Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You need to sit there and plan on how to dodge a mob? All mobs behave the same way. If you dodged one you have dodged them all. They don't have special abilities like waller from diablo3... There should be little thought process going on as you dodge a mob. You run past it and don't stand in stuff. You call yourself a raider and you have problems dodging simple mobs in the open world?

Before you come back and post again. Please note that there are no mobs in WoD that are like the ones on TI. They're all easily skipped.
    Easily skipped and may as well not have existed are two different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    What on earth are you talking about. What has anything got to do with being "fair"? I'm sharing my opinion about the game in discussion forum.

You are a very strange person.
    Um, he's referring to it being "fair" from a discussion stand point. In other words, you're not really giving anyone anything to work with, you're just posting some short sighted, general statement leaving anyone trying to respond to you sitting there going "Uh, all righty then."
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Whatever I contributed in thus thread far more than you have so I'm uninterested in your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    What on earth are you talking about. What has anything got to do with being "fair"? I'm sharing my opinion about the game in discussion forum.

You are a very strange person.
    You were talking about WPvP. Which Blizzard doesn't agree with... How is that Blizzard agrees with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinetick View Post
    Then why argue that Blizzard caved into the whining of a "tiny minority" and that's why they decided to remove flight? Seriously doesn't make any sense, especially when people seem to claim that there are sooo many pro-flyers, yet Blizzard still isn't caving.
    They removed flight to slow content consumption down. They don't give a rats ass what we like and don't like as long as we keep paying our subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Um, he's referring to it being "fair" from a discussion stand point. In other words, you're not really giving anyone anything to work with, you're just posting some short sighted, general statement leaving anyone trying to respond to you sitting there going "Uh, all righty then."
    I was more or less saying he was being intellectually dishonest. But, you're right about not giving anyone anything to work with. So many of them post things like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    It doesn't have to be fair from a discussion standpoint. It's my opinion not a high school debate

I think that no flying is good for the game. I think it is good for the game for content bypassing and WPvP reasons. Blizzard think it is good for the game for whatever reasons they want. The point is that Blizzard and I are in agreement that its good for the game. Something urasim seems to contend.

I'm fully aware that I'll be enjoying 6.0 and he wont be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    They removed flight to slow content consumption down. They don't give a rats ass what we like and don't like as long as we keep paying our subscriptions.
    Removing flight purely for "slowing down consumption of content" would be a horrible idea.
    Luckily they are doing it so that the world of Draenor becomes part of the experience again for a while. Not just something one can safely fly over.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I was more or less saying he was being intellectually dishonest. But, you're right about not giving anyone anything to work with. So many of them post things like that.
    Because we believe you have nothing to work with, how are you possibly arguing? The only thing you have literally is

1) "Blizzard should keep flying and actually develop content for flying"
    2) "Blizzard should stop gating content"
    3) "I like flying"

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    2) "Blizzard should stop gating content"
    Where did I say "stop gating content"? I'm not opposed to gating of content...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Removing flight purely for "slowing down consumption of content" would be a horrible idea.
    Luckily they are doing it so that the world of Draenor becomes part of the experience again for a while. Not just something one can safely fly over.
    They actually said in a few of their posts that slowing player progress is why they're doing this.

Where did I say "stop gating content"? I'm not opposed to gating of content...
    This is arguments across the board, not just yours.

This is arguments across the board, not just yours.
    Why say it's my argument? "The only thing you have literally is" You means me in this sentence.

Maybe if you're responding to someone you should clarify what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    They actually said in a few of their posts that slowing player progress is why they're doing this.
    In the way that flying makes you fly straight to the objective, making the world around you little more than a pretty image.
    Difference in travel time wouldn't be significant enough to be used as a mean to stop us from consuming endgame content too quickly.

Also they want the world to feel large again :3
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

In the way that flying makes you fly straight to the objective, making the world around you little more than a pretty image.
    Difference in travel time wouldn't be significant enough to be used as a mean to stop us from consuming endgame content too quickly.

Also they want the world to feel large again :3
    Hey, they said it not me. I don't agree with them either. I think I'll finish the content almost as quick. But, Blizzards has made it clear they want to slow us down. The only part I hate about it is they're taking my fun away in the process. I'd be fine with gating of something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a ridiculous argument. Sure the mobs aren't your focus but seeing as you're limited to the ground they matter as they pose a threat, even if merely by dazing you. Terrain dictates your path. Other players might attack. You know, a world with adversity in it.

Flight negates nearly all danger, makes the world smaller, and makes you clear any world content too quickly.
    And then people whine about becoming bored, after reducing their own experience...

Thus flight is removed for a while because players can't handle that choice for themselves.
    There is no danger, no risk and no challenge to low level mobs, don't be ridiculous. Flight should be removed when leveling, not we we are maxed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    There is no danger, no risk and no challenge to low level mobs, don't be ridiculous. Flight should be removed when leveling, not we we are maxed out.
    There is level 100 content in all zones, so all zones have some challenging mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why it IS a horrible idea. You're way too trusting.

Why say it's my argument? "The only thing you have literally is" You means me in this sentence.

Maybe if you're responding to someone you should clarify what you're talking about.
    Look, if you have less valid arguments than the 3 valid ones I posted, great. More power to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    That's why it IS a horrible idea.
    There's more to it than that, and you're just in denial.

There is level 100 content in all zones, so all zones have some challenging mobs.
    Not really. But, I guess you aren't in beta or seen footage of it. They're all pretty mediocre.

Not really. But, I guess you aren't in beta or seen footage of it. They're all pretty mediocre.
    Then I'll shit on them then, not like they are changing gears 2 months out. Also, I'm sure they may add stuff. But mind you, I'm fine with mediocre. Mediocre is still better than piss easy challenge. Piss easy challenge is still better than non-existant so challenge isn't a discussion anymore.

BTW, even if it's not challenging nor rewarding, there's STILL a purpose to it being there.