10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenway View Post
    What's wrong with us Moon Guardians?
    I swear to sweet baby jesus if you bring up goldshire....
    Well, Silvermoon City, and a few other choice locations have become a breeding ground for behavior rated M, not T.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...%93-discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ninepenny View Post
    You just gave a reason why Blizz made their decision: too much freedom, too much choice. Also, playing on ED doesn't give you wpvp expert credentials.
    World PVP actually still happens on ED. For the people on dead low pop PVP servers that think no flying will improve world PVP for their realms they are in for a rude awakening. I feel sorry for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    I'm not sure I'm quite the knight that you are.

Didn't think about the escape tools that every class has.
    Sounds like interesting.
    Sounds fun.

And if so many have them, what's the issue you have then about forced WPvP if people are capable of avoiding it?
    Again though, PVE servers.
    Because my server is known for PVP but is also a role play server. We have massive world PVP battles but we don't go around griefing the role players.

I know a hard concept for you to fathom if you are on a dead PVP server.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninepenny View Post
    You just gave a reason why Blizz made their decision: too much freedom, too much choice. Also, playing on ED doesn't give you wpvp expert credentials.
    What's the point of having pve realms then if you're forcing a change to "improve wPvP" (wPvP died when instanced PvP appeared, the only thing that floats the boat of the wPvPers is ganking) and force half of the playerbase that doesn't want anything to do with it to suffer from flightless world too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    What's the point of having pve realms then if you're forcing a change to "improve wPvP" (wPvP died when instanced PvP appeared, the only thing that floats the boat of the wPvPers is ganking) and force half of the playerbase that doesn't want anything to do with it to suffer from flightless world too.
    Because improving wPvP is just a nice side effect among the many other reasons to remove flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    World PVP actually still happens on ED. For the people on dead low pop PVP servers that think no flying will improve world PVP for their realms they are in for a rude awakening. I feel sorry for them.
    But how can it not improve PvP?
    May not be a huge improvement, since you need the players first.., but still an improvement.

Because my server is known for PVP but is also a role play server. We have massive world PVP battles but we don't go around griefing the role players.

I know a hard concept for you to fathom if you are on a dead PVP server.
    Don't they have PvE-RP servers?
    What's your point anyways? Are you speaking on behalf of all WPvPers that you are a noble WPvPer and no-flying will not have any affects on WPvP?

Exactly that is the problem. You can CHOSE to interact. Limited to groundmounts, you HAVE to interact.
    Phasing says hi there.

But how can it not improve PvP?May not be a huge improvement, since you need the players first.., but still an improvement.
    1. More than 60% on PVE servers

2. PVP Off switch now implemented

3. WPVP irrelevant on the majority of servers

Deleted
    Hi, I'm on a PvE server and agree wholeheartedly with the removal of flying until 6.1. It has nothing to do with pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    1. More than 60% on PVE servers

2. PVP Off switch now implemented

3. WPVP irrelevant on the majority of servers
    Well good thing WPvP wasn't the only positive from removing flight! (probably wasn't intentional either)
    Now you can enjoy ground mounts without feeling like you're hindering yourself, learn to navigate on terrain!

One thing I hope they add more of is the platform gaming they did on Timeless Isles, with the rope walking and column jumping.

Deleted
    Blizzardsaid a miljon times, that we CAN FLY at patch 6.1, so MAY YOU STOP LOCK THAT THREAD, PLEASE????

Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    Blizzardsaid a miljon times, that we CAN FLY at patch 6.1, so MAY YOU STOP LOCK THAT THREAD, PLEASE????
    No they didnt say that. They said they will see how it goes, pending community sentiment and feedback, thus whether flight may or may not return in 6.1 remains undetermined.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    No they didnt say that. They said they will see how it goes, pending community sentiment and feedback, thus whether flight may or may not return in 6.1 remains undetermined.

People still talking abou, like "Yay, we can`t fly, now we can do a lot of world pvp! and bulls**t", like taht.

1. I am on PvE server!
    2. I can allways keep my PvP off!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Because improving wPvP is just a nice side effect among the many other reasons to remove flying.
    When it comes to PvP and the bullshit that comes with it, I am reminded of this post. It was a bit underrated at the time, but is poignant as far as I am concerned:

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    As for WPvP, I have started to really think how flying actually 'hurt' it in MoP, if at all. Southern KW was fully designed for WPvP, with PvP targets, rewards and PvP quests.
    IoT had a full set of PvP quests that rewarded CP over the RBG limit or VP, as well as a plethora of world boss mobs that would invite pvp while people waited for them to spawn.
    TI had the sensor and the same boss waiting pvp element.
    IoG had epic PvP battles on my PvE server trying to get a Oondasta tag.
    Plus the ability to get a posse together, or go solo, and camp people at the isolated pvp vendors, put out on the sticks away from the major hubs to promote wpvp.
    Or mix it up at the Shrines.
    Warbringers were also good places for skirmishes while waiting for spawns.
    *Plus people are always dueling outside Org and SW, they are pretty fun places for WPvP, guerrilla style.

All of these WPvP things were available as viable WPvP options in an overworld that included flight. I just don't get how the lack of WPvP is really a gripe with flying, when the options for it in a world with flight are plenty.
    RP and PvE servers will have the Perm-Off toggle to AVOID PvP, accidental or not. All no flying is going to do is remind you now you can see them and STILL not touch them. You want World PvP back? Remove the instant teleportation to the instance the second the queue pops. I guarantee if people have to sit around outside a BG like the old days, fights will break out between matches, and occasionally never get back inside.

PvP is a poor excuse to do ANYTHING in this game. Personally, I've changed my views since entering this thread, and I still find PvP to be a shit answer. Cause PvP... is shit.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to calm down. People have every right to discuss the topic. Some people may be more persistent, but MMO-C wants ONE central thread to discuss the topic, not 500 micro threads. So, like it or not, the thread will remain open.

- - - Updated - - -

People still talking abou, like "Yay, we can`t fly, now we can do a lot of world pvp! and bulls**t", like taht.

1. I am on PvE server!
    2. I can allways keep my PvP off!!!!!
    He didn't say anything about PvP. He mentioned Tom Chilton's interview from last month at Gamescom talking about how flying is being delayed and might not be put into WoD at all if there are not enough complaints about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Here is the link to the Tom Chilton interview:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mydjaH_HIE
    Comments about flying at 19:00
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2014-09-04 at 11:25 AM.

No flying at max level isn't brought on because of WPVP. (I doubt it was even considred as a side of of flying removal in relavent content)

Blizzard designed WPVP out of the game for the most part. Put rewards and reason into an instance and shuffled everyone there. The little that it happens now is just the outliers in the bell curve and can be generally be excluded.

If you're a ganker, I highly doubt anyone cares much about that mentality to wPVP and no flying isn't suddenly going to make those gamers that didn't want to PVP suddenly start pvp'ing. It just doesn't happen in a large enough group due to the lack of reward. Why fight out and about for nothing more than a /laugh or /spit when you can run some instance content for PVP and actually get a reward.

No flying at max level isn't suddenly going to increase wpvp numbers. As mentioned above, there have been plenty of opportunities for it to happen and it just doesn't happen enough to warrant a change to max level like removing flying in relevant content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Most pvp servers are super lopsided. They are going to get sooooo much worse with no flying. The smaller faction will have even a tougher time getting out of town to do anything.

Such a stupid idea to create an environment for wpvp with out working on your server balance. I have been one of those faction where there are eight horde to every one of me.

Fun, fun, fun.

Given how much money they are going to refund for flying mounts, they will probably stop giving free char transfers to people stuck on lopsided servers.

Sounds good to me. I played Rift for a couple months and had no problem with a lack of flying mounts.

Flying is probably gone forever.

So dumb they keep going back and forth pitting player against player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Sounds good to me. I played Rift for a couple months and had no problem with a lack of flying mounts.
    If WOW had rifts travel system I would be fine with no flying as well. Rift has a superior immersion portal system designed specifically to keep you playing.

Wows system is designed to stop you from playing when you travel.

Rift has a superior immersion portal system designed specifically to keep you playing.
    Haha. Well that didn't work out too well did it huh, because nobody is playing it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Flying is probably gone forever.

So dumb they keep going back and forth pitting player against player.
    You should probably stop spreading lies. We have no idea if flight is coming back or not. Saying it is gone forever is 100% false. Even if it is never added during the content's current stages, it would likely be activated once 7.0 launches. There would be zero reason to leave it out at that point. You need to start thinking before you post, and get your facts straight. This is little more than fear mongering.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Haha. Well that didn't work out too well did it huh, because nobody is playing it anymore.
    They are actually doing quite well and have an expansion coming out soon I believe. Rift actually has much better open world content that wow in my opinion. Wow wins out because of its instances. Thank goodness for LFR and LFD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Walter II View Post
    You should probably stop spreading lies. We have no idea if flight is coming back or not. Saying it is gone forever is 100% false. Even if it is never added during the content's current stages, it would likely be activated once 7.0 launches. There would be zero reason to leave it out at that point. You need to start thinking before you post, and get your facts straight. This is little more than fear mongering.

Ummmm. Tom Chilton said it is probably gone in a recent interview. Those are the facts. They are straight. They are not lies. They are the truth.

It is kind of funny you say fear mongering which basically means people are afraid to lose their flight in game. I agree with you there.

And as much as I am enjoying "Walter" we all know your post history. Legendary my friend, simply legendary.....
    Last edited by Barkloud; 2014-09-04 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Ummmm. Tom Chilton said it is probably gone in a recent interview. Those are the facts. They are straight. They are not lies. They are the truth.
    Could you link the relevant fragment of that interview? I didn't see that before, and it's definitely interesting.