Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Even if he's "forced", it's still not a problem. Just do what I do: rush through all the content as fast as possible, download addons that auto-accept/hand-in all quests and just keep on stomping through everything. Then when you're max level, disable to addons and once you have some spare time after raiding, level your alt on a slow pace while enjoying the environment and lore (if that's your thing).

Your experience would be a bit delayed, but I don't see why you couldn't just do that.

Because obviously, the big bad flying mounts force themselves on you. It's better for everyone, flying haters and lovers alike, if those malicious things were removed! Look at how efficiently they break down the fundamental pillars that hold the World of Warcraft game up and alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Because obviously, the big bad flying mounts force themselves on you. It's better for everyone, flying haters and lovers alike, if those malicious things were removed! Look at how efficiently they break down the fundamental pillars that hold the World of Warcraft game up and alive!
    Seeing as how back in TBA and WoTLK, we had flying and those fundamental pillar were the strongest ever in both game design and sub numbers, I'd say you were wrong and flying should be designed around, not removed so quest designers can take the lazy train.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Seeing as how back in TBA and WoTLK, we had flying and those fundamental pillar were the strongest ever in both game design and sub numbers, I'd say you were wrong and flying should be designed around, not removed so quest designers can take the lazy train.

I'm being sarcastic, if you hadn't noticed. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Sure. Just refund the money I spent on flying mounts in the shop.
    Why? You can still fly everywhere you could, when you bought those mounts. Nothing that you had, or were able to do, is being taken away from you.

I'm terrible at seeing that on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    Why? You can still fly everywhere you could, when you bought those mounts. Nothing that you had, or were able to do, is being taken away from you.
    Except flying at max level in current content which is after all, why he bought the game. So he could play and fly in current content and not feel slight in the extra money he spent supporting the game after he reached max level.

but yea, lets screw over that guy and remove one of the reason he bought the mount to start with. Flying in content that is current, not old.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-03-10 at 01:55 PM.

Although I'm not a big fan of flying mounts, Blizzard would be stupid to remove them without much notice. I do think if they're able to create a continent that makes you feel you don't need a flying mount, it would be cool. I really liked exploring Timeless Isle, which would never be as dangerous/fun with flying mounts there.

I'm terrible at seeing that on the internet.

I made my post look especially ridiculous to make my sarcasm obvious, too! D:

I was aware of that, yes. It was pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Although I'm not a big fan of flying mounts, Blizzard would be stupid to remove them without much notice. I do think if they're able to create a continent that makes you feel you don't need a flying mount, it would be cool. I really liked exploring Timeless Isle, which would never be as dangerous/fun with flying mounts there.

They should just continue making content aimed at ground mounts. After all, no-flying until cap works just fine. For all I care, they can make new questing areas similar to Isle of Thunder and the Timeless Isle. I just object against the main continent flying being arbitrarily restricted. I have no problems with no-flying until cap, even though I think there should be something like the WoTLK book that you could buy to teach your alts flying, but only after you leveled 2 or 3 chars to cap and have seen most of the content already.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine with no flying, so long as Flight paths and zones accommodated this. Giant zones with 2 flight paths would kill it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just continue making content aimed at ground mounts. After all, no-flying until cap works just fine. For all I care, they can make new questing areas similar to Isle of Thunder and the Timeless Isle. I just object against the main continent flying being arbitrarily restricted. I have no problems with no-flying until cap, even though I think there should be something like the WoTLK book that you could buy to teach your alts flying, but only after you leveled 2 or 3 chars to cap and have seen most of the content already.
    Yeah, but the whole continent is Isle of thunder/ timeless, which is why there is no flying in 6.0.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Yeah, but the whole continent is Isle of thunder/ timeless, which is why there is no flying in 6.0.

No, that's their excuse for it. If it was true, it would permanently remain no-flying.

Deleted

Except flying at max level in current content which is after all, why he bought the game. So he could play and fly in current content and not feel slight in the extra money he spent supporting the game after he reached max level.

but yea, lets screw over that guy and remove one of the reason he bought the mount to start with. Flying in content that is current, not old.
    He bought the mount(s) to fly in the current content at the time when he bought them, and thats where they will still work. He couldn't have bought them to fly in a content that has not even been released or most likely weren't even announced when he bought them. Nothing is being taken away, so there is no reason for a refund.

Honestly, if they implement it right, I don't see a problem with them testing out no-flying for a while. Not having flying didn't feel like a drag at all in Mists of Pandaria while leveling. That's while its flight paths are complete horse shit. If they finally stopped forcing scenic flight routes down our throat (or at least make them optional), travel time wouldn't be that much longer, it would also throw some gold out of the economy. If they also make ore/herb nodes spawn closer to eachother, like in Vanilla zones (where you often see 5+ nodes on a single minimap), it wouldn't make gathering a drag either, because everything would be more concentrated. Adding a flight path to every single town (like in MoP) and to raid instances would also help.

They would also have to make the running animation of a lot of flying mounts a whole lot better, though.

Long story short: Blizzard could pull it off, removing flight from the game, but it would require quite a bit of work. It seems they really want to do it, though, and if they do it right, it could be really awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, that's their excuse for it. If it was true, it would permanently remain no-flying.
    why, do you still go to isle of thunder? I know I don't you try and it is dead. in 6.1 or at most 6.2 the continent end game will be irrelevant.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Can somebody quote what he said exactly. Flying or no flying I could care less that's not why I play the game, but I'm wondering if what is being discussed is actually a possibility.
    Last edited by Stonecloak; 2014-03-10 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    He bought the mount(s) to fly in the current content at the time when he bought them, and thats where they will still work. He couldn't have bought them to fly in a content that has not even been released or most likely weren't even announced when he bought them. Nothing is being taken away, so there is no reason for a refund.
    Whats being taken away is flying at max level in current content so yes, something is being removed at the expense of the paying gamer. Who BTW, paid a little extra beyond his sub to get an interesting flying mount that he can not use at max level in relevant content. Which, if you have been playing WOW for about 7 years, you have always been able to do.

So it's not that hard of a stretch to think many have that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats being taken away is flying at max level in current content so yes, something is being removed at the expense of the paying gamer. Who BTW, paid a little extra beyond his sub to get an interesting flying mount that he can not use at max level in relevant content. Which, if you have been playing WOW for about 7 years, you have always been able to do.

Which should be proof that flying won't be taken away forever. but uhhh, I am gonna laugh at people with their bought mounts.

As for them, you bought them for current content when it was current. It's no longer current, I guess it just sucks to be you.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    why, do you still go to isle of thunder? I know I don't you try and it is dead. in 6.1 or at most 6.2 the continent end game will be irrelevant.

People still do. People killing Nalak, people needing or wanting mounts and gear from the Shado-pan and Kirin Tor reputations, to answer your first question.

Blizzard is making excuses. They should just admit they're caving to all the whine threads during MoP and try out if it works. Worse than the lack of flying until at least 6.1 is Blizzard wishy-washiness, as I've mentioned before.

10+ Year Old Account

True, but in Vanilla and TBC flying was hard.

5kg back in TBC wasn't easy to do, you had that slow ass 60% mount, that you used to reach high places and that was it.

I honestly wish they went back to TBC style, 60% / 280% but make 280% like 50kg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I have purchased nearly every single mount and companion from the Blizzard Store, feel free to laugh at me if you want.
    lul .

- - - Updated - - -

People still do. People killing Nalak, people needing or wanting mounts and gear from the Shado-pan and Kirin Tor reputations, to answer your first question.

Blizzard is making excuses. They should just admit they're caving to all the whine threads during MoP and try out if it works. Worse than the lack of flying until at least 6.1 is Blizzard wishy-washiness, as I've mentioned before.
    No, not really, they have said they didn't like flying as far back at Wrath. And oh Nalak, big deal, it's far less, just like timeless isle will be dead save a few bored people who want houlon's mount

I think you need to go back and re-read all the shit that's gonna be in WoD, it's a 5.1 story, with thunder dalies, with timeless rares and funstuff.

Mixed with random events, and random adventure quests that require you to go through a path to get a chest like a timeless chest. or scale a mountian, or go into a cave. Or a ravine.

Add flying and these all become trivial.

Picture 5.3 it was pretty much boring because you just flew from rare to rare. One issue I hope they address, is a rare should not be the end all be all, it should be just a frugal to do other things, so avoid people just bouncing from rare to rare
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2014-03-10 at 02:17 PM.