Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Everything changes with time. Most people don't still have Mortal Kombat party/tournaments. Not too many Star Craft: Brood Wars LAN parties still going on. Times always do, and must, change. We can either change with them, or be consumed by them. Personally, a few flaws aside, WoW is still very much the MMO I grew to love 7 years ago.
    I'm not seeing how this applies to my post. Also changing because everything else does seems a lot like sheep mentality. If it's reasonable, and better then yea sure go with the changes, but if it's worse. Then that mentality goes out the window.

Flying or not flying, I can honestly say I don't give a toss either way. I had no problems with leveling on the ground in MoP, I had no problems with staying on the ground in Thunder Isle, Dino Isle or Timeless Isle (what's the deal with islands and flyers anyway, something about the winds???) so I don't think I'll have any problems with being landlocked in WoD.

We adapt, that's how it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I'm not seeing how this applies to my post. Also changing because everything else does seems a lot like sheep mentality. If it's reasonable, and better then yea sure go with the changes, but if it's worse. Then that mentality goes out the window.
    My point was, the content is not really "dumbed down". Times have just changed. Blizz cannot have the same treadmill it had 7 years ago. If it did, you would see 500k subs, not 7M+

I would argue the majority of wow players want to play a mmorpg from what he was saying. Bc provided growth in subs and didn't cater to the easy mode crowd.
    Didn't burning crusade add badge vendors as a catch up mechanic. Reduces raid size and consumables needed to down boss as well. Gave decent pvp gear without grinding 18/hours a day for months. Burning crusade was more casual then vanilla lol. Vanilla was more casual then every mmo of its time.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-03-10 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waezlur View Post
    Flying or not flying, I can honestly say I don't give a toss either way. I had no problems with leveling on the ground in MoP, I had no problems with staying on the ground in Thunder Isle, Dino Isle or Timeless Isle (what's the deal with islands and flyers anyway, something about the winds???) so I don't think I'll have any problems with being landlocked in WoD.

We adapt, that's how it goes.
    Technically, for the first 3 years of the game we were stuck on the ground. I can only imagine how horrible this will get on PvP realms.

Deleted
    Actually there will be flying in WoD right off the bat, just not on Draenor. So no reason to give Blizzard grief more than say over Timeless Isle, even if they decide to not allow flying in Draenor at all.

Also the difference from earlier wow is that now Blizzard has several games out, and they may need to distinguish them a bit from each other. With all the information we have, it would look like wow's niche will be slower, more social, rpg playstyle, maybe even a bit treadmilly. They still have diablo and starcraft for the easy to play and go-go crowd and HS might be popular too. So I dont think they are as worried about the loss of subs as some might think, if the data shows that people will still play other battlenet games.

Technically, for the first 3 years of the game we were stuck on the ground. I can only imagine how horrible this will get on PvP realms.
    Thank god for crz I can just use it to go to a pve realm on my shaman.

My point was, the content is not really "dumbed down". Times have just changed. Blizz cannot have the same treadmill it had 7 years ago. If it did, you would see 500k subs, not 7M+
    I see why your making that observation, but maybe that's because you basing your answer on our current situation. Nobody knows what sub numbers would be like if WoW was still like vanilla. All we know right now is that the very easy content in wow. Lfr, scenarios, easy heroic dungeons, all the trivial content isn't really holding people's attention. That's not to say get rid of a lot of the improvements that came with the times. I think Blizz is making an effort to capture what they did during vanilla/bc without alienating the crowd that likes super easy content.

I welcome whole heartedly a new no flying policy. I hated flying ever since they put it in the game.

if it were to happen which it surely won't it would just mean i'd spend much more time the next expansion being afk between flightpaths.

You call it horrible. I call it fun. There are days where I can just fight hour after hour in Hellfire Peninsula with other max level players. It's a lot of fun. It's also the reason why I think, if they're removing flying completely, they'd need to limit it to PvP realms.

Quote Originally Posted by worstpvperus View Post
    Didn't burning crusade add badge vendors as a catch up mechanic. Reduces raid size and consumables needed to down boss as well. Gave decent pvp gear without grinding 18/hours a day for months. Burning crusade was more casual then vanilla lol. Vanilla was more casual then every mmo of its time.
    Oh man you completely misinterpreted my post. I'm not going to continue on that point because you probably didn't even read why I responded in that way.

Deleted
    The game, and the players, were different back then. There was no CRZ, LFD, LFR, or connected realms. There were tons of players and realms were self-sufficient. Then they jumped the shark with Wrath, and it has been downhill since.
    Many of the old players are still around, they are just spoiled as f*ck. Not that much has changed in this case, just companies getting greedier and trying to please everyone.

Times have just changed. Blizz cannot have the same treadmill it had 7 years ago.

Deleted
    Its funny to see the two sides that are on the edge, the "best expansion ever" and the "that's it i quit" sides. I would actually like if they do so, because there will be some interaction between players in the world.

No it's not gating because of flight paths which are faster than flying mounts I might add. I've bought the mounts and you can use all of them on the ground, and at a later date in WoD, and everywhere you can fly now.
    Flight paths are not faster than 310% flying, especially when you consider the crazy routes some of the flight paths take.

The topic of this thread is not allowing flying at all in the expansion, which is discussed by Blizzard in the interview attached to the beginning of this thread.

It is a form of gating. In the interview the guy even says, "The world gets much smaller when you are flying." That equals, you consume content too fast. That means slowing down your consumption, which is gating.
    Last edited by Barkloud; 2014-03-10 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    As opposed to allowing no one to fly? It's very selfish and entitled, yano?
    selfish and entitled? you're the one who won't look beyond the tip of his own nose. 'fuck how flying affects the game, i don't care i just want to fly because i like it.' talk about hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Flight paths are not faster than 310% flying, especially the crazy routes some of the flight paths take.

The topic of this thread is not allowing flying at all in the expansion, which is discussed by Blizzard in the interview attached to the beginning of this thread.

It is a form of gating. In the interview the guy even says, "The world gets much smalley when you are flying." That equals, you consume content too fast. That means slowing down your consumption, which is gating.
    No it's not.

In mop- you fly to timeless isle on you mount which takes longer than the taxi. You get to your destination and consume as you put it.

In WoD- You take the taxi where you want to go and consume like you said.

How is this any different than what we have now? It simply is not, and its not going to be time consuming as your making it seem.

I can promise this. People who have farmed flying mounts, and purchased the new Iron Skyreaver will be giving them TREMENDOUS amounts of grief over this. Also, as every expansion shows, there is a FLYING MOUNT given as a reward for an achieve, or a drop from a boss. This keeps people going back to play the same old stuff til they get it. I promise you, when 6.1 hits, with or without their little "quest", there will be flying in WoD.

People need to set down the pitchforks and realize the Ogre they thought was dangerous, is only Shrek.
    Spend the ten minutes and watch the interview.

Think of how much time and money they will save not developing flying. The game will be released much earlier. How many times have they said putting flying in Silvermoon City would be a waste of time and resources. Making flying happen is pretty time consuming and expensive.

No flying = $$$ to Blizz

I think this is a development time issue and not a philosophical issue. I think they kill three birds with one stone. They slow down players consumption of the game, they appease those burning out on SoO by getting out the game quicker, and they save a ton of $$$ not having to develop actual buildings trees mountain tops, etc.

THey already have 50% of the support, mostly from the Fanboy crowd. We know how reasonable those folks are. I do not think we will see flying myself.

I do not have a problem mind you with no flying, I have a problem with no flying and no portals. I love WOW but slow travel has always been a problem for them.

- - - Updated - - -

No it's not.

In mop- you fly to timeless isle on you mount which takes longer than the taxi. You get to your destination and consume as you put it.

In WoD- You take the taxi where you want to go and consume like you said.

How is this any different than what we have now? It simply is not, and its not going to be time consuming as your making it seem.
    Have you spent much time on the taxi service (flight paths)? The routes are often terrible. I do not see it as faster. They should just put in portals instead of flight paths. Then I would be fine with no flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you spent much time on the taxi service (flight paths)? The routes are often terrible. I do not see it as faster. They should just put in portals instead of flight paths. Then I would be fine with no flying.
    That can easily be fixed by making flight paths not taking the scenic route but just straight towards the goal. Apart from having to walk back to the village/city/stronghold, it's a lot faster.

Spend the ten minutes and watch the interview.

Think of how much time and money they will save not developing flying. The game will be released much earlier. How many times have they said putting flying in Silvermoon City would be a waste of time and resources. Making flying happen is pretty time consuming and expensive.

No flying = $$$ to Blizz

I think this is a development time issue and not a philosophical issue. I think they kill three birds with one stone. They slow down players consumption of the game, they appease those burning out on SoO by getting out the game quicker, and they save a ton of $$$ not having to develop actual buildings trees mountain tops, etc.

THey already have 50% of the support, mostly from the Fanboy crowd. We know how reasonable those folks are. I do not think we will see flying myself.

I do not have a problem mind you with no flying, I have a problem with no flying and no portals. I love WOW but slow travel has always been a problem for them.

- - - Updated - - -

What nullifies your post is that there will be flying in WoD. He proposed possibly in future expansions there would be no flying, and that's a loose possibly, and your fail use of the word fanboy tells everyone how knowledgable you actually are, and of course they will likely have portals in the main cities as well as possibly the garrisons.