10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    There is the ability to fly to all of the Pet Battle Tamers (in WoD)
    Your ground mount will get you there.

There is the ability to fly up to the spires in Arak (in WoD)

They will be so much more of a spectacle from the ground. Flying to the top spoils the awe factor.

There is the ability to fly off to grind rep (in WoD)
    Your ground mount can be used for that too.

There is the ability to fly to dailies (in WoD)
    No dailies in WoD sorry.

There is the ability to fly off and explore the zones from a bird's eye view (in WoD)

Exploring and birds eye view doesn't go hand in hand. Exploring is done at a ground level exclusively.
    Obviously, you spelled the word flying wrong. It is not g r o u n d. I would have thought this far into the discussion that the word would not elude you. Essentially, since your post is about the WRONG mount, it is invalid. This is about FLYING. Ground mount chat is that way ------>

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Obviously, you spelled the word flying wrong. It is not g r o u n d. I would have thought this far into the discussion that the word would not elude you. Essentially, since your post is about the WRONG mount, it is invalid.
    You're right, your flying mount will get you to all those places.

While on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutger View Post
    I feel like i have been too open minded before and should have complained about the direction of development long before.
    Edit:
    I mean i want flying to be more integrated into the world and should have complained when the trend shifted to grounded content.
    I agree. Had I known Blizz was confused about people LOVING the flying mounts they earned, or purchased with real money, I might have offered them counsel sooner. They probably never would have put the flightless isles or the notion of no flight til 6.1 in the game.

I blame myself really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You're right, your flying mount will get you to all those places.

While on the ground.
    That's not a FLYing mount. That's called hovering. I know it is confusing now, but I promise there is a difference and would gladly Google it for you if that is also a challenge.

That's not a FLYing mount. That's called hovering. I know it is confusing now, but I promise there is a difference and would gladly Google it for you if that is also a challenge.
    No, that actually is called a FLYING mount. What it's doing at the time is irrelevant, it is a FLYING mount.

Christ, if you're going to try to be pedantic and avoid legitimate points at least get it right.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    There is the ability to fly to all of the Pet Battle Tamers (in WoD)
    Your ground mount will get you there.

There is the ability to fly up to the spires in Arak (in WoD)

They will be so much more of a spectacle from the ground. Flying to the top spoils the awe factor.

There is the ability to fly off to grind rep (in WoD)
    Your ground mount can be used for that too.

There is the ability to fly to dailies (in WoD)
    No dailies in WoD sorry.

There is the ability to fly off and explore the zones from a bird's eye view (in WoD)

Exploring and birds eye view doesn't go hand in hand. Exploring is done at a ground level exclusively.
    Do you get motion sickness easily? You don't play in 1st person view do you? Is it too much to take in?

- - - Updated - - -

No, that actually is called a FLYING mount. What it's doing at the time is irrelevant, it is a FLYING mount.

Christ, if you're going to try to be pedantic and avoid legitimate points at least get it right.
    Your labels are a pretty cheap excuse for ignoring the actual mechanics. Even a second grader can point out the "take to the skies" slogan on the mount store advertisements. If you don't think those labels are misleading, maybe there's some volunteer work you can do for Blizzard's legal department.
    Last edited by Callace; 2014-04-20 at 01:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

A flying mount that doesn't fly, is hardly a legitimate standpoint. This isn't Kindergarten mate. The "it is how it is cuz I say so" argument is not a popular one. A flying mount flys, a ground mount walks. A flying mount on the ground is parked... or hovering, but NOT flying. I swear, you people just want to nit pick and start fights.

How can a game IMPROVE when someone wants to remove a long running feature and charge you the same amount of money for it. Some raid and heroic achieves come with a Flying mount. How pissed will people be when they spend WEEKS farming an achieve, to get a STELLAR looking flying mount and NOT be able to use it in Draenor, or at their OWN garrison? How many people will rush right out to clear the achieve and not even get to use the mount they just earned in CURRENT content.

If you grow tired of the fight, then stop fighting. But myself, and the handful of people who firmly believe permanent removal of a prominent feature in a future release is a MAJOR mistake. I can tolerate it for a patch. But come 6.1, I'd better be completing some quest and unlocking flight, cause I have NO problem taking my generous hobby wallet to another MMO. I will find a game that ADDs features, and doesn't GUT the expansion for a theory.
    The same reason a person's health can IMPROVE when you remove a cancerous tumor from their body.
    Removing features is not always a bad thing.

I agree. Had I known Blizz was confused about people LOVING the flying mounts they earned, or purchased with real money, I might have offered them counsel sooner. They probably never would have put the flightless isles or the notion of no flight til 6.1 in the game.

I blame myself really.
    You'll still be able to fly in non-current content and in the major capital cities.
    Last edited by Destruktion; 2014-04-20 at 02:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    The same reason a person's health can IMPROVE when you remove a cancerous tumor from their body.

You'll still be able to fly in non-current content and in the major capital cities.
    If flight is a tumor then the patient would be long dead because it is has spread to every other organ. Likewise, removing it at this stage will kill the patient.

But that isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Your labels are a pretty cheap excuse for ignoring the actual mechanics. Even a second grader can point out the "take to the skies" slogan on the mount store advertisements. If you don't think those labels are misleading, maybe there's some volunteer work you can do for Blizzard's legal department.

My labels? Superman is the one who avoided arguments with semantics. I just corrected him since he messed up that argument, too. I have no interest in your little circlejerk pretending that flying is the massively important thing that every poll has denied so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    My labels? Superman is the one who avoided arguments with semantics. I just corrected him since he messed up that argument, too. I have no interest in your little circlejerk pretending that flying is the massively important thing that every poll has denied so far.
    Afrasiabi (sp?) said it was 50-50, and he favors no flight. Show me this evidence you speak of.

If flight is a tumor then the patient would be long dead because it is has spread to every other organ. Likewise, removing it at this stage will kill the patient.

But that isn't the case.
    Your stretch of the analogy notwithstanding, my point remains: removing something can have a beneficial effect on the whole.

10+ Year Old Account

I went ahead and bolded the part that is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO THE NEW ZONES IN DRAENOR. Maybe someday you people will figure that out. I know I can fly in Azeroth. I know I can fly in Outlands. I WANT TO FLY IN DRAENOR. Hoping that is now clarified.

As for flying being like cancer, first, I hate anyone who uses that analogy. They've obviously never lost anyone to cancer, otherwise they would understand what a horrid analogy that is and look for a new one. Second, the only thing that could IMPROVE WoW, in my opinion, is the removal of PvP in the world. Only allow it in instances. PvP is popular among assholes and their attitude is what is ruining the game, not the flying mounts.

In this instance, removing ANY feature is a poor design choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Well then, you are free to go. Your input thus far has been less than stellar and my young nephew would formulate a stronger argument using his box of 72 colors. Flying has been a main staple in this game for 8 year. It is the FIRST and LAST mount players click on, unless they are in a BG or a Raid.

Afrasiabi (sp?) said it was 50-50, and he favors no flight. Show me this evidence you speak of.
    every poll has denied so far.
    using search bars too difficult for the flying convenience crowd? Here I'll save you time:

"But this isn't 8 million players, it isn't representative"

"Yes, but majority of the playerbase doesn't even understand the details of changes next expansion yet. Probably won't even know what the expansion is called until it announces it's release date"

"yes but that means your numbers aren't valid!"

"It's more representative than anecdotes."

"Yes but I'm going to choose to keep ignoring them because the concept of other players not all caring about the exact same thing I do is too much to grasp"

"agree to disagree"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Flying gets you there in a reasonable amount of time. Seeing the view from the top of mountains is something people really enjoy.... That's why people climb them instead of saying, "oh it just ruins the view." Exploring and birds eye view 100% go hand in hand... It's just a different kind of exploring than on the ground. Oh, there are going to be dailies in WoD too, they just won't be used to gate gear in the same fashion as Mists.
    Thank you for understanding and helping explain it to the more "difficult" folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your stretch of the analogy notwithstanding, my point remains: removing something can have a beneficial effect on the whole.
    Removing something that is beneficial does not produce a benefit.

10+ Year Old Account
    using search bars too difficult for the flying convenience crowd? Here I'll save you time:

"Yes, but majority of the playerbase doesn't even understand the details of changes next expansion yet. Probably won't even know what the expansion is called until it announces it's release date"

"Yes but I'm going to choose to keep ignoring them because the concept of other players not all caring about the exact same thing I do is too much to grasp"

"agree to disagree"
    We're going to need citation sources. Otherwise this is just you making shit up as you go.

- - - Updated - - -

Removing something that is beneficial does not produce a benefit.
    Absolute truth. Flying is a HUGE advantage, even the anti-fliers agree, which is why his entire argument is both vulgar and irrelevant.

We're going to need citation sources. Otherwise this is just you making shit up as you go.
    You could just read this thread, or any other long flying argument thread. Surely you've read through this thread as you are so defensive about the subject?

Yes?

10+ Year Old Account
    You could just read this thread, or any other long flying argument thread. Surely you've read through this thread as you are so defensive about the subject?

Yes?
    The only thing I am defensive about is a long standing feature which many enjoy being removed for the sake of "trying something". If you want to be taken seriously, and treated like a grown up, you need to show your sources, and not just whip shit from thin air. If you are not a liar, you have nothing to worry about.

10+ Year Old Account

"agree to disagree"
    I don't see any internal data. Fansites aren't credible because most WoW players don't post on them. It'd be like if I polled only NRA members about gun control in a nation-wide survey.

Wow, 317 pages and counting, with most people freaking out.

Oh no, no flying until first patch. Big deal.

Somehow, whatever the situation is, I'm sure you'll get through it. If this is the toughest thing you've ever had to face in WoW, I envy you.

And why don't we wait until at least a month or two before release before going nuts.

Patience is a virtue.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." --Oscar Gamble 79 Yankees