Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Or someone that paid extra to blizzard beyond their sub thinking I love that flying mount but alas, blizzard says I can't use it in current content for some random number of months and well past max level.

If I was one of those people (and I ain't) I would never consider spending money in the cash shop again knowing at anytime blizzard might just limit what you spent money on.

Good, honestly. /shrug not like anyone actually looks at a store mount and says aww cool. Or screw that guy the lucky bastard.

We all know this is the mentailty of 99.99% of people. Don't lie, no one buys a corvette to go fast in the burbs at a whole 45 miles per hour.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Near the end of the interview they hint at no flying throughout the entire xpac.
    Pretty sure if that's the way it goes, the backlash will be immense.

Blizzard is stupid sometimes, but there's no way they're this stupid.
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No, what you're talking about is development. Yes, WoW is a MMO, a living, breathing thing. It evolves. Wishy-washy change of design philosophies from catering solely to one group to another, as if everyone in charge at Blizzard has borderline personality disorder, is not evolution. So I wholly disagree.

And Greg was the only one I've ever seen that confessed his disliking for flying mounts. So I'm not sure how Greg leaving meant they could go ahead and remove flying mounts, given that he would've probably welcomed the removal of flying mounts with open arms.
    Greg I'm sure also had nothing to do with flying mounts. He took on the burden of being the sole voice of Blizzard. I'm sure he's not the only one who thinks that.

Only reciently have we seen a wider variety of speakers. Like Ion, I like that guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post

According to whom? If the only thing keeping you playing this game is the ability to fly, I think you need to reconsider your life choices

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Oh joy, going afk on flight paths is so much fun and immersive.
    And auto flying to everywhere you like is?

I couldn't care less. Travel is travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    And auto flying to everywhere you like is?

I couldn't care less. Travel is travel.
    At least now I won't tab out while flying, forget and end up 10 miles off the coast with fatigue

- - - Updated - - -

Or someone that paid extra to blizzard beyond their sub thinking I love that flying mount but alas, blizzard says I can't use it in current content for some random number of months and well past max level.

If I was one of those people (and I ain't) I would never consider spending money in the cash shop again knowing at anytime blizzard might just limit what you spent money on.

I wish blizzard had better thinking quest designs that could work with flying like we had in past expansions and not remove flying for a limited amount of time at max level just so players would see the bushes and trees they spawned a little longer than normal.
    I'll say it again, they are pretty much adding all the crap Gw2 has. that stuff would be trivial with flying. It really has nothing to do with exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post

No backlash when they sell level 90's, huge backlash when they won't let you fly on your mounts... I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Greg I'm sure also had nothing to do with flying mounts. He took on the burden of being the sole voice of Blizzard. I'm sure he's not the only one who thinks that.

Only reciently have we seen a wider variety of speakers. Like Ion, I like that guy.

Neither does it mean that everyone at Blizzard is against flying mounts. You simply can't make those assumptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Hell Blizzard,
    Take LFR out while you're at it and watch the subs drop. Then maybe we'll have more people who care to play the game, rather then the carried. lol
    Silly me and my fantasies.

SNIP... no one buys a corvette to go fast in the burbs at a whole 45 miles per hour.
    Clearly you have never driven a corvette if all you're doing is driving slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    But thats ridiculous. You have never flown in WoD, so it can't be taken away from you. I bought vanilla wow to play the current content, but then they released expac so I couldn't play the current content anymore, should I get my money back? No, because everything I paid is still there for me to play on, nothing was taken away. It's the exact same thing with mounts.
    You have flown at max level. IS that hard to understand? Removing it now just seems petty and then to only get it back months later and well after you reached max level making all the reasons it was removed rather pointless.

Does he have a fairly solid reason to get a refund, I think he does. He didn't buy that mount to rid it on the ground I bet and since we could fly at max level for nearly 7 years, I bet he thought he could fly in current content once he reached max level.

I think he has a valid point in asking for a refund.

I'm not going to argue in circles about why this decision is just fine, but I will say if you quit for this reason your absurd. Who plays wow to just fly around and that's it. The game doesn't depend on it at all. Travel time shouldn't be a problem as well because flight paths aren't going away. It's a change yea, but a necessary one.

Neither does it mean that everyone at Blizzard is against flying mounts. You simply can't make those assumptions.
    Yes I can, it is called logic. Seeing, no wait. Seeing as they are taking it away for 6.0, kinda makes you think they prooooobably don't like it

Greg said he regretted it and would have seen it implemented differently. He was also very careful to use 'I' instead of 'we' on those tweets, to establish it as his own personal opinion. And, as he tweeted, WoW wasn't his personal fiefdom. If he had half as much control as this forum thinks he did, we would be playing Nerubians and Mantid by now.

On-topic, frankly, ground travel bores the hell out of me. The same rock formation doesn't get more interesting the fifth time I ride past it regardless of what mount I'm using, and even showing off some of my less-common mounts like the Argent Tourney stuff gets old after a while. Mob packs in WoW aren't dangerous at level cap and frankly never will be, outside endgame zones like Isle of Thunder/Timeless Isle, because they have to be balanced for the average questing player in that zone's questing gear. Three Spinning Crane Kicks and a Fists of Fury later, the annoyance is over with and I'm back on track.

So all this talk from Blizzard about reintroducing danger to the world by confining us to ground mounts for a patch is a bunch of bupkiss, especially on PvE/RP-PvE servers where we'll be getting a deflag option where nothing will flag us for PvP or allow us to attack another player outside BGs/Arenas. It's not dangerous when I can steamroll the poor bastards that aggro on my monk who makes a hobby of beating things five times her size to death barefisted, nor is it terribly difficult to learn the terrain and the fastest way around it. If it's because they want flying to feel like a reward, that's their prerogative and I had an easier time swallowing that line. If it's an attempt to revitalize world PvP, more power to them but it won't affect my gameplay outside constraining me to my ground mounts and flight paths.

This isn't a dealbreaker in the face of everything else Warlords is bringing to the table, but it's certainly a strong incentive to just chill in my Garrison or the cities and RP between dungeon and LFR queues and maybe spend ten minutes exploring 'til 6.1 hits and I can explore every nook and cranny of Draenor at my leisure.

Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

Yes I can, it is called logic. Seeing, no wait. Seeing as they are taking it away for 6.0, kinda makes you think they prooooobably don't like it

So then that means they like it because they even introduced it in TBC, and kept it in WoTLK, and even made it available in Cataclysm for chars at level 60, right? I mean, going by thaaat logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Clearly you have never driven a corvette if all you're doing is driving slow.
    Let me rephrase, I own a completely restored 1967 mustang fastback, passed down through the family. It's fast, sure. But it's not much faster than newer cars with their 2.4 liter tubro charged blah blah blah.

But it most certiantly looks cooler, and does turn heads.

SNIP...

I'll say it again, they are pretty much adding all the crap Gw2 has. that stuff would be trivial with flying. It really has nothing to do with exploring.
    You could be dead on. Blizzard is a pro at looking at other games and leaching off someone elses ideas, changing them around making it their own.

Take garrisons, it's a mix of SWTOR companions, Sims time management and farmville upkeep with multiple tweaks. A copy of other games mashed together with tweaks.

But removing flying from max level?

Thats one of the more stupidest moves I have seen blizzard make in 10 years. As if flying at max level somehow hindered the game during level.

All of this is basically a war between people who actually want to play a mmoRPG and those for whom WoW is just cheap entertainment. Guess who is who. Not terribly challenging to figure out. Blizzard has catered in the last years, arguably since end of TBC, to the cheap entertainment crowd at the game's expense. Maybe they got tired of cheapening the game experience, got their souls back from the devil, or just want to experiment with moving in a different direction this time around with WoD. Nobody knows.

What is for certain though, is that Afrasiabi mentioned the possibility of no flight for the whole expac intentionally, to gauge reactions from the playerbase.
    Last edited by Srg56; 2014-03-10 at 02:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyo View Post
    If at launch day they find 150 freshly created threads saying " OMG BLIZZERD! y u did remove my birdyflapflap? u suxs! i will stope playn tis stuped game if u not give backe my birdyflapflap!". When that happens, and it will, they'll reintroduce flying real fast again.

So then that means they like it because they even introduced it in TBC, and kept it in WoTLK, and even made it available in Cataclysm for chars at level 60, right? I mean, going by thaaat logic.
    Let us continue, in tbc it was difficult to get flying that was actually useful, most of the time I used my ground mount because 60% sucked. Wrath made sure you couldn't fly till 77. Cata, let's not look at Cata, they have said Cata was the worst for several reasons. Mop was the first step in the other direction, you legit cannot fly until 90, no alt privilege either

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    All of this is basically a war between people who actually want to play a mmoRPG and those for whom WoW is just cheap entertainment. Guess who is who. Not terribly challenging to figure out. Blizzard has in the last years, arguably since end of TBC, appealed to the cheap entertainment crowd at the game's expense. Maybe they got tired of cheapening the game experience, got their souls back from the devil, or just want to experiment with moving in a different direction this time around with WoD. Nobody knows.

What is for certain though, is that Afrasiabi mentioned the possibility of no flight for the whole expact intentionally, to gauge reactions from the playerbase.
    you sir, have summed up every argument on MMO champion ever, in an amazing way, I have never seen anyone else who didnt look at is as casuals and hardcores, but RPG players, and entertainment players.

/hug

Don't forget redesigning the entire world of warcraft to allow flying nearly everywhere. Pretty sure you don't do that if you dislike the ability to fly.

Flying was never actually intended for the game. It is a bug similar to auto discovering flight paths for a couple of years.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-03-10 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    All of this is basically a war between people who actually want to play a mmoRPG and those for whom WoW is just cheap entertainment. Guess who is who. Not terribly challenging to figure out. Blizzard has in the last years, arguably since end of TBC, appealed to the cheap entertainment crowd at the game's expense. Maybe they got tired of cheapening the game experience, got their souls back from the devil, or just want to experiment with moving in a different direction this time around with WoD. Nobody knows.

What is for certain though, is that Afrasiabi mentioned the possibility of no flight for the whole expact intentionally, to gauge reactions from the playerbase.
    Could be they realized that creating to much easy content is not good for the longevity of the game, and that it essentially bored people out quickly. I don't think well see them remove LFR, but I do think it will evolve into something else eventually.