10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    This seems to be a thing that's alluding you.

You can't balance flying and ground mounts within the game...Having the same aspects, risks, whatever, you name it.

To do so would be a massive undertaking and a lot of develop... In the end wouldn't be worth it.
    You state emphatically it cannot be done, and on the VERY NEXT SENTENCE turn right around and say it can be done, just not worth it. So which is it? Can it be done and they are just being cheap and lazy? Or can it NOT be done at all, ever? Please, choose your words wisely, cause one way makes you a liar and the other way makes you naive.

They did it in WotLK.

They are refusing to put in the budget/time to make it happen. Personally, I think garrisons is a bigger waste of time than Path of Titans. Path of Titans at least what lead to the genesis of the current talent system.

Flying has never hurt the game. TBC and WoTLK would like a word with you.

You mean before WoW was suffering from the long term side effects of flying? Yeah sure, it wasn't as bad back then.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Hell, this whole expansion is a trip down nostalgia lane so blizzard can relive some days of past glories but get this. That cannot be recaptured.
    Pretty big statement and statements coming from someone who hasn't stepped a foot in WoD. Think you got a severe case of the negative nannyies.

Just taking a look at the topographic view of the geomorphology of WoD continent tells you that their no flying stance is going to be straight up a bad, bad decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will make some people unhappy = Will make some people happy. They won't pay any price. This is my opinion here but i believe more people will be happy then unhappy. A majority from what i've seen so far either like it or they just don't care..
    The problem is, making people who are going to pay for the game no matter what Blizzard does happy is irrelevant. The end goal is to increase the subscriber base, not shrink it. And so far, I have heard far fewer people claim to want to "rejoin" WoW over no-flying than those who would leave.
    Last edited by Sunseeker; 2014-04-26 at 01:15 AM.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I love it when the casual player base who barely plays this game other than flying around the mountains on a sight seeing tour want to make the game worse for everyone else. I'm tired of going into empty zones because everyone is flying around and there is no player interaction. If you want to go fly around and skip everything, go and play a single player game but stop trying to ruin it for everyone else. I am happy Blizzard is finally realizing this and bringing the WORLD back into Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    They did it in WotLK.

They are refusing to put in the budget/time to make it happen. Personally, I think garrisons is a bigger waste of time than Path of Titans. Path of Titans at least what lead to the genesis of the current talent system.
    That does bother me.

Knowing content can be designed around flying and has shown it helps in improving subs but blizzard seems to be running on a more limited budget is worrisome.

Live is getting nothing new for 10+ months while this expansion is stretched to its limits and more content has been removed than added and it has a higher cost than any past expansion that offered more new features.

It's a bad time to be a WOW gamer.

Flying has never hurt the game. TBC and WoTLK would like a word with you.

You mean before WoW was suffering from the long term side effects of flying? Yeah sure, it wasn't as bad back then.
    Yea that wasn't a side affect of flying. IF it was WoTLk would have suffered. Guess what? It didn't.

It was a side affect of WOW's "B" design team when the "A" team moved to a so called titan.

Pretty big statement and statements coming from someone who hasn't stepped a foot in WoD. Think you got a severe case of the negative nannyies.
    Nah - just logical thinking from someone that has been in WOW over 10 years.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-04-26 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave flying beyond 6.1: Nothing changes.
    Remove flying from WoD: Loss of subscriptions.

This topic is nearing 400 pages of dispute regarding this change white the casual majority which we reasonably expect to refuse the removal of flying doesn't even bother with fansites.

Flying will be back beyond 6.1 regardless of how good you all think it would be to see it removed from the game. Sorry.
    Last edited by Venteus; 2014-04-26 at 01:20 AM.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdaptValkyrie View Post
    I love it when the casual player base who barely plays this game other than flying around the mountains on a sight seeing tour want to make the game worse for everyone else. I'm tired of going into empty zones because everyone is flying around and there is no player interaction. If you want to go fly around and skip everything, go and play a single player game but stop trying to ruin it for everyone else. I am happy Blizzard is finally realizing this and bringing the WORLD back into Warcraft.
    I enjoy it when nostalgia and rose colored goggles get the better of the old timers. I loved TBC, but I would NEVER go back to it. Once was enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    You state emphatically it cannot be done, and on the VERY NEXT SENTENCE turn right around and say it can be done, just not worth it. So which is it? Can it be done and they are just being cheap and lazy? Or can it NOT be done at all, ever? Please, choose your words wisely, cause one way makes you a liar and the other way makes you naive.
    Ok then i'll rephrase it...It can be done, but would be fucking retarded to do so...Better? Has nothing to do with being lazy or cheap on their end. There moving forward with a vision in mind. How is it a good idea splitting there design and resources into 2 different areas of play? Longer development times for new content, more issues, list just goes on..It's like clinging to a dead fish, continuing to feed it. Needs to be flushed down the toilet. Bad ideas are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The problem is, making people who are going to pay for the game no matter what Blizzard does happy is irrelevant. The end goal is to increase the subscriber base, not shrink it. And so far, I have heard far fewer people claim to want to "rejoin" WoW over no-flying than those who would leave.
    While I agree that they want to make money and increase the number of sucscribers, they also want to make a game up to their standards or however you wanna word it. Which is why they haven't decided yet. If it turns out to be a horrible mistake moneywise they will add flying again I'm sure, but if it works out well and the sucscriber number is good and Blizzard is happy because the game is now closer to the their vision, I think they wont mind too much if some people are unhappy.

I also don't think that many people will quit over this flying thing only, even if they're not too fond of the idea. As for me, I like it and I'll probably come back for WoD(which means I'll have to buy MoP too, more money for them I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    lol It's not as big of a number then your thinking it is. People bitching are always 10 times louder and more noticed then the people who are happy and or quiet giving the illusion it's everywhere you look and read.

10+ Year Old Account
    It can be done, but would be fucking retarded to do so...Better?
    That's your opinion. Blizz is just being cheap and not wanting to use their resources to fix it. It is cheaper for them just to remove it. $900M a year in profit, and they can't even balance flying. They are probably doing me a fucking favor by dumping a key feature that neuters an aspect of my class. Will make it easier to just walk the fuck away. 6.1. It all hinges on 6.1.

I was always a Fanboy for Ghostcrawler. Now I know why.

I am glad that they are removing flying. To quote Strong Sad, "I'm sad that I'm flying."

Ok then i'll rephrase it...It can be done, but would be fucking retarded to do so...Better? Has nothing to do with being lazy or cheap on their end. There moving forward with a vision in mind. How is it a good idea splitting there design and resources into 2 different areas of play? Longer development times for new content, more issues, list just goes on..It's like clinging to a dead fish, continuing to feed it. Needs to be flushed down the toilet. Bad ideas are bad.
    Except proof in subs shows that good content and good story designed with flying at max level brought in more gamers than any MMO in history.

When content and story take a nose dive and flying doesn't change and we lose 6 million subs. Guess what. Flying isn't the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Good content and story could have been enough to raise high amount of subscriptions during WotLK. It's hard to determine how many subscriptions flying actually added to the game, as you said... story and content got a bit worse and game started losing subscriptions even tho flying stayed in-game and in Cataclysm it even had larger role as you were able to fly from start.
    What we do know is that flying didn't cause the sub loss.

Poor content and story did.

flying isn't the problem here. Flying being used as an scapegoat to the real problem is.

You create poor stories and even worse content with that story then you're going to lose subs. Blaming it on travel is just - stupid.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-04-26 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    That's your opinion. Blizz is just being cheap and not wanting to use their resources to fix it. It is cheaper for them just to remove it. $900M a year in profit, and they can't even balance flying. They are probably doing me a fucking favor by dumping a key feature that neuters an aspect of my class. Will make it easier to just walk the fuck away. 6.1. It all hinges on 6.1.

I was always a Fanboy for Ghostcrawler. Now I know why.
    My opinion - The right opinion. I know you like to sit there every time your stomped with your fall back safety card comment to dismiss it ''Your opinion'' To continue trying to cater to non-flying and flying in development and future patches is a bad idea, waste of resources..Ton of commitment to a niche game feature that should be allowed to stay because ''it's your preferred style of play' . I wonder what your entitlement and i want things my way attitude looks like in real life. You must need a backpack to carry it around and have major back strain.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol It's not as big of a number then your thinking it is. People bitching are always 10 times louder and more noticed then the people who are happy and or quiet giving the illusion it's everywhere you look and read.
    Again, that's not my point. People who will be happy with whatever are unimportant. They'll be happy because that's the sort of people they are, flying or not.

Noone knows how many people will leave if no-flying becomes permanent. The fact that any will quit at all is something to consider. Because as it stands, nobody is going to quit over flying staying in the game.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

My opinion - The right opinion.
    Haha! So delusional. What makes your opinion the only one that matters?

You even thought that removing flight somehow increased the cost of creating content. Talk about pulling shit out of nowhere and being 100% wrong on almost every single thing you say. You don't provide any facts only speculations and opinions that aren't based in reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    This thread should probably be renamed, since it is nowadays more about flying/no-flying discussion than about "no flying until 6.1 or not". (that being said, Blizzard could simply address the quote by Mr. Afrasiabi, just for clarity's sake; it wouldn't hurt anyone, now, would it)
    Does anyone have that blue post where they confirmed that the plan for flying hasn't changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.