Quote Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
    World PvP is exactly why someone chooses a PvP server in WoW. That is the only difference between a PvP server and a PvE server. This has not changed since 2004.

I started on a PvP server on opening day and made it work for 2 years before finally realizing that I should cut my losses and start over. At release, I had these grandiose concepts that contested territory could conquered and held for your faction and that there would be consequences for acting like a douchebag in PvP.

None of that showed up (even though it was hinted at leading up to release). In 2014, 10 years later - it is well known what a WoW PvP server is and world PvP is the only thing it offers over a PvE server.

FWIW: whatever dev decided flying mounts were a cool idea for PvP servers should examine why they are in the capacity to make decisions regarding PvP servers in the first place.
    and with all of that firmly in mind, World PVP is shit.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    This same guy who tweeted about "potentially no flying" also states the following when being asked about the boost to 90 in an interview:

AusGamers: Have you had much feedback from regular, consistent players who worked hard to reach their high levels? Are they upset with the idea of the boost at all?

Alex: No, no. Well I don’t want to understate this saying “not at all” but for the most part no. If you think about it WoW is also a game of achievements and accomplishments and I feel like me as a level 90 player and those 100s of hours I spent in WoW or whatever that number might be, I have the achievements and the titles; the rare mounts and rare titles, the rare armour and all this other stuff and you’re not getting that in the boost -- we’ll give you the gear you need to succeed, we’ll get you to the level you need to succeed, but now it’s your turn to become the hero. Now you [need to] become that guy you saw: the guy with the crazy shoulder pads and the insane sword and the flaming horse, right. We’re not giving you that, you need to earn that.
    Source

I would love to see his face when he sees all the drama on this forum and others about how pissed people were. Not that I care, but this guy doesn't seem to have CLUE ONE about players in this game, or his target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Numbers doubled from TBC to Wrath. They even introduced the Tome of Flight for alts at lvl 77 which your 80 could purchase and send to them to allow them flight in northrend before hitting level cap. Blizz never had to introduce flying, but they did in TBC. You could not move 10 feet in Shat without hitting 50 people on their flying mounts. Then we got the same thing in Dalaran. Everyone was showing off the latest mount from their Raiding accomplishment.

So, I wonder why they would develop a Flying mount for WoD and then not use it.
    The thing about the expansion mount being a flier IS weird but none of your points about flying mean subscription increase had to do with flying. Theyve added many other things that could have just easily contributed to subscription increase. Correlation does not mean causation. Of course people would be sitting around on their flying mounts and making use of them, its the fastest mode of travel, I think flying was a bad idea and I sit on my flying mount. Im not going to purposely handicap myself because of my opinion. And people showing off their raid mounts has nothing to do with flying being good. They would show them off just as equally if a non flying mount was given.

Take away flying and portals, for immersion.

Let people boost to 90 and skip most of the game, for immersion.

Let people build garrisons and send followers to play the game, gather resources and gear for them, for immersion.

The WoW developers responsible for these changes seem to have a drastically different idea of immersion than I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uiemad View Post
    The thing about the expansion mount being a flier IS weird but none of your points about flying mean subscription increase had to do with flying. Theyve added many other things that could have just easily contributed to subscription increase. Correlation does not mean causation. Of course people would be sitting around on their flying mounts and making use of them, its the fastest mode of travel, I think flying was a bad idea and I sit on my flying mount. Im not going to purposely handicap myself because of my opinion. And people showing off their raid mounts has nothing to do with flying being good. They would show them off just as equally if a non flying mount was given.
    The big point is this, and I will highlight it to make it obvious:

In a game where flying mounts are sold, and earned, and given as achievement rewards for Heroic Dungeons and Raids, why would a company shoot itself in the foot by removing the ability for people to show what they've earned? What are they going to do for rewards now? GROUND MOUNTS? Also, Vial of the Sands is not usable as a ground mount, and also functions as a passenger vehicle.
    Plus, the stormcrow mount I showed before. There are too many "flight" variables to believe this will ever be an expac without flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I wonder why they would develop a Flying mount for WoD and then not use it.
    Because they aren't removing flying from the game, just considering no flying on Draenor. You can still use flying mounts in Azeroth.

I don't mind if they remove flying, much as I enjoy it, it does make things faster, which in turn means I finish content a lot faster and get bored faster.

The big point is this, and I will highlight it to make it obvious:

Plus, the stormcrow mount I showed before. There are too many "flight" variables to believe this will ever be an expac without flying.
    Oh Im in no way arguing that it seems nuts to remove flying NOW of all times. But people arent losing the ability to show what theyve earned, they can still use them as ground mounts. Vial of the sands will likely need to be changed or it will only be able to be used in old zones which would be lame. And of COURSE theyll switch to giving out ground mounts, why does your quote ask that like its absurd?

Personally if they remove flying I probably wont ever use my flying mounts at all any more. Running on the ground on a mount with wings just feels weird, so I can understand where people come from saying all the mounts will be thrown out the window. But Id still prefer the removal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Name a single positive thing that the removal of HGWT did accomplish. For me, it only reduced the amount of fun I had out in the open world.
    I think it made the world feel more bigger in a sense. It certainly made me experience a lot more of the world that i hadn't if the spell was still in the game. It also helped me and a lot of my raid group get out of the lazy pattern of just asking for a summon whenever we had a raid going or something of the sort. then again, i'm not one of those people who demand instant gratification. I have no problem walking to something, and if your experience was diminished by the fact that you couldnt make use of an instant teleport spell says a lot about how much you value the actual content.

If something isn't worth spending a minute flying or walking to, when why is it worth doing at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    They came out today and said as it stands Draenor won't have any flying ever. They want to see how players react.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    They came out today and said as it stands Draenor won't have any flying ever. They want to see how players react.
    It's going to be amusing when the people who don't follow WoW news find out about this change after hitting level 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    It's going to be amusing when the people who don't follow WoW news find out about this change after hitting level 100.
    What puzzles me is that they'll gauge it by one thing really - does it cause subscriber losses. Why risk something like that? Especially IF WoD isn't well received to begin with.

Where did they say this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aggs View Post
    Where did they say this?
    Peep front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikarun View Post
    Because they aren't removing flying from the game, just considering no flying on Draenor. You can still use flying mounts in Azeroth.

I don't mind if they remove flying, much as I enjoy it, it does make things faster, which in turn means I finish content a lot faster and get bored faster.
    I would suggest using your ground mount as much as possible while using flight paths and portals, like we're going to do in WoD. You'll notice that it's really not that much slower than flying, but sitting on flightpaths is a lot more boring than flying yourself though.

Oh Im in no way arguing that it seems nuts to remove flying NOW of all times. But people arent losing the ability to show what theyve earned, they can still use them as ground mounts. Vial of the sands will likely need to be changed or it will only be able to be used in old zones which would be lame. And of COURSE theyll switch to giving out ground mounts, why does your quote ask that like its absurd?

Personally if they remove flying I probably wont ever use my flying mounts at all any more. Running on the ground on a mount with wings just feels weird, so I can understand where people come from saying all the mounts will be thrown out the window. But Id still prefer the removal.
    There are a lot of flying mounts you can't use while in no flying zones unfortunately. Unless they changed it, but last time I checked I couldn't use my proto-drake in a zone where I couldn't fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    why does your quote ask that like its absurd?
    Probably because it is. If Ground Mounts were the new standard, they would sell ground mounts in the Blizz Store, not mounts with wings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Peep front page.
    Actually, it is just a "test" to see how it goes at shipping. No where did it say "Draenor won't have any flying ever." You should watch your wording. Hyperbole and fact are two separate entities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, it is just a "test" to see how it goes at shipping. No where did it say "Draenor won't have any flying ever." You should watch your wording. Hyperbole and fact are two separate entities.
    Considering it's a contradiction of their earlier: 'reintroducing at a later patch'.

I guess it's just individual interpretation, not hyperbole, as there's no indication it's coming back besides that of player reception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering it's a contradiction of their earlier: 'reintroducing at a later patch'.

I guess it's just individual interpretation, not hyperbole, as there's no indication it's coming back besides that of player reception.
    Until they SAY it on the official page, it is still coming back in the first major patch. That knowledge is certain as it is on the official site. Someone's twitter account means jack shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Name a single positive thing that the removal of HGWT did accomplish. For me, it only reduced the amount of fun I had out in the open world.
    it didn't change anything, true. and just removing flying won't accomplish anything either. but the way i see it, it's a necessary step (one of many) to achieve the end goal - to get people go into the world and do stuff (without trivializing it).

I would love to see his face when he sees all the drama on this forum and others about how pissed people were. Not that I care, but this guy doesn't seem to have CLUE ONE about players in this game, or his target audience.
    i'd risk a statement this forum is not at all representative of wow playerbase. i think most players don't go to any fansites and don't care about any behind the scenes stuff. they just play the game and are not really that bothered by most changes (and if they are, they simply quit).

Ok I am just posting here, trying to figure this out.

Originally it was "You won't have flying until first major patch".

Then " You won't have flying until first major patch and you complete a mini legendary quest for it"

Now it is " Plan is no flying at launch and see how it plays out"

WTF already. This sounds like they really are hoping that we will somehow enjoy not flying, and are intending it to stretch the whole expansion.

Personally I like flying.

The flight paths are horrible (Fly from point A, to C, to F, and then finally to B). That and flight paths are your auto afk option (on a flight path time to alt tab or take a poop)

I have even done little tests w/Flying and w/out.

Thirty minutes of mining w/out flight yields about just over 20 ore. With flight 30 minutes yields 60+ ore and a rare kill.

Pet Battles in 30 minutes. With out a flight you will get maybe 4 battles in, with flight I got 12 in.

Daily Quests. Taking the same 5 quests w/out flight the quests took me over 40 minutes. Those same five quests w/flight took me just over twenty.

Archeology .. ok honestly I could not bring myself to do this on a ground mount. Think that would be about as enjoyable as flossing w/barbed wire.

Basically they are increasing the amount of play by 50+% and yielding the same rewards. Artificially lengthening the game.

As it stands now once I level I will just be planting myself in the capital city (or garrison) waiting in que for what I want to do. Instead of being out in the world farming mats, battle pets, doing dailies, archeology, etc. Sound kinda counter productive to "making the world feel more alive" cause I know I am not the only one. Then after I get bored of spending all my time just sitting in que and not playing the game I will play less then eventually unsub again I am sure I am not the only one.

I bought the CE digital of WoD mainly for the flying mount. If they intend on not having flying in WoD that was a total waste of money, cause if flight isn't coming to WoD I won't be playing.

So what one of those 3 dev comments is correct does anyone know?