The only reason I ever wanted flying was those areas you could see but couldn't reach on foot in vanilla other than hacking or blink type glitches. No reason to "need to fly" these drama queens are just being drama queens over it. Your sub money doesn't mean the world to them so stop with your false threats because we know you're going to buy it one way or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully we've seen the last of flying mounts (in the new zones), I can't think of anything more disruptive to the MMO. Let'
    s make this an MMO again, and not some silly AFK-craft it has been since WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    Hopefully we've seen the last of flying mounts (in the new zones), I can't think of anything more disruptive to the MMO. Let'
    Having to use flying paths to get everywhere (or ground mounts) will surely be so encouraging to explore and go away from big cities. It's not like flying mounts gave you a feeling of unbound travel everywhere you want, so you didn't feel restrained.

Quote Originally Posted by Ytlayol View Post
    Its sad that players want to force other players to play the way they want to play. Instead of avoiding using flying mounts themselves, they want the developers to take the option away from everyone altogether.

Sounds like a brat/self-entitled individual to me.
    This is what I been saying all along , devs listen to to many idiots and R tards and give in to them instead of looking at what affect it has on those of us that enjoy flying. Why spend money and buy flying mounts from blizzard if you aren't gonna be able to use them?
    Last edited by tripleh; 2014-03-09 at 09:46 AM.

Bleh. No flying until 6.1 was really stretching it, none at all is troublesome news. I'll do a first playthrough but then I'll just have to see. Combined with their efforts to force people to go out into the world I'm genuinely worried. I fear this change will make WoW too obnoxious for me, even if I'm very excited for Draenor. Damn shame.

I highly doubt this will ever happen. Look at the moaning, groaning and loud bitching people did when it was said we couldn't fly in Pandaria until lvl90. Most players can't stand flight paths for many reasons, mine is because some of the paths go around the place you need before taking you there. Some people can also fly faster than the flightmaster, so less time getting around. If flying is going to be restricted in anyway in WoD, they should do the same thing as Pandaria or hold flying until the patch after launch. My thoughts anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Bleh. No flying until 6.1 was really stretching it, none at all is troublesome news. I'll do a first playthrough but then I'll just have to see. Combined with their efforts to force people to go out into the world I'm genuinely worried. I fear this change will make WoW too obnoxious for me, even if I'm very excited for Draenor. Damn shame.
    No personal offense, but this attitude is what is worrying about this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Wouldnt really mind it as long as the raid entrances arent a bitch to get to
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    Flying ruined the game, hopefully it is gone for good.
    Fascinating that the game has apparently been ruined for seven years.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Yes !!!!! SO MUCH OWNAGE

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully those who enjoy using flying mounts can vote with their wallets and force Blizzard to reconsider their decision. Sure, there won't be a majority drop in subs, but the number would be significant enough to warrant reconsideration.
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

It's worrying because the more they try to force players out into the world, the more they seem to punish the players who already do go out into the world.

10g says they'll cave in to the whiners and allow flying when you hit max level.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Yeah having awesome flying mounts and not able to fly them would suck. Ashes, several Protodrakes, Bone dragons... you name it. All useless? No, they will bring back flying with the first patch.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

If they want to lose subs due to so stupid reasons - then it's their choice. For me no flying = no sub. As simple as that.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

10+ Year Old Account
    "Forcing" people to do things like waste their time fighting everywhere isn't healthy about the game either.

People should be able to play the way they want, not the way other people feel they need to play.

I want to do things on my own time and not waste time with trivial mobs. They don't force character interaction. They don't make the game more immersive. They waste time, plain and simple. Just like those charging bastards on timeless isle. I don't run by those guys and think "Oh boy I get to do battle with a brutal yaungol!" I think "Jeesum crow, THESE fuckers again..." They aren't dangerous. If I dismount and face them, there's no real way in which they'll kill me. It's just wasted time when I could be doing something I WANT to do.

They'd look just as "pretty" and "unobtrusively immersive" as they would if I were skating by them in the air.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Have some pretty sweet flying mounts. But its just epeen and nothing to care about. If we would get immersion and wpvp back i would gladly give up them all. PVE players belong on PVE servers if they cant handle being ganked.

And this is from a person who does very little pvp in general.

Another option would be to have 5 sec cast on mount / dismount flying. People wont be able to just mount and fly away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Path View Post
    Hopefully those who enjoy using flying mounts can vote with their wallets and force Blizzard to reconsider their decision. Sure, there won't be a majority drop in subs, but the number would be significant enough to warrant reconsideration.
    Why is flying mounts so important? Feels like 75% of the time spent on the back of a flying mount is being afk so you don't get killed. What so fun and important about that? Use flight paths if you wanna go to some place, easy peasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    10g says they'll cave in to the whiners and allow flying when you hit max level.
    Hopefully they will. And they'll never try such a thing again.

Perhaps they'll actually deal with the problems instead of attempting to glaze over them by removing a pivotal game element not actually responsible for all the tangential and immaterial "issues" people bitch about.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

... you think people are going to AFK LESS after travelling becomes more cumbersome?