- - - Updated - - -
- - - Updated - - -
Last edited by rebecca191; 2014-08-15 at 10:58 PM.
Healer/Damage Dealer of SuNHighmaul: Normal 6/7, Heroic 1/7
Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
And thus I give you: MALE contraception!
"There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
"Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.
And it will not be different on flying. They dont really care about minorities and majorities. And i even wonder how they know if theres only a small minority that would like keep flying, as they never do polls.
Blizzard and democracy just do not fit together. Kalgan just spewed out his PR propaganda on the interview, while he infact does not know anything about numbers, as he never asked his players, and while he infact only follows his own agenda, and does not care about minorities and majorities. And really, i dont expect anything from a guy that helps to create a site like skillcapped, where his greedy friends sell pvp tips for 4$ a month.
Mythic raiding should show you what blizzard thinks about minorities and majorities. They keep a game component alive, no matter if it's popular. On the other hand they remove a game component, thats not being used or played by 2% of their players only, but by the majority of its players.
The blizzard devs are hypocrites. They hide behind immersion and confabulated "minorities" they never made statistics of, and just try to distract from the fact that they need another expansion start time sink brickwall as like they had in TBC (attunements), Cataclysm (hard 5 mans) and MoP (mandatory dailies).
- - - Updated - - -
Last edited by rym; 2014-08-16 at 12:14 AM.
~ sic transit gloria mundi ~
That said, I feel like they're not looking to incorporate flying in future iterations of the game. Too much maintenance, too much content to design with it in mind. With the game shrinking back to Vanilla-esque levels, they probably don't see a need for it.
Last edited by manswtor; 2014-08-16 at 09:21 AM.
Also how Blizz will measure the metrics of how many people out in the world is not hard. But it is clear that they have too high of an opinion of the continent they have created. Lets look at the facts about WoD:
1. Strongboxes can now be obtained from doing a random BG with three levels (bronze, silver, and gold) depending on how much your teams accomplishes. These strongboxes offer honor points, conquest points, and at a chance of gear. Blizz took it a step further and now skirmishes will reward strongboxes as well. Arena, RBG, random BG, and skirmishes can all be accessed by a few click of buttons in the comfort of sitting in Orgrimmar/Stormwind. Strongboxes will provide all the gold, gear, and honor/CP you will need by a far margin.
2. PVP Gear is going back to be stratified at three levels in WoD The gear obtained in PVP is the most ideal for "world PVP" because of how it dynamically scales when engaging a player now. PVP gear isn't obtained through the questing system of WoD at all! WoD questing system rewards is full of garrison stuff which is pretty much meaningless to any serious PVP player. Most WoD questing gear is gimped to what most will have from MoP.
3. Ashran has a lot of HP and CP rewards along with a variety of PVE quests available. Ashran also has class specific spell books (eg Druid flight) unique buffs, etc.
Blizz doesn't want world PVP on the main continent because it would cause server instability on the high pop realms. That is why they did not put Ashran in the middle of the continent like WG was in WotLK. Anyone that played on a high pop PVP realm can back this up when I say servers were really unstable anytime WG battle was going (before they capped it). Moving the faction cities (which are often raided on PVP realms) also was because of server instability.
Blizz does not support the traditional sense of world PVP because it causes server instability full stop. If not convinced...go fight the 40 man multi boxer on Dark spear lol.
1. WoD is heavily phased so you can be on top of someone but not even know they are there because you are on a different part of the story line. WoD is just a bunch of set pieces really.
2. Rares drop loot once for you, so if you find them all before you reach level cap you have no reason to go hunt them again at level cap. And thus no vested interested to return to the Draenor continent.
3. Garrison is your personalized instance basically which will take players out of the world and make the world feel less alive.
4. Faction hubs are not even on the main continent. Enough said.
5. Spending a lot of time on flight paths and portals going back and forth to maintain your personalized instance a.k.a. garrison you spend little time interacting with real players. You spend more time interacting with your garrison "followers" though. I guess that is immersion.
There is very little to do once you reach level cap on the main continent. In fact, even if you do all the garrison quests you are going to have to grind out a few more levels to reach level cap. I firmly believe that Tannan was originally going to be part of the questing experience for players to reach level cap. They are going to possibly turn it into questing content at level cap...but no one can give a definitive answer (sound familiar) about that for 6.1.
Last edited by Mafic; 2014-08-16 at 12:27 PM.
"Alright boy time to play WoW, what do you want to do today? Finish questing through the world?"
"Do a heroic dungeon or challenge mode?"
"Join a raid and defeat the mightiest of bosses?"
"Well then, what do you want to do?"
"I want to jump off a cliff and glide into a cave for gold and achievements!"
<Father rummages through closet>
"Here you go son."
<hands him a Super Mario Brother game>
This is why we can't have flying?!? Rope bridges and jump puzzles for achievements & gold. Give everyone a special pat on the back for mind-numbing useless shit they sell to us as actual content? Gotta make it seem rewarding or people won't do it themselves. Some days...