Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    You just described flying in WoW. You have nearly unmitigated control where to fly in the overworld until you enter an instance or go indoors.
    Except there no mobs under you in Trigger like there are in WoW. FF lacks FPs, so they use a Airship model, and compensate for it by forcing you to fight trash to do quests anywaysss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    I don't need to find an alternative at all. Gear drops are now unspecific, flex raids, mythic raids, ability pruning, stat squish, and removal of flying all sound like improvements to me!

- - - Updated - - -

I will also never be in Ashran!
    Because you won't be playing two months after release unless you are still running the level 80 content you mentioned, ad nauseum. The fun people had 10 years ago is going to remain a memory even if they reintroduce the same design. Wanting 2014 to be 2004 again is sheer hubris.

- - - Updated - - -

FF lacks FPs, so they use a Airship model, and compensate for it by forcing you to fight trash to do quests anywaysss.
    Just like WoW is with flying now with the exception of indoors and instances. There is no remarkable difference.
    Last edited by Callace; 2014-08-21 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    You will not see me in Assram.
    LOL, so many names for that place, I've seen Trashran and Trashcan too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    LOL, so many names for that place, I've seen Trashran and Trashcan too.
    They are spelling it wrong! Don't think I would last long on blizzard forums with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    @Maneo

Do you have some sort of block that is telling you that Blizzard is incapable of making the game and world fun without flying? Couldn't they just add more spawns of the nodes of ore / herbs? Couldnt they have more frequent rares pop up?

You do understand that they can adjust things to make ground gameplay very compelling.
    Yes Blizzard could make a game w/out flight at max level fun and compelling. The problem is unless they plan and a continous release of content on a near montlhy basis (lol), beta shows that they have not.

1) Making flight paths more linear and quicker than before
    But yet they still suck. Seriously how fucking hard can it be to make flight patsh move in fucking straight line. Blizzard flight paths have been fucked up since Vanilla (they said they would fix those to. Didn't happen till Cata .. oh and many of them are still fucked.

2) Already said they would be increasing node spawns
    Well that is nice to bad it doesn't stop making me have to fight 20 mobs, that pose no threat challenge or reward between one node or another does it.

3) Have all sorts of timeless isle type treasures and things to be found that you would most likely miss in a flying mount
    That stuff is fun and engaging once (probably while leveling). Then what?

4) Stated time and time again, that they are able to make BETTER, more dynamic content with the constraints of having people grounded
    Yes compelling and the only anti flight arguement that holds any water... Up until the point of us having access to beta and show they did nothing.

5) Stated time and time again that they believe that flight has not been the best for the game in terms of gameplay, storytelling etc
    Or it could be it is exactly what Bashoik said "We want to slow down the consumption of content" since nothing has really changed in the open world and they have been able to develop content with flight in mind since BC for game play story telling etc etc...

It does not take the deductive reasoning of Sherlock Holmes to deduce that the removal of flight is being done to slow down the consumption of content purelly for the benifit of the Devs not the players.

Why don't you just play the expansion, and try it before you whine and moan that you cant herpa derp fly over all obstacles swoop down, kill the mob, and swoop back up without any tediousness or annoyances?
    Have played the expac FYI

Assuming we are talking about max level .. I fixed that for you.

You can just as easily stop on your ground mount if you see something happening, a rare pop up, a node spawn, whatever as you could with flying.
    No you can't. First of all rares are only going to drop loot once so no need to kill them again. Lastly yes I can ride my spectral tiger from node to node at what 190% (with the mandatory garrison buff), and have to fight my way through mobs that pose no threat challenge or reward ... such fun...

yeah not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    It appears all that was done was to have the flying turned off. From what i have read on Beta, nothing is different than any other expansion before it. Flight paths are still loopy, spawns are still bad and far apart.

Blizzard has not addressed any changes to their design to make not flying more agreeable.

The ONLY statement to date is, "It is not our intention to make traveling inconvenient." The truth is travelling is 210% more inconvenient than it used to be.
    Ding ding ding we have a winner. Or at the very least somone who doesn't have a lack of blood for to their brain from a massive hardon for WPVP, or somone that doesn't have their head burried so far up Blizzards ass they can't listen to reason.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Well, even if they do remove flying in this expansion, the expansion doesn't sound like it'll last more than a year.
    I fully believe that if Blizzard is able to get by w/out ever introducing flying in this expac we will never see it included again.

I personally believe this is a test to see how many subs will be lost and if not enough subs are lost vs the gains made from having to never develop content w/flying in mind we will never see flight return to WoW except the areas that have it.

They get to go back to designing content like they did in Vanilla ..

Funny I thought expacs were suposed to push the game forward, and try and attract new players .. not thrust it back in time 8 years.

30 years ago, rpgs had airships so that lvl 50 toons wouldn't have to fight lvl 1 toons for no experience. Even in the 1980's, people understood that no one would bother to finish their game if they were forced to replay ad nauseum. And that's the real problem. Some people are so fucking boring that they will actually pay to do something after they have already completed it 10 times, 100 times, 1000 times. Flying absolutely has the prestige after the first play-through, because it eliminates unnecessary replay. But some people have a very, very desperate perspective on fun. And so now all of the normal people have to suffer for the sake of people that play the game 100 hours a week in a basement.
    Posts like this give me hope

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I just run out of shit to do. Slowing down my travel, sure it will slow me down, but is that fun?
    Sure as hell won't make dailies (weekly), archeology, gathering, pet battles etc etc more fun. Once leveling is complete and you have done the non instanced end game content that is what we are left with .

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    When they announced no flying I unsubscribed.

Different people like different things. Really, it isn't a hard concept.
    I didn't quit till it seemed like they intended to never allow flight in WoD.

I conceded that it could be good for the game to not have flying right away at max level (even though I don't like it), but not having flight beyond 6.1 is a deal breaker for me.

Them selling a mount at the Blizz store that is supposed to be from the WoD area, and having a flying mount along with the collectors edition pre order, for the expac where they intend to never allow flying. pretty much did in the last bit of integrity I thought Blizzard had left

You will FEEL the difference in speed after you've been playing the same content for 6 months to a year. Your idea of "spoiled" has no objectivity. Blizzard dumps most of WoW's profits into other projects. WoW's quality does not remotely match its cost, and lowering the rate of consumption (Bashiok admitted this and 'revised') only further dampens the value of the game. Blizzard is catering to the players who will play no matter what at this point in order to scale back production. It's straight economics.
    Now you are talking over most the anti flight peoples heads. Not very nice.

So you mean to tell me, out of everything in the game, the one thing that makes the game fun or not is the ability to fly up in the air?

If so, good riddance, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Personally that is a silly reason to unsubscribe.
    No being forced to constantly deal with mobs that pose no threat challenge or reward while doing the menial tasks available to us in non instanced content is enough to make people quit.

Time wasted is not difficulty.

Indulgent is making a billion dollars off a game and spending 4/5 of it on other games.
    I am really begining to like this dude.

Wow, i really like this idea. If they changed all flying mounts in Draenor to 60% speed (so it would be 60% less fast as ground mounts) then id be more apt to allow flying in my content.

Is this a fair trade?
    I don't really like this idea I however would be find with increasing the cast time of flying mounts.

How about making flying challenging instead? Make it just as difficult as riding around on the ground. Oh shit, that would require development time though. And that money goes to some other game.
    Sad but true.

Oh you mean like mortars being thrown at you every few seconds, and if you get hit by one it dismounts you? Oh wait, if they did that then you would be back here crying and whining about obstacles dismounting you.

Face it, you and people like you just want easy mode skip everything and avoid danger. I'm glad Blizz is sticking to their guns on this one.
    Most the complaints about that were because of the insta death. If they used parachutes when dismounted I don't think you would have to much in the way of complaining.

Time saved means more time on entertaining things.
    Yes

Flight is the precedent. You have that exactly backwards.
    Pretty much..

Lastly sorry I could bring myself to read all the threads to bring myself current. It is seriously appalling how bad the anti flight talking points are. Don't they teach debate in schools anymore?

Why not remove running. Walking speed is better. Ground mounts also allow to skip content. Remove all mounts and flight path and portals. Let us walk everywhere so we can enjoy every immersive blade of gras. If you disagree you have no clue about challenge, immersion and want easy mode!
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Lastly sorry I could bring myself to read all the threads to bring myself current. It is seriously appalling how bad the anti flight talking points are. Don't they teach debate in schools anymore?
    Good job, I see that you learned debate so well. You methodically went through the last four pages, and replied to every post that agreed with your stance with a positive note, and ignored every single one of the opposing side's arguments and then concluded that everyone else needs to learn debate. You don't automatically win because you think you're justified in your post.

Kudos.
    Last edited by Dragoncurry; 2014-08-22 at 12:38 AM.

Good job, I see that you learned debate so well. You methodically went through the last four pages, and replied to every post that agreed with your stance with a positive note, and ignored every single one of the opposing side's arguments and then concluded that everyone else needs to learn debate. You don't automatically win because you think you're justified in your post.

Kudos.
    I guess jaylock doesn't count as being on your side, huh? Or maybe you're doing the thing you're accusing him of, ignoring actual arguments because it suits you. Since, you know, you didn't respond to anything in his post besides the thing that wasn't an argument but more of an observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    It's no secret that I prefer my ground mounts. In my own playstyle, I've spent a lot of time collecting mounts for the achievements, but only really use one ground mount and one flying mount. My Paladin's Elekk, and my Iron Protodrake. When needed, I use my flying mount to reach places in all of the current, and prior, expansion(s) and spend the rest of my time as a Paladin, riding from place to place doing much the same thing the pro-flight crowd does. I enjoy Archaeology, and Pet Battles, and spend a couple of hours a week running 10/25 raid content. I'm in no rush to clear anything. Never have been really. So, for the purpose of this discussion, I will place myself on the anti-flight side of the aisle, even though I am not lobbying for its permanent removal, only its temporary withholding until 6.1 or 6.2.

When I look at flying, I see 3 things. Speed, convenience, and freedom. Please correct me if I am wrong on any of these counts, and I will gladly withdraw my statement.

Speed: Flying mounts are popular for their speed. Not everyone has the time they once had to dedicate to a game, and worked to earn/purchase 310% flight speed to spend less time battling ground mobs and more time getting from Point A to B. Flight paths have always been an inefficient means of travel since you spend the entire time either waiting for it to get there, or wishing you could just eject and parachute to your destination. Before it was fixed, it used to be you could log out, and back in, and it would drop you at the very next stop, or take you back to the one you just passed. Getting somewhere fast was ideal. You could outfly your enemies, improve your gathering rates, and have a direct A to B trajectory.

While speed is a fine thing to have, it also hinders a few things. Before flight, you would have to ride through areas where you might aggro someone if you wandered far enough from the main path. Before the power gap between level 60 and 70, most mobs who were within 10 levels still hit pretty hard. Now, at level 90, most mobs are 2 shot, and dead. At level 100, most of the mobs leading to Draenor will be 1 to 2 hits, tops. While it might appear inconvenient, it is hardly notice-able. Now, I know what you are going to say. "Those mobs are trash. They provide no loot, no challenge, and no interest." You're correct, which is why whining about a mob you can one shot is pretty silly. Also, if all of a sudden, you were pulled through a portal, and into a foreign world, you would find yourself in grave danger. On the ground, at level 90, this danger does not exist. Yet.

In Draenor, we've been told the rate of consumption for content needs to be monitored and paced, to provide longer interaction with the content, rather than speeding through it, and demanding more 8 days after the patch. Before the world of nerfs, it used to be we could not even clear CURRENT content, before more was being heaped on us, and what we had not cleared was NOT being nerfed to just blaze through. There was no LFR, LFD, or OQ. We formed groups, we befriended one another, we held one another accountable, and we marched through that opening and kicked some ass. We did not swoop in at 310% speed, hop off a mount, and shoot through the portal. If you had a ground mount moving 100%, and had Mithril Spurs or Carrot on a Stick, you were likely moving faster than anyone else. But, when you went from Booty Bay to Light's Hope Chapel the first time, you were either on foot, or on a ground mount. Speed had its limits, and yet we played on. We can do the same in Draenor, and if we listen closely, we can hear the sounds we heard for all those years before we took to the skies.

Convenience: When it comes to flying, convenience is the next big ticket. There is NO fear, at all. You can fly miles above the ground, and never be seen, or hover just out of reach from someone as you mock them before flying away. In the case of the Druid, the convenience is never having to leave bird form to harvest herbs, or quest items. Not only do they move at 310%, but they are a small target, and can hover 3 feet from a mob without any aggro. I rolled a druid for just these reasons. Might as well play to their strong suits. Another convenience is the lack of aggro. Unless you go into 4 specific parts of the game, you can hover in one spot all day long (as long as you keep hitting the space bar to prevent a time out), and never once come back to find yourself dead. Lastly, the escape. Flight is a very convenient method by which to avoid members of the other faction when you yourself are flagged for combat. Odds to great? Or just bad at PvP? No prob. Rezz behind a tree, mount up, and fly off. They will never know.

I remember forgetting to dash up a hillside, or onto a road, or sit down next to a guard before I went AFK. As a stealth class, it was seldom an issue unless something walked right through me, and then I could return to a corpse. Convenience removed the need to play smart. In a dangerous location in Vanilla? Better find a safe spot before I go see what the g/f wants. In a dangerous spot in MoP (or any other expansion)? Mount up, lift off, fly up for 10 seconds, AFK for 10 minutes. Come back and you are still alive. Hardly any effort, or planning. Convenient yes, but also really lazy. We used to get creative about where to AFK. Swim out into the lake (without fish), climb a hillside, run inside a tower, or even do the long hopping pattern to get up onto a rooftop. Now? Mount, fly, AFK. Sad really. Convenience has ruined the player's ability to remember what actual danger feels like. Like the first time you ever heard a Murloc shout, or your first raid when Rag took up your WHOLE SCREEN and you got flung into some deep lava and became an honorary member of the Molten Core swim team. Convenience removes these things, and negates their necessity. I miss playing with people who felt the danger, and would share their favorite AFK spots. For the sake of convenience, we've lost the ability to live out an adventure.

Freedom: This one is probably the biggest of the three. When it comes to flying, you can go anywhere, anytime, and nothing can stop you. You can jump from A to B and enjoy the ability to stop along the way and gather items, battle other pets, kill a rare, or give a friend a lift somewhere in the zone, making you their new hero. Freedom offers all of the fun, and none of the responsibility that riding a ground mount brings. You don't have to avoid aggro, or fly in circles at 280% to reach your destination. You just pick up and go. Plus, you do it all on YOUR time table. To hell with everyone else in this MMO. You have 30 minutes to play. You want to spend 3 minutes flying and 27 minutes playing. Screw them. Let them spend 15 minutes on flight paths and 2-3 hours playing. Their schedule is different than yours, and you just need the freedom to get where you need to go without wasting time or effort, regardless of how big or small that effort might be. This is you playing your game, your way, and they are just not that important.

Freedom is terrific. It can make the entire experience fun... for you. In an MMO-RPG, one of the Ms stands for Multi-Player. In a game with 6.5M (being generous) active subs, and more falling each day until the launch, everyone has the same mentality: "Your idea of fun, and my idea of fun are two different things. We are playing two different games when we log in." You're correct. You are playing your way, and I, to an extent, am playing your way. Myself, and others like me who prefer to use ground mounts, and stay wrapped within the landscape of the zone, have been required at times in the past 8/10 years of this game to use flying mounts. While I spent most of my game time late at night, and still stuck to a ground mount, I was unaffected in my game, or my gathering efforts. Others were not so lucky. In order to compete with bots, and other players for resources, they had to temporarily abandon their ground mount and take to the skies. In further efforts, in order to stay close to, or ahead of, the others, they were required to spend the gold for 310% travel. Had the roles been reversed, people who love flying would be pissed. Well, that time is now. The roles are reversing, and fliers will now feel the strain of having to conform to someone else's play style. The major difference here is, we've been doing it for 8 years without a peep. Pro-fliers have not even BEGUN doing it yet, and they are already raising Caine and threatening everyone at Blizzard and their mother.

So, in conclusion:

I am sorry you are losing your preferred method of travel for a patch, or more (depending on the consensus of the live player environment). Not every Anti-Flier is trying to anger you, or rub something in your face. But just as you want us to acknowledge your opinion on this topic, that door needs to swing the other direction. Some of us have waited 8 years to see the skies clear, and know that all of our competition is surrounding us on the ground. Just like the early days of questing before level 40 when we finally got a horse (or which ever mount you got), there was a calm feeling knowing everyone else in your zone was doing exactly what you were doing, and you were not constantly looking, or taking, to the skies. Now, for the first time in 8 years, I am excited about content, and situations which will hearken back to my beginning days when everything was more powerful than me, and lurking just around the corner, with two options: run, or fight.

Now, reaching nearly 900 pages, there is still no desire for Blizz to change their minds. On top of that, in a recent interview this week, Tom Chilton stated that flying would come to Draenor if the consensus were large enough. I think the largest thing driving the pro-flight group is the fear that too many people will either be in favor of flight removal, or indifferent about it, thus letting Blizz know that the vast majority of players don't really care about flying, even if there are players who ONLY care about it. It is a tough spot to be in. I know. Using my ground mount instead of my flying mount for the past 8 years has gotten me a lot of strange looks. Now, for the first time since 2006, I won't have to wonder if someone will swoop out of the sky, steal my ore/herb/rare/NPC/quest item/etc. They will have to run past me, and hope they can kill faster and dump aggro faster than a paladin

19:10 - Talks about flight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    It's no secret that I prefer my ground mounts. In my own playstyle, I've spent a lot of time collecting mounts for the achievements, but only really use one ground mount and one flying mount. My Paladin's Elekk, and my Iron Protodrake. When needed, I use my flying mount to reach places in all of the current, and prior, expansion(s) and spend the rest of my time as a Paladin, riding from place to place doing much the same thing the pro-flight crowd does. I enjoy Archaeology, and Pet Battles, and spend a couple of hours a week running 10/25 raid content. I'm in no rush to clear anything. Never have been really. So, for the purpose of this discussion, I will place myself on the anti-flight side of the aisle, even though I am not lobbying for its permanent removal, only its temporary withholding until 6.1 or 6.2.

When I look at flying, I see 3 things. Speed, convenience, and freedom. Please correct me if I am wrong on any of these counts, and I will gladly withdraw my statement.

Speed: Flying mounts are popular for their speed. Not everyone has the time they once had to dedicate to a game, and worked to earn/purchase 310% flight speed to spend less time battling ground mobs and more time getting from Point A to B. Flight paths have always been an inefficient means of travel since you spend the entire time either waiting for it to get there, or wishing you could just eject and parachute to your destination. Before it was fixed, it used to be you could log out, and back in, and it would drop you at the very next stop, or take you back to the one you just passed. Getting somewhere fast was ideal. You could outfly your enemies, improve your gathering rates, and have a direct A to B trajectory.

While speed is a fine thing to have, it also hinders a few things. Before flight, you would have to ride through areas where you might aggro someone if you wandered far enough from the main path. Before the power gap between level 60 and 70, most mobs who were within 10 levels still hit pretty hard. Now, at level 90, most mobs are 2 shot, and dead. At level 100, most of the mobs leading to Draenor will be 1 to 2 hits, tops. While it might appear inconvenient, it is hardly notice-able. Now, I know what you are going to say. "Those mobs are trash. They provide no loot, no challenge, and no interest." You're correct, which is why whining about a mob you can one shot is pretty silly. Also, if all of a sudden, you were pulled through a portal, and into a foreign world, you would find yourself in grave danger. On the ground, at level 90, this danger does not exist. Yet.

In Draenor, we've been told the rate of consumption for content needs to be monitored and paced, to provide longer interaction with the content, rather than speeding through it, and demanding more 8 days after the patch. Before the world of nerfs, it used to be we could not even clear CURRENT content, before more was being heaped on us, and what we had not cleared was NOT being nerfed to just blaze through. There was no LFR, LFD, or OQ. We formed groups, we befriended one another, we held one another accountable, and we marched through that opening and kicked some ass. We did not swoop in at 310% speed, hop off a mount, and shoot through the portal. If you had a ground mount moving 100%, and had Mithril Spurs or Carrot on a Stick, you were likely moving faster than anyone else. But, when you went from Booty Bay to Light's Hope Chapel the first time, you were either on foot, or on a ground mount. Speed had its limits, and yet we played on. We can do the same in Draenor, and if we listen closely, we can hear the sounds we heard for all those years before we took to the skies.

Convenience: When it comes to flying, convenience is the next big ticket. There is NO fear, at all. You can fly miles above the ground, and never be seen, or hover just out of reach from someone as you mock them before flying away. In the case of the Druid, the convenience is never having to leave bird form to harvest herbs, or quest items. Not only do they move at 310%, but they are a small target, and can hover 3 feet from a mob without any aggro. I rolled a druid for just these reasons. Might as well play to their strong suits. Another convenience is the lack of aggro. Unless you go into 4 specific parts of the game, you can hover in one spot all day long (as long as you keep hitting the space bar to prevent a time out), and never once come back to find yourself dead. Lastly, the escape. Flight is a very convenient method by which to avoid members of the other faction when you yourself are flagged for combat. Odds to great? Or just bad at PvP? No prob. Rezz behind a tree, mount up, and fly off. They will never know.

I remember forgetting to dash up a hillside, or onto a road, or sit down next to a guard before I went AFK. As a stealth class, it was seldom an issue unless something walked right through me, and then I could return to a corpse. Convenience removed the need to play smart. In a dangerous location in Vanilla? Better find a safe spot before I go see what the g/f wants. In a dangerous spot in MoP (or any other expansion)? Mount up, lift off, fly up for 10 seconds, AFK for 10 minutes. Come back and you are still alive. Hardly any effort, or planning. Convenient yes, but also really lazy. We used to get creative about where to AFK. Swim out into the lake (without fish), climb a hillside, run inside a tower, or even do the long hopping pattern to get up onto a rooftop. Now? Mount, fly, AFK. Sad really. Convenience has ruined the player's ability to remember what actual danger feels like. Like the first time you ever heard a Murloc shout, or your first raid when Rag took up your WHOLE SCREEN and you got flung into some deep lava and became an honorary member of the Molten Core swim team. Convenience removes these things, and negates their necessity. I miss playing with people who felt the danger, and would share their favorite AFK spots. For the sake of convenience, we've lost the ability to live out an adventure.

Freedom: This one is probably the biggest of the three. When it comes to flying, you can go anywhere, anytime, and nothing can stop you. You can jump from A to B and enjoy the ability to stop along the way and gather items, battle other pets, kill a rare, or give a friend a lift somewhere in the zone, making you their new hero. Freedom offers all of the fun, and none of the responsibility that riding a ground mount brings. You don't have to avoid aggro, or fly in circles at 280% to reach your destination. You just pick up and go. Plus, you do it all on YOUR time table. To hell with everyone else in this MMO. You have 30 minutes to play. You want to spend 3 minutes flying and 27 minutes playing. Screw them. Let them spend 15 minutes on flight paths and 2-3 hours playing. Their schedule is different than yours, and you just need the freedom to get where you need to go without wasting time or effort, regardless of how big or small that effort might be. This is you playing your game, your way, and they are just not that important.

Freedom is terrific. It can make the entire experience fun... for you. In an MMO-RPG, one of the Ms stands for Multi-Player. In a game with 6.5M (being generous) active subs, and more falling each day until the launch, everyone has the same mentality: "Your idea of fun, and my idea of fun are two different things. We are playing two different games when we log in." You're correct. You are playing your way, and I, to an extent, am playing your way. Myself, and others like me who prefer to use ground mounts, and stay wrapped within the landscape of the zone, have been required at times in the past 8/10 years of this game to use flying mounts. While I spent most of my game time late at night, and still stuck to a ground mount, I was unaffected in my game, or my gathering efforts. Others were not so lucky. In order to compete with bots, and other players for resources, they had to temporarily abandon their ground mount and take to the skies. In further efforts, in order to stay close to, or ahead of, the others, they were required to spend the gold for 310% travel. Had the roles been reversed, people who love flying would be pissed. Well, that time is now. The roles are reversing, and fliers will now feel the strain of having to conform to someone else's play style. The major difference here is, we've been doing it for 8 years without a peep. Pro-fliers have not even BEGUN doing it yet, and they are already raising Caine and threatening everyone at Blizzard and their mother.

So, in conclusion:

I am sorry you are losing your preferred method of travel for a patch, or more (depending on the consensus of the live player environment). Not every Anti-Flier is trying to anger you, or rub something in your face. But just as you want us to acknowledge your opinion on this topic, that door needs to swing the other direction. Some of us have waited 8 years to see the skies clear, and know that all of our competition is surrounding us on the ground. Just like the early days of questing before level 40 when we finally got a horse (or which ever mount you got), there was a calm feeling knowing everyone else in your zone was doing exactly what you were doing, and you were not constantly looking, or taking, to the skies. Now, for the first time in 8 years, I am excited about content, and situations which will hearken back to my beginning days when everything was more powerful than me, and lurking just around the corner, with two options: run, or fight.

Now, reaching nearly 900 pages, there is still no desire for Blizz to change their minds. On top of that, in a recent interview this week, Tom Chilton stated that flying would come to Draenor if the consensus were large enough. I think the largest thing driving the pro-flight group is the fear that too many people will either be in favor of flight removal, or indifferent about it, thus letting Blizz know that the vast majority of players don't really care about flying, even if there are players who ONLY care about it. It is a tough spot to be in. I know. Using my ground mount instead of my flying mount for the past 8 years has gotten me a lot of strange looks. Now, for the first time since 2006, I won't have to wonder if someone will swoop out of the sky, steal my ore/herb/rare/NPC/quest item/etc. They will have to run past me, and hope they can kill faster and dump aggro faster than a paladin

19:10 - Talks about flight.
    Wall of text crits for 10 billion.
    Tom Chilton stated that flying would come to Draenor if the consensus were large enough.
    No he said Blizzard requires an "overwhelming" amount of people to want flying, then it would probably (maybe) come back. Then he added luckly there is not a significant majority that wants flying.

In conclusion, flying is being removed to slow content consumption, not for the improvement of fun gameplay.
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-08-22 at 01:39 AM.

No he said Blizzard requires an "overwhelming" amount of people to want flying, then it would probably (maybe) come back. Then he added luckly there is not a significant majority that wants flying.

In conclusion, flying is being removed to slow content consumption, not for the improvement of fun gameplay.
    You should probably "snip" the shit you aren't responding to.

Nice response. If you decide you want to have an adult discussion, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Nice response. If you decide you want to have an adult discussion, let me know.
    To be fair, he did post something. Wonder why you'd rather call him a child than respond to him...

How has this argument ever even made sense? What is it going to slow down so much that it helps them out?

Oh and even if it is true, it's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    How has this argument ever even made sense? What is it going to slow down so much that it helps them out?

Oh and even if it is true, it's a good thing.
    It's made sense ever since Blizzard themselves have fucking said they intend to slow gameplay...

HA HA! Your logic "how does that make sense? Well, I guess that's a good thing." It's a good thing even if it makes zero sense? WTF...

It's made sense ever since Blizzard themselves have fucking said they intend to slow gameplay...

HA HA! Your logic "how does that make sense? Well, I guess that's a good thing." It's a good thing even if it makes zero sense? WTF...
    I said how does us moving through zones slower slow down content on the whole? It's all done in instanced content either way. I didn't say that slowing down content didn't make sense. It's necessary and needed. There has to be some sort of gating or it will all be blown through.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Removing flight purely for "slowing down consumption of content" would be a horrible idea.
    Luckily they are doing it so that the world of Draenor becomes part of the experience again for a while. Not just something one can safely fly over.
    I do not know why you are compelled to post things that are untrue. Everyone knows this is a gate. Blizzard has acknowledged this is a gate. What more do you need. I am starting to think some of you do not even play the game.

Sure blizzard reduce my travel by 66%. Be the first video game in history to revert back to their broken beginning. Flight was added due to blizzards poor travel system, which was uniformity hated during vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I said how does us moving through zones slower slow down content on the whole? It's all done in instanced content either way. I didn't say that slowing down content didn't make sense. It's necessary and needed. There has to be some sort of gating or it will all be blown through.
    Can you really not connect the dots?

Oh, wait, are you saying that your stance is now most of the time should be spent in instances and open world shouldn't or isn't relevant? Why do you care if we get flying or not if that's the case?

Love me some efficient and well thought out flight paths...

"These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Can you really not connect the dots?

Oh, wait, are you saying that your stance is now most of the time should be spent in instances and open world shouldn't or isn't relevant? Why do you care if we get flying or not if that's the case?
    What are you even talking about