10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    And I'm not the only one who doesn't find it tedious, so where does that leave us. Maybe if you took more interest in it it wouldn't be tedious to you.
    No, I would still find some things in the game tedious and boring. We don't have to all enjoy every aspect of the game. That is impossible.

The you keep using the word slogging shows how hard you have to exaggerate. You aren't slogging anywhere as long as you have a ground mount and flight paths. You people ssevvvereelly dramatize how difficult it I to get around without flying mounts.
    Wrong, with flying mounts I fly over low level mobs between herbs, ore, pet battles, fishing and so on. On the ground I have to slog through low level mobs that are no risk, no challenge and little reward. If you enjoy fight low level mobs, not one is stopping you, just don't demand I do the same, I don't enjoy it.

You can use reasoning and logic interchangeably. And that would be moronic, luckily that's not what I said.
    You need to educate yourself on what logic is.

I get it. You find tedious what others enjoy. That a shame. Maybe I have similar problems with flying mounts.

It's still only coming down to opinions.
    It is coming down to our opinions, you like fighting low level mobs, go right ahead, I'm not stopping you. Don't like flying mounts, don't use them.

Not everyone has to enjoy the same thing in the game, stop trying to force what you have fun with on to me, I find fighting low level mobs boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Really only shows your lack of understanding. Would you feel like you were camping in the wilderness knowing there's a cell phone and gps beacon in your pack? Your forcing people o the air in the same way youre saying we force you to the ground.

But I still agree no flying for good would be overkill, but there has never been a reason to think that.
    We are not forcing you into the air, that's bullshit. Don't like flying, don't do it.
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-08-12 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyMutt View Post
    I have no problem believing that questing can be made better with no flight, the problem I am having is none of their reasoning blue post or otherwise convinces me that it is necessary past level 100.
    Nothing in beta warrants the removal of flight at max level. They have removed flight and changed nothing else. Flight paths are still horrible.

I am still waiting for a blue post explaining how travel isn't going to be a tedious pain in the ass.

I am sure only a very few people find trudging through an area you saw 100 times before, only to be dismounted (last I checked more mobs do that), by mobs that pose no threat, challenge or reward to be compelling or engaging game play. I am pretty confident most people will find it tedious at best ... annoying at worst.

Possibly annoying enough to quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    We are not forcing you into the air, that's bullshit. Don't like flying, don't do it.
    Having flying enabled still forces players to use flying mounts to reach certain locations and such.

It's not as simple as "just don't use them", or players would need to skip some of the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Wrong, with flying mounts I fly over low level mobs between herbs, ore, pet battles, fishing and so on. On the ground I have to slog through low level mobs that are no risk, no challenge and little reward. If you enjoy fight low level mobs, not one is stopping you, just don't demand I do the same, I don't enjoy it.
    First of all, low level mobs die with a gcd or 2. Second, god forbid you can't daydream while you farm. 3rd, everyone will be on the same plying field so it won't matter either way. And you know what I find tedious? SLOGGING myself from node to node on my flying mount with absolutely no resistance, so boring.
    You need to educate yourself on what logic is.
    and you slang.
    It is coming down to our opinions, you like fighting low level mobs, go right ahead, I'm not stopping you. Don't like flying mounts, don't use them.
    glad to see we're still being dense
    Not everyone has to enjoy the same thing in the game, stop trying to force what you have fun with on to me, I find fighting low level mobs boring.

- - - Updated - - -

And still..

How about, don't like WoW? Don't play it. Don't force me to change my game because you don't like how it plays..
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-08-12 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Having flying enabled still forces players to use flying mounts to reach certain locations and such.

It's not as simple as "just don't use them", or players would need to skip some of the content.

No it doesn't. Blizzard making areas unreachable without using flying mounts forces people to use flying mounts.

They've already designed this expansion without flying so that shouldn't be a problem. No Twin Peaks areas to worry about.

The only thing I can get out of this is if you're referring to players being able to fly to certain areas and attack other players from them.

If that is the case I'll tell you the same thing anybody else would tell me about the fact that I originally rolled alliance on a fairly even server that is now at least seemingly 20 horde to 1 alliance... and that is... Roll a pve server.

The only other areas are simply there because Blizzard put them there intending for there to be flying. They could easily put a flight master there or a teleport to enable people to not have to fly if they wanted to so that isn't even an issue.

Really only shows your lack of understanding. Would you feel like you were camping in the wilderness knowing there's a cell phone and gps beacon in your pack? Your forcing people o the air in the same way youre saying we force you to the ground.

But I still agree no flying for good would be overkill, but there has never been a reason to think that.
    So, you must cruise around without a hearthstone then....

and turn chat off....

- - - Updated - - -

SLOGGING myself from node to node on my flying mount with absolutely no resistance, so boring.
    ...plays a boring game for 8 years....

How about, don't like WoW? Don't play it. Don't force me to change my game because you don't like how it plays..
    Wants to force others to play the game his way....
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    So, you must cruise around without a hearthstone then....

and turn chat off....

- - - Updated - - -

...plays a boring game for 8 years....

I can't fly around on my hearthstone. At least with a hearthstone I have to halfway use my head to decide wether to use it or save it, though not asian anymore since the lowers the CD. Flying you don't even give a second thought to, my toon himself might as well fly as far as I know.

..plays a boring game for 8 years....
    I don't base wether I have an activated sub or not on how boring or not boring gathering is.

Has been playing the other way since BC. Except that I realize tht it's not game breaking so I suck it up. Most people don't keep playing WoW for flying mounts.

And this is only for 6.1. And it's only in one continent. I don't have anything against flying, just what it does in it's current OP state.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-08-12 at 11:01 PM.

Yeah, I know - just decided to go and test how long the flight path would take.

They should have just left it in-game.

Isn't there dungeon finder in RIFT as well, or did I misunderstand?
    The dungeon finder in rift is okay. Nobody puts groups together like Blizzard. The added benefit of add-ons o-queue only makes it better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    No it doesn't. Blizzard making areas unreachable without using flying mounts forces people to use flying mounts.
    I probably should have worded differently.

But anyways, with Draenor they have had pretty much the idea of delaying flying until further patch from the start and thus designed the areas for ground mount usage. But if they would have continued the previous trend and released flying as soon as you simply reach max. level, they would have designed areas which are only reachable with flying mounts, and those tend force players to use them.

Thus the previous statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    The fact that you got every single flight path was a horrendous bug that should have never stuck around for as long as it has. Can you imagine the disconnect new players would have from the world when they go to a flight path for the first time and instead of seeing a world they have to explore, they see a grid of hubs that mean nothing to them.
    It was not a bug, we had it for years. Blizzard said it was a bug when the players snapped and freaked out when it was removed.

I can't fly around on my hearthstone. At least with a hearthstone I have to halfway use my head to decide wether to use it or save it, though not asian anymore since the lowers the CD. Flying you don't even give a second thought to, my toon himself might as well fly as far as I know.
    I would love to reply to this, but I feel it is a trap to lure me into a pile of gibberish I can not return from, so instead I will just agree and and say 'Yes! You are right! You can can't not fly around on your hearthstone!'

10+ Year Old Account
    'Yes! You are right! You can can't not fly around on your hearthstone!'
    Yet, we already have flying plate.

Just matter of time before they add flying Hearthstone -mount.

Yah like I said a large chunk of these anti flight remind me of kids who want tag (flight) to be against the rules on the playground (WoW) so we might actually play kickball (WPVP n ground travel) with them. They can't grasp the fact we don't like the game they are playing or just don't like them.

All you can do is speak with your wallets and let Blizz know this is even a dumber idea then Cata Heroics + PUGS, and the MoP Daily fiasco.

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to reply to this, but I feel it is a trap to lure me into a pile of gibberish I can not return from, so instead I will just agree and and say 'Yes! You are right! You can can't not fly around on your hearthstone!'
    probably wise .. you know the saying "Stare into the abyss long enough it stares back into you" .. I am pretty sure the same applies to ignorance.

That you can only get from playing Hearthstone ...

To be fair I did like that cloud disc mount for some reason.

There used to be these wicked damage/healing characters that flew on discs in Warhammer Online, I dreaded seeing those guys.

Clever way of ignoring a whole post. It's a shame you can't understand how a hearthstone and flying mount are different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    There used to be these wicked damage/healing characters that flew on discs in Warhammer Online, I dreaded seeing those guys.
    The dudes in EoE flew around on plates too.

- - - Updated - - -

Clever way of ignoring a whole post. It's a shame you can't understand how a earthshine and flying mount are different things.
    I ignored the whole post because
    At least with a hearthstone I have to halfway use my head to decide wether to use it or save it, though not asian anymore since the lowers the CD. Flying you don't even give a second thought to, my toon himself might as well fly as far as I know.
    made no fucking sense.

If you want to rephrase it so I could respond to it without possibly insulting some obscure religion, I'd be happy to discuss the topic with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Yah like I said a large chunk of these anti flight remind me of kids who want tag (flight) to be against the rules on the playground (WoW) so we might actually play kickball (WPVP n ground travel) with them. They can't grasp the fact we don't like the game they are playing or just don't like them.
    Flawed analogy, they don't want you to play kickball with them, they want to peg you in the head with the ball, but you're afk on a flying mount 100 feet in the air.
    One Sweet Dream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    And a large chunk of the pro-flight crowd remind me of entitled kids who want everything handed to them without any kind of challenge. See I can straw-man other peoples argument too. It's easy.

Just so we are clear. Nobody has any interest in playing with you. None. No-flight makes my experience of the game more enjoyable. That's it. No one is trying to force you into WPvP or whatever (very odd) notion you have going.

No-flying might make your experience of the game less enjoyable. That's fine. That's valid. But constantly trying to put down anyone that opposes your views just comes across as desperate.

Don't like no-flying enough to un-sub? Then un-sub. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    Flawed analogy, they don't want you to play kickball with them, they want to peg you in the head with the ball, but you're afk on a flying mount 100 feet in the air.
    When I was playing I used flight paths to go afk and my flying mounts to actually .. you know do stuff. Pretty sure most the pro flight people are like me in that regard from reading their threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    already have thanks. Had my collectors edition pre order refunded, and my sub has been inactive for about 4 months.

I would like to return to the game. However w/out flight at max level (or at least one content patch later), the game is just going to be a tedious mess or a lobby game.

Since I don't like tedious games (if I did I would play a Korean MMO) and as a DPS with 30-45 minute ques to play for the same amount of time doesn't sound to appealing.

Let me first say I don't think flying should be enabled while leveling till a much later date.

I saw your post about fighting your way up the mountain to fight a dragon and get the treasure chest. How many times is that going to be fun? I have said no flying could work if blizzard would take some much needed steps, however beta shows that they haven't. They have removed flight and given nothing in return.

This isn't being done to improve player experience it is being done to make the quest design easier for the devs and reduce the bottom line.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-08-12 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    And a large chunk of the pro-flight crowd remind me of entitled kids who want everything handed to them without any kind of challenge. See I can straw-man other peoples argument too. It's easy.

Just so we are clear. Nobody has any interest in playing with you. None. No-flight makes my experience of the game more enjoyable. That's it. No one is trying to force you into WPvP or whatever (very odd) notion you have going.

No-flying might make your experience of the game less enjoyable. That's fine. That's valid. But constantly trying to put down anyone that opposes your views just comes across as desperate.

I think you are confusing challenging with inconvenience. There is nothing challenging about running at 1/3 the speed you used to travel. It is however, extremely inconvenient.

No-Flight makes the game enjoyable to you. It is for that reason you are free to not use flight now. Although I must admit, I do not see many level 90's running around.