This thread struggles with reading comprehension.

I myself won't be playing the game either way and already unsubbed.

It's not necessarily because of flying, and I wouldn't base a decision based on a rumor anyway. But the whole game is no longer fun. I enjoy ONE aspect of it, and the one thing takes so much maintenance that it just isn't worth it anymore.

But a lot of people posting in this thread are hypocritical d-bags. Like for real, learn some fucking respect for other people. We are allowed to have our opinion same as you are, and just because we disagree with there being no flying doesn't give you the right to mouth off. Every other poster in this thread should be banned for just being a negative d-bag, it would go a long way to make this Forum a better place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    So others must be forced to use ground mounts because you aren't willing to take a tiny bit of effort. "I don't enjoy flying mounts, others must now suffer because I am unwilling to inconvenience myself to do something I enjoy.
    Suffer? Where is the suffering coming from? It seems like you're creating it for yourself; it's not like everyone else has an advantage over you.

Would actually love no flying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    if i wanted to explore? id use a car, which i would do while questing. the first time. after that, its not exploring anymore, its daily routines. i will take a plane because the exploring part is over, now its time to commute back and forth between work points. i want to get from country to country quickly so that i have more time to do my work and less time traveling around pointlessly.
    Here's the problem. You're equating a game with work.

So others must be forced to use ground mounts because you aren't willing to take a tiny bit of effort. "I don't enjoy flying mounts, others must now suffer because I am unwilling to inconvenience myself to do something I enjoy.
    Yes that's what he and all the other's are saying. Yet they won't just say it because they know how dumb they would sound. It's a lost cause. For people who enjoy it so much they sure don't like using those ground mounts for the fun of it.... Nope nope nope. Can't be behind everyone else, because you know Running with the crowd ---> fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Suffer? Where is the suffering coming from? It seems like you're creating it for yourself; it's not like everyone else has an advantage over you.
    If I can't do something that I enjoy, or can't do anything any longer that I used to enjoy, I'm suffering from it, wouldn't you agree?

A believe an entire expansion without flying would be a big mistake.

Suffer by removing something they enjoy.

No he's not blizz and people who want others FORCED into ground mounts are. I don't really understand what's so hard to understand about what he said. I mean... /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    If I can't do something that I enjoy, I'm suffering from it, wouldn't you agree?
    And you enjoy it why? Yes, flying offers efficiency. But what else? You can look down on the world from a flightpath.

- - - Updated - - -

Suffer by removing something they enjoy.
    And replacing it with something that they could perhaps likewise enjoy, or enjoy even more. Why does one enjoy flying mounts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the problem. You're equating a game with work.
    sadly the game does have a bunch of work that goes with it. the problem isnt with mounts, its with the "work" we have to do to enjoy the fun parts of the game.

so dont you think they need to fix the REAL problems then?
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranker View Post
    No he's not blizz and people who want others FORCED into ground mounts are. I don't really understand what's so hard to understand about what he said. I mean... /facepalm
    A lot of people won't suffer. Some will. Where is the suffering coming from? I'm suggesting it's their own perception that they're being restricted, when in reality, they'll get to see the new world from a more interesting perspective.

It seems to me that people just don't like change.

Bad arguments. I can tell you why but I'm sure you're not interested, If you are, see my post 7 above yours.
    You used even worse arguments. First of all, what is the problem with taking the efficient route? Secondly, people will just use flight paths to get everywhere and then use roads for the rest. Also, if by 'unexpected' you mean being facerolled by a group of 5 players who then proceed to camp and /rofl at you, then no that doesn't make the game more fun and it's not exciting at all. Nothing unexpected is going to come from an NPC when you are no longer 'exploring' the world, and are rather just coming out to do the same thing you have already done 12 times and already having memorized the path to take through the mobs and being attacked and dismounted is nothing but a pain in the butt.

I can understand if you are one of the mindless gankers, why you wouldn't like flying. But aside from being an opportunistic ganker, I see no negative to flying. Your so called reasons are just nitpicks against the reason people provide as to why flying isn't bad. It's not a logical truth at all.

Not to mention having to go everywhere on ground mounts severely discourages getting out into the world to actually go and do things in the first place. Heck, people hated dailies in MoP with flying mounts. You think people are going to be happier when they have to now go out and do similar activities on only ground mounts?

Your arguments defending no flying are:

1. It's not that bad.

and

2. But then you won't get ganked!

and I don't see how either of those is a valid argument.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    I wouldn't unsub, no, but I would be pissed off. My absolute favourite mount of mine is the Amani Dragonhawk, a flying only mount. If I couldn't use it then yeah, I'd be annoyed.

But I doubt this is actually going to happen - Blizz aren't stupid, they know this would piss a good chunk of people off. Not to mention, more tellingly, the designs showed off at Blizzcon of the Dragonfly art - for 'flying mounts'.

And anyways, here is a very simple reason why no flying (since it's implementation) is more harmful overall than flying:

If there's flying, then the no-flying crowd can just not fly if they don't want to.

But if there's no flying, then the flying crowd have no choice but to not fly.

The first provides a choice for the 'other' group, the second just gives no one a choice in the matter.
    Last edited by stuartj1992; 2014-03-09 at 02:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Wtf? If that's the case I'll be unsubbing, and I've been subbed since BC.

Obviously not just for this reason alone, but yeah. So far, 0 selling points in the next xpac for me, save character model updates.
    Out of curiosity (it's your business when you unsub and why, after all) why would you have been subbed since BC if you don't like WoW? Because that's what you're getting - more WoW. More raids, more dungeons, more achievements, more pets, more mounts, more quests, more lands to explore, more creatures/players to kill, more characters to meet. That's what WoW is. Why would you possibly suddenly stop liking those things NOW, just because it's a new expansion?

On topic - I STRONGLY believe they'll bring in flying at some stage during the expansion, probably during a lull in content/subscriptions.

I personally love no flying. I'd vote to keep it in old content only - it's not relevant anyway, might as well speed happily around in the skies whilst you're there.

It's just so much easier (for me) to get immersed in a world that you're always exploring face to face, without an "I win" 1.5 second mount cast and BAM, you're unattackable. It's just hard to feel "scared", ever. Massive Gronn coming towards you, with limited escape routes, possibly through even more mobs, creating a difficult decision? Jokes, 1.5 sec flying mount, hover 2 feet above the ground, nothing can attack you.

Infinitely easier for Blizzard to continue to create interactive world content that you can't just fly over and skip, without having to put in immersion-breaking nonsense like archers magically shooting your wings off, or invisible "no-fly zones because magic", etc etc.

And you enjoy it why? Yes, flying offers efficiency. But what else? You can look down on the world from a flightpath.

- - - Updated - - -

And replacing it with something that they could perhaps likewise enjoy, or enjoy even more. Why does one enjoy flying mounts?
    Look for those of us who don't like using ground mounts all the time we won't enjoy it. Why? Because we have the option to do so now and choose not to, because we don't like it. Tell you what how about the next expac we take away ground mounts for the first 2-4 months and all you people who love to use ground mounts can deal with it. Because you know you might like only flying...... See how dumb that sounds? Sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    sadly the game does have a bunch of work that goes with it. the problem isnt with mounts, its with the "work" we have to do to enjoy the fun parts of the game.

so dont you think they need to fix the REAL problems then?
    I agree. The quests, gear, etc are increasingly more like work, and the incentives to play the game for the experience and not just to reach some meaningless number have vanished. It's a big problem, and a small part of that is flying mounts. Admittedly, the core of it is their questing system, short leveling times, and increasing focus on endgame content.

if flying had innate risks/versus rewards i would love to see it.

as of yet tribes is the only game that does flying right at integrates it into the gameplay.

imagine if a druid could flight form and do battle in the air healing or raining down death from above or a mage could fly himself or grant flying temporaily to a warrior to overcome the frost wall created by the dk.

wows combat mechanics may be able to support something like this but i doubt they would ever EVER try to make it more then turrets and cubes
    Professor Membrane: anyone that would build a space/time object replacement device is a complete MORON "echo" Moron" "fadeing more" moron
    Invader Zim: GIR the space/time object replacement device is ready

- - - Updated - - -

Because I do. I enjoy flying through the trees. Observing the world from a birds eye view. Racing against things. The freedom it enjoys. I don't enjoy being limited to ground. Your offering confinement. Flight taxi does not offer the freedom of going where ever and however I choose. I want my own path, not yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people won't suffer. Some will. Where is the suffering coming from? I'm suggesting it's their own perception that they're being restricted, when in reality, they'll get to see the new world from a more interesting perspective.

It seems to me that people just don't like change.
    ive seen that world, for 3 xpacs now in exactly the way you love for everyone to. on the ground. it was fun.. once. after that the game changes, and the worky type things come into play if you want to enjoy other aspects. and efficiency comes into play more so at this point that anything.

this is why leaving the leveing requirement has worked in the past, and would continue to work. people have the opportunity to explore on the ground, while others can get on with their day.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.