1. #16801
    WoD is going to turn into a lobby game. So sad.

  2. #16802
    Brewmaster Nayaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Land of Tin Foil hats
    Posts
    1,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    WoD is going to turn into a lobby game. So sad.
    Menu game from Garrisons. Maybe they will release it for my iPhone? The rest will be queuing for content from the cities.

    What the hell happened at Blizzard to cause this colossal train wreck?

  3. #16803
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Perhaps you should speak for yourself. I for one will be entirely more compelled to leave the faction city.
    I will not. This change will only keep people in the city. If you give people broken travel. They will not use it.

    Main travel speed for expansion is going from 310% to 100%.

    It is weird to think a 10 year old game, with a declining player base is nerfing there travel speed by 210%

  4. #16804
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Menu game from Garrisons. Maybe they will release it for my iPhone? The rest will be queuing for content from the cities.

    What the hell happened at Blizzard to cause this colossal train wreck?
    Its your own fault really. Being pouty and stubborn and saying things like "im just going to stay in my garrison and ignore the world because i cant fly". The world is still there. You would rather just be mad little kid instead.

  5. #16805
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Its your own fault really. Being pouty and stubborn and saying things like "im just going to stay in my garrison and ignore the world because i cant fly". The world is still there. You would rather just be mad little kid instead.
    The only one I see pouting is you by throwing insults at people.

    After 7 years travel speed is nerfed by over 66% and you think people complaining is pouting? Come on. This is the single largest global nerf in the history of the game.

  6. #16806
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Menu game from Garrisons. Maybe they will release it for my iPhone? The rest will be queuing for content from the cities.

    What the hell happened at Blizzard to cause this colossal train wreck?
    Honestly, I was hoping they would do that. Release that mini-game for smart phones and tablets. They could do so many cool things with this game...

    Scenarios were a huge let down, and pet battles were also a let down. Should have been much more complex and rewarding than what they are.

    Like Garrisons should have let you use your alts as minions to send on missions. Scenarios should've replaced normal instances. Pet battles should have had a lot more features to it, and they should've put pet battles and garrison on smart portable devices. Maybe set up the garrison to showcase your alts and let you rummage through their inventories.

    But, hey, lets remove flying instead of adding anything cool to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    what? you can knock people off ground mounts with auto attack.

  7. #16807
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I will not. This change will only keep people in the city. If you give people broken travel. They will not use it.

    Main travel speed for expansion is going from 310% to 100%.

    It is weird to think a 10 year old game, with a declining player base is nerfing there travel speed by 210%
    It is not only the travel speed but losing the ability to experience the game using the Z axis. It increases the replay value of the game (eg first experience MoP on the ground and then from the air).

  8. #16808
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Its your own fault really. Being pouty and stubborn and saying things like "im just going to stay in my garrison and ignore the world because i cant fly". The world is still there. You would rather just be mad little kid instead.
    What am I doing in the world after I've already experienced it while leveling?
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    what? you can knock people off ground mounts with auto attack.

  9. #16809
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    It is not only the travel speed but losing the ability to experience the game using the Z axis. It increases the replay value of the game (eg first experience MoP on the ground and then from the air).
    I get what you are saying and agree. That said, I could play in a world without flight. I am going to have a tougher time playing in a world of slow motion.

    Maybe wow is trying to go for the stop animation look.

  10. #16810
    Its your own fault really. Being pouty and stubborn and saying things like "im just going to stay in my garrison and ignore the world because i cant fly". The world is still there. You would rather just be mad little kid instead.
    Damn right, Ord! He should get out there and see the world, whether it's any fun or not!

    The point isn't that they're taking the world away from people; it's that they're making it a chore to interact with. Yes, flying over the world is somewhat less interactive than slepping around on its surface, grappling with every trivial little critter and bump in the terrain, but that's a matter of degrees. It's no more commendable to want to interact with the world to the highest degree available than it is to want to interact with it to a lesser degree. Staying bunkered up is a complete disengagement, and that seems to be the experience they're cultivating at the cap.

    They say there's awesome content on the ground. Awesome. Only I can't believe them, because they don't believe it themselves. If they believed their content was fun and engaging, really knew they had made something awesome, they'd have left us with the ability to fly over it if we wanted, secure in the knowledge that we wouldn't do because it's fun. I can't support a product offered with that little confidence.

  11. #16811
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    What am I doing in the world after I've already experienced it while leveling?
    +1

    The apexis crystal grind isn't compelling enough to do @100 (in hard to reach places too) and frankly isn't worth the time sink that it is for poor rewards. You are better off joining a PVE or PVP queue that offers superior rewards for the same time investment.

  12. #16812
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaganfindel View Post
    Damn right, Ord! He should get out there and see the world, whether it's any fun or not!

    The point isn't that they're taking the world away from people; it's that they're making it a chore to interact with. Yes, flying over the world is somewhat less interactive than slepping around on its surface, grappling with every trivial little critter and bump in the terrain, but that's a matter of degrees. It's no more commendable to want to interact with the world to the highest degree available than it is to want to interact with it to a lesser degree. Staying bunkered up is a complete disengagement, and that seems to be the experience they're cultivating at the cap.

    They say there's awesome content on the ground. Awesome. Only I can't believe them, because they don't believe it themselves. If they believed their content was fun and engaging, really knew they had made something awesome, they'd have left us with the ability to fly over it if we wanted, secure in the knowledge that we wouldn't do because it's fun. I can't support a product offered with that little confidence.
    Compelling post.

  13. #16813
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaganfindel View Post
    Damn right, Ord! He should get out there and see the world, whether it's any fun or not!

    The point isn't that they're taking the world away from people; it's that they're making it a chore to interact with. Yes, flying over the world is somewhat less interactive than slepping around on its surface, grappling with every trivial little critter and bump in the terrain, but that's a matter of degrees. It's no more commendable to want to interact with the world to the highest degree available than it is to want to interact with it to a lesser degree. Staying bunkered up is a complete disengagement, and that seems to be the experience they're cultivating at the cap.

    They say there's awesome content on the ground. Awesome. Only I can't believe them, because they don't believe it themselves. If they believed their content was fun and engaging, really knew they had made something awesome, they'd have left us with the ability to fly over it if we wanted, secure in the knowledge that we wouldn't do because it's fun. I can't support a product offered with that little confidence.
    The world is interactive whether you use a ground or flying mount. You interact with the world in different ways which is why I like using both my ground and flying mount to explore. Taking away flying is taking away 50% of the my exploration enjoyment.

  14. #16814
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    What am I doing in the world after I've already experienced it while leveling?
    If the world has always had no use to you after leveling, you are virtually unaffected by no flying.

  15. #16815
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I get what you are saying and agree. That said, I could play in a world without flight. I am going to have a tougher time playing in a world of slow motion.

    Maybe wow is trying to go for the stop animation look.
    A world without flight would be having teleports everywhere.

    Lineage 2 added ports everywhere and that game doesn't feel the same to be honest. Besides Lineage 2 had scrolls of escapes/gatekeepers so adding portals to hunting zones was kind of redundant anyways.

  16. #16816
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    If the world has always had no use to you after leveling, you are virtually unaffected by no flying.
    Good dodge. Care to try again with an actual answer? You said that the world is out there for us, but you failed to tell us what is out there that compels us to partake in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    what? you can knock people off ground mounts with auto attack.

  17. #16817
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    The only one I see pouting is you by throwing insults at people.

    After 7 years travel speed is nerfed by over 66% and you think people complaining is pouting? Come on. This is the single largest global nerf in the history of the game.
    This is just sad.

    1) you can get a 20% boost to your ground mount speed via the stables in your garrison.

    2) People played Vanilla no problem with ground mounts and they were all out in the world exploring ALL THE TIME. Don't make it out to be like they took away your ability to explore the world.

    I'd even say exploration will be filled with a higher sense of wonder and danger from the ground instead of simply "herp a derp, im gonna fly exactly to the pin point of where I want to go, swoop down, kill that 1 rare npc, and fly right back up and avoid the world all together." Remember, everyone else will be on ground mounts just like you, so there will be no upper hand for anyone.

    People are just fine with timeless isle, and guess what..... YOU CANT FLY *GASP*!!

    I'm sure Blizzard will cower to the whiners after patch 6.1, but ill be enjoying the first six months of the expansion right from the seat of my ground mount. If you dont want to be out in the world, and you wanna stay in town and queue becuase you are butt hurt about no flying, great, more rares and more things out in the world for me.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  18. #16818
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    If the world has always had no use to you after leveling, you are virtually unaffected by no flying.
    Weren't you complaining there aren't enough people in the world? So basically it's not that no flying improves anything, it's all about what you want...

  19. #16819
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is just sad.

    1) you can get a 20% boost to your ground mount speed via the stables in your garrison.

    2) People played Vanilla no problem with ground mounts and they were all out in the world exploring ALL THE TIME. Don't make it out to be like they took away your ability to explore the world.

    I'd even say exploration will be filled with a higher sense of wonder and danger from the ground instead of simply "herp a derp, im gonna fly exactly to the pin point of where I want to go, swoop down, kill that 1 rare npc, and fly right back up and avoid the world all together." Remember, everyone else will be on ground mounts just like you, so there will be no upper hand for anyone.

    People are just fine with timeless isle, and guess what..... YOU CANT FLY *GASP*!!

    I'm sure Blizzard will cower to the whiners after patch 6.1, but ill be enjoying the first six months of the expansion right from the seat of my ground mount. If you dont want to be out in the world, and you wanna stay in town and queue becuase you are butt hurt about no flying, great, more rares and more things out in the world for me.
    Enjoy your empty sand box.

    1. Forcing players choices with garrisons is bad design.

    2. Most requested feature in vanilla was flying mounts

    3. WoD has a lot less to explore than MoP. Most of the exploration stuff in WoD is on the Ashran PVP instance. Spires of Arrak has some archaelogy stuff but without a flying mount archaeology will be a dead profession.

  20. #16820
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Good dodge. Care to try again with an actual answer? You said that the world is out there for us, but you failed to tell us what is out there that compels us to partake in it.
    I would imagine what waits in the world for us is whatever you were mounting up to fly toward instead of mounting up to ride toward. Going out to pet battle? There are two ways to get there: fast and convenient, with no interference, or slow and semi-convenient, with some interference. I rarely touch my flying mounts now. Even in a flying world, my Elekk is my favorite Pally mount. Now, just because your favorite method of travel is not the same as mine, let's not discredit the comments of others by asking "What's out there?". You know what is out there. You just want to get there by flight, instead of by ground. We will all be doing the same things we've done out in the world in prior expansions, but this time, fast, convenient, and no interference, will not be an option.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •