Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    People ride past mobs in no flight zones now. Do you kill every mob on your way to your weekly Ordos kill?
    To be fair, the yaungol that charge at you will knock you off your mount if you don't get away in time (should you aggro them). But you still don't really have to kill them if you can stun them somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninepenny View Post
    No, a good solution would be to nerf flying mounts into the ground and make you actually consider using a ground mount.

But the thing is...making wpvp better (for me) is just a collateral part of this change and completely irrelevant to Blizz's reasoning. I said it before and I'll say it again: Blizz is not happy how flying makes terrain, mobs and other obstacles in the world simply irrelevant.
    None of those are even remotely hard to devise a solution for, there have been dozens of suggestions in this thread alone. If a solution is even needed.

That which should be addressed are just design problems. Shit fortification without anti air make 0 sense in wow even if we never had flying mounts. The warcraft universe has been filled with flying since the RTS days. Mobs becoming utterly stupid the moment you are an inch of the ground is a design flaw. But it was never a priority...but apparently now is so game breaking =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    To be fair, the yaungol that charge at you will knock you off your mount if you don't get away in time (should you aggro them). But you still don't really have to kill them if you can stun them somehow.
    Yeah, those guys that dismount sure are an annoyance, considering I am gonna run past them/not engage them either way.

Can't wait for a whole expac of that............../more dots.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    None of those are even remotely hard to devise a solution for, there have been dozens of suggestions in this thread alone. If a solution is even needed.

That which should be addressed are just design problems. Shit fortification without anti air make 0 sense in wow even if we never had flying mounts. The warcraft universe has been filled with flying since the RTS days. Mobs becoming utterly stupid the moment you are an inch of the ground is a design flaw. But it was never a priority...but apparently now is so game breaking =P
    Got me thinking back to the RTS days, why DON'T fortifications have spear turrets, lightning turrets etc. Shouldn't that sort of thing been an auto inclusion in a World based on the Warcraft universe?

Blizz's design in regards to flying characters and the threat they pose to NPC's and their bases is OBVIOUSLY flying's fault, and has NOTHING to do with Blizz designing those NPC's bases' defenses poorly.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

The only opinions valued are the ones that are positive about the game and Blizz then?
    Once someone stops playing WoW, their opinion becomes worthless?
    Not worthless, but why do you care if you don't play any more? Especially if you quit permanently like some people.

Isn't it better to add and expand on features in the game to get more people playing this game, rather than remove and restrict features and risk losing current and potential subs?
    No. More people playing something does not always make it better. Most of the time it makes it worse because they start to have to design to the masses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Your posts lean far more towards anti-flight than some of the more anti-flying people in this thread. A neutral party wouldn't participate in this thread as it doesn't affect them.

If your second sentence here means what I think it means(you like posting flame bait), I suggest you delete it and offer something constructive instead of destructive.
    I really don't care one way or the other. I'm good if flying stays gone forever. I'm also good if it comes back in 6.1. I do find the pro flyers to be ridiculous and I feel that needs to be countered at least a little bit. People acting like blizzard basically stole their first born or that the game has been gutted because of one little thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I know, rather than develop and expand on an ingrained feature, they chose to cut it, maybe. They don't actually know yet, because they don't have the confidence in their own design, but they are definitely considering that maybe they are as talented as they think they are and that the general player base won't notice no flight. But if they do notice and don't like it, they'll bring it back, maybe.
    Ya. That is called being flexible and realizing that you don't know for sure if something will work how you think. All they are saying is, "Hey we want to try this. If it doesn't work we will revert." Sounds pretty simple and straight forward to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Not worthless, but why do you care if you don't play any more? Especially if you quit permanently like some people.

No. More people playing something does not always make it better. Most of the time it makes it worse because they start to have to design to the masses.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't care one way or the other. I'm good if flying stays gone forever. I'm also good if it comes back in 6.1. I do find the pro flyers to be ridiculous and I feel that needs to be countered at least a little bit. People acting like blizzard basically stole their first born or that the game has been gutted because of one little thing.
    I care because I love my toon, he is, for better or worse, a part of me that I would to 'love jump in the shoes of' again. I love this game, and the friends I've made and developed, the adventures I've had and experienced, the scenery I've viewed and been swept away by, the tauren I've helped liberate, the gnome I've helped in battle.

I stopped playing because as a consumer, I felt the need to show my distaste at a lack of new content on live for the longest period in an expac ever, and to suggest my love of the game, and opinion there of, stops at the point of sub's end isn't the reality.

It's Blizz's job to sell me this expac, and as a former player looking for a reason to play again, I don't see how potentially removing features, with no suitable replacement or explanation, accomplishes that end.

I care about the game, so therefore it upsets me when I see changes that I feel are for the worse. As an avenue to discuss a game I care about, despite playing it or not, MMO-Champ is the perfect mix of former and current players, lovers and haters of Blizz alike. Everyone has a voice. If I wanted to see 80% Blizz favourable forums, I'd resub and stick to the official forums, seeing as I know they will be moderated in that bias.

If I wanted to discuss the game freely with people of all opinions, then I come to MMO-Champ, and bask in the glory of people that agree with me, disagree with me, and, more than likely, not give a shit what I think either way.

Such is the beauty of a forum.

Because a low level toon might be an alt, it is fine to gank all low level toons?
    No its okay to gank all low level toons because its a game and it is not against the rules. Period.

Deleted
    No its okay to gank all low level toons because its a game and it is not against the rules. Period.
    A great solution would be if a high level char would be turned into a level 1 murloc if he tried to attack lowbies.

And have the stats of a level 1 murloc.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are absolutely right. It is not against the rules, and Blizz even encourages it. The nice part about gankers is you get to see just what kind of people they are IRL, and then ignore them.

Fine. So, you Mr. Max level flying guy wants flying removed to help kill that leveling non flying guy?

Interesting insight. Care to elaborate?

What about this decision made you happy, were you unhappy playing a game for 8 years with flight?
    Some people enjoy the game for what it is, an MMO, and are able to look past a simple matter of transportation. Just becuse I haven't agreed with flying since its conception doesn't mean I automatically hated the game. I dealt with flying and everything that came with it, because WoW is not even closely defined by that aspect. I still hope for its removal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Some people enjoy the game for what it is, an MMO, and are able to look past a simple matter of transportation. Just becuse I haven't agreed with flying since its conception doesn't mean I automatically hated the game. I dealt with flying and everything that came with it, because WoW is not even closely defined by that aspect. I still hope for its removal.
    It is also an RPG. Role playing game. Which means my Druid Storm Crow should be able to take to the skies of Draenor since some new planet won't instantly make me forget how to change into a bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    That's awesome mate, I'm glad you were able to enjoy the game the way you felt was best. Even with flying, you were able to enjoy the game enough to keep subbing.

So I have to ask, how is removing something that OTHER players like for any reason, a positive thing? Seeing as it didn't effect your gameplay enough for you to quit while it was in the game, how is removing it and potentially negatively impacting 50% or so of the playerbase a good idea?
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-08-08 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Instanced content is only about 40% of the game for me. The rest of the time I am out in the world doing things, pet battles, archeology, dailies, hunting rares (that has been totally buggered in WoD), gathering etc etc etc.

W/out flight those tasks are tedious at best, a chore at worst ... however with flight those very same tasks are much less tedious and can even be fun.

<snicker>
    Too many clueless comments. If they add flying we're going to lose a raid tier and it's entirely possible that this will extend to you losing pet battles as well. Jesus get a clue.

got to love all this " No-flying will increase WPvP" people....

Go to TI or IoT and see how much wpvp is going on there..... no pvp right?
    well im unsubed right now and dont plan to resub or even buy the xpac untill a confirmation on the flying or not in 6.1 ( flying is not the only reason i quit, just one of many right now) but if you are subbed go to TI or IoT and try to start any kind of WpvP.... and then you will see that ppl DONT WANT IT.... we have horde and alliance questing side by side and NO PVP happens...
    it gets to the point that i was killing an Horde player near the toads at TI and there was 4 or 5 horde right next to me and they just passed by not even helping the guy i was killing... there is no interess in WPvP because there is no rewards...
    Horde and alliance questing side by side was impossible to do in Isle of Queltanas(spelling) but that kind of mentality is gone..
    you have to understand that the ppl that like wpvp are long time WoW players , but our time has passed.... the new generation of players have NO interess in world pvp because there is NO REWARDS and because of that they skip it...
    Flying has nothing to do with WPvP

Fine. So, you Mr. Max level flying guy wants flying removed to help kill that levelling non flying guy?
    Damn, how many times do I need to say I don't care one way or another about flying. I AM NOT AN ANTI-FLYER.

EDIT: Also I do not gank people. I have never been that good at PvP. But I don't think ganking is wrong or the evil that you guys seem to think it is
    Last edited by cabyio; 2014-08-08 at 07:14 PM.

Damn, how many times do I need to say I don't care one way or another about flying. I AM NOT AN ANTI-FLYER.
    ...then why are you in a thread discussing the possible removal of flying from the next expac?

More importantly, why are you surprised when people reply to your posts when you post in a thread on a forum? Are they innately meant to know you don't care and your posts aren't worth replying too?

Why are you posting here if you don't wish to be responded to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    Go to TI or IoT and see how much wpvp is going on there..... no pvp right?
    Just went there, and got attacked by two players using Censer of Eternal Agony while going to Ordos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Just went there, and got attacked by two players using Censer of Eternal Agony while going to Ordos.
    Sounds like WPvP alright. Two powerful players killing one not-as-powerful player.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

...then why are you in a thread discussing the possible removal of flying from the next expac?

More importantly, why are you surprised when people reply to your posts when you post in a thread on a forum? Are they innately meant to know you don't care and your posts aren't worth replying too?

Why are you posting here if you don't wish to be responded to?
    I don't mind being responded to, I just don't like being labelled as an anti-flyer when I am not. I am in here because I find the rhetoric of the pro-flying crowd to be specious and a little over the top.

I don't mind being responded to, I just don't like being labelled as an anti-flyer when I am not. I am in here because I find the rhetoric of the pro-flying crowd to be specious and a little over the top.
    I see a lot of pro-flyers suggesting changes while a lot of the anti-flyers don't get further than "good", or keep on repeating how awesome WPvP is. The reasons given by Blizzard for no flying at max level are based on leveling content and the rest can be "fixed" easily without having to remove it.