Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Still waiting for Giscoicus to respond to my request and show me how flying can be balanced without being nerfed through the basement or removed entirely. I thought my idea was pretty good, but he disagrees. Hopefully he will have something to share with us soon.
    Reported for bumping own post. (Sounds familiar? Payback's a bitch eh?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    i'm not even gonna touch this.
    First thing that came to my mind?

ON TOPIC: Flight can be balanced, without being removed. There have been some compelling ideas made in this thread. Blizz just needs to explore the options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WtfamIreading View Post
    Reported for bumping own post. (Sounds familiar? Payback's a bitch eh?)
    Not really a bump when I am still looking for a response from another poster on a conversation we are having. Bumping your own post just for the sake of having it moved up is bad. MmmKay. Nice to know who the vindictive folks are.

First thing that came to my mind?

Not really a bump when I am still looking for a response from another poster on a conversation we are having. Bumping your own post just for the sake of having it moved up is bad. MmmKay. Nice to know who the vindictive folks are.
    I did the exact same thing when i didn't get a response from you when i requested one at page 250 or something. Your reply (to the 2nd time, you ignored the 1st one, mind you)? "Reproted for spamming" Was the reply i got

10+ Year Old Account
    I did the exact same thing when i didn't get a response from you when i requested one at page 250 or something. Your reply (to the 2nd time, you ignored the 1st one, mind you)? "Reproted for spamming" Was the reply i got
    Guys... get a room please.

@Superman: Can you please put that image into context for me?

if you want a 'fair' fight then bg or arena might be better bets. world pvp is not supposed to be fair, it never has been.

and i never once said nothing about killing lowbies, don't make shit up. if i do gank i gank max leveler players only. and yes there is thrill in that, both when ganking and when getting ganked.
    That's PvP. Ganking is killing low level players, or having a group slaughter a single person. Ganking refers to the act of killing someone who's at a disadvantage.
    Last edited by urasim; 2014-04-24 at 02:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The item you reposted made no inquiry to anyone, and only blathered the same thing you had been saying. Plus, you were being a bit of a dick at the time. I had no intention of replying then, cause you were just looking for a fight, and I wasn't going to get banned for giving it to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    That's PvP. Ganking is killing low level players, or having a group slaughter a single person. Ganking refers to the act of killing someone at a disadvantage.
    Which is all World PvP ever was.
    Supermassive Battles that died with the implementation of Epic rewarding instanced Battlegrounds excluded.

Open PvP:
    You alone at 100% Health: Hordie Waves and smiles.
    You alone at 25% Health in fight with a mob: Same Hordie kills you and spits on your corpse while trying to camp you.

Open World PvP was never a playstyle that should have been encouraged. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    I personally do not play on a PvP realm; if you meant it in general, then, well. I do not consider being randomly killed by a member of an opposing faction ganking (as long as it happens between players on roughly similar levels; a lvl100 murdering out a starting zone is definitelly beyond "randomly being killed by a member of a member of an oposing faction" and has no other purpose than to frustrate other players). That indeed does come with a PvP realm. I have a problem with people on purpose corpse camping people with no end. Moreso, as was stated several times (at least in previous threads, I do not recall reading it in this one), there are "PvPers" who do not want flying in the game because it might allow their target to escape the potential logging off out of frustration.
    That is what I consider ganking and what I think really does not belong to an MMO, and I did mention it for that speciffic reason.
    ganking lowbies, as sad as it is, is still something people on pvp realm should be able to cope with. same for corpse camping. it WILL happen on pvp realms and that's that. you knew what you were signing up for and if you didn't you can only blame yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

It would be rather spoilery if he did. I can send you a PM if you like.

10+ Year Old Account

The Walking Dead, very popular show. There is a young girl named Lizzie who is Bi-polar and we find out through the course of the show, she is hurting small animals and doing some other dark things. So, when she kills her little sister to bring her back as a Zombie, Carol, the woman in the picture has to tell her to "look at the flowers" since that is what brings her down from her dangerous state. This gives Carol the moment she needs to do the only thing she can do, which is stop Lizzie from hurting anyone else, including the baby who was "next" to die after her sister.

Supermassive Battles that died with the implementation of Epic rewarding instanced Battlegrounds excluded.

Open PvP:
    You alone at 25% Health in fight with a mob: Same Hordie kills you and spits on your corpse while trying to camp you.

I honestly had a blast with the original WPvP back in classic and TBC. Back when there were a large amount of battles to be had. Sadly, the only thing that you run across in the world nowadays is ganking and not real PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Superman, I'm not into Zombie stuff, so I don't know that show.

I honestly had a blast with the original WPvP back in classic and TBC. Back when there were a large amount of battles to be had. Sadly, the only thing that you run across in the world nowadays is ganking and not real PvP.
    Yeah I can imagine that. Though back in TBC it was no different for me.
    Can't comment on vanilla though. That was before my time.

That's PvP.
    but ganking IS pvp as it involves one player attacking the other (sometimes the other one might even fight back and maybe even win). it might be unfair, but it still pvp.

no where does it say that pvp needs to be arranged or consensual.

Ganking is killing low level players, or having a group slaughter a single person. Ganking refers to the act of killing someone who's at a disadvantage.
    well people have different definitions of ganking. the bolded part is ganking for me. levels don't matter, lvl 21 attacking lvl 23 fighting a mob is still ganking.

but ganking IS pvp as it involves one player attacking the other (sometimes the other one might even fight back and maybe even win). it might be unfair, but it still pvp.

no where does it say that pvp needs to be arranged or consensual.

well people have different definitions of ganking. the bolded part is ganking for me. levels don't matter, lvl 21 attacking lvl 23 fighting a mob is still ganking.
    That is the widely accepted definition of ganking. Just know that when people say ganking they refer to that. A level 21 attacking a level 23 killing a mob isn't ganking. It's straight up PvP. A level 90 attacking a level 23 is ganking. A group of five max level characters attacking a single max level character is ganking. There is a reason why they are called different things. Yes, ganking is a form of PvP, but it is a very small subset of it. Most players shy away from that because they actually have empathy.

Open PvP:

TM vs. SS did die with introduction of BG's but it was a stupid zerg fest and i never missed it. blackrock mountain, tyr's hand, silithius... that was some good stuff though.

Yet it is PvPers who flame the pro-fliers telling them it is a good thing and should be removed for good. Maybe, the PvE crowd would be less defensive if the PvP crowd would stop egging them on.
    Blizzard has a long history of tapping unreleased mmo's and putting the unreleased mmo *features* into their game. I believe this is why flying has been removed. Guild wars 2 and Wildstar have many jumping or climbing challenges/quests. Blizzard wants these too.

It is a shame. Again, I think when those who play WOW, and have no idea we bicker back and forth everyday on forums, discover flying is gone.. Well, I think the response will be unprecedented.

No flying will not work because Blizzard has a horrific (by horrific I mean the absolute worst in the industry) travel system. Taking 3 minutes to run to a flight path and then taking 3 minutes to fly to your location is simply not acceptable. It is not acceptable.

TM vs. SS did die with introduction of BG's but it was a stupid zerg fest and i never missed it. blackrock mountain, tyr's hand, silithius... that was some good stuff though.
    I also had a lot of fun when BGs were introduced and you had to go to the entrances to queue up. We had lots of fights in Arathi but mainly between the AV entrances as they were closer to each other. That was really fun! The queue time was a bit longer too so it was a great way to pvp while waiting for BGs.

A level 21 attacking a level 23 killing a mob isn't ganking.
    why not? they guy is at clear disadvantage and is about to get pwnt. i mean why do levels matter? either someone is at disadvantage or not.

is ilvl 500 attacking ilvl 570 who just pulled 10 elites on TI not ganking? same situation.

why not? they guy is at clear disadvantage and is about to get pwnt. i mean why do levels matter? either someone is at disadvantage or not.

is ilvl 500 attacking ilvl 570 who just pulled 10 elites on TI not ganking? same situation.
    You versus one other person that is attacking a mob isn't ganking. You attacking someone that is obviously at a huge disadvantage is ganking. I guess I shouldn't have expect someone who thought they could dismount players by auto-attacking them to understand the difference. Mobs at 23 are a joke, and ten elite mobs at level cap isn't a joke. Still having a hard time seeing the difference?

SNIP...
    I hope it causes an outrage, so we can back to "no flying during leveling", which I always quite liked.
    Agreed. No flying while leveling and then the flying option when you reach max level and you've seen the majority of the world.

Anything after max level should be designed with flying in mind.

keeping flying removed for 2-4 months past max level while still selling flying mounts in the store is pretty damn tacky.