10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    What did you do before we could fly in EK/Kalimdor?
    Probably sat around in the city, being bored and NOT enjoying the cool game world.

Flying let me get out of the city, pick some random spot, and just enjoy the view while queuing or something. Remember those beach chairs on the floating rocks in Nagrand? Spent sooooooo much time there.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    People are not dropping that much money on a new expansion to not able to use flying mount on irrelevant content. Guess who opened the Pandora's box by selling mounts for real life money? Guess who destroyed immersion with 90 boosts making the rest of WoW world dead?

- - - Updated - - -

People are not dropping that much money on a new expansion to not able to use flying mount on irrelevant content. Guess who opened the Pandora's box by selling mounts for real life money? Guess who destroyed immersion with 90 boosts making the rest of WoW world dead?
    It's like vegetables when you were a kid. Your parents tell you to eat them because they are good for you, however you think they are lying or just don't want to eat them because they taste different until you get used to them. Then you grow up and realize your parents were right and vegetables are good for you and they actually taste good.

That's not true. When WoD is released the flying mounts you have already bought can still be used in the same places you were able to use them before WoD, nothing has changed.
    Except you aren't in those other areas.

Let's say you bought a 300,000 dollar car, and you move to an area where that car is illegal. Would you be pissed that you can't drive it, or would you be okay with that rule because you can still drive it in other places that you're not currently at. See how that's dumb logic?

You will spend almost ALL of your time in the new zones where you can't use half your mounts.

It's like vegetables when you were a kid. Your parents tell you to eat them because they are good for you, however you think they are lying or just don't want to eat them because they taste different until you get used to them. Then you grow up and realize your parents were right and vegetables are good for you and they actually taste good.
    So we should expand our world, try new things, try alternatives. I kinda agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mountain climbing in Dun Morogh to reach the airstrip.

I explored it on foot, entirely, and I loved it. I also explored BC and Northrend on foot, and loved it. Then I explored BC and Northrend from the air, and I loved those continents even more! Then Cata came, and I flew everywhere in EK / Kalimdor, and I loved these continents even more!

The general theme is: I really enjoy exploring a continent on foot, but after that, I want to see it from the air. It offers a new perspective that adds a tremendous amount of beauty to the game, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Probably sat around in the city, being bored and NOT enjoying the cool game world.

Flying let me get out of the city, pick some random spot, and just enjoy the view while queuing or something. Remember those beach chairs on the floating rocks in Nagrand? Spent sooooooo much time there.
    So you will only leave the city if you can fly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    I explored it on foot, entirely, and I loved it. I also explored BC and Northrend on foot, and loved it. Then I explored BC and Northrend from the air, and I loved those continents even more! Then Cata came, and I flew everywhere in EK / Kalimdor, and I loved these continents even more!

The general theme is: I really enjoy exploring a continent on foot, but after that, I want to see it from the air. It offers a new perspective that adds a tremendous amount of beauty to the game, for me.
    Ditto

/10chars

When EK/Kalimdor didn't have flying I was mostly flying around Draenor and Northrend which did in fact allow flying. In vanilla wow assuming that's what you mean, I mostly sat in cities looking for dungeon groups in trade chat as there was no dungeon finder either. Ah the many hours I spent trying to be the first to whisper someone as a dps before the other 300 dps could beat me to it. Wasn't that so much more social than the dungeon finder?!?
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

Bad analogy.

That is like saying I should like NSYNC because it would be good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Bad analogy.

That is like saying I should like NSYNC because it would be good for me.
    Bleargh, I don't even like the thought of NSYNC being good for me even in the context of a bad example.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    you could at least try to understand where they're coming from and maybe even give it a chance.
    I did. IT was called vanilla and it sucked when it came to traveling. Thats why it lead to flying being the most requested feature next to dual spec.

Flying makes this game stand out. It makes WOW a better game to play. There is a reason the entire world was redesigned to allow flying. It's cause its fun and entertaining and if you don't want to do it, you still have a choice not to.

Sadly, only being on the ground kills that enjoyment and fun expecially once you reach max level and still have to ride around on the ground.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-03-13 at 08:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, people are taking this seriously I see.

I will put it this way. While this might improve the game quite a bit and cut development cost if flying isn't possible in new zones (and thus no need to develop complex backgrounds if you can't see behind them) I bet the game would lose quite a bit of players from Wrath & Cata. I just don't see those people sticking around after such a big game. Those casual players... they'll either find something else to play or just stop gaming.

It might make things easier in the beginning and make the deep deep Traditional core happy, I wonder if the game would survive on just the Traditional crowd and the loss of the Casual's $15 a month. Perhaps the Blizz store is covering that potential loss, but I do truly wonder.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks dad. I'm glad to know that's really how you anti-flying folks think of yourselves. Wise adults just trying to do what's best for us ignorant youngins. Such arrogance!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    To be fair, it looks like "your side" is the one that's bitching. We who enjoy using our ground mounts aren't exactly crying and threatening to cancel our subs if flying mounts stay in the game.

Get with the program, dude.
    So the constant whining the last 2-3 years to remove flying mounts was all in my head? I could have sworn since cataclysm every day a thread popped up on how bad flying was and that it must be removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The second most shittiest city in America Boston, Ma
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    1) And I'm sure you never fly now. Wait, you do? Then you're a fucking hypocrite. You can ride, hell you can WALK almost everywhere in WoW *today*. Unless you do, you're just mouthing off here.
    Why you mad bro? Flying is not that big of deal, and I for one won't miss it all that much. Knowing blizz they'll cave as soon as the Q _ Q'ers cry loud enough. So clam them tits. Stressin over a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    No one is quitting, just a bunch of posturing. Everyone will buy the expac.
    I did. Was really unhappy at the no flying BS at all until first patch, but the notion of no flying at all made this the first xpac that I didn't pre-order and also cancelled sub. Blizz still own me though - I've just switched over fully to Hearthstone now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably. I don't PvP and my professions are maxed, and I really have no interest in pursuing them further if I have to dodge mobs every few seconds and mountain climb. I have a job. I have a life. I have better things to do that fight my way though trash to get some ore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    So the constant whining the last 2-3 years to remove flying mounts was all in my head? I could have sworn since cataclysm every day a thread popped up on how bad flying was and that it must be removed.
    So? There are a dozen threads a week on how every server should be PvP. Does player QQ automatically make something a good idea?

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikikomori View Post
    Why you mad bro? Flying is not that big of deal, and I for one won't miss it all that much. Knowing blizz they'll cave as soon as the Q _ Q'ers cry loud enough. So clam them tits. Stressin over a video game.
    That QQ is the very reason they're restricting it more and more.

Deleted
    Every played vanilla? Afking on the IF bridge, or during the flightpaths to a farming spot or dungeon/raid. That was pretty much it.

People tell me great stories of fantastic server communties that shared and loved eachother. Who were all in the world helping and pvping. My memories are vastly different.