Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    If they want to lose subs due to so stupid reasons - then it's their choice. For me no flying = no sub. As simple as that.
    cya

we don't miss you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzros View Post
    Why is flying mounts so important? Feels like 75% of the time spent on the back of a flying mount is being afk so you don't get killed.
    Maybe I like the game like that.

You going to say I'm wrong? No one's forcing you to use a flying mount.

That you feel compelled to have others set a pace for you is really a personal problem, frankly.

What so fun and important about that?
    Because I use flying mounts to get to fun and important things. I don't deem the ground beneath A and B particularly important, especially if it does nothing but act as an impediment. And my experiences on the timeless isle and the isle of the thunder king, stacked on top of the molten front and isle of quel'danis, has not coerced me to believe otherwise.

Use flight paths if you wanna go to some place, easy peasy.
    Blizzard flight paths are and continue to be terribly formed.

And this reasoning is pretty specious anyway. So apparently the alternative to flying above everything is to both fly above everything AND encourage people to be AFK more?
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-03-09 at 10:09 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    10g says they'll cave in to the whiners and allow flying when you hit max level.
    that would be amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mylex View Post
    cya

we don't miss you.
    I am sure you know that WoW has been declining, and having more people leave is not good. Especially when a lot of people like Flying.

Deleted
    Flying adds so much to the gameplay and makes everything so much more fun. It will completely ruin all the Raids, Dungeons, Scenarios, BGs, Arenas and Garrisons because we won't be able to fly around this new content...

Oh, wait....

Deleted
    Yes world pvp; its alive after all these years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bench333 View Post
    Flying adds so much to the gameplay and makes everything so much more fun. It will completely ruin all the Raids, Dungeons, Scenarios, BGs, Arenas and Garrisons because we won't be able to fly around this new content...

Oh, wait....
    If those are all that matter, then it wouldn't matter if we could fly outside them.

And it's quite the false parallel to say BGs and raids should be the same as the outside world. The point of BGs and Raids is to topple every enemy in your way and meet specific objectives. Having every single area in the outside world of WoD function like that in intent with the same degree of pointless, filler fluff mobs that the world is normally stocked with sounds like hell, frankly. The outside world isn't linear and has no objectives; nor should it. Therefore, there are no objectives to skip and no linearity to be exploited via flying mounts.

Yes world pvp; its alive after all these years
    You know the best way to invite world PvP? Run around on a ground mount while flagged. It'll literally be dropping out of the sky to get to you.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-03-09 at 10:17 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    People who oppose to this change and love flying mounts are most likely PVE peeps who has not played during vanilla and felt how alive the world was without flying ! no offence intended
    Last edited by mmoc7fc3f7c184; 2014-03-09 at 10:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Make my flying only mounts be used as ground only mounts and i will be fine with it..what I'm most upset is that i cant use my favorite mounts that i put a LOT (years in some cases) of effort into...
    Pretty much this.
    While flying is cool, it's not essential for me to have in oder to have fun in Azeroth / Outland / Draenor.

Deleted
    For those saying they'll unsub if they get rid of flying mounts I have to ask - Why are you still subbed in the first place? I mean if you're willing to quit over something as insignificant as your means of travel you can't be enjoying it very much. Most of the game is on the ground anyway. Not that they said that they would remove flying for the entire expansion. All he said was that they'd see what the player reaction was and if it was positive they'd consider extending the restriction.

Off-topic I'm disappointed that Ner'zhul is described as being part of the Iron Horde "for a short while", pretty much confirming his death.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who oppose to this change and love flying mounts are most likely PVE peeps who has not played during vanilla and felt how alive the world was without flying !
    The game has been doing more or less fine for seven years without it. And frankly, that's like saying "all of these players who don't want to grind up mats for resist gear didn't play in vanilla and never felt how rewarding it was, that's why people don't feel like the game is challenging anymore!" Such anecdotal evidence wouldn't make bringing resist gear back worth it, and it certainly doesn't make removing flying mounts worth it, as doing either of those things doesn't solve any problem whatsoever.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I guess Peggle 2.0 returns to my addon lists during fly paths. Hooray!

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm fine with them switching it off for the first tier of content; maybe do an epic quest line to turn it on.

but having it off the entire expansion seems a bit much. Ma precious mountz!!!
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    For those saying they'll unsub if they get rid of flying mounts I have to ask - Why are you still subbed in the first place? I mean if you're willing to quit over something as insignificant as your means of travel you can't be enjoying it very much.
    While I'm not going to quit over this poor attempt to accomplish... anything... if it's so insignificant, then why does changing it suddenly make so much of a difference?

Even if Blizzard were to "attempt" to make more dynamic events or whatever grandiose and totally-not-getting-tiresome-after-the-first-time-you-do-it things players are thinking they'll do, being able to fly or not fly wont coerce players into participating in them if they didn't want to. Players should be allowed to enjoy the game the way they want to enjoy it without said "enjoyment" being predicated on wanting other players to be forced to do things in a way they don't enjoy. That's just shallow and petty.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-03-09 at 10:33 AM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Good.
    The appeal of WoD is its not like Cata/MoP.

Perhaps if they go back to basics we can forget the last two nightmare of expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i'm fine with them switching it off for the first tier of content; maybe do an epic quest line to turn it on.

but having it off the entire expansion seems a bit much. Ma precious mountz!!!
    He said, that they want to feel it out and want players to give it a chance. If it turns out that it sucks and players rage, they will allow it again.
    It's an experiment for them and for us.

I'm laughing at everyone who's saying they're unsubbing just because ...
    just because they won't x)
    "staph whinning kid if u dont like pvp go to a potato pve server so u can play against bots" -Armiger

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    While I'm not going to quit over this poor attempt to accomplish... anything... if it's so insignificant, then why does changing it suddenly make so much of a difference?
    Well I certainly believe that removing/restricting flying will be very good for the game. Maybe insignificant was too strong a word. But I'm certainly not going to quit if flying mounts stay as they are and I don't see why one would quit if they were removed. The majority of the game would play exactly the same.

Too many damn cry babies anymore in this day in age. Ever think that in an alternate timeline/universe, flying mounts were never available. God forbid you have to actually explore a world from ground perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Well I certainly believe that removing/restricting flying will be very good for the game. Maybe insignificant was too strong a word. But I'm certainly not going to quit if flying mounts stay as they are and I don't see why one would quit if they were removed. The majority of the game would play exactly the same.
    It'd just take a lot longer and require a lot more killing of trivial mobs meaning less time is spent doing things I actually want to do.

If the decision came to whether I'd want to be able to fly or have the entire world be like the timeless isle or isle of thunder in mob density... I'd saddle up and strap on my flight goggles in a heartbeat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lolzsec View Post
    Too many damn cry babies anymore in this day in age. Ever think that in an alternate timeline/universe, flying mounts were never available. God forbid you have to actually explore a world from ground perspective.
    Yeah conventionally you'd do that from 90-99. What exactly is the issue with that? Gives you plenty of time to "see" the world.

I explored all of timeless isle on the first day. Then I was done exploring it. I fail to see much of a difference with that extended to a new continent.

Hell, requiring flying for higher level zones actually LEAVES areas to the imagination because you can't get there until you're max level. From the sound of things you could pretty much just run all through WoD zones on day one and explore it all right off the bat, seeing as all areas have to be designed to be reached from the ground.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It'd just take a lot longer and require a lot more killing of trivial mobs meaning less time is spent doing things I actually want to do.

If the decision came to whether I'd want to be able to fly or have the entire world be like the timeless isle or isle of thunder in mob density... I'd saddle up and strap on my flight goggles in a heartbeat.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah conventionally you'd do that from 90-99. What exactly is the issue with that? Gives you plenty of time to "see" the world.

I explored all of timeless isle on the first day. Then I was done exploring it. I fail to see much of a difference with that extended to a new continent.

Hell, requiring flying for higher level zones actually LEAVES areas to the imagination because you can't get there until you're max level. From the sound of things you could pretty much just run all through WoD zones on day one and explore it all right off the bat, seeing as all areas have to be designed to be reached from the ground.

whats even more funny is this *experiment* has already happened isle of quel danis or blood elf starting area anyone ? it was a bad idea when they did it then and its a bad idea now . But they will never stop trying to fix something that isn't broken.