Let's just leave it at that.

So, you aren't playing on the live servers because they're dead WPvP wise, but you think they will magically become populated when the expansion comes out?

Dunno how flight ruins your day when anyone can escape you with the new nerfs to CC in WoD.
    I play 3.3.5 server once in a while cause arenas and BGs there are not as retarded as they are right now (and pvp metagame too).

And no, I don't think world magically will become populated again once flying is removed - I am just glad that my targets will have less options of escaping me.
    Last edited by Ninepenny; 2014-08-08 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, so when you wrote

you were lying, and there are in fact other reasons? Ok.

In the future, when you are lying, could you use a different font or something so we can know to ignore what you're saying?
    Personal insults aside, stop being obtuse. Most people use figures of speech when conversing. There are likely thousands of different personal reasons and opinions as to why flying should remain. Since you like to shred each of them, and defend Blizzard emphatically, I would not expect any sort of courtesy in your responses. It seems I was correct.

Personal insults aside, stop being obtuse. Most people use figures of speech when conversing.
    Ok. Could you use a different font or something when you use a "figure of speech" that directly contradicts what you actually think is true? Maybe a sarcasm tag, or "air quotes", or something. That we, we can actually figure out what you're saying, and not waste time with the lies -- excuse me, the "figures of speech" -- you have mixed into your statements.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Then why do tons of people say they are excited for a reinvigorated WPvP? All you have to offer is "WPvP is dead because i say so" yet there are tons of people that welcome no flying for exactly that reason. Pretty much invalidates your speculation.
    Ashran is the WPvP of the next expac. Where else will this max level WPvP happen? At world bosses, where people congregate now anyway, with flying? At max level content areas, where people will be on the ground doing it anyway? Or while you are randomly riding around on your ground mount through 90-99 level questing areas?

Flying helps you get to the first 2, where the WPvP happens, and cuts down time finding targets for WPvP in the 3rd.

World PVP is still happening on the active cross-realms. Gadgetzan always has some stuff going on. You may not enjoy it, or be interested in it at all, but that doesn't change the fact that access to flying absolutely changes the dynamic of PVP at Gadgetzan. Too bad that's not changing. There aren't a lot of world PVP hot spots in Pandaria. People will still prefer Azeroth for that. Even in places where you might expect conflict, like the Ring of Honor in Nagrand, there won't be much aside from the very few PVP servers that have a reasonably balanced alliance to horde player ratio. As with Pandaria we won't be seeing cross-realm enabled zones in Draenor for some time.
    One Sweet Dream