Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    hey and that was when WoW was at its peak. Must not have been to much wrong with it.
    Don't forget, the flying at 77 was awesome two. Storm Peaks and Icecrown are my favorite leveling content.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Wouldnt solve anything. Just CC the other player, run off while they stumble around and you're good to fly away.

Besides it's not just PvP.. the areas are boring if you can't explore them and can just fly to your destination and skip all the content.
    Player CC is capped at 8 seconds. They can do a 10 second debuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love WoW .. let me tell yah what I don't love.

Being max level riding through an area for the 100th time on my way to an objective to be dismounted by a mob that poses no threat challenge or reward to be compelling or fun game play.

Playing a enhance shaman I have zero way to drop those mobs... I think many of the people that have no problem w/flight being removed are classes that have a way to completely drop agro or they are capital city que types, or are suffering from blood loss to the brain because of the massive hard on they have for dreams of WPVP that won't happen.

Removing flight does nothing to benefit or improve game play for the players. It does however make the devs job easier, and possibly save them money ...
    Yep. That was exactly what I was trying to get at. Players flying over stuff is a symptom of a problem, not the cause of one. The problem is that wading through slow-dying mobs is boring as ever-loving fuck. You can't jazz that up. Not after ten years. If there's something interesting on the ground then people will find it.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    What, so you can glide to the cave instead of flying to the cave? You'll see all those secret shit while you level. After you're done leveling you should have seen it all...
    What do you mean by "should have seen it all"? Why the hell can't there be exploration and rewards in the world at max level? This is just your opinion and you are trying to make it a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    What do you mean by "should have seen it all"? Why the hell can't there be exploration and rewards in the world at max level? This is just your opinion and you are trying to make it a fact.
    The max level content will be done in what 3 weeks tops after level cap? Then what?

You are stuck on your ground mount doing dailies (weekly now), gathering, pet battles, archeology etc etc. Already tedious tasks made even more tedious at best a chore at worst w/out flight.

Blizzard releases content as slow as hell. For exploration to work at max level they would have to release content at a bi monthly if not monthly basis.. and we are talking real content not just a raid tier and a few quest. They would need zones, story arcs, quest chains etc etc.Blizz can't do that.

So far it looks like Wildstar is releasing about monthly content drops

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Yep. That was exactly what I was trying to get at. Players flying over stuff is a symptom of a problem, not the cause of one. The problem is that wading through slow-dying mobs is boring as ever-loving fuck. You can't jazz that up. Not after ten years. If there's something interesting on the ground then people will find it.
    Yes it is content that brings people out into the world, not the mount they are on. People were out in the world during Battlefield Barrens, Operation Shield wall .. they were grouping, communicating, hell even some WPVP broke out .. and <gasp> we had flight.

Bashiok said it was to slow down content consumption. That is all this is not for the player but for the Devs.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-08-17 at 06:46 AM.

Deleted
    So far it looks like Wildstar is releasing about monthly content drops
    Yeah, blizzards competition do their homework. SWTOR gets housing soon. Real housing, and not the fast food version called garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Yeah, blizzards competition do their homework. SWTOR gets housing soon. Real housing, and not the fast food version called garrison.
    But we dont want real housing in wow. Its world of warcraft, not world of decorate your pretty house craft
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2014-08-17 at 06:55 AM.

Yah but hardly anyone notices because they have so much time vested in WoW and so much of a commitment to that game. It seriously is almost like a abusive relationship ..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    But we dont want real housing wow.
    Says who? Didn't know you spoke for the 6.8 million players.

Everything I have read housing is one of the most requested features of WoW.

Deleted
    But we dont want real housing wow.
    We want housing.

Deleted
    We want housing.
    Well, if you can build your house anywhere in the world and not phased, then yes please.

YSays who? Didn't know you spoke for the 6.8 million players.

Everything I have read housing is one of the most requested features of WoW.
    You need to stop reading articles published by your ass then. There's only a small, noisy little group of fans claiming that building a pretty house to decorate is an important feature. Nobody else cares for it.

Deleted
    Well, if you can build your house anywhere in the world and not phased, then yes please.
    It would be enough as like as it is in WildStar, with a special region to build your home.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to stop reading articles published by your ass then. There's only a small, noisy little group of fans claiming that building a pretty house to decorate is an important feature. Nobody else cares for it.
    As if you would know anything about numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah that's just want I want, WoW's nicely-designed and enjoyable world interrupted by some moron's half baked sparkle-pony-themed house. If I wanna see your damn house I'll join group with you and go to your phase, otherwise you can keep your terrible taste (which most people have) to yourself.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    If blizzard would do as their fans on mmo-champion want we would be at 0 subs now and have a World filled with pokemons dance studios and pink houses lol... So much about Blizzard should listen more to what their fans want
    Last edited by mmoc1172de686f; 2014-08-17 at 07:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evridej View Post
    If blizzard would do as their fans on mmo-champion want we would be at 0 subs now and have a World filled with pokemons dance studios and pink houses lol... So much about Blizzard should listen more to what their fans want
    Or rabbits with pink goggles.

But still blizzard should listen to their customers. And by "listen" i mean to take their concerns serious and not just ingore them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious were you playing a tank or healer?
    Most of the time I play as Damage Dealer.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the Garrison, just hoped that we could get more buildings - currently it's quite.. mm... annoying to choose between few "mandatory" ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Don't forget, the flying at 77 was awesome two. Storm Peaks and Icecrown are my favorite leveling content.
    Storm Peaks was interesting zone, indeed, and I could stomach flying in current content if it would be in one or two zones, but not whole continent. As long as they'd grant alternative ways to reach the locations without flying, like some small path in the mountain from the ground to higher level(s).

*In current patch - once new patch arrives, flying could be enabled in the rest of the old zones.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope you are right but I have my doubts... if Blizz can get by with this they will save a fortune on future development.
    Well, even as "anti-flier", I'm expecting/waiting for them to reinstate flying with the following major patch.

Again, a good point from the official forums, where the debate is how Blizz should actually gauge the playerbase's thoughts on flight.

How a professional company would gauge how many people want flight:

email to: customer @ registered battle.net account holder e-mail address

Thank you for your continued support of the Blizzard team and World of Warcraft.

As a valued subscriber for X years, we appreciate and value your feedback.

Therefore, we are sending you this e-mail to get your opinion on the ability to use flying mounts or flight form in the upcoming expansion. Your responses are greatly appreciated and will help us determine where we're going as we journey into the exciting new world of Draenor.

Please complete the poll below and click "send" to submit your reply to Blizzard. As always, all responses will be strictly confidential and any data collected will be stripped of any personally- identifying information.

Question 1: In Warlords of Draenor, should players who reach level 100 in-game be able to purchase, obtain, or use Flight Training to explore Draenor from a flying mount or flight form?

__ Yes (Players should be allowed to use flying mounts and Flight Form at level 100 after unlocking the ability to do so)

__ No (Players should not be allowed to use flying mounts and Flight Form at level 100)

__ Undecided (It doesn't matter to me)

Question 2: If flying were available in Warlords of Draenor at level 100, what method would you favor to unlock the flight skill required to fly in Draenor? Please select all that apply.

__ Completion of a quest chain

__ Raid or solo scenario completion

__ Purchasable for gold via an in-game trainer

__ Purchasable for in-game currencies earned through in-game activities such as raiding, Player vs. Environment (PvE) content, and Player vs. Player (PvP) content

__ Purchasable for real currency via the in-game Blizzard Store

__ Obtaining a Legendary item which grants the wearer the Flight skill in Draenor

__ Flight skill is automatically learned upon reaching level 100

__ Another option not listed above

__ I'm not interested in flying in Warlords of Draenor

Again, thank you for your feedback and your time. As a reward for completing this survey, you will receive a $5.00 credit on your registered Battle.Net account which can be used for game time, character services, or towards items which are for sale in the Blizzard Store. You must completely answer all questions in order to earn the $5.00 store credit. Upon completion of the survey, a code will be sent to the e-mail address on file of the registered account holder which can be redeemed within thirty days for your $5.00 credit.

Sincerely,

The Blizzard Entertainment World of Warcraft Team
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Thats about as useful as a survey sent from Blizzard asking, "Would you like a legendary delivered to your mailbox? Please tick yes or no".

Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    I'm all for the Wrath model. Reach max level on one character and you can buy (much needed gold sink) a book to teach your alts flying 3 levels before max.
    Agreed.

It seems the most reasonable approach.

Thats about as useful as a survey sent from Blizzard asking, "Would you like a legendary delivered to your mailbox? Please tick yes or no".
    How?

A survey with multiple responses is the same as a survey with a 50-50 choice? A survey about keeping something in game is equal to "would you like a free legendary"?

Is it less that it is not useful, and more that it may reveal results that are counter to your ideals? Is it useless because you think most people would answer 'no', 'yes' or 'yes, but...'?

You honestly can't see the difference between "would you prefer to keep this 8 year old feature in the game, and if so, how would you like it reinstated?" and "Would you like a free Legendary"?
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "